Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print
Wholesale electricity prices up already (Read 6533 times)
juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Wholesale electricity prices up already
Reply #30 - May 21st, 2019 at 1:07pm

Now lame brain Tweedledee crawls out of the bull rushes.

Freediver sounds like Rob Oakeshott.

To make Australia great you need CHEAP POWER and ONLY COAL can deliver that. And Hydro as well but NOT expensive unreliable low output renewable rubbish.

The joke is that there is not enough clear treeless land to build the thousands of solar farms and wind farms to RELIABLY provide the SAME output as the coal power stations.

Once again a lack of actual practical understanding of how power generation works in real life.

And do not forget that the Greenies want to CLOSE DOWN ALL INDUSTRY in AUSTRALIA and that is why they want to cripple the power network.
« Last Edit: May 21st, 2019 at 1:15pm by juliar »  

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #31 - May 21st, 2019 at 1:25pm

juliar wrote on May 21st, 2019 at 1:07pm:

To make Australia great you need CHEAP POWER and ONLY COAL can deliver that. And Hydro as well but NOT expensive unreliable low output renewable rubbish.

The joke is that there is not enough clear treeless land to build the thousands of solar farms and wind farms to RELIABLY provide the SAME output as the coal power stations.

Once again a lack of actual practical understanding of how power generation works in real life.

And do not forget that the Greenies want to CLOSE DOWN ALL INDUSTRY in AUSTRALIA and that is why they want to cripple the power network.

Yet we liberals are so proud of how much we have spent on renewable energy and what we will do in the future, maybe you should get on board to Jules Smiley

A $2 billion Climate Solutions Fund. This will help farmers, small businesses and Indigenous communities reduce emissions, lower energy costs and improve the natural environment. This will build on the success of the Emissions Reduction Fund which has delivered 193 million tonnes of emissions reductions.

2017 saw investment in renewables in Australia increasing by 150%, to record levels.
Australia’s $11 billion investment last year in clean energy placed us seventh in the world (third on a per capita basis).
Last year was also the biggest ever year for rooftop solar installation. One in five Australians now has solar panels on their roof – one of the highest rates in the world.
Renewable energy will reach 23.5% of Australia’s electricity supply by 2020.

Our Prime Minister is trying to get Australia on course Jules, stop trying to tear him down.... Wink

I am me

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #32 - May 21st, 2019 at 1:55pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on May 21st, 2019 at 1:25pm:

Yet we liberals are so proud of how much we have spent on renewable energy and what we will do in the future, maybe you should get on board to Jules Smiley

A $2 billion Climate Solutions Fund. This will help farmers, small businesses and Indigenous communities reduce emissions, lower energy costs and improve the natural environment. This will build on the success of the Emissions Reduction Fund which has delivered 193 million tonnes of emissions reductions.

2017 saw investment in renewables in Australia increasing by 150%, to record levels.
Australia’s $11 billion investment last year in clean energy placed us seventh in the world (third on a per capita basis).
Last year was also the biggest ever year for rooftop solar installation. One in five Australians now has solar panels on their roof – one of the highest rates in the world.
Renewable energy will reach 23.5% of Australia’s electricity supply by 2020.

Our Prime Minister is trying to get Australia on course Jules, stop trying to tear him down.... Wink

The election was an electric shock. ScoMo will reward the capitalists who financed his reelection.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - May 21st, 2019 at 1:59pm

juliar wrote on May 21st, 2019 at 9:54am:
The Big Mac with Coke and Fries is stumped and just cannot accept what happened. Yes Labor did really win.

Sth Aust with all their renewable rubbish has the highest power prices in Australia.

A caller on 2GB just said he has worked out the cost of Shorten's NBN Mark 2 his CLIMATE CHANGE SCAM - it cost the election.

I'm sure 2GB is a great source of credible science along with the deadbeats that listen to it. Cheesy LOL

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - May 21st, 2019 at 2:20pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on May 21st, 2019 at 1:55pm:
The election was an electric shock. ScoMo will reward the capitalists who financed his reelection.

Only until the voters realise that this is called "corruption".

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - May 21st, 2019 at 4:16pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 21st, 2019 at 1:14am:
lee wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 9:37pm:
This can't have been from those ethical renewables power generators, can it?

According to the meme renewables are now cheaper, and more reliable. Therefore the fossil fuelled ones just have to be price takers not price makers.

I doubt a long-term project such as renewable energy would cause such a fluctuation in one day 

Yes petal. You doubt. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #36 - May 21st, 2019 at 9:27pm

Crap. What's so special about cheap power? Do you stress about money every time you flick a light switch?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - May 21st, 2019 at 10:06pm

freediver wrote on May 21st, 2019 at 9:27pm:
What's so special about cheap power?

The poor can afford it. Wink

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #38 - May 21st, 2019 at 10:07pm

Have you ever met someone who can't afford electricity?

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - May 21st, 2019 at 10:29pm

freediver wrote on May 21st, 2019 at 10:07pm:

You mean like this? -

"Electricity costs bring WA power disconnections to a six-year high"

https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/electricity-costs-bring-wa...

You really are a tool.

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - May 22nd, 2019 at 8:08am

Freediver sounds even more like Rob Oakeshott as he trots out the Greeny slogans which lead to national despair.

Already there are pensioners freezing during winter as they cannot afford to switch on a heater.

CHEAP POWER is the vital key to Australia's prosperity.

It allows Australian industry to compete with overseas industry.

And to repeat, even though the Lefties will never be able to understand a word of this - there is not enough free clear treeless land available to build the many thousands of solar and wind farms required to RELIABLY generate the SAME power output as the coal power stations effortlessly do day and night.

Because the output of a wind farm is so erratic it has to be backed up by at least 2 other wind farms far enough away to avoid the local wind null.

Once again the inexperienced impractical uninformed Lefties will not understand a word of this.

Will the blades stop turning when ScoMo reduces the subsidy ?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #41 - May 22nd, 2019 at 12:25pm

lee wrote on May 21st, 2019 at 10:29pm:
freediver wrote on May 21st, 2019 at 10:07pm:

You mean like this? -

"Electricity costs bring WA power disconnections to a six-year high"

https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/electricity-costs-bring-wa...

You really are a tool.

Is that a no Lee?

For how many of those people do you think the cost of the electricity itself was the dominant cost, rather than the cost of the connection?

Also, how many of the disconnected buildings were actually occupied by people with no off-grid power?
« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2019 at 12:32pm by freediver »  

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #42 - May 22nd, 2019 at 12:30pm

juliar wrote on May 22nd, 2019 at 8:08am:
Freediver sounds even more like Rob Oakeshott as he trots out the Greeny slogans which lead to national despair.

Already there are pensioners freezing during winter as they cannot afford to switch on a heater.

CHEAP POWER is the vital key to Australia's prosperity.

It allows Australian industry to compete with overseas industry.

And to repeat, even though the Lefties will never be able to understand a word of this - there is not enough free clear treeless land available to build the many thousands of solar and wind farms required to RELIABLY generate the SAME power output as the coal power stations effortlessly do day and night.

Because the output of a wind farm is so erratic it has to be backed up by at least 2 other wind farms far enough away to avoid the local wind null.

Once again the inexperienced impractical uninformed Lefties will not understand a word of this.

https://i0.wp.com/en.friends-against-wind.org/img/Subsidy_Sam.jpg
Will the blades stop turning when ScoMo reduces the subsidy ?

You have it backwards Juliar. The Liberal party supports MRET's, subsidies for renewables etc. I oppose them because they are an expensive option that push power prices up unnecessarily. Switching to renewables is not the same thing as reducing GHG emissions. The liberal party got rid of the cheapest, most economically efficient way to reduce GHG emissions in favour of expensive tokenism.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #43 - May 22nd, 2019 at 2:00pm

juliar wrote on May 22nd, 2019 at 8:08am:
F

Care to show your working for this?>

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - May 22nd, 2019 at 4:38pm

freediver wrote on May 22nd, 2019 at 12:25pm:
For how many of those people do you think the cost of the electricity itself was the dominant cost, rather than the cost of the connection?

Seeing as the cost of connection is already paid? It is not talking new connections. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

freediver wrote on May 22nd, 2019 at 12:25pm:
Also, how many of the disconnected buildings were actually occupied by people with no off-grid power?

For them to be in the stats they would be on grid. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print