Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print
Immediate Loss of Licence (Read 3813 times)
John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Immediate Loss of Licence
Reply #30 - May 20th, 2019 at 6:02pm

PZ547 wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 6:00pm:
John Smith wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 5:40pm:
PZ547 wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 12:47pm:
Captain Caveman wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 12:46pm:
PZ547 wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 12:44pm:
Gordon wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 12:33pm:
It's not bloody hard, if you don't want to lose your license don't drive when drinking.
Get a $100 breathalyser to keep in your car, get an Uber.

Bit unrealistic

Lunch with a friend.  Small glass wine.  Drive back to work, well under the previous limit

bit of marijuana.  Drive to the shops a hour or two later, almost assuredly more alert and competent than overweight women on the school run, nattering on their phone, playing with their hair, too fat to turn properly to look in the back or even turn the wheel full lock.  Or Fred and Marge who go shopping once a week with Fred half blind and suffering intermittent blood flow to the brain

maybe Gladys is trying to reduce NSW population via nanny-state laws

and maybe she should get someone to dust for colombian marching powder at the top end of town

Id sack their arse instantly if they worked for me.
Show up fit for work or piss off. You not only endanger yourself but every one around you.

seriously?

women/girls working in childcare often share a bottle of wine at lunchtime or afternoon tea to celebrate a birthday or similar

I'm calling bullshit. Anything happened to a kid and they were found to be drinking they would be strung up.

You're always calling bullshit

it's how you pretend to have power

I've never professed to having any powers .... apart from spotting obvious bullshit. But I don't think of that as a power, it's just common sense.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - May 20th, 2019 at 6:41pm

Gordon wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 12:51pm:
It's not bloody hard, if you don't want to lose your license don't drive when drinking.

Bit unrealistic

Lunch with a friend.  Small glass wine.  Drive back to work, well under the previous limit

bit of marijuana.  Drive to the shops a hour or two later, almost assuredly more alert and competent than overweight women on the school run, nattering on their phone, playing with their hair, too fat to turn properly to look in the back or even turn the wheel full lock.  Or Fred and Marge who go shopping once a week with Fred half blind and suffering intermittent blood flow to the brain

and maybe she should get someone to dust for colombian marching powder at the top end of town

Let me tell you something, police LOVE catching people for drugged driving around my way.

I drive a soccer mum's car with a baby seat usually full of kids crap so they don't get the kit out for me at the RBT, but in the east subs, which probably has the highest cocaine usage in Australia, when they pull up a young cat in fancy car, they usually make them 'lick the stick'.

Miam miam.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - May 20th, 2019 at 7:07pm

Mattyfisk wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 6:41pm:

Bit unrealistic

Let me tell you something, police LOVE catching people for drugged driving around my way.

I drive a soccer mum's car with a baby seat usually full of kids crap so they don't get the kit out for me at the RBT, but in the east subs, which probably has the highest cocaine usage in Australia, when they pull up a young cat in fancy car, they usually make them 'lick the stick'.

Miam miam.

No faintly elongated shape is safe from you, Paki. You will suck on anything with relish.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - May 20th, 2019 at 7:20pm

Captain Caveman wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 2:58pm:
miketrees wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 2:44pm:
Eventually the alcohol limit will be zero.

Then there is no way you can miscalculate the drinks, just dont drink if you are driving,,, simple.

I was going to say that this may be where they are going with this move.
Introduce it....still not working. That's it. ZERO. Everyone suffers.

It already is zero if you drive heavy vehicle. 

Or if on P plates....

As a train driver I'm zero... when on the premises.

I can drive my car to work under .05 but once signed on the job... zero.

I don't agree with "a drink on the way home or at lunch".

Very easy to have more than the limit.... especially with wine.

There's just no need or excuse to drink and drive today.

Yet idiots keep doing it.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - May 20th, 2019 at 7:38pm

Valkie wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 5:37pm:
We have a zero tolerance policy where I work and random drug and alcohol tests are carried out regularly.

And each and every time
ALL MANAGERS are required to participate every time.

I believe that alcohol and drugs are the primary cause of road accidents
Not this bull shite speed they keep going on about
But enforcing speed in a draconian way is perfect for a lazy, greedy and incompetent grubberment.

It also fits in nicely to the low IQ cops who only have to see the little red light come on and they can chase a car and book them.
No hard decisions like, I wonder what page in the book that crime is.

Just look at the deadbeats who booked that fool using his mobility scooter to transport his boat.
They didn't have a clue what laws he had broken, they had to go back to the station and have a brainstorming ( or brain cell storming) session to work it out.

And for the grubberment, speed enforcement is the answer to all their prayers.
Set up lots of inaccurate cameras 24-7 and simply reap the profits.
Then, just to make sure that revenue is ongoing,  they change speed limits every few metres and at different times of the day.

Kleptocrat, lazy, greedy, incompetent, morally corrupt, criminal grubberment.

30% of road fatalities in Australia are due to drink driving.......

What does that say about the other 70 % involved that are zero/sober?

To me that means of that 70% majority of other fatalities there are too many unsuitable idiots behind the wheel.

https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/russian/en/article/2018/01/06/too-high-30-fa...

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #35 - May 20th, 2019 at 8:01pm

Ya know what?

Quote:

That is an excellent observation and yet it seems that just about 100% of Copper resources go into detecting drink/drug drivers.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - May 20th, 2019 at 8:07pm

Gnads wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 7:38pm:

they were stoned

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - May 20th, 2019 at 9:05pm

rhino wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 4:58pm:
Captain Caveman wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 1:07pm:
PZ547 wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 12:47pm:
Captain Caveman wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 12:46pm:

Bit unrealistic

Id sack their arse instantly if they worked for me.
Show up fit for work or piss off. You not only endanger yourself but every one around you.

seriously?

women/girls working in childcare often share a bottle of wine at lunchtime or afternoon tea to celebrate a birthday or similar

Yep. Drink outside of work hours. Everyone has a duty to be fit for work.

My workplace has a 0 tolerance for alcohol and drugs. Most work sites do.
As for childcare....not sure but I recon it would be the same Australia over. To much risk involved in turning a blind eye. The solicitors blood sucking, life draining parasites would have a field day should something go wrong, even If alcohol was not involved. Then the workers comp and insurances.....to risky to have employees drinking, even small amounts.
I have a .02 limit at work. which means I can scull a beer in the carpark and arrive at work under the limit.

Wow.
Is that to allow for mouth wash etc. Although that stuff blows the bag at around .14 if done straight away. It quickly dies off though.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #38 - May 20th, 2019 at 9:11pm

Mattyfisk wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 6:41pm:

Bit unrealistic

Miam miam.

Do you like the new digital breathalizers or do you prefer the old school blowing in a bag?

IBI

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #39 - May 20th, 2019 at 9:33pm

In the 60 years of my life

I have only had a handful of sips of alcohol at wedding toasts.

The only drugs I have taken were prescription.

This is because I was a state swimmer, competitive martial artist and played semi professional tennis.

Alcohol, drugs and smoking were really really bad for your performance.
So , right up to 15 years ago, I never partook of any of the bad things because I was competing.
A
15 years ago, I broke my back.
But I still have no time for alcohol,  drugs or smoking.
At 60, the only medication I take is blood pressure tablets.
I am still quite healthy, can still swim 2.5 Kim in under an hour and do all my own renovations.

Pumping shite into your body does not make you better,  it only dull your senses.
I have seen so many people suffer at the hands of alcohol,  drugs and smokes.
I have lost several friends, family and work colleagues.

Banning drunks and drug addicts will make a tremendous difference to the road toll.
The amount of difference will depend on how much effort they put into enforcement.

My wife has been driving 30 years
And to this day, she has never been tested.
They seriously need to put more effort into catching drunks and drugged drivers.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #40 - May 20th, 2019 at 9:40pm

Work does not tolerate any level of intoxication. I did, when I was working at a pizza delivery store, scull a bourbon and coke on a delivery NYE 2004/2005. Got back to the store and went on another delivery. Straight up got pulled over for an rbt. The officer asked if I had been drinking at all. I told him that it had been 5 minutes prior. He told me to submit to a breath test. He took the reading. Had a look at the results. Paused. Then decided "Yeah, alright" and let me off. He probably saw a reading of 0.04, and factored in the mouth alcohol and let me go. I was on my opens anyway, and would have got away with a clearance based on that fact. Nightclubs would give me a free drink on occasion doing deliveries there.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - May 20th, 2019 at 10:04pm

Valkie wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 9:33pm:
In the 60 years of my life

I have only had a handful of sips of alcohol at wedding toasts.

The only drugs I have taken were prescription.

This is because I was a state swimmer, competitive martial artist and played semi professional tennis.

Alcohol, drugs and smoking were really really bad for your performance.
So , right up to 15 years ago, I never partook of any of the bad things because I was competing.
A
15 years ago, I broke my back.
But I still have no time for alcohol,  drugs or smoking.
At 60, the only medication I take is blood pressure tablets.
I am still quite healthy, can still swim 2.5 Kim in under an hour and do all my own renovations.

Pumping shite into your body does not make you better,  it only dull your senses.
I have seen so many people suffer at the hands of alcohol,  drugs and smokes.
I have lost several friends, family and work colleagues.

Banning drunks and drug addicts will make a tremendous difference to the road toll.
The amount of difference will depend on how much effort they put into enforcement.

My wife has been driving 30 years
And to this day, she has never been tested.
They seriously need to put more effort into catching drunks and drugged drivers.

😂You've Been super active, fit, and are on BP tablets?

Goes to show you should have enjoyed life a tad more you don't know what you've missed. Wink

I quit smoking when I was 21 ...63 now, played contact sport, drank like a fish, partied hard...

slowed up large ... haven't had a hang over for 13 yrs...

I'm on BP medication too... but I bet I'm a bit heavier than you....

And I've been off work since February with spinal disc and sciatic problems.  Grin

But I've had a great sampling of life up to then.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - May 20th, 2019 at 10:06pm

Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 8:01pm:
Ya know what?

Quote:

That is an excellent observation and yet it seems that just about 100% of Copper resources go into detecting drink/drug drivers.

How do you detect/predict that 70 %?

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #43 - May 20th, 2019 at 10:14pm

It's a good way to cut down on all the congestion on the roads.
Maybe one day, only the privileged will be able to drive?  Wink Cheesy

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - May 20th, 2019 at 10:21pm

Jasin wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 10:14pm:
It's a good way to cut down on all the congestion on the roads.
Maybe one day, only the privileged will be able to drive?  Wink Cheesy

think of all those breathalyzer vans  being made redundant Roll Eyes....... no!! we need a few baddies out there just to prove how goody goody the rest of us are...

I dont mean killing anyone just breaking the law and getting caught...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print