Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Immediate Loss of Licence (Read 3825 times)
Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Immediate Loss of Licence
Reply #15 - May 20th, 2019 at 1:07pm

PZ547 wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 12:47pm:
Captain Caveman wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 12:46pm:
PZ547 wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 12:44pm:
Gordon wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 12:33pm:
It's not bloody hard, if you don't want to lose your license don't drive when drinking.
Get a $100 breathalyser to keep in your car, get an Uber.

Bit unrealistic

Lunch with a friend.  Small glass wine.  Drive back to work, well under the previous limit

bit of marijuana.  Drive to the shops a hour or two later, almost assuredly more alert and competent than overweight women on the school run, nattering on their phone, playing with their hair, too fat to turn properly to look in the back or even turn the wheel full lock.  Or Fred and Marge who go shopping once a week with Fred half blind and suffering intermittent blood flow to the brain

maybe Gladys is trying to reduce NSW population via nanny-state laws

and maybe she should get someone to dust for colombian marching powder at the top end of town

Id sack their arse instantly if they worked for me.
Show up fit for work or piss off. You not only endanger yourself but every one around you.

seriously?

women/girls working in childcare often share a bottle of wine at lunchtime or afternoon tea to celebrate a birthday or similar

Yep. Drink outside of work hours. Everyone has a duty to be fit for work.

My workplace has a 0 tolerance for alcohol and drugs. Most work sites do.
As for childcare....not sure but I recon it would be the same Australia over. To much risk involved in turning a blind eye. The solicitors blood sucking, life draining parasites would have a field day should something go wrong, even If alcohol was not involved. Then the workers comp and insurances.....to risky to have employees drinking, even small amounts.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - May 20th, 2019 at 1:11pm

Captain Caveman wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 1:07pm:
It's not bloody hard, if you don't want to lose your license don't drive when drinking.

Bit unrealistic

Lunch with a friend.  Small glass wine.  Drive back to work, well under the previous limit

bit of marijuana.  Drive to the shops a hour or two later, almost assuredly more alert and competent than overweight women on the school run, nattering on their phone, playing with their hair, too fat to turn properly to look in the back or even turn the wheel full lock.  Or Fred and Marge who go shopping once a week with Fred half blind and suffering intermittent blood flow to the brain

and maybe she should get someone to dust for colombian marching powder at the top end of town

Show up fit for work or piss off. You not only endanger yourself but every one around you.

seriously?

women/girls working in childcare often share a bottle of wine at lunchtime or afternoon tea to celebrate a birthday or similar

As for childcare....not sure but I recon it would be the same Australia over. To much risk involved in turning a blind eye. The solicitors blood sucking, life draining parasites would have a field day should something go wrong, even If alcohol was not involved. Then the workers comp and insurances.....to risky to have employees drinking, even small amounts.

for argument's sake

do you really believe Hawke went teetotal for the entirety of his time in office --- or even gave up drinking at all?  I don't.  And he 'ran' the country

I get what you're saying about insurance, but a drink or two in everyman's reckoning is not anything to get hysterical about

it's not long ago that surgeons imbibed on the job, said it helped their nerves and concentration

they were/are giving babies brandy in their bottles to make them sleep

No, this new one-drop law has an agenda but I very much doubt it has anything to do with public safety

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - May 20th, 2019 at 1:55pm

PZ547 wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 1:11pm:

Bit unrealistic

seriously?

for argument's sake

do you really believe Hawke went teetotal for the entirety of his time in office --- or even gave up drinking at all?  I don't.  And he 'ran' the country

I get what you're saying about insurance, but a drink or two in everyman's reckoning is not anything to get hysterical about

it's not long ago that surgeons imbibed on the job, said it helped their nerves and concentration

they were/are giving babies brandy in their bottles to make them sleep

No, this new one-drop law has an agenda but I very much doubt it has anything to do with public safety

Oh I totally agree. It never is about our safety. Look at speed cameras.
We have cameras parked on the side of the road taking photos of speeding motorists. They don't stop that motorist speeding yet that motorist still gets the fine. If that car then goes on to have a collision with another vehicle and killed all occupants, bar the speeding motorist, then technically the speed camera opwrator is partly at fault because that cameras operator, as a safety officer, has a duty to stop that speeding motorist...yet he did not...and yes he is a safety officer. The van has ROAD SAFETY CAMERA plastered down the side of it.
These vans raise millions. No doubt this will too.

Now for the drop at work. Mate, I grew up when we could drink at work. We had beer in our fridge all the time. The boss was a piss head. Hands shaped like xxxx tins. It is the solicitors that have stopped that because the out of control workers would drink to much and go crash a car or kill themselves/someone else or whatever. The solicitors through time gathered momentum to say that the workplace supplied it so they are responsible for it,  not the person drinking it? WTF??? So that is now why we now have zero tolerance towards drinking at work, anytime. The business now suffers more than the weak employee that had to drink to much and if my business is at risk because some broad wants a few sherbets at lunch then she can go and work for someone else afaiac.

One thing I take into buisiness,  there are no mates in business.
« Last Edit: May 20th, 2019 at 3:00pm by Captain Caveman »  

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - May 20th, 2019 at 2:05pm

PZ547 wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 12:15pm:
cods wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 11:28am:
ouch... that seems harsh.....

human beings can be so stooooopid...

I can't make out what it's about.  Control?  Revenue?  Getting x-number of cars off congested roads? 

68 road deaths in a year is worse than no deaths of course, but when you take into account the multi millions of car trips per year, including vast distances, poor roads, fatigue, etc., 68 deaths is a minute percentage of all trips completed without incident

I forget the stats, but it's close to 3 a day commit suicide (just looked it up -- 8 per day in 2015 LINK

if they take away someone's licence re: the new 'one drop' rule, they're taking away someone's ability to earn a living in many instances -- for a tipple of sherry, a small glass of beer, etc.  So bound to be suicides as result of loss of licence, loss of livlihood, inability to pay rent, support a family, etc.

Then the wholesale slaughter of Australian women.  And people will contest that description of what's going on by claiming we have one of the lowest domestic violence/murder rates, etc.  But from the standpoint of the public, it's one and more women a day being murdered and even when the killers are caught and sentenced, they can be  back out on the streets in well under ten years.  Compared with draconian cancellation of a driver's licence for one drop of alcohol, murderers are getting off very lightly

I rarely if ever drink and gave my car away close to ten years ago, so I don't have a vested interest.  Just think NSW govt. is being extremely heavy handed with its zero alcohol laws.  Oh, and am not a drug user either

we need to be sensible about this......give it a trial...lets be honest what would you or I do if one of our own was killed by a drink driver???????????..

its unforgivable to kill someone when drunk ... and we are all different when it comes to alcohol tolerance...

the fact that many more are not killed is really pure luck.....

if we do not heed a warning   which a FINE is......then we need extra strong consequences.....

so I say lets see if anything changes.before we write  it off..

more and more women are getting caught over the limit with children in their cars...

nothing seems to get the message across....

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #19 - May 20th, 2019 at 2:40pm

Anybody driving over the alcohol limit or under the influence of drugs should be banned immediately.......absolutely no question..

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - May 20th, 2019 at 2:44pm

Eventually the alcohol limit will be zero.

Then there is no way you can miscalculate the drinks, just dont drink if you are driving,,, simple.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - May 20th, 2019 at 2:58pm

miketrees wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 2:44pm:
Eventually the alcohol limit will be zero.

Then there is no way you can miscalculate the drinks, just dont drink if you are driving,,, simple.

I was going to say that this may be where they are going with this move.
Introduce it....still not working. That's it. ZERO. Everyone suffers.

It already is zero if you drive heavy vehicle.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #22 - May 20th, 2019 at 4:13pm

I think it is a $600 fine, six-month loss of licence for people that get caught with a BAC of 0.05, minimum. I saw a lawyer plead guilty to low-range drink driving, a few months back. The judge took into account the defendant's alcoholism, remorse, and early plea, and fined him the above penalty.

This is not out of the ordinary.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #23 - May 20th, 2019 at 4:42pm

Remember the good old colonial days when the Cops and Soldiers could get drunk, sell rum and molest a convict woman in return for a piece of bread.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - May 20th, 2019 at 4:58pm

Bit unrealistic

seriously?

I have a .02 limit at work. which means I can scull a beer in the carpark and arrive at work under the limit.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - May 20th, 2019 at 5:02pm

UnSubRocky wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 4:13pm:

I think it is a $600 fine, six-month loss of licence for people that get caught with a BAC of 0.05, minimum. I saw a lawyer plead guilty to low-range drink driving, a few months back. The judge took into account the defendant's alcoholism, remorse, and early plea, and fined him the above penalty.

This is not out of the ordinary.

and those fines dont stop anything do they????...

in fact the govt makes huge money out of misery... which drink driving usually causes.... when a say drink I mean anything that alters your perspective...

and just quietly I think ZERO alcohol   is also part of the answer...... Sad Sad  we are a mean inconsiderate group of arseholes..lets face it. Angry

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - May 20th, 2019 at 5:04pm

rhino wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 4:58pm:

Bit unrealistic

seriously?

I have a .02 limit at work. which means I can scull a beer in the carpark and arrive at work under the limit.

rhino I sincerely hope you are not in charge of dangerous machinery where you work....

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #27 - May 20th, 2019 at 5:37pm

We have a zero tolerance policy where I work and random drug and alcohol tests are carried out regularly.

And each and every time
ALL MANAGERS are required to participate every time.

I believe that alcohol and drugs are the primary cause of road accidents
Not this bull shite speed they keep going on about
But enforcing speed in a draconian way is perfect for a lazy, greedy and incompetent grubberment.

It also fits in nicely to the low IQ cops who only have to see the little red light come on and they can chase a car and book them.
No hard decisions like, I wonder what page in the book that crime is.

Just look at the deadbeats who booked that fool using his mobility scooter to transport his boat.
They didn't have a clue what laws he had broken, they had to go back to the station and have a brainstorming ( or brain cell storming) session to work it out.

And for the grubberment, speed enforcement is the answer to all their prayers.
Set up lots of inaccurate cameras 24-7 and simply reap the profits.
Then, just to make sure that revenue is ongoing,  they change speed limits every few metres and at different times of the day.

Kleptocrat, lazy, greedy, incompetent, morally corrupt, criminal grubberment.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - May 20th, 2019 at 5:40pm

Bit unrealistic

seriously?

I'm calling bullshit. Anything happened to a kid and they were found to be drinking they would be strung up.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - May 20th, 2019 at 6:00pm

John Smith wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 5:40pm:

Bit unrealistic

seriously?

I'm calling bullshit. Anything happened to a kid and they were found to be drinking they would be strung up.

You're always calling bullshit

it's how you pretend to have power

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print