Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Immediate Loss of Licence (Read 3770 times)
PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Immediate Loss of Licence
May 20th, 2019 at 11:11am

Quote:
From today, anyone caught drink-driving or under the influence of drugs in NSW will immediately lose their licence and face a fine of more than $500.

Previously, only those who have a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08 or higher cop an immediate licence suspension.

For drink drivers caught by police it means they will have to get out of their car and walk home. Under previous legislation, they could keep their licence while they went to court

LINK

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Immediate Loss of Licence
Reply #1 - May 20th, 2019 at 11:28am

ouch... that seems harsh.....

human beings can be so stooooopid...

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - May 20th, 2019 at 12:15pm

cods wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 11:28am:
ouch... that seems harsh.....

human beings can be so stooooopid...

I can't make out what it's about.  Control?  Revenue?  Getting x-number of cars off congested roads? 

68 road deaths in a year is worse than no deaths of course, but when you take into account the multi millions of car trips per year, including vast distances, poor roads, fatigue, etc., 68 deaths is a minute percentage of all trips completed without incident

I forget the stats, but it's close to 3 a day commit suicide (just looked it up -- 8 per day in 2015 LINK

if they take away someone's licence re: the new 'one drop' rule, they're taking away someone's ability to earn a living in many instances -- for a tipple of sherry, a small glass of beer, etc.  So bound to be suicides as result of loss of licence, loss of livlihood, inability to pay rent, support a family, etc.

Then the wholesale slaughter of Australian women.  And people will contest that description of what's going on by claiming we have one of the lowest domestic violence/murder rates, etc.  But from the standpoint of the public, it's one and more women a day being murdered and even when the killers are caught and sentenced, they can be  back out on the streets in well under ten years.  Compared with draconian cancellation of a driver's licence for one drop of alcohol, murderers are getting off very lightly

I rarely if ever drink and gave my car away close to ten years ago, so I don't have a vested interest.  Just think NSW govt. is being extremely heavy handed with its zero alcohol laws.  Oh, and am not a drug user either

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #3 - May 20th, 2019 at 12:16pm

What a great move!

I hope Victoria picks up those changes.  Cool

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #4 - May 20th, 2019 at 12:33pm

It's not bloody hard, if you don't want to lose your license don't drive when drinking.
Get a $100 breathalyser to keep in your car, get an Uber.

IBI

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - May 20th, 2019 at 12:43pm

Gordon wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 12:33pm:
It's not bloody hard, if you don't want to lose your license don't drive when drinking.

Yeah I have to agree.
Those who are not in control of themselves will be the ones that get done.
I have never been caught DUI. I'd also add that I personally believe I have never been DUI......on the public road.
I am aware you can still be charged on private property so I would be guilty of an offence there on more than one occasion, but definitely never on public roads.

At the moment I have a license,  if I drink I stand to lose it.........all in on blackCheesy
Show some control people.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - May 20th, 2019 at 12:44pm

Bit unrealistic

Lunch with a friend.  Small glass wine.  Drive back to work, well under the previous limit

bit of marijuana.  Drive to the shops a hour or two later, almost assuredly more alert and competent than overweight women on the school run, nattering on their phone, playing with their hair, too fat to turn properly to look in the back or even turn the wheel full lock.  Or Fred and Marge who go shopping once a week with Fred half blind and suffering intermittent blood flow to the brain

maybe Gladys is trying to reduce NSW population via nanny-state laws

and maybe she should get someone to dust for colombian marching powder at the top end of town

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - May 20th, 2019 at 12:46pm

PZ547 wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 12:44pm:

Bit unrealistic

Lunch with a friend.  Small glass wine.  Drive back to work, well under the previous limit

bit of marijuana.  Drive to the shops a hour or two later, almost assuredly more alert and competent than overweight women on the school run, nattering on their phone, playing with their hair, too fat to turn properly to look in the back or even turn the wheel full lock.  Or Fred and Marge who go shopping once a week with Fred half blind and suffering intermittent blood flow to the brain

and maybe she should get someone to dust for colombian marching powder at the top end of town

Id sack their arse instantly if they worked for me.
Show up fit for work or piss off. You not only endanger yourself but every one around you.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - May 20th, 2019 at 12:47pm

Captain Caveman wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 12:46pm:

Bit unrealistic

Id sack their arse instantly if they worked for me.
Show up fit for work or piss off. You not only endanger yourself but every one around you.

seriously?

women/girls working in childcare often share a bottle of wine at lunchtime or afternoon tea to celebrate a birthday or similar

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #9 - May 20th, 2019 at 12:51pm

Bit unrealistic

Let me tell you something, police LOVE catching people for drugged driving around my way.

I drive a soccer mum's car with a baby seat usually full of kids crap so they don't get the kit out for me at the RBT, but in the east subs, which probably has the highest cocaine usage in Australia, when they pull up a young cat in fancy car, they usually make them 'lick the stick'.

IBI

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - May 20th, 2019 at 12:55pm

Gordon wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 12:51pm:

Bit unrealistic

Let me tell you something, police LOVE catching people for drugged driving around my way.

I drive a soccer mum's car with a baby seat usually full of kids crap so they don't get the kit out for me at the RBT, but in the east subs, which probably has the highest cocaine usage in Australia, when they pull up a young cat in fancy car, they usually make them 'lick the stick'.

What exactly are you telling me?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #11 - May 20th, 2019 at 12:56pm

PZ547 wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 12:55pm:

Bit unrealistic

I was telling you this happens, regularly.

IBI

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - May 20th, 2019 at 12:59pm

Gordon wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 12:56pm:

Bit unrealistic

by top end of town, I mean the legal, medical, political, etc. communities -- in other words, many of those who undertake to impose laws on you and me

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #13 - May 20th, 2019 at 1:01pm

PZ547 wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 12:59pm:

Bit unrealistic

by top end of town, I mean the legal, medical, political, etc. communities -- in other words, many of those who undertake to impose laws on you and me

Mate, I see the RBT set up on New South Head Road about 2 days a week stopping Maseratis, Teslas etc etc.

IBI

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - May 20th, 2019 at 1:07pm

Gordon wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 1:01pm:
PZ547 wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 12:59pm:

Bit unrealistic

Mate, I see the RBT set up on New South Head Road about 2 days a week stopping Maseratis, Teslas etc etc.

So what

My comment was about rampant hypocricy and old Norm trying to get home after having a drink -- A drink -- with his mate Bluey who's dying of cancer

Norm and Bluey can't afford a taxi home. They can function well or even better after that drink.  They haven't had a ticket for 20 or more years.  They're entitled to that drink and it endangers no one as proven by the fact that yesterday, it would have been legal

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print