Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Internet=Politics (Read 211 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Internet=Politics
May 19th, 2019 at 7:23pm

It's becoming pretty apparent that the Politicians who are 'Internet' savvy and orientated are 'winning' over the Politicians and Parties that have relied on the TV/Newspaper 'Media' to get ahead.

Maybe soon, we'll have an Internet 'Targaryen' Blonde 'white' Aryan President soon? While the 'Media' Blue Brunette Spin Doctors and Grey Raven haired Car Salesmen fall by the wayside  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Internet=Politics
Reply #1 - May 19th, 2019 at 7:29pm

Re: How did the polls get it so wrong?
Reply #62 - Today at 7:28pm Quote Modify 
minarchist
wrote Today at 5:09am:

I vote for the Liberal Democrats whenever I get the chance, but like many I thought Labor were going to win. The simple reason is that polling for the last 2 - 3 years on a 2PP basis was almost always in favour of Labor, even by surveys that can be considered to be LNP - leaning.

So how did the polls get it so wrong? Does it have something to do with the scope of the people it surveys - is it too "city-centric" for lack of a better term? Bill Shorten was always runner up in the "Preferred PM" polls, even when Scott Morrison became leader. I'm assuming that this was probably one of the main reasons why the public favoured the LNP on Election Day.

Polls are mostly 'Media' based.
The 'Media' hasn't a clue about modern Politics anymore.
A Modern Politics that is moving ahead via the Internet scene now.   Wink

FD is on a winner!
   Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print