What happened? (Read 2916 times)
Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

What happened?
May 19th, 2019 at 10:25am

Morrison put back in in his own right.

Big swing against Labor in QLD.

I didn't vote for either of the 2 majors.

But what's it say about Australians?

Sick of all the climate change scaremongering and threats of increased taxation targeting their investments and assets?

the looney lefties are very quiet this morning but I bet they're seething  and brushing up their adjectival labels for the population who didn't go along with their ideal.

Seems to be an underlying message their for all the luvvies.

Billy boy has stood down ... so here's a chance that Albo can get in the drivers seat and bring Labor back to a more middle of the road party... even though he is from the left faction.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Re: What happened?
Reply #1 - May 19th, 2019 at 10:49am

The get up movement absolutely destroyed Tony Abbott.

Is this another tool of the oligarchy to get rid of politicians who by design, misadventure or stupidity don't follow their orders.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #2 - May 19th, 2019 at 10:54am

Ajax wrote on May 19th, 2019 at 10:49am:

Is this another tool of the oligarchy to get rid of politicians who by design, misadventure or stupidity don't follow their orders.

Probably the changing demographics of the electorate had a lot to do with it too.

Zali was a really good option for them. Will support Liberal on matters economic but more concern for the environment.

IBI

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #3 - May 19th, 2019 at 11:04am

Well - I'm either 'loonie leftie' or 'right wing extremist' depending on who's doing the looking here.... the truth of course is that I'm somewhere in the normal middle with a few fringe ideas and thoughts.

I've long said that Labor's addiction to all things feminist, and other special interest groups, and its false pursuit of 'inclusivity' for every group except primarily White Australian Males and some Females who are instead excluded, would mean Labor would never be able to form a decent and civilised government for the people overall, but only for its personal special interest groups.

As I've said many times - policies of 'inclusion' are automatically policies of exclusion of another group - and the 'group concept', the identity concept, of choosing those of certain specified and identified groups for preferred inclusion has always been false.  Again - I resigned from the CPS over exactly that issue, as a matter of principle, nearly 35 years ago..... and it is wonderful, though costly in terms of retirement dollars, to see my position vindicated by the general thrust of voting in MY country.

Whether they realise it or even understand the roots of it, the voting public has a deep feeling of unease about Labor and its entrenched policies of preference for certain loud groups.  They also have a deep unease about the LNP and the way they are disastering this nation with their preference for their chosen groups - but their fear over the uncertainties of the rabid Labor pursuit of some myth of 'equality' by numbers, is the base issue for Labor.

Time to get back to a genuine government approach for ALL, Bill and Co( Billco)...

In plain English, the ordinary folk are sick of hearing and seeing about women, women, women and all the bullshit, about gays, and trannies and whoevers and all that bullshit, and about all the poor struggling immigrants who seem to be doing so well and functioning so well in the parallel world of crime as well.  I left out the Indigenous.... for reasons of their entrenched intransigence about joining the rest of Australia...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - May 19th, 2019 at 11:06am

Gordon wrote on May 19th, 2019 at 10:54am:

Probably the changing demographics of the electorate had a lot to do with it too.

Zali was a really good option for them. Will support Liberal on matters economic but more concern for the environment.

what exactly did she promise to do for Climate Change gordy?.. I didnt see her say all that much..

whats her plans ?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - May 19th, 2019 at 11:16am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 19th, 2019 at 11:04am:
Well - I'm either 'loonie leftie' or 'right wing extremist' depending on who's doing the looking here.... the truth of course is that I'm somewhere in the normal middle with a few fringe ideas and thoughts.

I've long said that Labor's addiction to all things feminist, and other special interest groups, and its false pursuit of 'inclusivity' for every group but primarily White Australian Males and some Females, would mean Labor would never be able to form a decent and civilised government.

As I've said many times - policies of 'inclusion' are automatically policies of exclusion of another group - and the 'group concept' the identity concept, of choosing those for preferred inclusion has always been false.  Again - I resigned from the CPS over exactly that issue, as a matter of principle, nearly 35 years ago..... and it is wonderful, though costly in terms of retirement dollars, to see my position vindicated by the general thrust of voting in MY country.

Whether they realise it or even understand the roots of it, the voting public has a deep feeling of unease about Labor and its entrenched policies of preference for certain loud groups.  They also have a deep unease about the LNP and the way they are disastering this nation with their preference for certain groups - but their fear over the uncertainties of the rabid Labor pursuit of some myth of 'equality' by numbers, is the base issue for Labor.

In plain English, the ordinary folk are sick of hearing and seeing about women, women, women and all the bullshit, about gays, and trannies and whoevers and all that bullshit, and about all the poor struggling immigrants who seem to be doing so well and functioning so well in the parallel world of crime as well.  I left out the Indigenous.... for reasons of their entrenched intransigence about joining the rest of Australia...

you didnt watch INSIDERS this morning did you?...

tsk tsk...pilbersek was on....blaming everyone bar Labor for their loss.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes along with the other lefties of course... Palmer got a big swipe....its all his fault...she is very bitter   they never lose graciously do they    its all about passing the buck   shortarse was magnificent and would you believe he didnt have long enough to get his message over..... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes...

and the libs will need to improve out of sight   especially about women....so there  Tongue Tongue..

I agree with you on the women issue....gender should not enter politics anymore than religion should...

if they give pliber the leadership  just because shes female.......  she will be a sour bitter revengeful leader....her face was stricken this morning..I think she was angry with the voters to be honest....

to me it looked like the voters had turned on PALMER... and not taken his messages on board.....yet she claimed he did the damage to labor..

albo didnt waste any time did he..... Undecided Undecided Undecided

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #6 - May 19th, 2019 at 11:22am

cods wrote on May 19th, 2019 at 11:16am:

I've long said that Labor's addiction to all things feminist, and other special interest groups, and its false pursuit of 'inclusivity' for every group but primarily White Australian Males and some Females, would mean Labor would never be able to form a decent and civilised government.

As I've said many times - policies of 'inclusion' are automatically policies of exclusion of another group - and the 'group concept' the identity concept, of choosing those for preferred inclusion has always been false.  Again - I resigned from the CPS over exactly that issue, as a matter of principle, nearly 35 years ago..... and it is wonderful, though costly in terms of retirement dollars, to see my position vindicated by the general thrust of voting in MY country.

Whether they realise it or even understand the roots of it, the voting public has a deep feeling of unease about Labor and its entrenched policies of preference for certain loud groups.  They also have a deep unease about the LNP and the way they are disastering this nation with their preference for certain groups - but their fear over the uncertainties of the rabid Labor pursuit of some myth of 'equality' by numbers, is the base issue for Labor.

tsk tsk...pilbersek was on....blaming everyone bar Labor for their loss.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes along with the other lefties of course... Palmer got a big swipe....its all his fault...she is very bitter   they never lose graciously do they    its all about passing the buck   shortarse was magnificent and would you believe he didnt have long enough to get his message over..... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes...

and the libs will need to improve out of sight   especially about women....so there  Tongue Tongue..

I agree with you on the women issue....gender should not enter politics anymore than religion should...

if they give pliber the leadership  just because shes female.......  she will be a sour bitter revengeful leader....her face was stricken this morning..I think she was angry with the voters to be honest....

to me it looked like the voters had turned on PALMER... and not taken his messages on board.....yet she claimed he did the damage to labor..

I find her wishy washy and am not fussed on Albo as leader either (Dont mind him as a bloke however)

Will have to think long and hard as I am a Labor Party member and will get a vote on this.

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - May 19th, 2019 at 11:26am

cods wrote on May 19th, 2019 at 11:16am:

What do you mean about Albo not wasting anytime?

When Shorten announced he was standing down the leadership nominations were automatically called....

As I would expect he put his hand up....

He won the membership vote to be leader when the executive over rode that and put Shorten in.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #8 - May 19th, 2019 at 11:34am

They need someone new.

Albo, although more popular is still tainted by the Rudd / Gillard / Rudd fiasco.

So too, Tanya.

They have to find a new person, untainted, effective and popular.

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #9 - May 19th, 2019 at 11:40am

cods wrote on May 19th, 2019 at 11:06am:

what exactly did she promise to do for Climate Change gordy?.. I didnt see her say all that much..

whats her plans ?

Her plans?  Why - to hold the seat and get set up for life on the gravy train!  Astounding the thinking of you peasants....

And NO - I didn't watch Insiders this morning or any other morning..... nor did I follow every move of the election last night ... I might have to once again consider joining the Labor lot to be a guiding light for them, though...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #10 - May 19th, 2019 at 11:43am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 19th, 2019 at 11:40am:

whats her plans ?

Her plans?  Why - to hold the seat and get set up for life on the gravy train!  Astounding the thinking of you peasants....

touché

The environment is more than just manmade CO2,

What about cleaning the oceans of plastic dont hear the United Nations pushing that one.

What about deforestation again dont hear much from the UN on that one.

All i hear is we have to set up a trillions of dollars CO2 stock market scheme to pay for the free air we breathe and be saved.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #11 - May 19th, 2019 at 11:54am

Gnads wrote on May 19th, 2019 at 10:25am:
Morrison put back in in his own right.

Big swing against Labor in QLD.

I didn't vote for either of the 2 majors.

But what's it say about Australians?

It is astonishingly difficult to get elected to government by promising new taxes. That is what lost it for them.

The Coalition scraped in, in 1998 with the GST but actually lost the TPP vote.

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #12 - May 19th, 2019 at 11:58am

Zali Steggall = United Nations implant

She will try to get the government to send billions of Australian tax payer monies overseas to the UN and the stock market.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - May 19th, 2019 at 12:08pm

Smiley

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - May 19th, 2019 at 12:08pm

Ajax wrote on May 19th, 2019 at 11:43am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 19th, 2019 at 11:40am:

whats her plans ?

touché

The environment is more than just manmade CO2,

What about cleaning the oceans of plastic dont hear the United Nations pushing that one.

What about deforestation again dont hear much from the UN on that one.

All i hear is we have to set up a trillions of dollars CO2 stock market scheme to pay for the free air we breathe and be saved.

Smiley Smiley Smiley

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print