Send Topic Print
Hybrid cars (Read 4961 times)
DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Re: Hybrid cars
Reply #60 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 1:27pm

I'm pretty sure a prius doesn't have a tow rating but the Mitsubishi overlander does and there are lots of caravan stories with it on the net... Wink

I am me

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 1:43pm

The totally looney Greeny bloodclots Tweedledumb and Tweedledee are just so unbelievably ignorant as they continue their childish HATE SESSIONS against me.

But then what else can you expect from inadequate creatures that are just child's minds that never developed in Adult bodies - classic dumb Greenies  ?

These sad failures follow me around like lost puppies because they worship the ground I walk on.

And BH is getting quite kranky as the queue of traffic behind his struggling underpowered Prius with a flat battery extends to 20 kms as he tows a caravan uphill at 35km/h on a 100km/h freeway.  Will the cops book him ?

ADANI HAS BEEN APPROVED IN QLD!!!!!!  Hip Hip Hooray!!!!!      LUNATIC EXTREMIST GREEENIES committing suicide!!!!!!

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #62 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 1:48pm

And BH is getting quite kranky as the queue of traffic behind his struggling underpowered Prius with a flat battery extends to 20 kms as he tows a caravan uphill at 35km/h on a 100km/h freeway.  Will the cops book him ?

Why would I be towing a caravan with a Prius.

1. I don't own a caravan
2. Its the wrong car for the job
3. If god had meant us to use caravans, he would not have invented camping or motels.
4. When the bugger did towing come into it.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #63 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 1:50pm

Actually hybrids go well while the battery is OK but start to sputter when the battery is on its last legs.

Out on a long trip on the freeway is judgement day for a hybrid as after the battery goes flat all that is left is the little petrol engine which has then to lug the flat heavy battery as well as the passengers.

Rumor is that the Prius conks out like this on the highway.

Round town hybrids are good as there is lots of slowing and braking to recharge the battery.

With an all electric heap all that is left when the battery goes flat is a very expensive tow.

Heres juiliars first post, where is there a mention of a caravan?

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 3:24pm

BH is doing his best to wriggle out of his blunder.  Maybe he should pull off to the side and wait for the little Prius petrol motor to recharge the battery again.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 3:28pm

juliar wrote on Jun 13th, 2019 at 1:43pm:
The totally looney Greeny bloodclots Tweedledumb and Tweedledee are just so unbelievably ignorant as they continue their childish HATE SESSIONS against me.

But then what else can you expect from inadequate creatures that are just child's minds that never developed in Adult bodies - classic dumb Greenies  ?

These sad failures follow me around like lost puppies because they worship the ground I walk on.

ADANI HAS BEEN APPROVED IN QLD!!!!!!  Hip Hip Hooray!!!!!      LUNATIC EXTREMIST GREEENIES committing suicide!!!!!!

!  !  !

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #66 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 9:42am

juliar wrote on Jun 13th, 2019 at 3:24pm:
BH is doing his best to wriggle out of his blunder.  Maybe he should pull off to the side and wait for the little Prius petrol motor to recharge the battery again.

You're a f...u...cking idiot

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Jun 27th, 2019 at 8:51pm

BH certainly has a nice way with words.

I was merely moving from the armchair arm waving environment to a realism scenario out on the road and introduced a caravan to accentuate the pain felt by a Prius trying to go up an incline when it has a flat battery.

See then the little Prius petrol motor has to pull the weight of the car plus the weight of the passengers plus the weight of the heavy flat battery PLUS try to recharge the flat battery and so it slows dramatically. Oh and PLUS the weight of the caravan.

But BH has difficulty in negotiating through the transmutation of such a surrealistic transmogrification.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #68 - Jun 29th, 2019 at 6:24pm

Finally got my own car back today, it's nice and all but I miss the hybrid.

IBI

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Jun 30th, 2019 at 11:29pm

Is that the Mercedes twin turbo V12 ?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print