Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Send Topic Print
Children in the watchhouse (Read 5441 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Children in the watchhouse
Reply #15 - May 18th, 2019 at 12:12pm

PZ547 wrote on May 18th, 2019 at 9:48am:
cods wrote on May 18th, 2019 at 9:36am:
he is a teenager  who knows what hes been up too..

but its Qld   dont expect labor to do anything about it....

they just sit back and watch..... run the place down to gutter level then wait for the libs to come back and mend it all.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes   

what about giving these kids another road to follow.....

instead of chucking them in the tank where they can only learn worse habits..

What 'other road' ?

by age 14, he's been told what comprises honesty and what does not

he's not five

and doubt this is his first offence

If not pulled up hard in his tracks, his future looks doubtful.  It's easy to steal.  Easy to get things that other people either pay for or do without

he knew he was stealing

I see it every week -- private school kids stuffing their jackets with stolen goods, in gangs, knowing the fake security guards cannot touch them.  They walk straight through the check out behind their one mate who pays for a small packet of chewing gum

they go on to be thieving accountants, bank workers, political thieves, common and garden thieves, parcel thieves, mail thieves

it becomes an addiction

nay, a 'right'

and their idiotic parents slaving away to pay expensive private school fees when their kids are going nowhere and are thieving while the parents are driving their hire payment four wheels through traffic to the mortgaged to the hilt house/unit

and their kid is laughing in their stupid faces, stuffing itself with stolen calories prior to claiming it's not hungry when that nutritious fast food is put on the table before it

I'd prefer Sharia law to be implemented before I'll encourage the disintegration of society because we're all suddenly so liberal

Thou shalt not steal

knowing theft is wrong and knowing how to control our primate urges is what separates us from apes

he has chosen to steal   it is ONLY a bar of choc... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

this is where we are at.. "ITS ONLY"...

these teens  have usually been given so many chances   
and mums and dads turn the other cheek  saying only its a stage they will grow out of it..

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

instead they get worse...

when I said another road.... I mean other choices...

you seem to think his parents care where he ends up???>..I dont think they do

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - May 18th, 2019 at 12:14pm

mothra wrote on May 17th, 2019 at 11:03pm:

All he did was steal some chocolate bars and deodorant from the 7-Eleven and he was locked up like a hardened criminal.

“Of course it makes me angry. The government says they are coming in and supporting our children, that is bullshit.”

Im calling bullshyte. Guaranteed the kid is a serial criminal offender.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #17 - May 18th, 2019 at 12:21pm

rhino wrote on May 18th, 2019 at 12:14pm:

All he did was steal some chocolate bars and deodorant from the 7-Eleven and he was locked up like a hardened criminal.

“Of course it makes me angry. The government says they are coming in and supporting our children, that is bullshit.”

Double your bullshit back. Cops have prejudices, especially Queensland cops which are renowned for their own criminality.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - May 18th, 2019 at 12:41pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on May 18th, 2019 at 12:21pm:

Double your bullshit back. Cops have prejudices, especially Queensland cops which are renowned for their own criminality.

So when is enough....enough?
I bet this kid has been dealt with on more than  Roll Eyes a dozen occasions. I bet this kid has stolen from the shop on more than  Roll Eyes a dozen occasions.

Seems like now...enough is enough.

We don't have the full story here. We have propaganda raised by reporters to slander the actions of Qld police. How avout the police start releasing the history of offenders so we can see how many times this turd has been apprehended? Fkkkn great idea I recon. If the press run propaganda like this then the other side of the story needs to be told. Then you'll find the truth somewhere in the middle.

Now I'm the first to tell the cops to back off but if I keep repeating myself then I'd let my kid go for a stint...but I have control over my kids. I know what they're up to and I have them face their problems and bad decisions head on.

And yes. I'm happy to hold a half prejudice against the mother because I have experience with these types.
I bet she is a typical native and educates her kids with the fuct attitude that comes from the natives. Racist? No. Truth...HELL YEAH!

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #19 - May 18th, 2019 at 1:02pm

As far as I know, you need to have lost the value of $150 worth of goods before a store can seriously prosecute someone, irrespective of age. Back in 1997, a child walked into our store and grabbed a bottle of coke (worth $2.75 back then). I would say that the child probably was not even 10 years old, then. The boss, a real redneck for a businessman, made a point about his store (technically) being robbed. He wanted to have the police involved for a loss of $2.75.

You don't hold children 14 years of age over deodorant and chocolate bars. If anything, this 'robbery' could be classed in the same context as what has happened in my town. Hungry kids stealing food and spray cans to ward off hunger. Does not make it right what they do. But, depriving them of their liberty is not right, either.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - May 18th, 2019 at 1:06pm

He's safe.  In a padded isolation cell with full glass front.  He's neither over cold or over heated.  He's provided a large blanket.  There's a padded bench to sleep on, a toilet, sink and maybe a shower

His food is brought to him

no one is bashing or raping him. The lights are left on. He's in full view of observers.  No one can get to or harm him

not much different to being confined to his room, only in this case, he can't wheedle mum or dad to let him out

better than a life on the streets

and he's now assured of lots of attention and sympathy

not harsh enough

he should be in with Billy Sixty Fingers to listen to  how petty crime led to Billy spending most of his life behind bars

and Big Al chiming in from the background, telling little 14 years old he'd better not step in the exercise yard or else.  Now that might have scared little Light Fingers straight

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - May 18th, 2019 at 1:09pm

UnSubRocky wrote on May 18th, 2019 at 1:02pm:
As far as I know, you need to have lost the value of $150 worth of goods before a store can seriously prosecute someone, irrespective of age. Back in 1997, a child walked into our store and grabbed a bottle of coke (worth $2.75 back then). I would say that the child probably was not even 10 years old, then. The boss, a real redneck for a businessman, made a point about his store (technically) being robbed. He wanted to have the police involved for a loss of $2.75.

You don't hold children 14 years of age over deodorant and chocolate bars. If anything, this 'robbery' could be classed in the same context as what has happened in my town. Hungry kids stealing food and spray cans to ward off hunger. Does not make it right what they do. But, depriving them of their liberty is not right, either.

A couple of years ago a paddy waggon was parked outside an inner west supermarket

They went inside, grabbed an elderly man who was already standing obediently by the express counter

Two burly coppers led the poor old guy away in front of the crowd and bunged him in the paddy waggon

When I asked, was told the old guy had stolen a couple of small chocolate bars for his grandkids who'd be visiting the following day

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - May 18th, 2019 at 1:38pm

PZ547 wrote on May 18th, 2019 at 1:09pm:
When I asked, was told the old guy had stolen a couple of small chocolate bars for his grandkids who'd be visiting the following day

I call bullshit ... the cops don't usually tell strangers why they are arresting someone.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #23 - May 18th, 2019 at 1:39pm

Captain Caveman wrote on May 18th, 2019 at 12:41pm:

I bet this kid has been dealt with on more than  Roll Eyes a dozen occasions. I bet this kid has stolen from the shop on more than  Roll Eyes a dozen occasions.

We don't have the full story here. We have propaganda raised by reporters to slander the actions of Qld police. How avout the police start releasing the history of offenders so we can see how many times this turd has been apprehended? Fkkkn great idea I recon. If the press run propaganda like this then the other side of the story needs to be told. Then you'll find the truth somewhere in the middle.

Now I'm the first to tell the cops to back off but if I keep repeating myself then I'd let my kid go for a stint...but I have control over my kids. I know what they're up to and I have them face their problems and bad decisions head on.

And yes. I'm happy to hold a half prejudice against the mother because I have experience with these types.
I bet she is a typical native and educates her kids with the fuct attitude that comes from the natives. Racist? No. Truth...HELL YEAH!

Captain anus, you are professing, purporting, speculating based on your bigotism.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - May 18th, 2019 at 1:56pm

John Smith wrote on May 18th, 2019 at 9:17am:
jailing a 14 year old for three weeks, with little or no access to the outdoors for a chocolate bar and deodorant is ridiculous.  .
Correct. And thats why it didnt happen, there is far more to this story. I would suggest that this kid is a serial offender with other charges and has a highly dysfunctional family background, that is the basis for his detention. Its nonsense to suggest that police anywhere in Australia are detaining kids for weeks on end simply for stealing chocolate, they simply do not have the latitude to do so. They are holding him in order to find an alternative to his current domestic and no doubt abusive living arrangements.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - May 18th, 2019 at 2:01pm

rhino wrote on May 18th, 2019 at 1:56pm:
jailing a 14 year old for three weeks, with little or no access to the outdoors for a chocolate bar and deodorant is ridiculous.  .
Correct. And thats why it didnt happen, there is far more to this story. I would suggest that this kid is a serial offender with other charges and has a highly dysfunctional family background, that is the basis for his detention. Its nonsense to suggest that police anywhere in Australia are detaining kids for weeks on end simply for stealing chocolate, they simply do not have the latitude to do so.

I'd rather restrict my comment to the facts we do have, ie, that he was locked up for 3 weeks without access to the outdoors for stealing a chocolate bar .. everything else is pure speculation and anyone can make up anything.  Until someone puts up something more substantial, all I have is the story in the OP. Based on that, and that only, the police in question should be shot for treating a 14 year old like that.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - May 18th, 2019 at 2:10pm

John Smith wrote on May 18th, 2019 at 1:38pm:
PZ547 wrote on May 18th, 2019 at 1:09pm:

I call bullshit ... the cops don't usually tell strangers why they are arresting someone.

You've been in a vicious, bad mood for days (and for years)

and for some reason, your unfathomable angst has been directed at me many times too often

Bad mood and think you can dump it on anonymous others online.  You're a smacking zero, Smith.  Go deal with your own problems. They won't go away while you whine online

Now, as to the old guy.  Who ---WHO-- said the cops provided that information?

NO one said that

but as usual, and as is the way with low IQ maladjusteds, you put mouth into action while you dead brain is in idle

WHO would know why the cops were called?

Go on, work it out

and WHO would discuss it with others?

If you work out the first, you'll have a hope of working out the second question

Post your answers below

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - May 18th, 2019 at 2:10pm

John Smith wrote on May 18th, 2019 at 2:01pm:
Correct. And thats why it didnt happen, there is far more to this story. I would suggest that this kid is a serial offender with other charges and has a highly dysfunctional family background, that is the basis for his detention. Its nonsense to suggest that police anywhere in Australia are detaining kids for weeks on end simply for stealing chocolate, they simply do not have the latitude to do so.

I'd rather restrict my comment to the facts we do have, ie, that he was locked up for 3 weeks without access to the outdoors for stealing a chocolate bar .. everything else is pure speculation and anyone can make up anything.  Until someone puts up something more substantial, all I have is the story in the OP. Based on that, and that only, the police in question should be shot for treating a 14 year old like that.
Why on earth would you be so gullible as to believe an article which you admit only presents part of the facts? The far left loves useful fools like yourself.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - May 18th, 2019 at 2:12pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on May 18th, 2019 at 1:39pm:
Captain Caveman wrote on May 18th, 2019 at 12:41pm:

Captain anus, you are professing, purporting, speculating based on your bigotism.

And what are you doing LTYC?  Opposing for the sake of it?  Do you know for a fact that the supposition is incorrect?  If so, post response below

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - May 18th, 2019 at 2:18pm

rhino wrote on May 18th, 2019 at 2:10pm:
John Smith wrote on May 18th, 2019 at 2:01pm:

Why on earth would you be so gullible as to believe an article which you admit only presents part of the facts? The far left loves useful fools like yourself.

Who said anything about belief? I said I was restricting my comments to the facts currently available. Not that I beleived that information was everything. I don't doubt that there is more to the story, but neither you or I know what that is. I can't comment on what I don't know. Only on what information I have been given.

Like I said earlier, anyone can make up whatever scenarios they want to suit their own prejudices or agendas. That's a losers tactic .. make up poo and then comment on it so they they can convince themselves how much better they are. They're living in fantasy land. I'd rather not go down that road myself.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Send Topic Print