Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
US 2.27 million considered wealthy in the USA (Read 479 times)
Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
US 2.27 million considered wealthy in the USA
May 15th, 2019 at 10:22pm

That is A$ 3.24 million. It might even be more in Australia because costs in the USA are generally lower than in Australia. There is probably no good or service that is cheaper in Australia than in the USA.

OK Aussies, head down, arse up, and start beavering.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/heres-what-it-takes-to-be-counted-among-the-we...

Quote:
Here’s what it takes to be counted among the wealthy in America

Published: May 14, 2019 4:19 p.m. ET

iStockphoto
What IS "wealthy," anyway?
Author photo
By

SHAWN
LANGLOIS
SOCIAL-MEDIA EDITOR

Millionaire status ain’t what it used to be.

In fact, according to Charles Schwab’s 2019 Modern Wealth Survey, you’d need a lot more than a mere seven figures to be viewed as wealthy these days.

That’s right, the annual survey of 1,000 adults asked how much their net worth would have to be for them to earn such elite status, and they came up with $2.27 million, on average. Considering the median net worth of the average U.S. household is less than $100,000, that’s a pretty lofty number.

Here are median and average net worth figures by age across the country, per the Federal Reserve’s Survey of Consumer Finances:

Under 35: $11,100 ($76,200)
35-44: $59,800 ($288,700)
45-54: $124,200 ($727,500)
55-64: $187,300 ($1,167,400)
65-74: $224,100 ($1,066,000)
75+: $264,800 ($1,067,000)

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: US 2.27 million considered wealthy in the USA
Reply #1 - May 16th, 2019 at 6:14am

Paretto principle at work.

its pretty easy to achieve economic success and you do it by not giving a f***k about achieving economic success

you HAVE to do a job that gets you out of bed in the morning, enthusiastic and passionate.
fail to do that and you are screwed.
you wont find such a job on seek.
you have to construct that job, brick by brick.

once you do that everything falls into place.

you can now work endlessly and it doesnt feel like work.

this BS crap that the mainstream sell to the scrubs of "the golden years" will just be a joke to you.
the idea that you will be happy when you no longer have to work and you can sit on a beach will become the idea of the crazy people.

how long can you sit on a beach?
how much golf can you play?

and if you remain constantly engaged by your work, you dont feel the need to fill that void by "shopping".

i go to the mall (rarely) and i see all the beaten down chodes buying stuff (kaching, kaching) because it pumps their state for a few minutes (just like the takeway fat and sugar pumps their state).

go to the mall, buy 1 carrot (20 cents) , walk around looking at the failures ,much on your carrot, feel its fibre and vitamins nourishing you,  smile to yourself and then get back top your job you are passionate about and get back into immersion in that.

use the mob and the cultural hypnosis as the blowtorch to keep you on your path.

i actually dont see why anyone would ever quit their job.

i have friends in small business who did.
they just got to a point where they had "had it".

and once that laziness kicks is, its brutal,

the drugs, the alcohol, affairs...guys will burn their entire life that they have constructed just to justify the laziness.  its insane.

never fall off.
you will make so much that you wont even notice it because the cash isnt the pay off.
its the growth you get from being on the path. Wink

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #2 - May 16th, 2019 at 9:42am

If everyone followed Aquascoot's principle of not spending, the economy of the whole world would collapse and there would be no jobs.

One of the benefits of buying is that it makes people happy and validates their working lives by enabling them to reward themselves.

Aquascoot regards the accumulation of money as its own reward whereas money is the means for acquiring goods and services that will give the buyer happiness and comfort.

In the US a new buzz acronym FOMO has emerged to explain the rise of consumer debt, credit card debt, and personal debt. FOMO is fear of missing out the fear of not having the goods and services others around you are visibly enjoying.

Aquascoot may die a rich man, but his wealth will be enjoyed by others.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - May 16th, 2019 at 10:22am

Laugh till you cry wrote on May 16th, 2019 at 9:42am:
If everyone followed Aquascoot's principle of not spending, the economy of the whole world would collapse and there would be no jobs.

One of the benefits of buying is that it makes people happy and validates their working lives by enabling them to reward themselves.

Aquascoot regards the accumulation of money as its own reward whereas money is the means for acquiring goods and services that will give the buyer happiness and comfort.

In the US a new buzz acronym FOMO has emerged to explain the rise of consumer debt, credit card debt, and personal debt. FOMO is fear of missing out the fear of not having the goods and services others around you are visibly enjoying.

you contradict yourself.

aquascoot will die with lots of cash but i view the richness of my life in terms of the joy of the journey.
i couldnt give a toss about the cash anymore.
its meaningless to me.

thats a paradigm shift.

others will "enjoy it"

no they wont.
if they didnt earn , they wont enjoy it.

think bigger man

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Re: US$ 2.27 million considered wealthy in the USA
Reply #4 - May 16th, 2019 at 11:44am

aquascoot wrote on May 16th, 2019 at 10:22am:
Laugh till you cry wrote on May 16th, 2019 at 9:42am:

you contradict yourself.

aquascoot will die with lots of cash but i view the richness of my life in terms of the joy of the journey.
i couldnt give a toss about the cash anymore.
its meaningless to me.

thats a paradigm shift.

others will "enjoy it"

no they wont.
if they didnt earn , they wont enjoy it.

think bigger man

The fact that Aquascoot abhors spending money doesn't mean his heirs won't enjoy spending Aquascoot's cash after they inherit.

Aquascoot professes to earn cash just for the sake of earning it.

Get a life and stop worshipping Mammon.

« Last Edit: May 16th, 2019 at 11:53am by Laugh till you cry »  

IP Logged

scurt

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - May 16th, 2019 at 7:13pm

To be in the top 1% of the population that Bill Shorten hates so much, you only have to be earning just over $200k a year. That's pathetic.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print