Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 16
Send Topic Print
'rape torture and slaughter bits' in the Quran (Read 18394 times)
polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
'rape torture and slaughter bits' in the Quran
May 15th, 2019 at 3:05pm

A claim:

moses wrote on May 14th, 2019 at 3:28pm:
Without the rape torture and slaughter bits, the qur'an would have less to read than a 10 cent mickey mouse comic.

One thing that strikes anyone who actually bothers to read the Quran is how rarely violence (as in physically fighting people) is mentioned - in comparison to everything else in the Quran.

This is self evident without needing to know exactly how many.

Nonetheless, I did a quick google on the raw numbers, and the results are conclusive:

Total number of verses (ayah) in the Quran: 6236
Number of verses that mention fighting and war: 109 (according to Islamophobic site 'the religion of peace')

By my calculation thats about 1.7% of the Quran.

So it turns out there is quite a deal more than a 10c mickey mouse comic worth left in the Quran after the 'rape torture and slaughter bits' are taken out.  Smiley

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: 'rape torture and slaughter bits' in the Quran
Reply #1 - May 15th, 2019 at 7:01pm

Chapter 9 is 129 verses. It is pretty much entirely devoted to promotion and motivation for violence, warfare, pain etc though obviously not all of them directly mention war.

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1469837313

But anyway, congratulations on trying to disprove the mickey mouse comment. You are nearly there.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #2 - May 15th, 2019 at 7:13pm

If you did the same analysis on a book that was entirely about war, what percentage of the sentences do you think would mention war?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - May 15th, 2019 at 7:15pm

polite_gandalf wrote on May 15th, 2019 at 3:05pm:
A claim:

moses wrote on May 14th, 2019 at 3:28pm:
Without the rape torture and slaughter bits, the qur'an would have less to read than a 10 cent mickey mouse comic.

One thing that strikes anyone who actually bothers to read the Quran is how rarely violence (as in physically fighting people) is mentioned - in comparison to everything else in the Quran.

This is self evident without needing to know exactly how many.

Nonetheless, I did a quick google on the raw numbers, and the results are conclusive:

Total number of verses (ayah) in the Quran: 6236
Number of verses that mention fighting and war: 109 (according to Islamophobic site 'the religion of peace')

By my calculation thats about 1.7% of the Quran.

So it turns out there is quite a deal more than a 10c mickey mouse comic worth left in the Quran after the 'rape torture and slaughter bits' are taken out.  Smiley

Gissa quick Google on the verses about subjugation, oppression, the supremacy of Islam, the treatment of apostates, women, dhimmis, polytheists,  the demand that Islam not be criticised by the 'infidel', etc.

Islam is a entirely negative influence in Western societies, with no positive aspect whatsoever. Islam's aim from the start has been the eradication of polytheists (hindus and the like), atheists and the total subjugation of Christians and Jews everywhere.  That aim has never changed and without it there is no Islam, so it will never change.

Ever.  You can't contradict Alladin's last prophet, can you??

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #4 - May 15th, 2019 at 7:43pm

freediver wrote on May 15th, 2019 at 7:13pm:
If you did the same analysis on a book that was entirely about war, what percentage of the sentences do you think would mention war?

I would imagine it would talk quite a lot about war without necessarily using the word war.

Its a silly point you are making FD, if you are trying to insinuate that the only topic of the Quran is killing infidels, you are obviously way off. Take the 5 pillars for example - prayer, belief in oneness of God, alms giving, fasting and pilgrimage. These are central themes in the Quran, obviously. They also have nothing to do with killing infidels, by any stretch of the imagination. The 5 pillars in fact coalesce around the core theme of a personal, spiritual journey of enlightenment - a struggle to discard earthly material wants and desires. And this is emphasised again and again in the Quran, using metaphors and poetry that couldn't be more removed from such crass temporal trivialities as war, pillage and booty. Somehow I doubt your war book would be 98+% a spiritual guide to personal enlightenment, and if it was, I'd frankly feel ripped off that it was sold to me as a war book. Similarly, if you and moses actuallly read the whole Quran you will be in for a major let down if you expected a saucy book of rape torture and slaughter.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #5 - May 15th, 2019 at 8:54pm

My point was your 1.7% calculation is bogus. You might as well have divided the number of mentions by the total number of words.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #6 - May 15th, 2019 at 10:08pm

gandalf,

Do some moslems NOT believe,      that the Koran contains supremacist utterings [also praising Mohammed's murderous path], and urging all moslems to fight in the cause of Allah ?

Or do moslems just want non-moslems to believe,       that the Koran does NOT contain supremacist utterings [also praising Mohammed's murderous path], and urging all moslems to fight in the cause of Allah ?

What the Koran urges the believer to do, it is plainly stated, there, in the Koran   gandalf.

You and yours, playing your semantic denial games, with everyone on this forum, only opens people like yourself to earning the disrespect of those who come across your replies/posts.

ADDRESSED TO NON-MOSLEMS....
If you think that moslems are honest and peaceful people, and that ISLAM is a peaceful and tolerant religion,
checkout some of the articles/news reports listed on this page.    -------- >

THE RELIGION OF PEACE

http://thereligionofpeace.com/

PROPOSITION;
Every follower of ISLAM knows that ISLAM is a murderous, death cult.

The desire, of every follower of ISLAM is to get into Allah's Paradise [i like to call it Allah's bordello in the sky],      in order, to among other things, to drink wine freely, and to deflower new virgins every day for the rest of eternity.

But every moslem knows, that he'll never get into Allah's Paradise if he betrays the 'secret', and tells you [the naive infidel] the truth [of never-ending war and carnage, here on earth].

gandalf,

I've got some bad news for you.

Loving and hating for the sake of Allah, will get you, what it got Farhad Khalil Mohammad Jabar [Parramatta].

AL WALAA WAL BARAA

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #7 - May 15th, 2019 at 10:38pm

Yadda wrote on May 15th, 2019 at 10:08pm:

The desire, of every follower of ISLAM is to get into Allah's Paradise [i like to call it Allah's bordello in the sky],      in order, to among other things, to drink wine freely, and to deflower new virgins every day for the rest of eternity.

"Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise): they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain:...."
Koran 9.111

Two of my favourite Koran verses.....         Grin         Grin         Grin

"Satan makes them promises, and creates in them false desires; but satan's promises are nothing but deception.
They (his dupes) will have their dwelling in Hell, and from it they will find no way of escape."
Koran 4.120

"Then, on the Day of Judgment,.....Then would they offer submission (with the pretence), "We did no evil (knowingly)." (The angels will reply), "Nay, but verily [God] knoweth all that ye did;"
Koran 16.27

Wink

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #8 - May 16th, 2019 at 12:40am

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #9 - May 16th, 2019 at 7:24am

@ Reply #8,

Captain Nemo,

LETS all live in peace and harmony together.

Just like....

IMAGE....

'.....Just like in muslim countries.'

image source....
http://sheikyermami.com/

Captain Nemo,

Suggestion;
If you want to be more effective, you should respond to posts like my own, with humourous satire,
which plainly shows how everything i am saying about ISLAM, Allah, and Mohammed, is untrue.

And show, how what i am posting is a gross misrepresentation of what true ISLAM is.

QUESTION [to Captain Nemo];
Why don't people like yourself, respond to my posts, with posts just like i have described, above ?

WHAT ALLAH SAID.....

"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued. "
Koran 9.29

"Fighting [against disbelievers] is prescribed for you, and [if] ye dislike it.....Allah knoweth, and ye know not."
Koran 2.216

"O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty (unto Him)."
Koran 9.123

WHAT MOHAMMED SAID.....

THE HADITH....

"...the Prophet said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him."
- DEAD.
hadithsunnah/bukhari/ #004.052.260

MORE, OF WHAT MOHAMMED SAID.....

ISLAMIC LAW TEXT....

"Ibn 'Umar related that the Messenger of Allah, upon whom be peace, said, "I have been ordered to kill the people until they testify that there is no god except Allah, and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and they establish prayer and pay the zakah. If they do that, their blood and wealth are protected from me save by the rights of Islam. Their reckoning will be with Allah." (Related by al-Bukhari and Muslim.) "
fiqhussunnah/fus1_06

ISLAMIC LAW TEXT....

"Ibn 'Abbas reported that the Prophet said: "The bare essence of Islam and the basics of the religion are three [acts], upon which Islam has been established. Whoever leaves one of them becomes an unbeliever and his blood may legally be spilled. [The acts are:] Testifying that there is no God except Allah, the obligatory prayers, and the fast of Ramadan."...."
fiqhussunnah/#3.110

n.b.
"Whoever......becomes an unbeliever.....his blood may legally be spilled."

MAINSTREAM ISLAMIC DOCTRINE - WHICH IS TAUGHT IN ALL ISLAMIC SCHOOLS

Al Wala' Wal Bara'

Quote:

Al Wala' Wal Bara'

Al-wala' wa-l-bara' is an Arabic term in Islam, meaning "loyalty and disavowal".

It signifies loving and hating for the sake of Allah.

Al-wala' wa-l-bara' is referred to as holding fast to all that is pleasing to Allah, and withdrawing from and opposing all that is displeasing to Allah; namely the Kuffar who are to be hated, for the sake of Allah.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Wala'_Wal_Bara'

Quote:

‘Al Walaa wal Baraa’ is an 'essential doctrine' (usul ud-deen). ‘Essential’ means that all Muslims must believe and practice al Walaa wal Baraa as a condition of being admitted to paradise.

‘Al Walaa wal Baraa’ is a highly developed, well-supported and canonical part of Islam approved by the consensus of Islamic jurists.

'Al Walaa wal Baraa' is legally binding and obligatory upon all Muslims.

'Al Walaa wal Baraa' is precisely defined by Islamic jurists and is not a nebulous idea.

‘Al Walaa wal Baraa’ is an official Islamic doctrine and considered the second most important doctrine in Islam.

http://www.elsasblog.com/170219-al-walaa-wal-baraa-and-islamo-catatonia.html

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - May 17th, 2019 at 3:12pm

I think gandi is being very disingenuous with his saying that the many verses which lead up to a verse actually saying to kill someone etc. do not count.

Now gandi makes much of a single verse in the qur'an 2:256 which says there is no compulsion in religion.

O.K. gandi if it comes down to only the verses which actually use the words matter, do tell us: how many verses actually say there is no compulsion in religion?

Is there only one?

Does this mean that the concept of rape torture and mass slaughter plural verses which outnumber the singular verse of no compulsion in religion by a factor of over 100 to 1, are setting the agenda for the design of islam?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #11 - May 17th, 2019 at 4:41pm

I think Moses is being very disingenuous with his saying that the many verses which lead up to a verse actually saying to kill someone etc. do not count.

Now Moses refuses to acknowledge half of the Bible - the Old Testament.  It is included in every copy of the Bible.   Many Christians read it, often daily.  Yet, according to Moses, it forms no part at all of Christianity.  Really?

O.K. Moses if it comes down to only the verses which actually actually in the New Testament that matter, why is the Old Testament included in every copy of the Bible?  The Old Testament is used routinely by Terrorists and Oppressors, by Homophobes and Misogynists.  Yet, you keep claiming they are incorrect.   Despite what you claim, they consider themselves to be good god fearing, Christian folk.   

Does this mean that the concept of rape, torture and mass slaughter plural verses which outnumber the singular verse of no compulsion in religion by a factor of over 100 to 1, are setting the agenda for the design of Christianity?    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - May 17th, 2019 at 6:22pm

Islam is resolutely and uncompromisingly supremacists and jihadist for global domination of Islamic law, sharia. Nothing less.

It is relentlessly separatist, relentlessly asserting its special privileges, as seen in the Koran: Muslims special, unbelievers despicable. Muslims are perpetually pressing for special rules for themselves, exemptions, accommodations. Things they have NEVER ever done for other and never will. 
Never ever = Allah's final word. The never ever is absolutely correct about Islam. There is no room for Muslims to compromise. It's sharia now or sharia soon or shraia in a few years. But there is NO compromise about sharia across the world one way or another.

Perpetual jihad until the final Islamic solution - world domination. 

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #13 - May 17th, 2019 at 7:16pm

Brian Ross wrote on May 17th, 2019 at 4:41pm:

I think Moses is being very disingenuous with his saying that the many verses which lead up to a verse actually saying to kill someone etc. do not count.

Now Moses refuses to acknowledge half of the Bible - the Old Testament.  It is included in every copy of the Bible.   Many Christians read it, often daily.  Yet, according to Moses, it forms no part at all of Christianity.  Really?

O.K. Moses if it comes down to only the verses which actually actually in the New Testament that matter, why is the Old Testament included in every copy of the Bible?  The Old Testament is used routinely by Terrorists and Oppressors, by Homophobes and Misogynists.  Yet, you keep claiming they are incorrect.   Despite what you claim, they consider themselves to be good god fearing, Christian folk.   

Does this mean that the concept of rape, torture and mass slaughter plural verses which outnumber the singular verse of no compulsion in religion by a factor of over 100 to 1, are setting the agenda for the design of Christianity?    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

"The Old Testament is used routinely by Terrorists and Oppressors, by Homophobes and Misogynists.  Yet, you keep claiming they are incorrect."

You are a deceitful person, misrepresenting what and who, those Old Testament laws affected.

Brian Ross,

You make the God of the Old Testament sound like a murderous ogre.

Who encouraged his people to kill anyone who was not an ancient Hebrew.

The Old Testament does NOT order God's people to kill other people, because they were not Jews [or Hebrews, or Christians].

Nor does the Old Testament order God's people to fight other people because they were not Jews [or Hebrews, or Christians].

[Unlike ISLAM.]

The Old Testament commanded God's people to keep to the covenant that they had freely entered into, with their God.

And, there were punishments, for those who broke their covenant, with their God.

That, isn't terrible, nor was it unjust.

"And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do."

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #14 - May 17th, 2019 at 7:18pm

The Old Testament commanded God's people to keep to the covenant that they had freely entered into, with their God.

And, there were punishments, for those who broke their covenant, with their God.

That, isn't terrible, nor was it unjust.

"And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do."

Yadda said....
Quote:

The Old Testament commanded God's people to kill any Hebrew who had intentionally broken their holy covenant with their God.

Too bad!

The Hebrews were commanded to kill any Hebrew person, who tried to corrupt the Hebrew nation.

Deuteronomy 13:6
If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;
7  Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;
8  Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:
But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

Leviticus 18:24
Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you:
25  And the land is defiled: therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land itself vomiteth out her inhabitants.
26  Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations; neither any of your own nation, nor any stranger that sojourneth among you:
27  (For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled;)
28  That the land spue not you out also, when ye defile it, as it spued out the nations that were before you.
29  For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people.
30  Therefore shall ye keep mine ordinance, that ye commit not any one of these abominable customs, which were committed before you, and that ye defile not yourselves therein: I am the LORD your God.

Why so ?

Why must the Hebrews keep God's ordinances and laws ?

Because the Hebrews had freely, willingly, and without coercion, entered into an agreement [a holy covenant] with their God to live by/according to his laws.

Exodus 19:5
Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
6  And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.
7  And Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before their faces all these words which the LORD commanded him.
And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD.

The ancient Hebrews were A COVENANT PEOPLE.

They had entered into a solemn covenant with their God.

[n.b.
There was nothing to stop any Hebrew from leaving his people, if he/she did not want to live according to the covenant that his people had entered into, with God.
Any Hebrew could leave his people, and go and live 'in the world', among the Gentiles.
Thereby, becoming a Gentile!
But if the Hebrew person remained living among God's people, and blatantly and intentionally, broke the covenant with God [that he was constrained by], that Hebrew person understood, that he was risking LAWFUL execution, according to the terms of the covenant, with God.]

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 16
Send Topic Print