Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Dirty Power
Reply #45 - May 11th, 2019 at 7:29pm

Frank wrote on May 11th, 2019 at 6:32pm:
Aussie wrote on May 11th, 2019 at 5:20pm:
lee wrote on May 11th, 2019 at 5:17pm:
it is from Green piss so it must be true. Wink

Too many facts presented for it not to be true.  If it is not, then let those like Turnbull and Abbott etc deny what is presented which is quite damning.  Did you watch it, Lee?

It is agit-prop. Listen to the breathless delivery. look at the imagery.  It's pure propaganda.

It is just a reporting of verifiable facts regarding the utter corruption of the LNP.

There is absolutely nothing in it to dispute.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - May 11th, 2019 at 7:30pm

Aussie wrote on May 11th, 2019 at 7:20pm:
John Smith wrote on May 11th, 2019 at 7:15pm:
Aussie wrote on May 11th, 2019 at 7:08pm:
No...and that's why insurance companies exist.

and that is also why Sydney is still there. Wink

No, it is there because that nuclear power plant has not nuked the joint.

it's only about 60 years old .... it has another 24 000 yrs before it can be deemed safe.

What do you think any potential enemy will target if they decide to bomb us at any time over the next 24 000 years?
« Last Edit: May 11th, 2019 at 7:45pm by John Smith »  

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - May 11th, 2019 at 7:41pm

mothra wrote on May 11th, 2019 at 5:06pm:
15 minutes of essential viewing.

No real surprises in the interconnections with politics/politicians both LNP and Labor and people from the coal/resource councils swapping jobs to and from & vice versa.

Nor with the players involved - Rhinehart, Adani, Forest, Rio, Mitsubishi & British Mitsui Alliance, Glencore, Peabody etc. and the Chinese Govt.

And also playing in this field is the fat slug Clive Palmer, his mine project next door to Adani is a bigger project than Adani.

It was the same findings in the RC into the banking industry re: the failure of the regulator the ASIC to monitor or follow up on concerns about shonky practise and employees swapping from ASIC to major banks and back again.

The donations to the previously unheard of Great Barrier Reef Foundation with its dodgy executive has and continues to cause derision on the LNP.

What I don't like about this investigative report is that it's done by Green Peace.... they play the lobby and deception game as well.

I completely agree we don't need anymore coal mines opening in Australia(though there is the jobs issue) as we already have 55 plus coal mines already operating.

But I honestly believe that we still need and should still use coal fired power stations.

Everyone is on and on about the improvements in technology for all renewables...... do you not think that technological innovation has not been made in coal fired power station arena?

The Japanese are building new HELE stations in lieu of nuclear.

The coal option should be cheap for us..... after all electricity supply really is an essential service.

And in retrospect we wouldn't enjoy the lifestyle we do today without fossil fuel.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - May 11th, 2019 at 7:47pm

John Smith wrote on May 11th, 2019 at 7:05pm:
Gnads wrote on May 11th, 2019 at 6:55pm:
John Smith wrote on May 11th, 2019 at 6:28pm:
Gordon wrote on May 11th, 2019 at 6:26pm:
John Smith wrote on May 11th, 2019 at 6:22pm:
we don't need nukes.

Yes we do.

no we don't. We have more than enough suitable locations for pumped hydro for when we need a boost, the rest of the time renewable will be more than able to cope.

Yes renewables will be able to cope when all heavy industry is gone and all that's left is cottage industry..... and when they move half the populations out of our capital cities.

Pumped hydro will be as dear as poison.

why will pumped hydro be dear? You use solar to pump the water up into the storage dams during the day, and at night when solar panels aren't charging, you release the water to create electricity . It's a loop that once operational should be relatively cheap to operate.

Do you know how large the electric motors that run the pumps will be? Solar and batteries won't do the job. It's off peak coal power that will be required to pump up. The hydro will only be a supplement to peak demands.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - May 11th, 2019 at 7:49pm

Aussie wrote on May 11th, 2019 at 7:06pm:
John Smith wrote on May 11th, 2019 at 7:03pm:
Gordon wrote on May 11th, 2019 at 6:30pm:
John Smith wrote on May 11th, 2019 at 6:28pm:
Gordon wrote on May 11th, 2019 at 6:26pm:
John Smith wrote on May 11th, 2019 at 6:22pm:
we don't need nukes.

Yes we do.

no we don't. We have more than enough suitable locations for pumped hydro for when we need a boost, the rest of the time renewable will be more than able to cope.

Nuke stations are like insurance and can pump out power no matter what is going on.

Why are you so afraid of them?

And what insurance do we take against cities becoming a nuclear wasteland? The nuclear option is a lazy cop out. We don't need it. 

Has Sydney disappeared?

Sydney is not nuclear powered Roll Eyes

It has a small reactor at Lucas Heights  for nuclear and medical research purposes.(edit)
« Last Edit: May 11th, 2019 at 7:55pm by Gnads »  

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #50 - May 11th, 2019 at 7:51pm

So...has it nuked Sydney?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #51 - May 11th, 2019 at 7:52pm

The
HARKONNENS (USA)
are mining ARRAKIS here for its precious 'Spice' of Life.
The
GREEN HOUSE ATRIEDES
are gathering their FREMEN forces of DUNE from the deepest south as the ride the Aboriginal Rainbow Serpent 'Spice Worms'.
The C.H.O.A.M international conglomerates and the
Royal Emperor (Britain
) are also siding with the
HARKONNENS.

So, I'm more than happy to work for
House Atreides
- but I need to see more from them, if I am to be convinced to support them in any way.

MUAD'DIB

Cheesy

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - May 11th, 2019 at 7:52pm

Gnads wrote on May 11th, 2019 at 7:47pm:
Do you know how large the electric motors that run the pumps will be? Solar and batteries won't do the job. It's off peak coal power that will be required to pump up. The hydro will only be a supplement to peak demands.

not my area of expertise I'm afraid. I'm sure with developments in technology and improved batteries, we will get to where it is possible sooner rather than later. It's not like anyone is suggesting we shut down all coal generators immediately

It wasn't that long ago they were claiming electric cars can't tow. That's changing already and electric cars are still at the infancy stage. Wink

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - May 11th, 2019 at 7:59pm

John Smith wrote on May 11th, 2019 at 7:52pm:
Gnads wrote on May 11th, 2019 at 7:47pm:

not my area of expertise I'm afraid. I'm sure with developments in technology and improved batteries, we will get to where it is possible sooner rather than later. It's not like anyone is suggesting we shut down all coal generators immediately

It wasn't that long ago they were claiming electric cars can't tow. That's changing already and electric cars are still at the infancy stage. Wink

How far can they tow? Round the block?

We haven't even really started the electric car push yet.....

The base Hyundai that is due to launch here is a small vehicle and starts at $60,000.

They couldn't tow shyte and that goes for Teslas and whatever else is available now.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #54 - May 11th, 2019 at 10:23pm

I'm planning a large-ish solar array on the new house, plus a wind generator...... and eventually batteries.  As the prices continue to rise, a tipping over point will be reached at which I'll cut off the connection, stop paying them the access fee to give them freebies, and go stand alone in the middle of a large town.

Simple enough - the lot the ex is signed up with will transfer - they pay a princely 7c a Kw to you and charge 27, while stinging you $300 a quarter to be hooked up.  I'll probably be giving them $180 free power a month and pay them for the privilege and getting about $55 back .... doesn't sound like good business to me.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - May 12th, 2019 at 9:36am

Gnads wrote on May 11th, 2019 at 7:59pm:
How far can they tow? Round the block?

there you go, around the block already .... like i said, electric cars are still at the infancy stage. Another decade and they'll be towing all over the country.

By the way, I'm not so sure about that around the block comment ... tesla and Daimler have already developed electric semi's that can tow cargo of up to 26 000kg. As that develops and is refined further it will transfer to cars.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print