Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Overweight is the new norm for Australians (Read 1975 times)
UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Re: Overweight is the new norm for Australians
Reply #30 - May 14th, 2019 at 3:49am

Laugh till you cry wrote on May 13th, 2019 at 9:04am:
UnSubRocky wrote on May 13th, 2019 at 3:48am:
My 189cm tall daughter is about 63kg. Compared to my 177cm tall and 110kg frame. My daughter likes to fat-shame me about my weight. But she is very much an active person who could play tennis for 3 hours straight and still be up to go nightclubbing that evening.

I was on my way to just accepting that I am fat. But, as a result of finding out new cures, I am on my way back to getting into shape.

Your daughter is underweight.

In her condition, 3 hours of tennis would be unlikely and possibly dangerous.

https://www.healthline.com/health/underweight-health-risks#seek-help

Quote:
... There’s a lot of focus in the medical world on the health effects of being overweight, but what about the effects of being underweight? There are certain health risks associated with being underweight or having poor nutrition.

These risks include:

malnutrition, vitamin deficiencies, or anemia
osteoporosis from too little vitamin D and calcium
decreased immune function
increased risk for complications from surgery
fertility issues caused by irregular menstrual cycles
growth and development issues, especially in children and teenagers ...

I would have said that my daughter is underweight, too. But she is only in her early 20s and is still to bear the motherhood role or the adult weight gain of the mid-twenties, yet. I don't know how much she weighs now. I would assume 70kg would be her weight. But, she does like to make a fact about how she is 12cm taller than I. What I do know is that her boyfriend likes having a tall girlfriend with long legs, skinny waist, and a pretty face. I just hope he has more respect for her than just a status symbol.

Her health is fine. She can run about on a tennis court for 3 sets. I doubt that she has been on the court for 3 hours, come to think of it. But, I reckon she could probably run a marathon in 3 hours.
« Last Edit: May 14th, 2019 at 1:27pm by UnSubRocky »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print