Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
An Honest Government Ad (Read 4424 times)
mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

An Honest Government Ad
May 7th, 2019 at 11:38am

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: An Honest Government Ad
Reply #1 - May 7th, 2019 at 12:00pm

Left out the war on Baby Boomers that is part of this ad itself...... short-sighted and narrow minded in that regard... generally I like these ads, on the mark etc - but they missed there.

It's not Baby Boomers buying  their fifth investment property - it's business parasites.  Most Baby Boomers in retirement have the pension and little more.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

The Reboot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

None of your damn business
Reply #2 - May 7th, 2019 at 12:05pm

Grin Grin

Sad, but true.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - May 7th, 2019 at 1:44pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 12:00pm:
Left out the war on Baby Boomers that is part of this ad itself...... short-sighted and narrow minded in that regard... generally I like these ads, on the mark etc - but they missed there.

It's not Baby Boomers buying  their fifth investment property - it's business parasites.  Most Baby Boomers in retirement have the pension and little more.

Correct .... and even with my super I'll en up on the pension after I take out the currrent debt I still hold

because my children (young people) didn't do without anything ....

I too usually like these ads ... but blaming Boomers is bs.

Mothra also likes the comment that the indigenous youth suicide is blamed on inter-generational colonisation.

Never mind that youth suicide is rife across the whole national youth demographic.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - May 7th, 2019 at 2:02pm

Gnads wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 1:44pm:

Correct .... and even with my super I'll en up on the pension after I take out the currrent debt I still hold

Mothra also likes the comment that the indigenous youth suicide is blamed on inter-generational colonisation.

Never mind that youth suicide is rife across the whole national youth demographic.

Pretty much the same here - my children, my Indigenes, my Muslims and so forth never went without anything - yet I'm to blame for everything they can't create for themselves, as some form of vicious right wing extremist because I dare to breathe the same air....

My kids I have no worries about - one is a tradie with heaps and the other is a movie maker up your way or so... cousins of the Nolans in Hollywood so they'll be fine...

I'd be happy to retire at Pension level alone without a mortgage, required to keep the disabled ex comfortable etc.

Mortgage relief for the retiree on little, anyone?  Just a pack of old bludgers holding out their hand... though I challenge all those critics to do 10% of what I have in this life...

I'd happily accept carer PENSION on top... might pay its way then....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - May 7th, 2019 at 2:10pm

Mortgage relief should be paid to everyone under a certain income.

Just extend the rent relief system to cover mortgage payments also. Simple.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - May 7th, 2019 at 3:00pm

The Reboot wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 12:05pm:
Grin Grin

Sad, but true.

i agree its true but its not sad.

its inspirational!!!

throughout all of history humans have relied on "evolutionary pressure ' to bring out the best in themselves.

and that pressure is whats missing from modern society.

people can now, for the first time in recorded history, survive and reproduce without offering any value to their society.

clearly this is a catastrophe for human kind.

but governments have now been able to provide this "pressure" so that sitting on your ass and pleasuring yourself will no longer be a viable option.

things just got too easy.

even a chode in the 70's could achieve the house with a picket fence and 2 kids and leisure time.

but, thanks to our governments , those days are over.

you are going to have to hustle and get down, elbows deep in the mud and grind it out to even get that.

and a lot of the snowflakes wont do it.

increasingly, there will be the scrubs who identify with mothras story of 'self pity" and those people are screwed.

you could afford the luxury of self pity in the 70's and 80's and still do ok.

no longer,

self pity and feeling you are a victim are no longer luxuries you can afford.

just suppress those emotions the moment they arise and hustle and grind it out and you just might make it.
you still may not, but thats the best hope you have

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - May 7th, 2019 at 3:07pm

that is a fact   we have shocking stats....and I am sorry! when especially govt depts single out Aboriginals  as if they are alone...

why cant we all be treated as AUSTRALIANS>. why aboriginals and the rest of us?...

it needs to stop somewhere....and it should be at the top.

I also notice we are separated when it comes to the no smoking ads put out..WHY?

dont we all die at the same rate from the same disease...???....

for crying outloud I think we do enough for this generation.....they make choices like we did.. and we did it without any help what so ever and whats more we never EXPECTED any help..

now all they have to do is CRY I cant AFFORD...

well bloody try going without like we had too. Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #8 - May 7th, 2019 at 3:18pm

They didn't even mention British aboriginals.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #9 - May 7th, 2019 at 5:16pm

My super will run out when I turn 78 if I keep up my current spending.

And I don't give a shite

I'll live comfortably spending as I will, from 62 through to 78 and not have a care in the world.

At 78 I will go over to the aged pension and suck the grubberment dry.

Screw am, I'm entitled, I worked, paid taxes and saved.

If things get tight, I'll simply take more out and get the grubberment pension earlier.

I own everything I have, including my home.
Have two new cars and don't owe a cent to anyone

I'll be happy to take the millennials taxes to live on, rejoicing in the knowledge that they won't ever, ever, ever get a pension, and I will.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - May 7th, 2019 at 7:15pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 3:18pm:
They didn't even mention British aboriginals.

Nor did you ......

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - May 7th, 2019 at 7:17pm

cods wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 3:07pm:

that is a fact   we have shocking stats....and I am sorry! when especially govt depts single out Aboriginals  as if they are alone...

why cant we all be treated as AUSTRALIANS>. why aboriginals and the rest of us?...

it needs to stop somewhere....and it should be at the top.

I also notice we are separated when it comes to the no smoking ads put out..WHY?

dont we all die at the same rate from the same disease...???....

for crying outloud I think we do enough for this generation.....they make choices like we did.. and we did it without any help what so ever and whats more we never EXPECTED any help..

now all they have to do is CRY I cant AFFORD...

well bloody try going without like we had too. Angry Angry Angry

Politics of division, cods - not sure if the unthinking is on the politics or the division... I seriously doubt government lackeys even know the difference...

No wonder Muslims, Aboriginals and women think they can demand and get their own set of laws etc.... government plays right into that kind of division and exclusion ....

― John Adams

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - May 7th, 2019 at 7:19pm

Grin Grin

good add. They nailed it although there was a lot they missed.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #13 - May 8th, 2019 at 4:32pm

They are a couple good lookin' gals.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - May 8th, 2019 at 4:56pm

UnSubRocky wrote on May 8th, 2019 at 4:32pm:
They are a couple good lookin' gals.

All good apart from the gratuitous slag at 'baby boomers' - from the same demographic that criticises baby boomers for being bludgers on pensions.... clearly this age group know not their true enemy... and live in Imaginationland where any enemy of your enemy is your friend, even if your enemy is your friend.... and your friend your enemy....

DUH...

That's why it's called Imagationland, Don-kay - because it's built of imagination!

Are we there yet.. are we there yet?

― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print