Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
An Honest Government Ad (Read 4427 times)
mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: An Honest Government Ad
Reply #45 - May 10th, 2019 at 1:38pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 10th, 2019 at 1:38pm:
mothra wrote on May 10th, 2019 at 1:37pm:
Nope, you're butthurt because your demographic was unfavourably represented.

Unbelievable coming form you, but there it is.

What's more, you do it all the time

Not at all - I simply pointed out the reality of unequal treatment.

Bahahahaha!

The irony!

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #46 - May 10th, 2019 at 1:41pm

mothra wrote on May 10th, 2019 at 1:38pm:

Bahahahaha!

The irony!

When and where have I ever treated a niqqer, chink, slope, dago, eyetie, wop, spick, musso or other outlander unequally?

How are those demographics treated unequally?  Speak up - stop and take five deep breaths, get hold of your mounting aggression, and  please explain?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - May 10th, 2019 at 1:44pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 10th, 2019 at 1:41pm:

Bahahahaha!

The irony!

When and where have I ever treated a niqqer, chink, slope, dago, eyetie, wop, spick, musso or other outlander unequally?

How are those demographics treated unequally?  Speak up - stop and take five deep breaths, get hold of your mounting aggression, and  please explain?

You're beyond ridiculous.

How were you treated unequally by a gag that baby boomers are buying up all the real estate?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #48 - May 10th, 2019 at 9:00pm

Gnads wrote on May 10th, 2019 at 9:14am:
UnSubRocky wrote on May 9th, 2019 at 6:29pm:
Gnads wrote on May 9th, 2019 at 2:18pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on May 9th, 2019 at 12:30pm:
50,000 Australians put their arses on the line in Vietnam. Over 500 died. Many injured. Where were you?

And I have had enough confrontational experience to qualify as having done my part for my country.

Bullshyte. Ungrateful GenXer .... always someone else to blame.  Roll Eyes

Baby Boomers: Good wages, plenty of jobs, cheap housing, safe societies. It is only migrants from non-white countries and aborigines of this Baby Boomer generation that had it more difficult than their contemporaries.

And I was not blaming other people.

You certainly were blaming other people ... a generation of people.

As for your below statement I'd say you actually wouldn't have a clue ... in fact it's bs.

Quote:
It is only migrants from non-white countries and aborigines of this Baby Boomer generation that had it more difficult than their contemporaries.

I was going to let this pass with a "I am not blaming the previous generation for anything. I was just saying that they had it easier than my generation". Then I was going to sum up with the fact that my parents were the generation before mine, obviously. So, I hold no hatred for them and their contemporaries of the 1960s and 1970s.

But, I was wondering why you think it is "bs" that the non-whites and aborigines of the Baby Boomer generation did not have it as easy as their white contemporaries?

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - May 10th, 2019 at 9:35pm

UnSubRocky wrote on May 8th, 2019 at 9:53pm:
I happen to be Gen-X, and I happen to agree that Baby Boomers have had it easy. Only the generation before the Boomers had it as tough as my group.
try raising a family with 17 percent interest rates and 12 percent unemployment. Then get back to us.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - May 10th, 2019 at 9:38pm

50,000 Australians put their arses on the line in Vietnam. Over 500 died. Many injured. Where were you?

And I have had enough confrontational experience to qualify as having done my part for my country.
What "confrontational experience" are you referring to?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #51 - May 10th, 2019 at 10:00pm

Australia has become so expensive that people can't afford children anymore.
Instead - couples just raise little white fluffy dogs and pet vehicles.

The Governments (both) love that women are out working and not staying home raising children - its good for 'their' Economic pockets.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #52 - May 11th, 2019 at 2:52pm

rhino wrote on May 10th, 2019 at 9:35pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on May 8th, 2019 at 9:53pm:
I happen to be Gen-X, and I happen to agree that Baby Boomers have had it easy. Only the generation before the Boomers had it as tough as my group.
try raising a family with 17 percent interest rates and 12 percent unemployment. Then get back to us.

It took Mum and Dad 15 years to pay off a $20,000 loan for the home they live. Three children. Low living expenses. Yeah, I know what it was like. But, heaven help them if they were to pay off a $150,000 loan for a home these days, even with low interest rates. Kids or no kids.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #53 - May 11th, 2019 at 3:04pm

rhino wrote on May 10th, 2019 at 9:38pm:

Mainly drug dealer related. Knife to the throat. Getting shot at. Even getting shot. Police assuming that I am a potential serial killer during the time that Leonard Fraser was on the prowl. Treated with contempt by former high school teachers over relationship issues I had with them prior to graduation. Needing to fend for myself when they decide that the rumours about me need action to remedy the situation.

The things I have done for the country include routing the drug dealers in some areas. This lead to a downturn in crime for a while. But now other drug dealers have moved in to take their place. I have helped catch criminals who were hero-homicidalists, but unknown to the public until I figured them out. I have helped with psychological techniques to identify behaviours that have clued investigators into dealing with crimes that have stumped them. I saved the life of a soldier, back in the late 1990s, when schitt hit the fan around town. I prevented a few rapes of teenagers with diversionary tactics against the potential likely rapists. And I have been acknowledged by authorities that I have potentially saved the community $140 million dollars since 1995, in halting unnecessary expenditure with various ideas that have been implemented.

That is "confrontational experience" in both good and bad examples.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - May 11th, 2019 at 9:23pm

mothra wrote on May 10th, 2019 at 1:29pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 10th, 2019 at 1:28pm:
mothra wrote on May 10th, 2019 at 11:35am:
[

What?! Not "all" of the generation?

are you trying to tell us you resent your demographic being represented by negative stereotypes?

So it's not the principle you object to, just who it gets to be applied to. Namely you and anyone like you ... and not Muslims, Aboriginal people, brown-skinned people, LGBTQ people, women, or any representative of any particular country, while we're at it.

Grap agrees. That makes two of you. Anyone else? Gordy? Setanta?

So.... errrrh... which PART of that generation would you like to blame?  Grin  Grin  Grin

Which of the "not all Muslims" do you have a problem with?

But i see my point sailed completely over your head.

Naff off

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - May 11th, 2019 at 9:27pm

What's you're excuse for your whining demographic?

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - May 11th, 2019 at 9:29pm

mothra wrote on May 10th, 2019 at 1:44pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 10th, 2019 at 1:41pm:

Bahahahaha!

The irony!

You're beyond ridiculous.

How were you treated unequally by a gag that baby boomers are buying up all the real estate?

It wasn't just a gag about buying up real estate.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - May 11th, 2019 at 9:43pm

UnSubRocky wrote on May 10th, 2019 at 9:00pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on May 9th, 2019 at 6:29pm:
Gnads wrote on May 9th, 2019 at 2:18pm:

Bullshyte. Ungrateful GenXer .... always someone else to blame.  Roll Eyes

Baby Boomers: Good wages, plenty of jobs, cheap housing, safe societies. It is only migrants from non-white countries and aborigines of this Baby Boomer generation that had it more difficult than their contemporaries.

And I was not blaming other people.

As for your below statement I'd say you actually wouldn't have a clue ... in fact it's bs.

Quote:
It is only migrants from non-white countries and aborigines of this Baby Boomer generation that had it more difficult than their contemporaries.

I was going to let this pass with a "I am not blaming the previous generation for anything. I was just saying that they had it easier than my generation". Then I was going to sum up with the fact that my parents were the generation before mine, obviously. So, I hold no hatred for them and their contemporaries of the 1960s and 1970s.

But, I was wondering why you think it is "bs" that the non-whites and aborigines of the Baby Boomer generation did not have it as easy as their white contemporaries?

Every generation before had it harder than the next.

Why is that different for non whites and aboriginals?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - May 11th, 2019 at 9:46pm

Jasin wrote on May 10th, 2019 at 10:00pm:
Australia has become so expensive that people can't afford children anymore.
Instead - couples just raise little white fluffy dogs and pet vehicles.

The Governments (both) love that women are out working and not staying home raising children - its good for 'their' Economic pockets.

Certain people are making a fortune having and looking after children....other peoples children as well.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - May 11th, 2019 at 9:50pm

UnSubRocky wrote on May 11th, 2019 at 3:04pm:
rhino wrote on May 10th, 2019 at 9:38pm:

Mainly drug dealer related. Knife to the throat. Getting shot at. Even getting shot. Police assuming that I am a potential serial killer during the time that Leonard Fraser was on the prowl. Treated with contempt by former high school teachers over relationship issues I had with them prior to graduation. Needing to fend for myself when they decide that the rumours about me need action to remedy the situation.

The things I have done for the country include routing the drug dealers in some areas. This lead to a downturn in crime for a while. But now other drug dealers have moved in to take their place. I have helped catch criminals who were hero-homicidalists, but unknown to the public until I figured them out. I have helped with psychological techniques to identify behaviours that have clued investigators into dealing with crimes that have stumped them. I saved the life of a soldier, back in the late 1990s, when schitt hit the fan around town. I prevented a few rapes of teenagers with diversionary tactics against the potential likely rapists. And I have been acknowledged by authorities that I have potentially saved the community $140 million dollars since 1995, in halting unnecessary expenditure with various ideas that have been implemented.

That is "confrontational experience" in both good and bad examples.

And you're unemployed?

You don't get picked up by helicopter in the middle of the night do you?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print