Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
An Honest Government Ad (Read 4423 times)
UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Re: An Honest Government Ad
Reply #15 - May 8th, 2019 at 9:53pm

I happen to be Gen-X, and I happen to agree that Baby Boomers have had it easy. Only the generation before the Boomers had it as tough as my group.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #16 - May 9th, 2019 at 12:15am

UnSubRocky wrote on May 8th, 2019 at 9:53pm:
I happen to be Gen-X, and I happen to agree that Baby Boomers have had it easy. Only the generation before the Boomers had it as tough as my group.

Did-ums..... no need to apologise....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #17 - May 9th, 2019 at 12:23am

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #18 - May 9th, 2019 at 2:29am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 9th, 2019 at 12:15am:

Did-ums..... no need to apologise....

Why would I expect you?

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #19 - May 9th, 2019 at 4:24am

Jasin wrote on May 9th, 2019 at 12:23am:

No it won't be hard, it will be soft-on material,  Grin

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #20 - May 9th, 2019 at 4:29am

Only the men who had their guts blown out? Diddums. Cry me a river you insignificant disrespectful asshole.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #21 - May 9th, 2019 at 12:30pm

50,000 Australians put their arses on the line in Vietnam. Over 500 died. Many injured. Where were you?

And I have had enough confrontational experience to qualify as having done my part for my country.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - May 9th, 2019 at 2:15pm

You're deluded.  Roll Eyes

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - May 9th, 2019 at 2:18pm

UnSubRocky wrote on May 9th, 2019 at 12:30pm:
50,000 Australians put their arses on the line in Vietnam. Over 500 died. Many injured. Where were you?

And I have had enough confrontational experience to qualify as having done my part for my country.

Bullshyte. Ungrateful GenXer .... always someone else to blame.  Roll Eyes

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - May 9th, 2019 at 2:46pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 8th, 2019 at 4:56pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on May 8th, 2019 at 4:32pm:
They are a couple good lookin' gals.

All good apart from the gratuitous slag at 'baby boomers' - from the same demographic that criticises baby boomers for being bludgers on pensions.... clearly this age group know not their true enemy... and live in Imaginationland where any enemy of your enemy is your friend, even if your enemy is your friend.... and your friend your enemy....

DUH...

That's why it's called Imagationland, Don-kay - because it's built of imagination!

Are we there yet.. are we there yet?

Bee in your bonnet?

So hypersensitive to any jokes made that represent any demographic you are in, however harmless ,.. so defensive of your right to make jokes about every other demographic. the more derogatory, the better.

And you can't even see it, can you.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Rose Grower

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - May 9th, 2019 at 3:44pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 12:00pm:
Left out the war on Baby Boomers that is part of this ad itself...... short-sighted and narrow minded in that regard... generally I like these ads, on the mark etc - but they missed there.

It's not Baby Boomers buying  their fifth investment property - it's business parasites.  Most Baby Boomers in retirement have the pension and little more.

However, IF they own their own home and if they are on the Age Pension they get rebates on Rates, Electricity, Registration, cheap medications, Bulk Billing and a bunch of other stuff. They do not need to starve.  Wink

On the other hand, IF they didn't go without when younger to buy a house and rented, they have nothing and the Age Pension will definitely NOT cover a decent living.

The moral of the story is:

Get a job
Save your money for a deposit on a house and go without all the "frills" and holidays to Bali
Buy what you can afford (i.e. a 1 bedroom apartment ... up grade later)
Pay off the Mortgage over 25 years
Keep working until retirement
Live Happily Ever After with the love of your life who you met when 20.  Grin

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #26 - May 9th, 2019 at 3:46pm

Rose Grower wrote on May 9th, 2019 at 3:44pm:
Left out the war on Baby Boomers that is part of this ad itself...... short-sighted and narrow minded in that regard... generally I like these ads, on the mark etc - but they missed there.

It's not Baby Boomers buying  their fifth investment property - it's business parasites.  Most Baby Boomers in retirement have the pension and little more.

However, IF they own their own home and if they are on the Age Pension they get rebates on Rates, Electricity, Registration, cheap medications, Bulk Billing and a bunch of other stuff. They do not need to starve.  Wink

On the other hand, IF they didn't go without when younger to buy a house and rented, they have nothing and the Age Pension will definitely NOT cover a decent living.

Get a job
Save your money for a deposit on a house and go without all the "frills" and holidays to Bali

Here she is right on cue given the time of day and what she posts elsewhere.  Yet another Neferti sock.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #27 - May 9th, 2019 at 3:53pm

Rose Grower wrote on May 9th, 2019 at 3:44pm:

Get a job

Mmmm was that directed at me?

Wink

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Rose Grower

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - May 9th, 2019 at 4:07pm

Aussie wrote on May 9th, 2019 at 3:46pm:
Here she is right on cue given the time of day and what she posts elsewhere.  Yet another Neferti sock.

Are you stalking me? That's a criminal offence, isn't it? I shall have to alert the Forum Owner about this.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #29 - May 9th, 2019 at 4:09pm

Rose Grower wrote on May 9th, 2019 at 4:07pm:
Aussie wrote on May 9th, 2019 at 3:46pm:

Are you stalking me? That's a criminal offence, isn't it? I shall have to alert the Forum Owner about this.

It certainly sounded like harassment to me !

Wink

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print