Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
The right to vote (Read 6753 times)
Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The right to vote
May 6th, 2019 at 6:42pm

Is voting a human right when a gun is held to your head?

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The right to vote
Reply #1 - May 6th, 2019 at 6:44pm

Bias_2012 wrote on May 6th, 2019 at 6:42pm:

get over it ... a $20 fine is not a gun........... and you only have to turn up ... no one forces you to vote if you don't want to.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - May 6th, 2019 at 7:29pm

John Smith wrote on May 6th, 2019 at 6:44pm:
Bias_2012 wrote on May 6th, 2019 at 6:42pm:

get over it ... a $20 fine is not a gun........... and you only have to turn up ... no one forces you to vote if you don't want to.

The usual clichés, nothing to do with human rights

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - May 6th, 2019 at 8:27pm

Homeless people don't have to vote because they don't have an address, the local footpath is not an address according to the AEC

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #4 - May 6th, 2019 at 10:45pm

If you don't vote - you are fined.
If you don't pay your fines - you go to Gaol.

Liberals/Nationals/Democrats

Labor/Unions/Greens

...then the ever increasing amount of Independents emerging

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #5 - May 6th, 2019 at 11:21pm

I doubt even half of the people would turn up
if they didn't have to vote.

Latest news - 26% of voters will not vote for the 2 main parties.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #6 - May 6th, 2019 at 11:53pm

Vote for Lamb Chops.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - May 7th, 2019 at 2:25am

Bobby. wrote on May 6th, 2019 at 11:21pm:

Interesting - When the decision was made to change to compulsory voting in 1924, it was right about time that post war trauma syndrome had peaked for the populace as a whole, the after effects of losing loved ones by the thousands, 60,000 men lost, fathers, sons, boyfriends

Lib Lab politicians wouldn't have given a crap how families would have been traumatized, they just kicked them in the guts again by threatening them with punishment if they didn't go to a polling booth

Who would have wanted to vote for the bastards?

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - May 8th, 2019 at 1:27am

According to the United Nation, there is no "Right to vote", they only say we have a "Right to Democracy"

Democracy doesn't necessarily have to have voting, it can have just surveys and consensus, with a public service to carry out the results

That would be better than stupid party politics

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #9 - May 8th, 2019 at 7:30pm

Bias_2012 wrote on May 8th, 2019 at 1:27am:
According to the United Nation, there is no "Right to vote", they only say we have a "Right to Democracy"

Democracy doesn't necessarily have to have voting, it can have just surveys and consensus, with a public service to carry out the results

That would be better than stupid party politics

The People of Australia would never get that.
That would mean disempowering the Government of taking control of what 'it' wants and can do.
It would force the Government to serve the 'will of the People' directly (if possible).
It would mean that the Australian People would have 'control' of the outcome to any Political Agenda presented.

...it would mean that the Australian People would have to 'vote' upon every issue, nearly every day.
It could only work if the 'result' was taken as legit, even if only 20% of the Nation voted on that Day and 80% didn't.
Even though it is a minority, it is the only Political expression to come out of the Australian Population and thus the non-voting population would have to 'respect' that decision from a minority within.
In other words - you gotta be in it, to win it.
And if one 'Agenda' involved the Industry or Job that you were working in, with the outcome of your Vote that day made the difference between your Industry benefiting and another didn't.

You know what that would mean!  Huh
It would mean that the Australian People would represent the truest form of what Republicanism has always dreamed of perfecting throughout history and by current Nations.

Democracy (Demon-Cracy) works for an Individual.
Republic (Regarding the Public) works for a People.

POWER TO THE COMMON PEOPLE OF THE COMMON WEALTH.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #10 - May 8th, 2019 at 7:41pm

...but do you think the current Parties of ALP/LNP would allow Australian People to 'take control' (From the British & USA influence) and lead Australia's Political 'future'?
No of course not!
They have Police and Soldiers to ENFORCE their stay of Empowerment. Afterall - that's who 'pays' them.

Imagine if no Nation was interested in threatening Australia either by Crime or Invasion? Our Isolation lending aid to this. We would only need 'VOLUTEER' Police and Soldiers - where the more busier 'domestically' RESCUE SERVICES, etc, are PAID instead.

You see, the British (Police) brought their Criminals with them - its the only thing that keeps them employed here.
Most British here, are more like BackPackers - than Kings or Queens, these days. Most work as 'Support Workers' for Australians... wealthy Australians.
Britain has become the 'Butler' of Australia these days.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #11 - May 8th, 2019 at 10:42pm

Bias_2012 wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 2:25am:
Bobby. wrote on May 6th, 2019 at 11:21pm:

Interesting - When the decision was made to change to compulsory voting in 1924, it was right about time that post war trauma syndrome had peaked for the populace as a whole, the after effects of losing loved ones by the thousands, 60,000 men lost, fathers, sons, boyfriends

Lib Lab politicians wouldn't have given a crap how families would have been traumatized, they just kicked them in the guts again by threatening them with punishment if they didn't go to a polling booth

Who would have wanted to vote for the bastards?

It was just as funny that the reason the conservatives introduced it was because they believed that more wealthy people - their voter base were too lazy to vote if they didn't have to.

They believed that it didn't matter as they could buy the policy they wanted from either party.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #12 - May 8th, 2019 at 10:46pm

Everyone voting is one of the reasons that we have about the best system there is.

Who would want to follow England where a vote was won with under 50% of the vote or the US where a recent election was won by 5 votes to 3 in the high court - the actual votes were never counted.

If anything these clowns should be looking at us for guidance.

I would say look at the inherent problems with a system that could elect Trump but unfortunately we elected Abbott. On the positive side at least we didn't elect SloMo to be PM.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #13 - May 8th, 2019 at 11:52pm

The Governor-General serves the UK here.
The Prime Minister serves the USA here.

and you are telling us that we have a superior system, as it currently is, here?  Huh

It's just a 'Sock' Political system here. Nothing more.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - May 9th, 2019 at 12:01am

Dnarever wrote on May 8th, 2019 at 10:46pm:
Everyone voting is one of the reasons that we have about the best system there is.

Everyone voting means the major parties reap $40 million combined, of taxpayers money. How can they not end up as government and opposition with that type of gift to spend on the campaign trail? What chance does another party have?

The taxpayer is taking over from foreign donators, the major parties can afford to ban foreign donations now, because they're getting millions from the taxpayers instead

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print