Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Australia doomed by addiction to immigration (Read 3372 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Australia doomed by addiction to immigration
Reply #30 - May 7th, 2019 at 12:25pm

Camel Riders?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - May 7th, 2019 at 12:57pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 11:21am:
Gnads wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 9:42am:
Mattyfisk wrote on May 6th, 2019 at 11:46am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 6th, 2019 at 12:02am:
True - told you you were right on the mark twice a day... such an 'economy' is artificial because the skills pool will run dry and be diluted long before it remains stable .... we have no need for unskilled labour at this time....

Indeed, but given Australia's immigration program - unlike the US - is skills-based, your point is irrelevant.

Since when have refugees from the ME & nth Africa been a "skills" based exercise?

That's laughable when they are deporting skilled residents who not only got their qualifications here they've also had children here.

If Australia is deporting skilled residents Gnads is in no danger.

You're as humorous as a terrorist attack. Roll Eyes

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - May 7th, 2019 at 12:58pm

Mattyfisk wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 10:24am:
True - told you you were right on the mark twice a day... such an 'economy' is artificial because the skills pool will run dry and be diluted long before it remains stable .... we have no need for unskilled labour at this time....

Indeed, but given Australia's immigration program - unlike the US - is skills-based, your point is irrelevant.

Since when have refugees from the ME & nth Africa been a "skills" based exercise?

That's laughable when they are deporting skilled residents who not only got their qualifications here they've also had children here.

Refugees are not part of the skilled migration intake, Gonads.

You really should read the posts before commenting, dear.

Why? ... I read what you wrote further back ... doesn't mean I have to take that as gospel dearie.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - May 7th, 2019 at 1:04pm

mothra wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 11:33am:
Mattyfisk wrote on May 6th, 2019 at 4:00pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on May 6th, 2019 at 3:14pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on May 6th, 2019 at 1:40pm:
The big unaccounted intake comes from students.

I always thought that.

I did a diploma in IT in the early 2000s. All my classes were dominated by Indians (plus a few Bangladeshis, Pakistanis and Sri Lankans). I got to know a lot of them really well. I can't think of a single one of them who didn't end up getting PR in Australia.

Sure, but not long after that, IT was taken off the list.

What do you mean by this?

I ask because someone i care very much about is about to undertake a IT course under a student VISA with the hope of staying here.

The crazy thing in his case is that he has to quit full time employment (3yrs duration) to undertake the course at massively inflated prices. He's been living here for about 5 years.

Here 5 years on a student visa & then decides to do IT with the intention of staying here?

Him and a lot more, it would seem that the only reason they come on student visas is to get into the country, then work.

Study is an excuse but it's to actually migrate.

If the arse is out of IT what have they been studying for 5 years that is of no value requiring a new course?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - May 7th, 2019 at 1:06pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 12:05pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 11:55am:
Laugh till you cry wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 11:26am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 12:04am:
Laugh till you cry wrote on May 6th, 2019 at 4:06pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on May 6th, 2019 at 4:09pm:
There are certain skills we need - particularly in rural areas.

Australian sheep-shaggers are unmatched.

Kiwis beat them hands down....

Are ewe done? How's the wether down there?

Ay-Rabs are good with goats.... we need more goat handlers...

Are you worked to the bone? Are you advocating adding goat husbandry to the immigration skills list?

It would be if they were doing animal science dopey.

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #35 - May 7th, 2019 at 1:09pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on May 5th, 2019 at 12:08pm:
All sides of Australian politics are hooked on immigration because it bloats the GDP and hides falling income and rising costs.

All Australians are paying a tax for excessive immigration by downward pressure on wages, rising accommodation costs, congested roads and schools, overloaded hospitals, and rising costs of services.

Australia is the only developed country that accepts such high levels of immigration.

The largest number of Australian citizens who were not born in Australia come from England.
Nothing unusual considering that Australia is still a British colony (at least British protectorate).
So what's the problem then?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_to_Australia

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - May 7th, 2019 at 1:13pm

Gnads wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 1:04pm:

I always thought that.

I did a diploma in IT in the early 2000s. All my classes were dominated by Indians (plus a few Bangladeshis, Pakistanis and Sri Lankans). I got to know a lot of them really well. I can't think of a single one of them who didn't end up getting PR in Australia.

I ask because someone i care very much about is about to undertake a IT course under a student VISA with the hope of staying here.

The crazy thing in his case is that he has to quit full time employment (3yrs duration) to undertake the course at massively inflated prices. He's been living here for about 5 years.

Here 5 years on a student visa & then decides to do IT with the intention of staying here?

Him and a lot more, it would seem that the only reason they come on student visas is to get into the country, then work.

If the arse is out of IT what have they been studying for 5 years that is of no value requiring a new course?

I didn't say he's been on a student VISA.

He's been on a spouse VISA. He's now in a new relationship.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - May 7th, 2019 at 1:29pm

capitosinora wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 1:09pm:
All sides of Australian politics are hooked on immigration because it bloats the GDP and hides falling income and rising costs.

All Australians are paying a tax for excessive immigration by downward pressure on wages, rising accommodation costs, congested roads and schools, overloaded hospitals, and rising costs of services.

Australia is the only developed country that accepts such high levels of immigration.

The largest number of Australian citizens who were not born in Australia come from England.
Nothing unusual considering that Australia is still a British colony (at least British protectorate).

The Poms coming to Australia are leaving because the UK is turning into a shytehole.

And we won't be far behind.

Then again there's heaps of areas in the US that are dangerous shyteholes .... so you're not immune either.

Oh & btw your original migrant base isn't much different to Australias .... just a bit older.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - May 7th, 2019 at 1:34pm

mothra wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 1:13pm:
Gnads wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 1:04pm:

I always thought that.

I didn't say he's been on a student VISA.

He's been on a spouse VISA. He's now in a new relationship.

I'd say he should then be .....

You're not the new relationship?   Huh Grin

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - May 7th, 2019 at 1:36pm

Gnads wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 12:58pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 10:24am:

Refugees are not part of the skilled migration intake, Gonads.

You really should read the posts before commenting, dear.

Why? ... I read what you wrote further back ... doesn't mean I have to take that as gospel dearie.

Of course it's gospel. I'm not making it up, dear.

Immigrants are immigrants. Refugees are refugees. We take refugees in as our responsibility to the UNHCR treaty.

In the old days, there was no such distinction. The boats just came. Today, it's tightened up. We only take about 12,000 refugees a year - bugger all, considering the birth rate alone's about 300,000 a year.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #40 - May 7th, 2019 at 1:44pm

Gnads wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 1:29pm:
capitosinora wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 1:09pm:

The Poms coming to Australia are leaving because the UK is turning into a shytehole.

And we won't be far behind.

Then again there's heaps of areas in the US that are dangerous shyteholes .... so you're not immune either.

Oh & btw your original migrant base isn't much different to Australias .... just a bit older.

Could I encourage Gnads to return to his ancestral homeland?

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - May 7th, 2019 at 1:49pm

Bit hard for me as I'm of Irish, English, Scots & Franco- Prussian descent.

And you?

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #42 - May 7th, 2019 at 3:27pm

Gnads wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 1:49pm:

And you?

Your technicolor dream-coat is a clever disguise for a closet pom.

You have the same lineage as Grappler claims, which makes you a genetically displaced person.
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2019 at 3:50pm by Laugh till you cry »  

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - May 7th, 2019 at 4:29pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 3:27pm:
Gnads wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 1:49pm:

And you?

Your technicolor dream-coat is a clever disguise for a closet pom.

Tanned, not tinted.

IP Logged

Zaddo

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - May 16th, 2019 at 11:56am

I get so frustrated about this topic.  Politicians only care about the next election.  They focus on short term goals. 

How can endless population growth be sustainable?

Australian economics should be focused more on the quality of life for current Australian Citizens and less on constant GDP growth.

Money is not the only factor that affects quality of life!!!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print