Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Study finds homosexuals, more likely to suicide (Read 3909 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: Study finds homosexuals, more likely to suicide
Reply #30 - May 6th, 2019 at 2:43pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on May 6th, 2019 at 12:54pm:
Yadda wrote on May 6th, 2019 at 12:35pm:

Here is one          to get you on your way.....

https://www.healthline.com/health/depression/gay

So Yadda why do you think they are more likely to be depressed?

Well quite obviously bojack,        ....homosexuals would be feeling depressed, because people were persecuting them, for being different.

It is just like myself bojack.

As a bible reading whacko, on a public forum, quoting scripture.....

I am, so, so depressed.

That, is because i'm different, and because every 2nd poster who reply's to one of my posts here, castigates me, and persecutes me!

And it has just gotta STOP !!!

Seriously, i'm thinking about seeking treatment.       Tongue

[for all you, who are a little concerned about me....Yadda, is probably, the gayest person, on this forum.     Smiley    ]

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #31 - May 6th, 2019 at 2:44pm

[for all you, who are a little concerned about me....Yadda, is probably, the gayest person, on this forum.     Smiley    ]

Umm ok

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - May 6th, 2019 at 4:15pm

Kiwi Dave wrote on May 5th, 2019 at 6:43pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 5th, 2019 at 6:40pm:
Kiwi Dave wrote on May 5th, 2019 at 5:43pm:
Of course gay people are more prone to suicide, as are Aboriginal people.

This thread is testamount to the fact they are persecuted. Persecution that leads to suicide.

Good God.. HOW are they persecuted?  Are gays, Aboriginals excluded from education, free assembly, freedom of speech, entering the professions, buying a home, the right to vote, the right to travel freely, the right to freedom of association, are they treated under different laws, are they imprisoned simply for being what they are, are they denied medical assistance, legal assistance, opportunity to enter the public service etc, are they restricted in promotion or access to goods and services?

Perhaps you could tell us how they are 'persecuted'... before you go any further....

Just read this thread mate. They’re not persecuted by the government. They’re persecuted by you.

He doesn't get it. Grap reserves the right to be as offensive as possible because he doesn't really mean any harm by it.  He thinks it's his right. Freedom of speech, innit.

He refuses to accept that such words are hurtful because they too often precede acts of discrimination and violence.

Don't even mention that they are hurtful to the people they are directed at. He can't relate to them, so he simply doesn't care. It's them being hypersensitive.

Don't call someone a racist, bigot, sexist, homophobe or Islamophobe though. That's very offensive.

And don't bother trying to point it out to him. He'll say your vilifying hm and stifling free speech.

I quite agree with you though. Acceptance of the other in this society is too often a bridge to far for many people ... and this can be so harmful to those of the 'other' that they perform all sorts of acts of sef harm. The absolute most heartbreaking of those being suicide.

You've drawn a very straight line, Dave. The research overwhelming supports you. As do any rational person's observations.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - May 6th, 2019 at 4:18pm

mothra wrote on May 6th, 2019 at 4:15pm:
Kiwi Dave wrote on May 5th, 2019 at 6:43pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 5th, 2019 at 6:40pm:
Kiwi Dave wrote on May 5th, 2019 at 5:43pm:
Of course gay people are more prone to suicide, as are Aboriginal people.

This thread is testamount to the fact they are persecuted. Persecution that leads to suicide.

Good God.. HOW are they persecuted?  Are gays, Aboriginals excluded from education, free assembly, freedom of speech, entering the professions, buying a home, the right to vote, the right to travel freely, the right to freedom of association, are they treated under different laws, are they imprisoned simply for being what they are, are they denied medical assistance, legal assistance, opportunity to enter the public service etc, are they restricted in promotion or access to goods and services?

Perhaps you could tell us how they are 'persecuted'... before you go any further....

Just read this thread mate. They’re not persecuted by the government. They’re persecuted by you.

He doesn't get it. Grap reserves the right to be as offensive as possible because he doesn't really mean any harm by it.  He thinks it's his right. Freedom of speech, innit.

He refuses to accept that such words are hurtful because they too often precede acts of discrimination and violence.

Don't even mention that they are hurtful to the people they are directed at. He can't relate to them, so he simply doesn't care. It's them being hypersensitive.

Don't call someone a racist, bigot, sexist, homophobe or Islamophobe though. That's very offensive.

And don't bother trying to point it out to him. He'll say your vilifying hm and stifling free speech.

I quite agree with you though. Acceptance of the other in this society is too often a bridge to far for many people ... and this can be so harmful to those of the 'other' that they perform all sorts of acts of sef harm. The absolute most heartbreaking of those being suicide.

You've drawn a very straight line, Dave. The research overwhelming supports you. As do any rational person's observations.

Do you have a problem with calling people bogans or rednecks?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - May 6th, 2019 at 4:20pm

Mr Hammer wrote on May 6th, 2019 at 4:18pm:

Grin Grin Grin
so funny that you think it's even a comparison Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - May 6th, 2019 at 4:23pm

John Smith wrote on May 6th, 2019 at 4:20pm:

Grin Grin Grin

Isn't it? And he's been pulling it out for years. He really thinks he's on to something.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - May 6th, 2019 at 4:27pm

John Smith wrote on May 6th, 2019 at 4:20pm:

Grin Grin Grin

Redneck is  racist . It only applies to white people Black people don't get a red sunburnt neck, do they? White people can be discriminated against too you know. You lefties seem to think that discrimination only applies  to minorities and non whites???? Bogan is a term for poor white people. Same with houso. SBS doesn't mind using that term. They take the piss out of them on that crappy show. You lefties love your targeted bigotry.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - May 6th, 2019 at 4:30pm

Mr Hammer wrote on May 6th, 2019 at 4:27pm:
Redneck is  racist . It only applies to white people Black people don't get a red sunburnt neck, do they?

Hammer, not all white people get called rednecks simply because they are white.

They get called it because they behave in a certain way.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - May 6th, 2019 at 4:34pm

Redneck is  racist . It only applies to white people Black people don't get a red sunburnt neck, do they?

rubbish. Although that may be where the term originated, it is almost never never used today to designate sunburn. It's about how someone dresses and acts. Nothing to do with being white. I know a few Maori rednecks and boguns living up in Logan ... are they secretly white to? Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - May 6th, 2019 at 4:37pm

White people can be discriminated against too you know

no one ever said they can't be. However discrimination against whites isn't much of a problem in this country, now is it. I've been around for 50 yrs and i can't recall ever being discriminated against because I am white. I recall many occasion when idiots try to discriminate because of my Italian background, but never white.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - May 6th, 2019 at 4:38pm

John Smith wrote on May 6th, 2019 at 4:34pm:

rubbish. Although that may be where the term originated, it is almost never never used today to designate sunburn. It's about how someone dresses and acts. Nothing to do with being white. I know a few Maori rednecks and boguns living up in Logan ... are they secretly white to? Cheesy Cheesy

BS. It aimed at working class white males who work the land. Same as cracker. I suppose you still believe that people in the suburbs drive Kingwood's , wear acid washed jeans, wear flanno and a have mullet?? That's bigotry. But it's acceptable to do it to poor white people hey? I've witnessed snots on teli bang on about this s hit plenty of times.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - May 6th, 2019 at 4:40pm

Mr Hammer wrote on May 6th, 2019 at 4:38pm:
BS. It aimed at working class white males who work the land. Same as cracker. I suppose you still believe that people in the suburbs drive Kingwood's , wear acid washed jeans, a wear flanno and a have mullet?? That's bigotry. But it's acceptable to do it to poor white people hey? I've witnessed snots on teli bang on about this s hit plenty of times.

It's about how someone dresses and acts. Nothing to do with being white.

Roll Eyes

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - May 6th, 2019 at 4:41pm

BS. It aimed at working class white males who work the land. Same as cracker. I suppose you still believe that people in the suburbs drive Kingwood's , wear acid washed jeans, a wear flanno and a have mullet?? That's bigotry. But it's acceptable to do it to poor white people hey? I've witnessed snots on teli bang on about this s hit plenty of times.

That's classism, Hammer. Not racism.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - May 6th, 2019 at 4:43pm

John Smith wrote on May 6th, 2019 at 4:37pm:
White people can be discriminated against too you know

no one ever said they can't be. However discrimination against whites isn't much of a problem in this country, now is it. I've been around for 50 yrs and i can't recall ever being discriminated against because I am white. I recall many occasion when idiots try to discriminate because of my Italian background, but never white.

I have been and many other people I know have been because they are white. A whole bunch of aussie girls were gangraped because they are white. It happens more than you think. Maybe not on the Gold Coast but down here it does.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - May 6th, 2019 at 4:44pm

mothra wrote on May 6th, 2019 at 4:41pm:

That's classism, Hammer. Not racism.

Same thing. Looking down on somebody for some aesthetic  reason.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print