Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 93
Send Topic Print
Hillary Clinton Is RUNNING AGAIN ! (Read 96104 times)
it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Re: Hillary Clinton Is RUNNING AGAIN !
Reply #540 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 5:27pm

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/13/julian-castro-fox-news-town-hall-13645...

"The fact is that I need to introduce myself to a lot of people who don’t know who I am yet in this Democratic primary,” Castro said. | Miikka Skaffari/Getty Images for MoveOn

Julián Castro in Fox News town hall: Let’s talk about me, not Hillary

By NOLAN D. MCCASKILL 06/13/2019 09:18 PM EDT

Julián Castro all but told Fox News on Thursday that he wasn’t there to talk about his rivals and couldn’t understand why the network is still obsessed with Hillary Clinton in 2019.

[[[for anyone still in doubt, join this clueless individual whom has no idea , she's running . that's why the network is still obsessed with Hillary Clinton in 2019. Just a heads up ~~ IITL ]]]

At an hourlong town hall in Tempe, Ariz., with Fox News hosts Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum, the former Housing and Urban Development secretary and San Antonio mayor declined to comment on Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand’s likening people who are against abortion to racists or anti-Semites, or former Vice President Joe Biden’s recent reversal on the Hyde Amendment, which essentially banned publicly funded abortions.
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2019 at 9:10am by it_is_the_light »  

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #541 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 5:27pm

“I don’t want to distract right now by talking about other candidates when the fact is that I need to introduce myself to a lot of people who don’t know who I am yet in this Democratic primary,” Castro said. “And so I don’t want them to know who Joe Biden is and what he stands for with this airtime. I want them to know what Julián Castro believes and what he thinks.”

Baier and MacCallum opened the forum by asking Castro how President Donald Trump’s openness to accepting opposition research from a foreign government without alerting the FBI was different from the so-called Steele dossier — information on Trump compiled by a British former intelligence officer in 2016 and funded in part by Democrats.

Castro focused on Trump’s “unprecedented” willingness to accept foreign help in an election. But Baier wasn’t satisfied. He followed up, quoting Clinton’s former press secretary telling The Washington Post he “would have had no problem passing it along or urging reporters to look into” the dossier if he had received it before the general election.

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #542 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 5:27pm

“I don’t understand why on this network and in so many, you know, conservative circles, people are still talking about Hillary Clinton,” Castro said. “Hillary Clinton is not on the ballot. Those of us who are running are on the ballot, and I can tell you that those of us who are running want to focus on the issues that are important to Americans and their families.”

Despite appearing on a conservative network, Castro embraced his “People First” immigration plan and policing reform, which would hold officers accountable and create more transparency.

“Why did @JulianCastro come to AZ for a FOX town hall?” tweeted Jennifer Fiore, his senior adviser. “He’s not afraid to talk about Trump’s most important issue in a historically red border state. Let’s push back against this Republican domination of an American issue.”

Castro said the only crisis at the southern border with Mexico was one of leadership, noting that “when he came into office, Donald Trump said that he was gonna solve this, as he put it, this immigration problem, and he’s completely failed.”

In talking about the need for policing reform, Castro contrasted the arrest of Dylann Roof, a white supremacist who killed nine people at a black church in Charleston, S.C., with police-involved fatal shootings of people of color, rattling off names like Eric Garner, Sandra Bland, Jason Pero, Tamir Rice, Laquan McDonald, Pamela Turner and Tempe’s Antonio Arce.

2016 Democratic debate
2020 ELECTIONS

DNC invites 20 candidates to first debate
By ZACH MONTELLARO
“Too oftentimes, we have seen police mistreat especially young men of color, a lot of young black men. How many videos do we have to watch?” he asked. “I don’t care what your politics is. … We’re in an age of technology where you see the video now. How many of these videos do you have to watch before we understand that even though we have some great police officers … this is not a problem of a few bad apples? The system itself is broken, and we need to fix it.”

Castro said he agreed with Thursday’s recommendation by the Office of Special Counsel that White House counselor Kellyanne Conway be removed for repeatedly violating the Hatch Act. Castro was found to be in violation of it at HUD for his remarks about Clinton in 2016, but suggested the difference was that he was a one-time offender who owned up to his mistake while Conway has not held herself accountable for her multiple violations.

But he saved his biggest criticism for Trump, whom he blamed for ruining relationships with allies. “I mean, who gets in a fight with Canada?” Castro asked, prompting some laughter from the audience. “Somehow, this president did.”

Ultimately, he said, “a few years from now — whether it’s 10 years from now, 20 years from now — we’re gonna look back on this as Americans, not Republicans or Democrats or liberals or conservatives, and say, ‘What in the hell was wrong with that president?’”

╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #543 - Jun 15th, 2019 at 8:48am

shes running ,

https://www.thedailybeast.com/hillary-clinton-expands-her-arsenal-going-into-202...

Hillary Expands Her Arsenal Going Into 2020

Lachlan Markay
Reporter
Published 06.14.19 12:47PM ET

Welcome to Pay Dirt—exclusive reporting and research from The Daily Beast’s Lachlan Markay on corruption, campaign finance, and influence-peddling in the nation’s capital. For Beast Inside members only.

Hillary Clinton has created a new nonprofit to supplement her post-2016 advocacy work, corporate records indicate.

The Onward Together Foundation was formed on June 3 by Ezra Reese, an attorney at Perkins Coie, Clinton’s longtime law firm, according to District of Columbia incorporation records. Its listed address is the same as that of Onward Together, the dark-money nonprofit that Clinton formed in 2017, and a sister political action committee, the Onward Together Committee.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #544 - Jun 15th, 2019 at 9:01am

Quote:
Hillary Clinton Is RUNNING AGAIN !

More like a mid paced shuffle but I am confident she will be primed for the Boston Marathon.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #545 - Jun 15th, 2019 at 9:22am

Here are the candidates that will take the stage on night one (June 26):

Guess who is not going to speak at the first primary Democrat debate ?

Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren
Former Texas Rep. Beto O'Rourke
New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker
Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar
Washington Gov. Jay Inslee
Hawaii Rep, Tulsi Gabbard
Former Maryland Rep. John Delaney
Former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julián Castro
Ohio Congressman Tim Ryan
New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio
Here are the candidates that will take the stage on night two (June 27):

Is there a name missing ???

Former Vice President Joe Biden
Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders
California Sen. Kamala Harris
South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg
Colorado Sen. Michael Bennet
New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand
Former Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper
California Rep. Eric Swalwell
spiritual author Marianne Williamson
entrepreneur Andrew Yang

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #546 - Jun 15th, 2019 at 9:35am

Dnarever wrote on Jun 15th, 2019 at 9:22am:
Here are the candidates that will take the stage on night one (June 26):

Guess who is not going to speak at the first primary Democrat debate ?

Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren
Former Texas Rep. Beto O'Rourke
New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker
Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar
Washington Gov. Jay Inslee
Hawaii Rep, Tulsi Gabbard
Former Maryland Rep. John Delaney
Former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julián Castro
Ohio Congressman Tim Ryan
New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio

Is there a name missing ???

Former Vice President Joe Biden
Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders
California Sen. Kamala Harris
South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg
Colorado Sen. Michael Bennet
New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand
Former Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper
California Rep. Eric Swalwell
spiritual author Marianne Williamson
entrepreneur Andrew Yang

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #547 - Jun 15th, 2019 at 9:42am

Beloved?

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #548 - Jun 15th, 2019 at 3:39pm

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/6/14/18678099/elizabeth-warren-2020...

Elizabeth Warren isn’t Hillary Clinton
How Warren is using many policies to reinforce one message, and a few other notes from our conversation.

By Ezra Klein@ezraklein  Updated Jun 14, 2019, 11:31am EDT

My old American Prospect editor Mark Schmitt had a maxim I always liked: “It’s not what you say about the issues; it’s what the issues say about you.”

Mark’s line came to mind while I was interviewing Elizabeth Warren (you can listen to our conversation on my podcast, or read it here). I’ve seen a lot of nervous Democrats compare Warren to Hillary Clinton. After all, Clinton had plans too. Clinton was the most prepared candidate on the stage, too. And look how that ended.

I think the analogy is flawed. Clinton had a lot of plans but no clear message. Warren’s genius has been to turn a lot of plans into a clear message. Clinton’s plans couldn’t dispel the sense that she was complicit in the status quo. Warren’s plans underscore her longstanding loathing of what American capitalism has curdled into.

It’s common for Democrats to talk about income inequality. Warren fixates on wealth inequality. During our conversation, she used the word “wealth” 23 times but mentioned “income” only four times. There’s a reason for that. Wealth is where income pools into power and privilege. When your money comes from income, it is, at least in theory, being earned through work. When it’s just wealth creating more wealth, it’s a hoarding of resources divorced from the labor and innovation that drives economies forward.

“Think of it this way,” she told me. “The bottom 99 percent last year paid all-in on their taxes 7.2 percent of their total wealth. Top 1 percent? They paid 3.2 percent of their total wealth.” Those huge fortunes, she continued, “are growing on their own. They are now capital. You don’t have to work if you’ve got one of those big fortunes. Those things are managed by professional managers.” Listen to how Warren talks about this. It offends her.

Over and over again, Warren turned the conversation back to her wealth tax, and everything it could buy. Like here:

Two cents on the one-tenth of 1 percent, the greatest fortunes in this country, $50 million and above, and for 2 cents we can provide universal child care, universal pre-K, raise the wages of all our child care workers and pre-K workers, universal technical school, two-year college, four-year college, and cancel student loan debt for 95 percent of the people who’ve got it. We cancel student loan debt for 43 million Americans across this country. The vision of what government can do and whose side government is on changes just like that.

And here:

I was talking a minute ago about the 2-cent wealth tax. My proposal is a tax on the 75,000 biggest fortunes in this country. If you’ve got more than $50 million, the 50 millionth and first dollar gets taxed at 2 cents. And then 2 cents on every dollar after that. Two cents. What could we do with 2 cents? Look at the opportunity it builds in child care and early childhood education and technical school and college and freeing up people from huge debt burdens.

And here:

But notice how much you get from the wealth tax. The 2-cent wealth tax is enough to do all those things I talked about, plus have $100 billion to put into opioids and still have nearly half a trillion dollars left over. It’s a staggering amount of money that it produces because there is such extraordinary concentrated wealth in this country. Getting that 2 cents opens up real opportunity for everybody else.

Warren’s tagline is “I have a plan for that.” And on one level, it’s true: She has a lot of plans. But a clearer way of understanding her pitch is she’s got one plan that she applies over and over again.

As Warren sees it, there’s been a massive hoarding of wealth — and thus of power and opportunity — in this country. She wants to tax the wealth and redistribute both the money and the opportunity. She wants to break up concentrations of economic power by putting workers on corporate boards and unleashing antitrust regulators on Amazon and Facebook and ending Washington’s revolving door. These are different policies, yes, but they all say the same thing: The wealthy have too much money and power, and Warren wants to change that.

That’s the difference between her and Clinton. Clinton had a lot of plans and just as many messages. Warren has a lot of plans, but they reinforce one message. Warren has her weaknesses, but the way she talks through policy is a defining strength.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #549 - Jun 15th, 2019 at 3:47pm

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/448652-young-turks-founder-says-democrats-shou...

Young Turks founder says Democrats should avoid repeat of 2016 and pick a progressive

The founder of the progressive online channel "The Young Turks" called on voters to choose a progressive candidate and warned Democrats to avoid a repeat of 2016.

“Don’t make the same mistake we made in 2016,” Cenk Uygur told Hill.TV’s Krystal Ball and Saagar Enjeti during an interview Friday. “All of the media told you that Hillary Clinton was the more electable candidate. The polls showed the opposite but the media said, ‘No, don’t believe your lying eyes, believe in my alternative facts instead.’ And we were right and they were wrong.”

Uygur said Clinton and former Vice President Joe Biden are essentially the same candidate when it comes to policy, arguing that both candidates have sought to maintain the status quo of the party. He added that the only way for President Trump to win reelection is if Democrats nominate a mainstream candidate who “appears to be to the average person an elitist.”

“Do not make that same mistake," Uygur said. "Vote for a progressive who says, 'I’m going to fight for you.'”

Polling shows Biden has emerged as the frontrunner in the field of two dozen Democratic candidates seeking the party's nomination.

A Quinnipiac University national survey released this week found that Biden would hold a 13-point advantage over Trump if the elections were held today.

But some Democrats are cautioning the party not to put too much faith in the polling.

“Anyone who believes that the Democratic candidate is headed for a landslide victory right now is doomed to repeat the tragic history of 2016,” Democratic pollster Chris Kofinis told The Hill.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #550 - Jun 15th, 2019 at 4:46pm

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #551 - Jun 15th, 2019 at 4:56pm

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #552 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 5:26am

HILLARY HAS CREATED A NEW CHARITY FOUNDATION FOR 2020 RUN

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #553 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 6:54am

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #554 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 11:17am

You don't get much action in this thread

and it might be because Aussies don't give a chit about bloody Hilary

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 93