Send Topic Print
Yay Uber you ripper! (Read 3382 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Yay Uber you ripper!
May 3rd, 2019 at 4:37pm

Link.

And.....there are now TWO significant legal actions on foot here.  One started today against Uber itself and the other (totally separate from the first) commenced in March is against the Qld Government.

Game seriously on.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: Yay Uber you ripper!
Reply #1 - May 3rd, 2019 at 4:38pm

Will it stop cabs stink like curry farts?

IBI

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #2 - May 3rd, 2019 at 4:45pm

Gordon wrote on May 3rd, 2019 at 4:38pm:

Drivers will be banned from footpath shitting!

Wink

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - May 3rd, 2019 at 8:47pm

Generally speaking, taxis are dirty & smelly, and the drivers are arrogant and grumpy.

Not always, but generally speaking.

100% of the times that I've been in an Uber, they've been clean & air-conditioned, and the drivers have been friendly and polite.

Moreover, the Uber fares are always at least 50% less than that of a taxi.

I have sympathy for struggling taxi drivers, however, the taxi companies have been screwing us punters for too long.

It's about time we got something going our way.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #4 - May 3rd, 2019 at 8:56pm

greggerypeccary wrote on May 3rd, 2019 at 8:47pm:
Generally speaking, taxis are dirty & smelly, and the drivers are arrogant and grumpy.

100% of the times that I've been in an Uber, they've been clean & air-conditioned, and the drivers have been friendly and polite.

I have sympathy for struggling taxi drivers, however, the taxi companies have been screwing us punters for too long.

The taxi industry had ages to lift their game after Uber arrived but thought they were arrogant and thought things would never change.

The booking system for companies like 1300cabs is now better but it's still a 50/50 change you'll get a sewer on wheels.

Uber are 100% perfect every time. No 2GB or Indian music blaring at you and you get interesting and polite drivers.

My mum reckons most of them even help her in with the shopping.

IBI

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #5 - May 3rd, 2019 at 10:16pm

And the greasy beaded seat covers. Yuck!

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #6 - May 3rd, 2019 at 10:25pm

AiA wrote on May 3rd, 2019 at 10:16pm:

Apparently if you get 1000 used Indian taxi beaded seat covers and boil them up then distill the water down to one drop, you end up with an aphrodisiac that will make any woman crazy with desire.

IBI

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #7 - May 3rd, 2019 at 11:32pm

Gordon wrote on May 3rd, 2019 at 10:25pm:
AiA wrote on May 3rd, 2019 at 10:16pm:

Apparently if you get 1000 used Indian taxi beaded seat covers and boil them up then distill the water down to one drop, you end up with an aphrodisiac that will make any woman crazy with desire.

No, that is no aphrodisiac Gordon, at least not to us, that is a potent rape drug. One drop knocks her out so every man in the village can take part.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - May 4th, 2019 at 11:13am

And the Uber driver gets less ... despite all the BS to the contrary.

Now there's another company operating .... called

"Ola" .... and Gordy it's Indian owned and run.  Grin

They advertise that the driver gets a bigger share of the fare ...  Grin but they lose it behind the scenes with fees & charges to the company.

They come in at low prices but have a system that kicks in after they get you on board they start as they call it "price surging" aka price gouging.

Their reputation prior to starting outside of India isn't good ... like Indias Dodgy Bros the Adanis in comes another foreign Ride Share company of the same ilk.

That they use a name that sounds Spanish instead of Indian speaks of what are they hiding?

Taiksee Taiksee ... Jaldee jaldee  Grin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ola_Cabs

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - May 4th, 2019 at 11:24am

Gordon wrote on May 3rd, 2019 at 8:56pm:

The taxi industry had ages to lift their game after Uber arrived but thought they were arrogant and thought things would never change.

The booking system for companies like 1300cabs is now better but it's still a 50/50 change you'll get a sewer on wheels.

Uber are 100% perfect every time. No 2GB or Indian music blaring at you and you get interesting and polite drivers.

I am not a taxi user... so cannot talk about service..

what I am talking about is.. the unfairness that someone who has bought a business... and thats what a taxi licence is.. a business.

which until UBER   it was required by govt made laws....to have one.......

same as a liquor licence..

imagine someone setting up a stall selling grog at lower prices because they dont have to buy a liquor licence????...

these people in good faith.. bought this business maybe for their retirement  ... and suddenly its worthless....

because of convenient rule changes...

I would be devastated to be honest and I doubt anyone of you  would shrug and walk away.....if you had paid a fortune  either.... Angry Angry

a lot of decent people are affected by this......

as fair go aussies   you should be behind these owner drivers   

I dont care what country they come from..they need our support...

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #10 - May 4th, 2019 at 11:30am

cods wrote on May 4th, 2019 at 11:24am:

what I am talking about is.. the unfairness that someone who has bought a business... and thats what a taxi licence is.. a business.

imagine someone setting up a stall selling grog at lower prices because they dont have to buy a liquor licence????...

these people in good faith.. bought this business maybe for their retirement  ... and suddenly its worthless....

I would be devastated to be honest and I doubt anyone of you  would shrug and walk away.....if you had paid a fortune  either.... Angry Angry

I agree!

I only ever use cabs stuff Uber!

Angry

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - May 4th, 2019 at 12:35pm

I'd be behind the taxi owner drivers more if it wasn't for the fact that they've been ripping me off and giving me poor service for the last 35 years or so.

I don't want to see anyone lose their jobs, however, I'm not going to continue to pay outrageously inflated prices for an inferior service either.

That's just madness.

Uber gives me faster, more reliable, friendlier, cleaner, and a much cheaper service - I'd be crazy to go back to taxis.

If you had the choice between a dirty restaurant with rude waiters, seats smelling of cigarette smoke, second rate food, and a bill of $50 or, a clean, air-conditioned restaurant with friendly waiters, clean tables & chairs, fresh & tasty food, and a final bill of only $25, which would you choose?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - May 4th, 2019 at 1:41pm

greggerypeccary wrote on May 4th, 2019 at 12:35pm:

I'd be behind the taxi owner drivers more if it wasn't for the fact that they've been ripping me off and giving me poor service for the last 35 years or so.

I don't want to see anyone lose their jobs, however, I'm not going to continue to pay outrageously inflated prices for an inferior service either.

That's just madness.

Uber gives me faster, more reliable, friendlier, cleaner, and a much cheaper service - I'd be crazy to go back to taxis.

If you had the choice between a dirty restaurant with rude waiters, seats smelling of cigarette smoke, second rate food, and a bill of $50 or, a clean, air-conditioned restaurant with friendly waiters, clean tables & chairs, fresh & tasty food, and a final bill of only $25, which would you choose?

like I pointed out greg   I havent used a taxi or uber in years.....so I cant say anything about service   and to tar all taxi owners with the same brush  is the same as calling all Muslims terrorists....

it isnt the right thing to do.. Angry

we are talking about someones INVESTMENT actually being STOLEN FROM THEM>..

they didnt ask to BUY A LICENCE...

the govt made that ruling.....and with that ruling went certain... certainties that now no longer exist...

and I believe that is WRONG... they should be compensated...

now because you have had a bad deal in you neck of the woods  every taxi owner in OZ  will have to lump it as far you are concerned...

I find your reasoning.... well unreasonable. Angry

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - May 4th, 2019 at 2:39pm

cods wrote on May 4th, 2019 at 1:41pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on May 4th, 2019 at 12:35pm:

That's just madness.

like I pointed out greg   I havent used a taxi or uber in years.....so I cant say anything about service   and to tar all taxi owners with the same brush  is the same as calling all Muslims terrorists....

it isnt the right thing to do.. Angry

Please read my previous post, cods:

"Generally speaking, taxis are dirty & smelly, and the drivers are arrogant and grumpy.

"Not always, but generally speaking."

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - May 4th, 2019 at 2:45pm

"Not always, but generally speaking."

NO THEY ARE NOT..

your experience means bugger all  when you are talking the whole of Australia..

just because the laws on health and cleanliness in WA is lousy ..

doesnt mean  everywhere else is the same..

might as well say all public transport is the same......

and it isnt! Angry.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print