Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Current Global Warming unprecedented - Bullsh!t.! (Read 1485 times)
Pho Huc
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Victoria
Re: Current Global Warming unprecedented - Bullsh!t.!
Reply #15 - May 16th, 2019 at 12:45am

lee wrote on May 15th, 2019 at 5:05pm:
Pho Huc wrote on May 15th, 2019 at 4:07pm:
The co2 values are irrelevant to the point that historically it has taken a minimum of one thousand years for average temp's to increase by one degree(usually more like ten thousand years). We have observed a one degree increase over the last century. hence ten times faster than any time in history, hence unprecedented.

And having given all your failed links that you said showed such warming. just more verbiage. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

History is now only 1000 years? Who knew?

I'm going to assume i have exceeded your comprehension of climate science with this post, hence your reply. If you have a problem with the science please articulate it, if you don't understand the science in this format im happy to find a dumbed down source you can handle. I do try to be considerate Wink

The law locks up the man who steals the goose from the common, but leaves the greater criminal loose who steals the common from the goose (convict saying)

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - May 16th, 2019 at 9:54am

Pho Huc wrote on May 16th, 2019 at 12:45am:
I'm going to assume i have exceeded your comprehension of climate science with this post, hence your reply.

Nope. History is about all our past not some cherry picked point.

Pho Huc wrote on May 15th, 2019 at 4:07pm:
We have observed a one degree increase over the last century. hence ten times faster than any time in history, hence unprecedented.

f you have a problem with the science please articulate it, if you don't understand the science in this format im happy to find a dumbed down source you can handle.

And yet it is YOUR links that don't back up YOUR claims. And I don't understand the science? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I do try to be considerate

You could try posting links that actually support your contentions. Wink

Greenland

https://doi.org/10.1016/j.quascirev.2004.10.016

Greenland

https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsl.2008.01.032

Antarctica

https://doi.org/10.1016/j.quascirev.2003.09.004

So tell us some more about our history. Now you know why they limit themselves to a truncated version of OUR history.

« Last Edit: May 16th, 2019 at 10:10am by lee »  

IP Logged

Pho Huc
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Victoria
Reply #17 - May 16th, 2019 at 2:35pm

sir, I was talking global average temperatures (As shown by the data I posted) not geographically isolated events like you posted. please compare apples with apples.

The law locks up the man who steals the goose from the common, but leaves the greater criminal loose who steals the common from the goose (convict saying)

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - May 16th, 2019 at 2:51pm

Pho Huc wrote on May 16th, 2019 at 2:35pm:
sir, I was talking global average temperatures (As shown by the data I posted) not geographically isolated events like you posted. please compare apples with apples.

So now you are not saying it is the highest in history? Grin Grin Grin Grin

Oh? Just how accurate is the global temperature data back 1000 years?  Wink

What data did you post?

"Knowledge of climate variability over the last 1 kyr in the Southern Hemisphere and  tropics is very limited by the low density of palaeoclimatic records. "

"There are markedly fewer well-dated proxy records for the SH compared to the NH (Figure 6.11), and consequently little evidence of how large-scale average surface temperatures have changed over the past few thousand years. "

https://wg1.ipcc.ch/publications/wg1-ar4/ar4-wg1-chapter6.pdf

So we don't have any detailed knowledge of the SH but it is good enough to infer a global temperature. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Pho Huc
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Victoria
Reply #19 - May 16th, 2019 at 4:47pm

im still saying the current rate of global temp increase is unprecedented. there were no GLOBAL periods of temp change as fast as the present, all the faster changes you noted happened over geographically limited areas.  Ive supported my assertion with the papers referenced, and you have been unable to find any record of a faster GLOBAL warming period(because there hasn't been one).
« Last Edit: May 16th, 2019 at 5:17pm by Pho Huc »  

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - May 16th, 2019 at 5:22pm

Pho Huc wrote on May 16th, 2019 at 4:47pm:
im still saying the current rate of global temp increase is unprecedented.

Yes you are. But your word means SFA. Where is the data that you said showed this up? Wink

here were no GLOBAL periods of temp change as fast as the present, all the faster changes you noted happened over geogaphically limited areas. 

Citation needed. You do know the MWP, LIA and all were actually global events?

Ive supported my assertion with the papers referenced, and you have been unable to find any record of a faster GLOBAL warming period(because there hasn't been one).

And yet your referenced papers do NOT support your contention.

Why is that?

« Last Edit: May 16th, 2019 at 5:27pm by lee »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print