Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Lowereing the Population for the Enviroment (Read 3372 times)
Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Re: Lowereing the Population for the Enviroment
Reply #30 - Apr 29th, 2019 at 11:57am

Population reduction proponents should step forward and lead by example by disposing of themselves in an environmentally friendly way.

Bobbi? Where are you?

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

The Reboot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

None of your damn business
Reply #31 - Apr 29th, 2019 at 1:04pm

As long as humans live on this planet, it's going to be sick. We are the virus, we are the disease.

We think we are oh so intelligent and sophisticated, what with our advances in technology, and our finance system that is contrary to the health of 'nature'.

I.e what is the main thing that prevents people from going full "green"? It's the loss of jobs, and loss of money that scares people. Not to mention the fear that "green energy" is not strong enough to run all of our creature comforts.

When global warming hits, the earth will cleanse itself of this disease and start the cycle again. Whether humanity survives or not depends on whether "Noah/Noelle" can build another ark.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Apr 29th, 2019 at 1:13pm

The Reboot wrote on Apr 29th, 2019 at 1:04pm:
I.e what is the main thing that prevents people from going full "green"? It's the loss of jobs, and loss of money that scares people. Not to mention the fear that "green energy" is not strong enough to run all of our creature comforts.

Yes. So where do taxes come from if their are no jobs? if there are no jobs there are no industries.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #33 - Apr 29th, 2019 at 1:36pm

lee wrote on Apr 29th, 2019 at 1:13pm:
The Reboot wrote on Apr 29th, 2019 at 1:04pm:

Yes. So where do taxes come from if their are no jobs? if there are no jobs there are no industries.

As long as lee exists "their" will always be jobs for English teachers.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #34 - May 13th, 2019 at 7:38am

https://www.positive.news/society/5-possible-solutions-overpopulation/

1. Empower women
Studies show that women with access to reproductive health services find it easier to break out of poverty, while those who work are more likely to use birth control. The United Nations Population Fund aims to tackle both issues at once, running microcredit projects to turn young women into advocates for reproductive health.

2. Promote family planning
Simply educating men and women about contraception can have a big impact. When Iran introduced a national family planning programme in 1989, its fertility rate fell from 5.6 births per woman to 2.6 in a decade. A similar effort in Rwanda saw a threefold increase in contraception usage in just five years.

3. Make education entertaining
The US-based Population Media Center gets creative to reach women. Its radio soap operas, which feature culturally specific stories about reproductive issues, have been heard by as many as 500 million people in 50 countries. In Ethiopia, 63 per cent of women seeking reproductive health services reported tuning in.

4. Government incentives
Those at UK charity Population Matters believe there should be a senior government official responsible for addressing population-related issues. They urge governments to promote “responsible parenthood” and say subsidies should be limited to the first two children unless the family is living in poverty.

5) One-child legislation
During China’s high controversial one-child policy, fertility fell from six births per woman in the 1960s to 1.5 in 2014. However, Amnesty International reports that the policy led to coerced or forced abortions and sterilisations. It also disrupted traditional support structures for the elderly and led to a gender imbalance.

I am me

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #35 - May 13th, 2019 at 1:01pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on May 13th, 2019 at 7:38am:
https://www.positive.news/society/5-possible-solutions-overpopulation/

1. Empower women
Studies show that women with access to reproductive health services find it easier to break out of poverty, while those who work are more likely to use birth control. The United Nations Population Fund aims to tackle both issues at once, running microcredit projects to turn young women into advocates for reproductive health.

2. Promote family planning
Simply educating men and women about contraception can have a big impact. When Iran introduced a national family planning programme in 1989, its fertility rate fell from 5.6 births per woman to 2.6 in a decade. A similar effort in Rwanda saw a threefold increase in contraception usage in just five years.

3. Make education entertaining
The US-based Population Media Center gets creative to reach women. Its radio soap operas, which feature culturally specific stories about reproductive issues, have been heard by as many as 500 million people in 50 countries. In Ethiopia, 63 per cent of women seeking reproductive health services reported tuning in.

4. Government incentives
Those at UK charity Population Matters believe there should be a senior government official responsible for addressing population-related issues. They urge governments to promote “responsible parenthood” and say subsidies should be limited to the first two children unless the family is living in poverty.

5) One-child legislation
During China’s high controversial one-child policy, fertility fell from six births per woman in the 1960s to 1.5 in 2014. However, Amnesty International reports that the policy led to coerced or forced abortions and sterilisations. It also disrupted traditional support structures for the elderly and led to a gender imbalance.

Smiley

Although strangely enough the right wing loonies on this forum usually have more "interventionist" ideas on how to lower population

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - May 13th, 2019 at 3:15pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on May 13th, 2019 at 7:38am:
1. Empower women

No mention of patriarchal societies which would inhibit the empowering of women.

There is a solution though. Cheap electricity that would reduce the actual physical work done.

IP Logged

Bobby.

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #37 - May 13th, 2019 at 3:18pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Apr 29th, 2019 at 11:57am:
Population reduction proponents should step forward and lead by example by disposing of themselves in an environmentally friendly way.

Bobbi? Where are you?

I never had any children because I always knew there were
too many people on this planet.
If others had been smart like me we wouldn't have this problem.
There will be 1 billion more Africans by 2050.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - May 13th, 2019 at 3:21pm

Bobby. wrote on May 13th, 2019 at 3:18pm:

Bobbi? Where are you?

Most of them didn't intentionally produce kids.  Just a by-product of sex

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Bobby.

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #39 - May 13th, 2019 at 3:24pm

PZ547 wrote on May 13th, 2019 at 3:21pm:

Bobbi? Where are you?

When you put it in a baby can pop out.
Are they so stupid in Africa that they don't know that?

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #40 - May 13th, 2019 at 3:34pm

Bobbi? Where are you?

Bobbi, you have to have sex with a female to create the opportunity. You must have been asleep in class when they taught that.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - May 13th, 2019 at 3:35pm

Bobby. wrote on May 13th, 2019 at 3:24pm:
PZ547 wrote on May 13th, 2019 at 3:21pm:

Bobbi? Where are you?

When you put it in a baby can pop out.
Are they so stupid in Africa that they don't know that?

Millions of them are too stupid right here, in Oz

On average, according to the experts, a couple will have sex a hundred times before a pregnancy

so they wing it

and kids pop out

and retailers applaud those new generations of consumers

as Kahlil Gibran said, kids are Life's Longing for Itself

we're an experiment

when human lab workers want the rats to perform, they use a chunk of cheese as bait

when the cosmic lab workers want to see how far creatures will push their limited resources and risk extinction in order to reproduce, they used sex as bait

then the cosmic lab workers closed the laboratory and took off, leaving us to the mess we created

but babbees are so kute !  Little fingers, little toes, big eyes

and all the private schools and manufacturers and retailers rub their hands

and those in south east asia who're taking in our garbage chuck it in the oceans and sea life and their babies choke and die in agony

but gee, sex a hundred times and no bill

let's try for 101 and see what happens

God must shake his head in disbelief

bonobos, bananas, bonobos, bananas

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Bobby.

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #42 - May 13th, 2019 at 10:08pm

PZ547 wrote on May 13th, 2019 at 3:35pm:
[quote author=bobbythebat1 link=1556398525/39#39 date=1557725071][quote author=ZXLX796 link=1556398525/38#38 date=1557724887]

Millions of them are too stupid right here, in Oz

On average, according to the experts, a couple will have sex a hundred times before a pregnancy

so they wing it

and kids pop out

and retailers applaud those new generations of consumers

as Kahlil Gibran said, kids are Life's Longing for Itself

we're an experiment

when human lab workers want the rats to perform, they use a chunk of cheese as bait

when the cosmic lab workers want to see how far creatures will push their limited resources and risk extinction in order to reproduce, they used sex as bait

then the cosmic lab workers closed the laboratory and took off, leaving us to the mess we created

but babbees are so kute !  Little fingers, little toes, big eyes

and all the private schools and manufacturers and retailers rub their hands

and those in south east asia who're taking in our garbage chuck it in the oceans and sea life and their babies choke and die in agony

but gee, sex a hundred times and no bill

let's try for 101 and see what happens

God must shake his head in disbelief

bonobos, bananas, bonobos, bananas

Some women get pregnant after having sex only once.
Men need to stop putting it in to them.
They need to read the Bible I suppose.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - May 13th, 2019 at 11:17pm

Bobbi? Where are you?

They are breeding like flies but we arent. Just means a bigger market for our agricultural products and technology.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #44 - May 14th, 2019 at 9:04am

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print