Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Cultural clashes dividing French, Australian offic (Read 3664 times)
Brian Ross

Representative of me

Re: Cultural clashes dividing French, Australian offic
Reply #60 - Apr 29th, 2019 at 1:42pm

Spatchcock wrote on Apr 29th, 2019 at 1:40pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 29th, 2019 at 1:38pm:
Spatchcock wrote on Apr 29th, 2019 at 1:23pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 29th, 2019 at 12:52pm:
Spatchcock wrote on Apr 29th, 2019 at 10:53am:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 28th, 2019 at 9:45pm:
Spatchcock wrote on Apr 28th, 2019 at 6:14pm:
Have you seen how much the most senior Australian military officers get paid compared to the rest of the world for leading a military that is backward and non deployable?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  "Non-deployable"?  Really?  Funny, I have many mates who have served in East Timor, Soloman Islands, Afghanistan and Iraq, little chicken.  What were they doing if not being "deployed"?    Roll Eyes

Yes it is not deployable. You know this. Everyone who has served knows this. Australia cannot deploy to a war zone. It can do peacekeeping. Stop fudging the books.

Except that Afghanistan and Iraq were definitely classed as "war zones", little chicken.   East Timor and the Solomon Islands were classed as "peace keeping" operations.  There is rather a large difference between the two sorts of operations.  The ROEs for each force is very, very different, for starters, as are the weapons and the tactics utilised.   In the case of Afghanistan and Iraq, we deployed partly with the help of the USAF and partly off our own bats.  In East Timor and the Soloman Islands we deployed completely by ourselves, using our own resources (with some contracted out).   Roll Eyes

Reconstruction and mentoring task force does not really imply what you are stating.

"A rose by any other name would still smell as sweet,"  suggested the Bard, little chicken.  Essentially it was a peacekeeping mission.   I have discussed it extensively with the Official Historian of such operations, David Horner (who used to be a lecturer of mine).

Quote:
I mean sure, you can say that Man Haron Monis was a major terrorist or you can say it was a lone nutter.

One is true one is the official wording. One is accurate one is overstating the issue.

He was a lone nutter.  He was rejected by the Sh'ites, he was rejected by the Sunnis.  He was deranged and believed he was a leader in Daesh.

Quote:
So sure in that context it was a warzone. Regardless of the intended deployment roles and activities.

If you want to overstate things to make yourself feel better go for it.

No overstatement.  Just the facts.  Facts which you appear to disregard with ease, little chicken.   Just like the child you are.   Roll Eyes

You discussing it with anyone does not change the argument. At all. Not even in the slightest.

It WAS NOT a combat deployment. It was a reconstruction and mentoring task force.

You saying you discuss this that and the other with anyone does not add any weight to your false claim. If anything it portrays the official historian in a bad light by you inferring this is his belief.

A belief that is decidedly and obviously nonsense.

How can you still pursue this obvious fallacy?

I am unsure why you're attempting to claim that I said it was a "combat deployment" when I didn't, little chicken.  Perhaps you need to learn how to read?   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Spatchcock

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Apr 29th, 2019 at 1:43pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 29th, 2019 at 1:41pm:
Spatchcock wrote on Apr 29th, 2019 at 1:36pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 29th, 2019 at 1:33pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 29th, 2019 at 1:01pm:
Have you seen how much the most senior Australian military officers get paid compared to the rest of the world for leading a military that is backward and non deployable?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  "Non-deployable"?  Really?  Funny, I have many mates who have served in East Timor, Soloman Islands, Afghanistan and Iraq, little chicken.  What were they doing if not being "deployed"?    Roll Eyes

Yes it is not deployable. You know this. Everyone who has served knows this. Australia cannot deploy to a war zone. It can do peacekeeping. Stop fudging the books.

Except that Afghanistan and Iraq were definitely classed as "war zones", little chicken.   East Timor and the Solomon Islands were classed as "peace keeping" operations.  There is rather a large difference between the two sorts of operations.  The ROEs for each force is very, very different, for starters, as are the weapons and the tactics utilised.   In the case of Afghanistan and Iraq, we deployed partly with the help of the USAF and partly off our own bats.  In East Timor and the Soloman Islands we deployed completely by ourselves, using our own resources (with some contracted out).   Roll Eyes

Incorrect.  NZ was also there with their clapped out equipment, including unsafe unroadworthy vehicles and comms.

The Kiwis AFAIK came after the Aussies had deployed, Aussie.

That has nothing to do with substandard equipment which was the issue raised.

Again you are trying to shift the argument to claim you are right.

Your argument is correct however you have not addressed the claim. In this context, you are again decidedly wrong with all your statements and arguments.

If you say there is too much pollution, and I say, the sky is blue, that doesn't negate your argument. It just shows me using a positive to refute a completely unrelated negative.

And it would also show me to be foolish and wrong.

Much like the way it shows you.

I have answered Aussies' point, little chicken.  You just don't like the answer I have supplied.  As I was talking about who was deployed where, when and how, I felt it was more important to answer the claim about who arrived where, first.

Now, run along, little chicken, run along.  I can hear your nursemaid calling you from the little kiddies' playground where you belong, with your childish insults and attempts at grabbing attention.   The grown ups want a proper conversation...   Roll Eyes

No you haven't. You have made a tangentially related argument that addresses nothing. Your tangential argument is true. This is what you are relying on.

You are so wrong in every statement you make. You change the direction of the argument with a claim that is true, then use that unrelated claim to assert the supremacy of your argument.

You are pathetic.

IP Logged

Spatchcock

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Apr 29th, 2019 at 1:44pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 29th, 2019 at 1:42pm:

Reconstruction and mentoring task force does not really imply what you are stating.

"A rose by any other name would still smell as sweet,"  suggested the Bard, little chicken.  Essentially it was a peacekeeping mission.   I have discussed it extensively with the Official Historian of such operations, David Horner (who used to be a lecturer of mine).

Quote:
I mean sure, you can say that Man Haron Monis was a major terrorist or you can say it was a lone nutter.

One is true one is the official wording. One is accurate one is overstating the issue.

He was a lone nutter.  He was rejected by the Sh'ites, he was rejected by the Sunnis.  He was deranged and believed he was a leader in Daesh.

Quote:
So sure in that context it was a warzone. Regardless of the intended deployment roles and activities.

No overstatement.  Just the facts.  Facts which you appear to disregard with ease, little chicken.   Just like the child you are.   Roll Eyes

You discussing it with anyone does not change the argument. At all. Not even in the slightest.

It WAS NOT a combat deployment. It was a reconstruction and mentoring task force.

You saying you discuss this that and the other with anyone does not add any weight to your false claim. If anything it portrays the official historian in a bad light by you inferring this is his belief.

I am unsure why you're attempting to claim that I said it was a "combat deployment" when I didn't, little chicken.  Perhaps you need to learn how to read?   Roll Eyes

They were not deployed to a warzone. I believe it was warlike service. Again, this is a technical term unrelated to the inference of your claim.

You are again demonstrating your consistent pattern of behavior.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #63 - Apr 29th, 2019 at 2:09pm

Spatchcock wrote on Apr 29th, 2019 at 1:44pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 29th, 2019 at 1:42pm:

Quote:

Quote:

They were not deployed to a warzone. I believe it was warlike service. Again, this is a technical term unrelated to the inference of your claim.

So, now it is you who is claiming it was a deployment to "warlike service"?  Interesting.  I take that means you agree I never claimed that the Solomon Islands deployment was to a "war zone"?

Quote:
You are again demonstrating your consistent pattern of behavior.

Really?  Oh, dear and what are you doing except whinging and whining all the time, little chicken when your stumbles are pointed out to you, hey?   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #64 - Apr 29th, 2019 at 2:22pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 29th, 2019 at 1:01pm:

Incorrect.  NZ was also there with their clapped out equipment, including unsafe unroadworthy vehicles and comms.

I have to correct that.  I had Bougainville in mind.

IP Logged

Spatchcock

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Apr 29th, 2019 at 2:22pm

Brian Ross;

What are you even talking about?

You have taken something so far out of context that this time, I don't even know what the context is.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #66 - Apr 29th, 2019 at 3:21pm

Spatchcock wrote on Apr 29th, 2019 at 2:22pm:
Brian Ross;

What are you even talking about?

You have taken something so far out of context that this time, I don't even know what the context is.

Then I'd recommend you leave the thread until you do work out what it is all about, little chicken.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Spatchcock

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Apr 29th, 2019 at 3:22pm

I am not here to decipher the inconsistencies in your thoughts.

You should present a valid and structured argument or statement and we can work from there.

As it stands everything I've stated has yet to be directly challenged or refuted by you. Every tangent you have led with has been destroyed by me.

And the records show it.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #68 - Apr 29th, 2019 at 3:28pm

Spatchcock wrote on Apr 29th, 2019 at 3:22pm:

You should present a valid and structured argument or statement and we can work from there.

As it stands everything I've stated has yet to be directly challenged or refuted by you. Every tangent you have led with has been destroyed by me.

And the records show it.

Really?  I have merely followed where your thought bubbles have led me, little chicken.

I have refuted you whenever you have stumbled in your claims and I have, BTW, used facts to do it as well.  I have quoted from Wikipedia to do it as well - so it is a commonly available resource.  I have numerous books on the RAN on my bookshelf but I tend not to use them in these sorts of debates 'cause I know you'd scream I was "lying" if I did so.

My points have been valid and well reasoned.  Your's seem to consist primarily of whinging and whining that I'm not playing your game the way you want me to play it.  Sorry, I play by my own rules and the rules laid out by the moderator.  As we presently lack a moderator, well that means by my rules, which I believe are free and fair for the most part.

Now, why don't you stop whinging and whining and actually debate something, little chicken or is that beyond you, hey?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Spatchcock

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Apr 29th, 2019 at 3:53pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 29th, 2019 at 3:28pm:

And the records show it.

Really?  I have merely followed where your thought bubbles have led me, little chicken.

I have refuted you whenever you have stumbled in your claims and I have, BTW, used facts to do it as well.  I have quoted from Wikipedia to do it as well - so it is a commonly available resource.  I have numerous books on the RAN on my bookshelf but I tend not to use them in these sorts of debates 'cause I know you'd scream I was "lying" if I did so.

My points have been valid and well reasoned.  Your's seem to consist primarily of whinging and whining that I'm not playing your game the way you want me to play it.  Sorry, I play by my own rules and the rules laid out by the moderator.  As we presently lack a moderator, well that means by my rules, which I believe are free and fair for the most part.

Now, why don't you stop whinging and whining and actually debate something, little chicken or is that beyond you, hey?   Roll Eyes

That's not true. All you have done is move the goalposts and claim victory.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #70 - Apr 29th, 2019 at 3:58pm

Spatchcock wrote on Apr 29th, 2019 at 3:53pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 29th, 2019 at 3:28pm:

And the records show it.

That's not true. All you have done is move the goalposts and claim victory.

See what I said about whinging and whining or did you miss or not understand it?

Now, you want to debate something, debate it, rather than running off into a corner and crying, cause you keep stubbing your toes.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Spatchcock

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Apr 29th, 2019 at 4:03pm

Yes big rooster.

IP Logged

Spatchcock

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Apr 29th, 2019 at 4:03pm

Oh my it's so big.

IP Logged

Spatchcock

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Apr 29th, 2019 at 4:05pm

You're the best big rooster ever. I would never lie to protect your fragile emotional state. You are the best at internet mighty big rooster. So big. So good. Everything this forum needs to keep everyone happy

So so big.

IP Logged

Spatchcock

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Apr 29th, 2019 at 4:07pm

Stop it you're hurting me. It's all just too much for me to handle. I need to go now.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print