Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Victoria - gastro superbug which causes dysentery (Read 2030 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Victoria - gastro superbug which causes dysentery
Apr 23rd, 2019 at 2:35pm

Victoria - gastro superbug which causes bacterial dysentery, can't be fought with traditional means of antibiotic treatment.

"In Australia, shigellosis is most common in returning travellers and among gay men, and it's particularly contagious."

"In some parts of Australia, there are no effective oral therapies for shigella.

...if they need antibiotic treatment, what they actually will have to have is intravenous antibiotic treatment..."

Quote:

Health authorities urge conservative use of antibiotics with gastro superbug on the rise

Tue 23 Apr 2019
By Lexi Metherell on AM

Antibiotic resistance is on the rise, and now a strain of a gastro bug has been found in Australia that can't be fought with traditional means of antibiotic treatment.

Shigella causes bacterial dysentery and was once associated mainly with children in countries with poor sanitation.

But there is so much concern about fuelling its resistance to drugs that Victorian health authorities are now warning doctors not to prescribe antibiotics to treat it in almost all cases.

SABRA LANE: Antibiotic resistance is on the rise, and now a strain of a gastro bug has been found in Australia that can't be fought with traditional means of antibiotic treatment.

Shigella causes bacterial dysentery and was once associated mainly with children in countries with poor sanitation.

But there's so much concern about fuelling its resistance to drugs that Victorian health authorities are now warning doctors not to prescribe antibiotics to treat it in almost all cases.

Lexi Metherell reports.

LEXI METHERELL: In the early 2000s, the number of reported cases of gastro caused by the bug shigella averaged around 600 a year, but by last year, the number of cases had soared, with four times as many reports of the bug.

Even more alarming is its increasing resistance to drugs.

DEBORAH WILLIAMSON: In some parts of Australia, there are no effective oral therapies for shigella.

LEXI METHERELL: Associate Professor Deborah Williamson is from the Peter Doherty Institute for Infection and Immunity.

DEBORAH WILLIAMSON: And what that means in clinical practice is that patients who have very severe shigellosis, if they need antibiotic treatment, what they actually will have to have is intravenous antibiotic treatment as opposed to just taking an oral antibiotic.

LEXI METHERELL: In Australia, shigellosis is most common in returning travellers and among gay men, and it's particularly contagious. It can be transmitted up to four weeks after the symptoms have gone.

It can resolve without antibiotics, but Professor Williamson says it can lead to hospitalisation for some groups....

https://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs/am/health-groups-urge-conservative-antibio...

'....can lead to hospitalisation for some groups.'

= = people with weak immune systems.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Victoria - gastro superbug which causes dysentery
Reply #1 - Apr 23rd, 2019 at 2:40pm

OK.

Islam to blame?

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #2 - Apr 23rd, 2019 at 2:46pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 23rd, 2019 at 2:40pm:

OK.

Islam to blame?

What has a gastro superbug got to do with ISLAM ?

bojack,

What is this fixation you have,    ...ISLAM, ISLAM, ISLAM !! ?

All the time, ISLAM.

Can't you give it a rest!

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #3 - Apr 23rd, 2019 at 2:48pm

Thanks Ringo

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Apr 23rd, 2019 at 9:35pm

It's a gift from the Sudanese.
Africans have more genetic DNA variation than any other race, with the San Bushmen containing the most.
Any vaccines based on White people's DNA count fails to combat the more complex African 'Bantu' strains of disease.

Fragile little isolated Australian eggshells.
Dependent on 'artificial' immunisation boosting, because they can't 'naturally' survive or 'fear' to find out  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #5 - Apr 23rd, 2019 at 10:18pm

Quote:

Antibiotic resistance is on the rise, and now a strain of a gastro bug has been found in Australia that can't be fought with traditional means of antibiotic treatment.

https://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs/am/health-groups-urge-conservative-antibio...

It is probably a 'good practice' these days,
          to use the complementary trolley handle wipes, that some supermarkets provide [found beside the lines of nested trolley's].

Just a thought.

There are a lot of 'exotic' bugs these days, just floating around [where people congregate], waiting for you to pick them up,
...and then pick your nose.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Apr 24th, 2019 at 1:41am

How do you kill Australians?

...just cough and sneeze on them.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #7 - Apr 24th, 2019 at 8:51am

Quote:

Confirming,      that thanks to the policies of the 'lovies', Australia is slowly but surely morphing into a 3rd world SH!T-HOLE COUNTRY.

Thank you 'lovies'.

Quote:

"IMO, if we join what is precious with what is vile, we do not in that act, 'improve' that which is vile.

We merely corrupt that which is precious.....

.....e.g.
I have two buckets.
The first bucket is full of clean, fresh water.
The second bucket is full of sewage.

Q.
If i pour both buckets into a third container, what do i get?

A.
A third container, full of diluted sewage.

Conclusion?
While i could safely drink from the 1st bucket, i could *not* safely drink from the 2nd bucket, or the 3rd container.

So it is with evil, that is 'tolerated' by good people.

No matter how many times we repeat the phrase, "Tolerance is good.",
...our tolerance of what is clearly evil, is not a virtue.

It is a process, a progression."

Sickness, moral, and spiritual....

Isaiah 52:11
Depart ye, depart ye, go ye out from thence, touch no unclean thing; go ye out of the midst of her; be ye clean, that bear the vessels of the LORD.

Jeremiah 15:18
Why is my pain perpetual, and my wound incurable, which refuseth to be healed? wilt thou be altogether unto me as a liar, and as waters that fail?
19  Therefore thus saith the LORD, If thou return, then will I bring thee again, and thou shalt stand before me: and if thou take forth the precious from the vile, thou shalt be as my mouth: let them return unto thee; but return not thou unto them.

« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2019 at 9:03am by Yadda »  

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #8 - Apr 24th, 2019 at 9:12am

Confirming,      that thanks to the policies of the 'lovies', Australia is slowly but surely morphing into a 3rd world SH!T-HOLE COUNTRY.

It was bound to come out at some time.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #9 - Apr 25th, 2019 at 11:50am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 24th, 2019 at 9:12am:

It was bound to come out at some time.

Our mission in life,      as Australians,      should be to make Australia like the New Jerusalem.

We should have high standards, and endeavour always, to keep the unworthy out of our nation, and, out of [separate from] our communities.

bojack,

Everyone probably aspires      to live in a 'space' [a country], which is peaceful, safe and prosperous.

aspires = = 'wants to'

A place, like the New Jerusalem.

Revelation 22:15
For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Choices.

Ours.

Consequences.

It isn't rocket science,      ....or pharmacology.

2 + 3 = 5      ....not 8 or 10 or 2.5

Again, our mission in life, as Australians, should be to want to make Australia like the New Jerusalem...

And if we fail, Australians can only blame themselves,      if Australia instead,
slowly but surely morphs into a 3rd world SH!T-HOLE COUNTRY.
.....and having the values and the standards and the circumstances and the sickness and the corruption and the crime rates,
which are found within any typical 3rd world SH!T-HOLE COUNTRY.

Quote:

"IMO, if we join what is precious with what is vile, we do not in that act, 'improve' that which is vile.

We merely corrupt that which is precious.....

.....e.g.
I have two buckets.
The first bucket is full of clean, fresh water.
The second bucket is full of sewage.

Q.
If i pour both buckets into a third container, what do i get?

A.
A third container, full of diluted sewage.

Conclusion?
While i could safely drink from the 1st bucket, i could *not* safely drink from the 2nd bucket, or the 3rd container.

So it is with evil, that is 'tolerated' by good people.

No matter how many times we repeat the phrase, "Tolerance is good.",
...our tolerance of what is clearly evil, is not a virtue.

It is a process, a progression."

Sickness, moral, and spiritual....

Isaiah 52:11
Depart ye, depart ye, go ye out from thence, touch no unclean thing; go ye out of the midst of her; be ye clean, that bear the vessels of the LORD.

Jeremiah 15:18
Why is my pain perpetual, and my wound incurable, which refuseth to be healed? wilt thou be altogether unto me as a liar, and as waters that fail?
19  Therefore thus saith the LORD, If thou return, then will I bring thee again, and thou shalt stand before me: and if thou take forth the precious from the vile, thou shalt be as my mouth: let them return unto thee; but return not thou unto them.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print