Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
FD, train your dogs! (Read 3429 times)
John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

FD, train your dogs!
Apr 20th, 2019 at 6:25pm

FD, when will you do something about your mods making up crap and banning people for no reason? This is the second time Set has banned me for not quoting the whole paragraph, and instead only quoting the relevant section that I was replying to. You clearly disagreed with him on his interpretation of the rules and yet you allowed my ban to continue

freediver wrote on Apr 15th, 2019 at 10:01pm:
Quote:
I should not have to is my point and how else am I to judge if your truncation is misrepresenting what they said? Why not just quote the whole sentence? Too hard?

I did not quote the whole sentence because it would have detracted from the point I was trying to make. Cutting it back made the post clear and concise. This is a good thing Set. I quoted the bit that was a lie and told Gnads it was a lie. As you can see from the posts from Gnads and Lee since then, it was still too complicated for them.

FYI, if you replace the and in the sentence with a full stop, you get two sentences with the same meaning and both are made clearer.

Either way, if someone told you I misrepresented the original statement, they lied to you. Would it be fair to describe that person as a climate skeptic?

Will you do anything about it or not? What assurance do members have that your mods won't continue to make up crap and ban people just to feed their ego's?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Re: FD, train your dogs!
Reply #1 - Apr 20th, 2019 at 6:35pm

Setanta has lost the plot and senile dementia is evident. He is currently fantasizing about having Chinese in the family as a counter to his racism and bigotry.

Setanta has also fantasized publicly about using his anus gas to subdue his Ozpolitic antagonists.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #2 - Apr 20th, 2019 at 9:16pm

John Smith wrote on Apr 20th, 2019 at 6:25pm:
FD, when will you do something about your mods making up crap and banning people for no reason? This is the second time Set has banned me for not quoting the whole paragraph, and instead only quoting the relevant section that I was replying to. You clearly disagreed with him on his interpretation of the rules and yet you allowed my ban to continue

Quote:
I should not have to is my point and how else am I to judge if your truncation is misrepresenting what they said? Why not just quote the whole sentence? Too hard?

I did not quote the whole sentence because it would have detracted from the point I was trying to make. Cutting it back made the post clear and concise. This is a good thing Set. I quoted the bit that was a lie and told Gnads it was a lie. As you can see from the posts from Gnads and Lee since then, it was still too complicated for them.

FYI, if you replace the and in the sentence with a full stop, you get two sentences with the same meaning and both are made clearer.

Either way, if someone told you I misrepresented the original statement, they lied to you. Would it be fair to describe that person as a climate skeptic?

Will you do anything about it or not? What assurance do members have that your mods won't continue to make up crap and ban people just to feed their ego's?

Not quoting the whole sentence, if you don't mind John, there is no compunction to quote a whole paragraph. As FD cannot decide on this issue I will no longer be enforcing it and my guess is it's dead but we'll wait and see. I certainly won't be enforcing it from here on if FD does not follow.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #3 - Apr 20th, 2019 at 9:18pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Apr 20th, 2019 at 6:35pm:
Setanta has lost the plot and senile dementia is evident. He is currently fantasizing about having Chinese in the family as a counter to his racism and bigotry.

Setanta has also fantasized publicly about using his anus gas to subdue his Ozpolitic antagonists.

And you are asking to be banned from feedback.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Apr 20th, 2019 at 11:49pm

How divine.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Apr 20th, 2019 at 11:50pm

Setanta wrote on Apr 20th, 2019 at 9:18pm:

BAN THEM.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #6 - Apr 21st, 2019 at 12:59am

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 20th, 2019 at 11:50pm:
Setanta wrote on Apr 20th, 2019 at 9:18pm:

BAN THEM.

There are rules about posing in feedback. Starting bitchfights is likely to get you banned. Bitch about me elsewhere.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Apr 21st, 2019 at 3:51pm

Setanta wrote on Apr 20th, 2019 at 9:16pm:

Quote:

Not quoting the whole sentence, if you don't mind John, there is no compunction to quote a whole paragraph. As FD cannot decide on this issue I will no longer be enforcing it and my guess is it's dead but we'll wait and see. I certainly won't be enforcing it from here on if FD does not follow.

You were told you were in the wrong by me. You had ample evidence that FD obviously didn't agree with you based on his posts..... and still you banned me? Instead of playing the hero with the ban button why didn't you clarify the rule with FD behind scenes, before banning people?

Then to top it off, when FD spelt it out for you publicly in plain English you still left my ban to stand despite being told you were wrong.

You don't deserve to be a moderator, you let your ego make your decisions for you rather than your brain. If FD had any decency he'd fire you on the spot.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #8 - Apr 21st, 2019 at 6:10pm

John Smith wrote on Apr 21st, 2019 at 3:51pm:
Setanta wrote on Apr 20th, 2019 at 9:16pm:

Quote:

You were told you were in the wrong by me. You had ample evidence that FD obviously didn't agree with you based on his posts..... and still you banned me? Instead of playing the hero with the ban button why didn't you clarify the rule with FD behind scenes, before banning people?

Then to top it off, when FD spelt it out for you publicly in plain English you still left my ban to stand despite being told you were wrong.

You don't deserve to be a moderator, you let your ego make your decisions for you rather than your brain. If FD had any decency he'd fire you on the spot.

I was not in the wrong. FD could have put his two bob in that thread at any time and chose not to. There were discussions about editing, shortening other's posts by mods and that thread was the result. The only reason I am no longer enforcing it is because I cannot enforce it on FD therefore it's not fair.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Apr 21st, 2019 at 6:14pm

Setanta wrote on Apr 21st, 2019 at 6:10pm:
I was not in the wrong

FD says otherwise. He is still the one who decides what the rules are right? Or perhaps I am mistaken and you now decide what the rules are? Cheesy Cheesy

Quote:

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Apr 21st, 2019 at 6:15pm

The only reason I am no longer enforcing it is because I cannot enforce it on FD therefore it's not fair.

and when that was pointed out to you multiple time, you still persisted with the bans.

funny how suddenly it's a convenient excuse.

I stand by my comment that you are not fit to be a moderator.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #11 - Apr 21st, 2019 at 6:20pm

John Smith wrote on Apr 21st, 2019 at 6:15pm:
The only reason I am no longer enforcing it is because I cannot enforce it on FD therefore it's not fair.

and when that was pointed out to you multiple time, you still persisted with the bans.

funny how suddenly it's a convenient excuse.

I stand by my comment that you are not fit to be a moderator.

You are welcome to your opinion.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #12 - Apr 21st, 2019 at 6:22pm

Setanta:

Quote:

That is 100% fact.

Well after you openly admonished FD for breaching the 'Rule,' you banned Mr Smith at least twice for being in 'breach' of it.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #13 - Apr 21st, 2019 at 7:09pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 21st, 2019 at 6:22pm:
Setanta:

Quote:

That is 100% fact.

Well after you openly admonished FD for breaching the 'Rule,' you banned Mr Smith at least twice for being in 'breach' of it.

Of course I did. Why should I not? The rule had been explained multiple times and he chose to ignore it, told me he intended to ignore it as he did not recognise it as a rule. Stuff all to do with FD breaking it.

You sure you have your timeline in order there Aussie? I admonished FD during Mimo's last suspension, about half way through.
What FD does though is not the point, he cannot be banned for obvious reasons. You whining few need to go look after your own board rather than make demands here.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #14 - Apr 21st, 2019 at 7:21pm

Couple of issues there Setanta.

1.  Where did Mr Smith tell you he intended to ignore it?  I do hope it was not in a PM.

2.  Yes you did admonish FD 'half way' through Mr Smith's  most recent ban at your hands for breaching that Rule, but that was not the first time you did it.  You well knew that FD was defying a Rule you were banning a Member (one you don't like) for and you did it twice.  Go and look in the Logs.  The record will be there.

3.  When you fart, is it perfume?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print