Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bob Brown To Lead Anti-Adani Convoy (Read 1660 times)
whiteknight
Gold Member

Australian Politics

melbourne
Bob Brown To Lead Anti-Adani Convoy
Apr 14th, 2019 at 10:20am

Bob Brown to lead anti-Adani convoy   Smiley

April 11 
Canberra Times

Veteran conservationist Bob Brown will lead a convoy of hundreds of anti-Adani protesters to rally against its proposed coal mine in Queensland.   Smiley

Next Wednesday the protesters will set off from Hobart and spend two weeks winding their way up the east coast to Bowen, where coal dug from the Sunshine State is shipped across the globe.

The former Greens leader compared the anti-Adani movement to a nationwide action he led against the Franklin Dam in Tasmania in the 1980s - a battle eventually won by conservationists.

"This is the biggest environmental, heritage, indigenous and lifestyle issue I have seen come along in decades in Australia," he said.

"It's galvanising people everywhere."

Convoy numbers are expected to swell as it snakes its way up the east coast of Australia, holding protest rallies in major centres along the way.   Smiley

The convoy is expected to arrive in Clermont on April 28, where they plan to stage their main event. Clermont is the last major population centre before the proposed mine site, which about 160km northwest of the town.

Mr Brown said the convoy had two main aims.

"The first is to save the Great Barrier Reef from destruction due to the burning of the massive coal deposit Gautam Adani wants to exploit.

"The second is to bring hundreds of visitors on a tour which will leave small businesses better off all along the way."

Mr Brown said the federal Environment Minister Melissa Price gave go-ahead on the Adani mine "without integrity, sincerity or responsibility to Earth's future"   Sad

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Bob Brown To Lead Anti-Adani Convoy
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2019 at 10:25am

Unfortunately for Bob Brown
pragmatism is against him.

Coal is our biggest money earner.

IP Logged

whiteknight
Gold Member

Australian Politics

melbourne
Reply #2 - Apr 14th, 2019 at 10:33am

One should ask the question, what is more important.  Coal or our environment.  Yes good on Bob Brown.  We Should be fading our use of coal out.   Sad   

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Apr 14th, 2019 at 11:00am

whiteknight wrote on Apr 14th, 2019 at 10:33am:
One should ask the question, what is more important.  Coal or our environment.  Yes good on Bob Brown.  We Should be fading our use of coal out.   Sad   

I love how we export 80% of the coal that we dig up and then talk about meeting the Paris agreement. It's a joke right ?

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #4 - Apr 14th, 2019 at 3:00pm

This is what the Greens should be doing. Not all the BS about open slather immigration, universal dole, and hamstring our military.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print