Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The tide of toxic PC fascism (Read 3346 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The tide of toxic PC fascism
Apr 13th, 2019 at 6:52pm

Universities are bastions of toxic PC fascism.

Australia is not far behind. The Festival of Dangerous Ideas is an orgy of PC fascist group think. Universities are not bastions of of free and fearless inquiry and debate. Self-censorship is everywhere.
You cannot teach a course on the great books of Western civilisation at an Australian university because the very idea of the great books of Western civilisation is deemed wacist and supwemacist.
You can have any number of Chinese and African and Asian and Muslim/Arab Studies Centres, of course.  Just not Western.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The tide of toxic PC fascism
Reply #1 - Apr 13th, 2019 at 8:12pm

Frank wrote on Apr 13th, 2019 at 6:52pm:

Australia is not far behind. The Festival of Dangerous Ideas is an orgy of PC fascist group think. Universities are not bastions of of free and fearless inquiry and debate. Self-censorship is everywhere.
You cannot teach a course on the great books of Western civilisation at an Australian university because the very idea of the great books of Western civilisation is deemed wacist and supwemacist.
You can have any number of Chinese and African and Asian and Muslim/Arab Studies Centres, of course.  Just not Western.

Quite so, dear boy, but I'm curious. Are you saying Western history, philosophy and ideas are not taught at Australian universities?

Are you saying Western thinkers are banned for being wacist and supwemacist?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Apr 13th, 2019 at 8:58pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 13th, 2019 at 8:12pm:

Quite so, dear boy, but I'm curious. Are you saying Western history, philosophy and ideas are not taught at Australian universities?

Can you not read, slobbering old gay Vietnam vet? Can you not understand what I said in my post?

Which bit eludes your tiny, partisan, blinkered, jizz-addled mind - if mind is the word I want in your case. You are confused all your life, I get it. What are you confused about in this particular instance?

Acting like a mong is not an argument, Paki. Don't pursue it.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Apr 13th, 2019 at 9:50pm

Frank wrote on Apr 13th, 2019 at 8:58pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 13th, 2019 at 8:12pm:

Can you not read, slobbering old gay Vietnam vet? Can you not understand what I said in my post?

Which bit eludes your tiny, partisan, blinkered, jizz-addled mind - if mind is the word I want in your case. You are confused all your life, I get it. What are you confused about in this particular instance?

Acting like a mong is not an argument, Paki. Don't pursue it.

No need to explain, old boy, we understand. You feel a compelling need to virtue-signal your poor white victimhood to us all, it's perfectly understandable. You feel threatened, you poor thing.

You attended the prestigious University of Balogney, no?

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #4 - Apr 13th, 2019 at 10:16pm

Agree.

As a culture, we've 'lost our way', ideologically.

We care more, about 'the feelings' of others today,     than we do, about having a love and respect for truth.

It is a WRONG path.

ideology = =
1 a system of ideas and ideals forming the basis of an economic or political theory.     the set of beliefs characteristic of a social group or individual.
2 the study of the origin and nature of ideas.

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1554109064/3#3
Quote:

The UK, Australia, NZ, the U.S.A., are nations which were strongly influenced by Judeo-Christian values.

customer review at amazon....
Quote:

Ryan P. Darrow
5.0 out of 5 starsShapiro Does it Again
March 19, 2019
Format: HardcoverVerified Purchase

The Right Side of History is historically accurate and philosophically consistent.

It stays on the academic and logical side of the delicate balance between patriotic nationalism for no other reason than ‘Merica and a reasonable argument that indeed (as he contends in the book),

“As a society, we are forgetting that almost everything great that has ever happened in history happened because of people who believe in both Judeo-Christian values and the Greek-born power of reason.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/RI3JN1LSTQBY8/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?...

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 4:05pm

leftards care about the feelings of those who are opposed to the evil white western christians who are advancing with the times, but are still responsible for everybody elses' problem.

leftard social engineering has been our past, if it rules in the future, things look very bleak indeed.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #6 - Apr 18th, 2019 at 3:42pm

Australian universities are choc full of programs, courses and units on all manner of western culture.

Anyone who claims that western culture is somehow being repressed at Australian universities clearly has never been to one.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Apr 18th, 2019 at 4:54pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Apr 18th, 2019 at 3:42pm:
Australian universities are choc full of programs, courses and units on all manner of western culture.

Anyone who claims that western culture is somehow being repressed at Australian universities clearly has never been to one.

That can't be right. The old boy's saying that's banned. You're not allowed to talk about Western ideas anymore, G, so unfair.

I believe the only university in the world that teaches our proud and noble traditions is the old boy's alma mater, the prestigious University of Balogney.

You need really good marks to get in, obviously.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Apr 18th, 2019 at 5:41pm

I am sure Enid Blyton has been banned in our places of learning..... Sad..

and havent they expelled   men and womens toilets??...last I heard we cant even say her or him anymore.. and yes gandy that is Western culture.

its done so sneaky you dont even notice it happening.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Apr 18th, 2019 at 6:11pm

Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin   Allah willing, innit.  Well, you obviously haven't been near any in the last 40 years.

You are obviously unaware of the PC fascists manouverings against the Great Books courses that the Ramsay Foundation has left millions for but academics at every university resist it on the grounds that teaching the great books of Western Civilisation is wacist, sexist, opwessive, colonialist, white and all the usual PC fascist shibboleths.
https://campusmorningmail.com.au/?s=Ramsay

But never any issue with Chinese, Muslim or Asian study centres or courses. How much money did UTS get from that Chinese businessman/Communist Party cadre after whom they even named the crumpled paper bag building in Ultimo. And at USyd the Chau Chak Wing Museum, no less.

Also, Huang Xiangmo, now barred from returning to Australia: the 46-year-old, who also goes by his legal name Huang Changran, gave $1.8 million to establish the Australia-China Relations Institute at the University of Technology Sydney, helmed by former foreign minister and NSW premier Bob Carr, and another $1 million to the Children's Medical Research Institute at Westmead. In December, he pledged $3.5 million for an Australia-China Institute for Arts and Culture at Western Sydney University.
Did the NTEU and lefty academics snarl about this? Of course not. That would be wacist.

Not even the sciences are immune.  University management is deeply infected. The case of JCU v Prof Ridd shows just how prevalent PC group think is at our universities.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Apr 18th, 2019 at 6:56pm

Exactly. And they get Darkie to teach spear-throwing in all the humanities courses.

English literature, Western philosophy, European history, arts and architecture, the lot. All taught by some illiterate Boong who can't even throw a spear anymore because of his "disability".

I say, old boy, have you ever thought of moving to - oh, I don't know - Denmark?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #11 - Apr 24th, 2019 at 8:06pm

Frank wrote on Apr 18th, 2019 at 6:11pm:
You are obviously unaware of the PC fascists manouverings against the Great Books courses that the Ramsay Foundation has left millions for but academics at every university resist it on the grounds that teaching the great books of Western Civilisation is wacist, sexist, opwessive, colonialist, white and all the usual PC fascist shibboleths.

Fake news. Universities were rejecting it on academic freedom grounds - as Ramsay was insisting that their own staff chair and vote on the universities' own academic boards, thus clearly undermining the universities' independence. As it turns out, as soon as they dropped that demand, lo and behold a university accepted them:
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/dec/17/ramsay-centre-finds-home-...

You only have to spend 5 minutes looking at the course offerings of literally any major Australian university to see that everything the Ramsay foundation wants taught, is being taught in spades - and more.

And the ironic part here is, if Australian universities have had to cut back on their western culture offerings, it can be traced directly back to the Howard government's cuts in the 90s. You know, that great warrior fighting all things PC?

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Apr 24th, 2019 at 8:57pm

Not putting them into paid employment though

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Apr 24th, 2019 at 9:09pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Apr 24th, 2019 at 8:06pm:
Frank wrote on Apr 18th, 2019 at 6:11pm:

Fake news. Universities were rejecting it on academic freedom grounds - as Ramsay was insisting that their own staff chair and vote on the universities' own academic boards, thus clearly undermining the universities' independence. As it turns out, as soon as they dropped that demand, lo and behold a university accepted them:
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/dec/17/ramsay-centre-finds-home-...

You only have to spend 5 minutes looking at the course offerings of literally any major Australian university to see that everything the Ramsay foundation wants taught, is being taught in spades - and more.

And the ironic part here is, if Australian universities have had to cut back on their western culture offerings, it can be traced directly back to the Howard government's cuts in the 90s. You know, that great warrior fighting all things PC?

Complete nonsense, sourced from the Granuiad, of course.   Thee academic freedom ruse is totally bollocks. Read any of the objections and you will see that they are all about 'wace' and 'colonialism and the rest of the ignorant load of PC bolshie crap that is rolled out every time someone is not prepared to blame all the evil in the world on the West.

The tendentious stupidity of the large - VAST- majority of 'humanities' academics is staggering. And because they are such a vast majority in every public university humanities department, they think they are somehow the norm (dread word for them in every other context, of course!)

These Frankfurt School fools are apoplectic about anyone wanting to teach history, philosophy, literature without any but passing reference to the Frankfurt School of Neo-Marxist Revival post-1989.  The stupidity of most humanities academics is staggering. They had no real education after '68 and they are foisting their idiocies onto the next generation. Their march through the institutions, proposed by Gramsci, is complete.

IP Logged

Jasin

Reply #14 - Apr 25th, 2019 at 9:36am

Interesting clip. He worked them well.

Poor downtrodden Convict Australians - the victimhood of oppression by the Evil British sends them crawling on all fours to the USA for a lifestyle of ...too much Freedom, on their hands. Roll Eyes

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print