Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Is the government representative of the electorate (Read 5239 times)
Spatchcock

Australian Politics

Is the government representative of the electorate
Apr 12th, 2019 at 12:33pm

So here we have the government deporting a family because one of their children costs the health service money.

Is this something you can agree with? Like I can understand the medical treatment costs money.

I can also understand this is a person. Is a person only a statistic and has a value based on government budgets?

Can you support this?

Are you concerned about your taxes? If so, is this frustration at being a full time worker and not enjoying having to work to survive and are trying to reclaim some lost power or dignity by asserting your outrage over "your" finances?

Because really this has nothing to do with your finances. Day to day nothing changes.

Meanwhile expenses are made for fighter jets, submarines, navy ships, new army vehicles etc.

Which are used to kill... And this is a priority spending for the government.

Whereas this funding is to provide better quality of life for a family and the community...... Which is not acceptable.

So anyway, does the government represent you? Or are they a different breed? Are they genetically predisposed to holding a temperament that is far removed from what is normal?

Quote:
Family fears deportation because their 11yo son deemed a 'burden' to taxpayers

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-12/family-facing-deportation-because-son-tax...

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Is the government representative of the electorate
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2019 at 12:43pm

The family has been out here for 5 years and their autistic son is 11 years old? Did they know before coming that this scenario would affect their migration status? Did they see Australia as a gravy train from the start? They've been out here for 5 years which means they've put hardly anything into the country and in return expect $100,000's worth the treatment?

IP Logged

Spatchcock

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Apr 12th, 2019 at 1:17pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 12th, 2019 at 12:43pm:
The family has been out here for 5 years and their autistic son is 11 years old? Did they know before coming that this scenario would affect their migration status? Did they see Australia as a gravy train from the start? They've been out here for 5 years which means they've put hardly anything into the country and in return expect $100,000's worth the treatment?

But I thought we spent billions sending Australians to die in Afghanistan to make a better life for Afghans.

So what's wrong with a few thousand for an autistic kid and his family to have better lives? They're all people.

Unless the claims in Afghanistan were misrepresented in order to get public support (see: electoral interference) for war because otherwise it was unpalatable and the government just wanted to play with their toy soldiers and needed a convincing story.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Apr 12th, 2019 at 1:20pm

Spatchcock wrote on Apr 12th, 2019 at 1:17pm:

But I thought we spent billions sending Australians to die in Afghanistan to make a better life for Afghans.

So what's wrong with a few thousand for an autistic kid and his family to have better lives? They're all people.

Unless the claims in Afghanistan were misrepresented in order to get public support (see: electoral interference) for war because otherwise it was unpalatable and the government just wanted to play with their toy soldiers and needed a convincing story.

We weren't going to afghan until Bali.
Make of that what you will but Australia told the US to piss off until the Bali bombings event. Then little Johnny climbed back up Georges arse. 

IP Logged

Spatchcock

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Apr 12th, 2019 at 1:22pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Apr 12th, 2019 at 1:20pm:
Spatchcock wrote on Apr 12th, 2019 at 1:17pm:

We weren't going to afghan until Bali.
Make of that what you will but Australia told the US to piss off until the Bali bombings event. Then little Johnny climbed back up Georges arse. 

Why are you discrediting this entire website by posting blatantly false and easily checked information?

Australia had troops in Afghanistan in 2001. The Bali bombings were in 2002.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Apr 12th, 2019 at 5:40pm

Spatchcock wrote on Apr 12th, 2019 at 12:33pm:
So here we have the government deporting a family because one of their children costs the health service money.

Is this something you can agree with? Like I can understand the medical treatment costs money.

I can also understand this is a person. Is a person only a statistic and has a value based on government budgets?

Can you support this?

Are you concerned about your taxes? If so, is this frustration at being a full time worker and not enjoying having to work to survive and are trying to reclaim some lost power or dignity by asserting your outrage over "your" finances?

Because really this has nothing to do with your finances. Day to day nothing changes.

Meanwhile expenses are made for fighter jets, submarines, navy ships, new army vehicles etc.

Whereas this funding is to provide better quality of life for a family and the community...... Which is not acceptable.

So anyway, does the government represent you? Or are they a different breed? Are they genetically predisposed to holding a temperament that is far removed from what is normal?

Quote:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-12/family-facing-deportation-because-son-tax...

It's also important to note that the family have offered to cover all the medical costs, so they won't actually cost the govt. anything.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Apr 12th, 2019 at 5:52pm

John Smith wrote on Apr 12th, 2019 at 5:40pm:

Can you support this?

Quote:

It's also important to note that the family have offered to cover all the medical costs, so they won't actually cost the govt. anything.

Yeah. How?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Apr 12th, 2019 at 5:57pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 12th, 2019 at 5:52pm:

Can you support this?

Quote:

Yeah. How?

they both have jobs as well as running their own business.

This is the sort of person we should be encouraging to stay.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Apr 12th, 2019 at 6:00pm

John Smith wrote on Apr 12th, 2019 at 5:57pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 12th, 2019 at 5:52pm:

Can you support this?

Quote:

Yeah. How?

they both have jobs as well as running their own business.

This is the sort of person we should be encouraging to stay.

Get them to sign a contract. What happens if one of them carcs it or their business goes under?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Apr 12th, 2019 at 6:14pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 12th, 2019 at 6:00pm:
Get them to sign a contract. What happens if one of them carcs it or their business goes under?

I have no problem with them been asked to sign.
As for your speculation, two can play that game .... what happens if one of them wins $600m on lottoland?  Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Apr 12th, 2019 at 6:16pm

John Smith wrote on Apr 12th, 2019 at 6:14pm:

As for your speculation, two can play that game .... what happens if one of them wins $600m on lottoland?  Cheesy Cheesy

I'll slide down a 200 ft razor blade using my balls as brakes.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Apr 12th, 2019 at 6:27pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 12th, 2019 at 6:16pm:
John Smith wrote on Apr 12th, 2019 at 6:14pm:

I'll slide down a 200 ft razor blade using my balls as brakes.

you better hope they don't win then  Grin Grin Grin

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Spatchcock

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Apr 12th, 2019 at 6:33pm

If they get sent back to the Philippines there are less supports for them.

The whole family suffers not just the autistic kid.

We can provide for them.

Why shouldn't we?

Why are you outraged?

Does it have something to do with the indignation of having to work your whole life and lay tax?

Does bombing little brown girls make you feel like a man again?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #13 - Apr 12th, 2019 at 6:35pm

Can you support this?

Quote:

Are you suggesting we create a second class citizenship status especially for them?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Apr 12th, 2019 at 7:06pm

It's right up there with those who get injured on their weekend sports game or night bender who sneak into work 'carrying' their injury (and if you can 'carry' an injury, then you are fit to work!) , fake an accident and go on compo.  Roll Eyes

Spongers & Bludgers.  Roll Eyes

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print