Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Jailed for Blasphemy Indonesia (Read 2446 times)
Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Jailed for Blasphemy Indonesia
Apr 10th, 2019 at 10:42pm

I guess this is the so called moderate islam the Saudis chop your head off  Iran hangs blasphemers.

Quote:
Indonesian Buddhist woman's blasphemy conviction upheld

- Indonesia's Supreme Court has upheld an 18-month jail sentence for a 44-year-old Buddhist woman convicted last year on blasphemy charges.

Meiliana's conviction last August stemmed from a complaint filed after she was accused of making remarks against mosque loudspeakers in the city of Tanjung Balai in North Sumatra nearly three years ago.
Her lawyer Ranto Sibarani said that his client was a "victim of a hoax," denying she made those remarks.

"There is no evidence that she committed blasphemy. This hoax spread in the course of a week and ruined a woman's life in the process," Sibarani told Al Jazeera.
"Today's decision is very dangerous because in the future it means that people can spread false information which will lead to wrongful convictions under the blasphemy law."

More here- https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/04/indonesian-buddhist-woman-blasphemy-convi...

We should cut foreign aid to Indonesia why do we give them $300 million a year?

« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2019 at 10:57pm by Baronvonrort »  

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Re: Jailed for Blaspehmy Indonesia
Reply #1 - Apr 10th, 2019 at 10:57pm

The concept of blasphemy is itself indecent and an affront to any intelligent person. That Muzlums still persecute and prosecute people under such laws, should be a wake-up call to our Progressive Leftists who defend them.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Jailed for Blasphemy Indonesia
Reply #2 - Apr 10th, 2019 at 11:10pm

You give $300 million a year to Indonesia because Australia is a weak Gay nation.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Apr 10th, 2019 at 11:20pm

The Indonesians are still very primitive and rely on gods.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #4 - Apr 11th, 2019 at 7:04am

Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 10th, 2019 at 10:42pm:
I guess this is the so called moderate islam the Saudis chop your head off  Iran hangs blasphemers.

Quote:

- Indonesia's Supreme Court has upheld an 18-month jail sentence for a 44-year-old Buddhist woman convicted last year on blasphemy charges.

Meiliana's conviction last August stemmed from a complaint filed after she was accused of making remarks against mosque loudspeakers in the city of Tanjung Balai in North Sumatra nearly three years ago.
Her lawyer Ranto Sibarani said that his client was a "victim of a hoax," denying she made those remarks.

"There is no evidence that she committed blasphemy. This hoax spread in the course of a week and ruined a woman's life in the process," Sibarani told Al Jazeera.
"Today's decision is very dangerous because in the future it means that people can spread false information which will lead to wrongful convictions under the blasphemy law."

More here- https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/04/indonesian-buddhist-woman-blasphemy-convi...

According to Gandalf, Indonesia is the "exemplar" Muslim majority nation and a healthy free market of ideas on the interpretation of Islam.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #5 - Apr 11th, 2019 at 9:14am

freediver wrote on Apr 11th, 2019 at 7:04am:

Quote:

According to Gandalf,       Indonesia is the "exemplar" Muslim majority nation and a healthy free market of ideas on the interpretation of Islam.

That is correct.

And i am not aware that gandalf has recanted, on that assertion yet.

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1552398731/4#4

But we must allow, that gandalf also practices a peaceful form of ISLAM, which is tolerant, and progressive.

Seriously.

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1418703040/1#1

But the BIG question for me, is,         are the precepts of gandalf's peaceful form of ISLAM,
formulated upon the sunnah of Mohammed, and from the writings in the inerrant Koran ???

I guess there are some questions which will always remain unanswered.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #6 - Apr 11th, 2019 at 9:24am

Quote:

According to Gandalf, Indonesia is the "exemplar" Muslim majority nation and a healthy free market of ideas on the interpretation of Islam.

There should be no such thing  as religious crime.

It's the thought police at work.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Apr 11th, 2019 at 9:11pm

Quote:

G merely quoted your Pew Survey, FD. You know, what Muslims themselves think.

You?

Don't answer that.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #8 - Apr 11th, 2019 at 9:21pm

18 months jail for saying turn it down!!

Oh Islam!

IBI

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #9 - Apr 12th, 2019 at 8:00am

And every year, they let more of them in.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Apr 12th, 2019 at 8:44am

issuevoter wrote on Apr 12th, 2019 at 8:00am:

We just have to accept our fate

We're stuck out in the ocean, surrounded by people of radically different beliefs

Geographically, Australia is huge.  Dum dums overseas think that translates to big population good

We could be overtaken in half an hour and everyone knows it

no one able to assist

Our future has been written.  We make like grass in the parable -- either bend with the wind to survive, or resist and be destroyed

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Apr 12th, 2019 at 11:09am

PZ547 wrote on Apr 12th, 2019 at 8:44am:
issuevoter wrote on Apr 12th, 2019 at 8:00am:

We just have to accept our fate

We're stuck out in the ocean, surrounded by people of radically different beliefs

Geographically, Australia is huge.  Dum dums overseas think that translates to big population good

We could be overtaken in half an hour and everyone knows it

no one able to assist

Our future has been written.  We make like grass in the parable -- either bend with the wind to survive, or resist and be destroyed

I can't think of anything more relevant to Indonesia's blasphemy laws, PZ.

Carpetbomb them.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #12 - Apr 12th, 2019 at 12:13pm

Karnal's carpet bombing is facetious. It is a Muzlum and continually attempts to muddy the waters with similar statements.

An objective place to start on the subject, might be to stopped feeding the Australian public the falsehood that Indonesia is our friend.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Apr 12th, 2019 at 12:56pm

issuevoter wrote on Apr 12th, 2019 at 12:13pm:
Karnal's carpet bombing is facetious. It is a Muzlum and continually attempts to muddy the waters with similar statements.

An objective place to start on the subject, might be to stopped feeding the Australian public the falsehood that Indonesia is our friend.

Exactly. Instruct the public that Indonesians are the enemy.

Objective, no?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #14 - Apr 12th, 2019 at 6:29pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 11th, 2019 at 9:11pm:

Quote:

G merely quoted your Pew Survey, FD. You know, what Muslims themselves think.

You?

Don't answer that.

gsi2-chp1-8.png (17 KB | 18 )
gsi2-chp1-8.png

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print