Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Stating the Obvious
Reply #75 - Aug 10th, 2020 at 1:48am

Simon Glasser

(NSW Police Det Insp)

"It's quite concerning"

(Re: Two males with hunting knife and axe rob Westmead store)

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #76 - Aug 18th, 2020 at 7:33pm

Daniel Andrews

(Premier of Victoria)

"It's nothing short of shameful"

(Re: Police officer thrown through air and hits parked car face first, caused by offender resisting arrest by reversing his car and smashing it into parked cars before driving off)

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #77 - Nov 21st, 2020 at 2:54am

Jason Pietruszka

(Det Insp NSW Police)

"It's quite disgraceful"

(Re: Uber Eats driver, 19, robbed at knifepoint by a bearded Middle Eastern man in a terrifying carjacking outside a Sydney home. Phone, wallet and car stolen)

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #78 - Nov 21st, 2020 at 1:12pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Nov 21st, 2020 at 2:54am:
Jason Pietruszka

(Det Insp NSW Police)

"It's quite disgraceful"

(Re: Uber Eats driver, 19, robbed at knifepoint by a bearded Middle Eastern man in a terrifying carjacking outside a Sydney home. Phone, wallet and car stolen)

There's a new wave of Criminals entering Australia and the tired old British Criminals are finding it tough to compete.
Also, the Religion of Islam is much like Aboriginal Culture: the both worship the Holy and Sacred 'Land' as the foundation of their way of lives. Both point to Africa.
This is why Moslems will succeed here, like Jews in the USA. They're not here to outbreed. They're here to 'Empower' their Religion at the top of the pyramid.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #79 - Jan 1st, 2021 at 5:04pm

Adrian Alston

(NSW Det Act Insp)

"Yeah I find it unacceptable for that sort of thing to happen"

(Re: A large group of people of Islander appearance of varying ages, both male and female descend on a car stopped at red lights and break front and rear windows, jump on car denting it, also punching driver of Asian appearance till blood was showing. Road-rage argument started in a McDonald's driveway at Liverpool in western Sydney with the car escaping only to be stopped by a red light, then Islanders ran after it. Car was in the middle lane when attacked. The whole "unacceptable" event was video'd)

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #80 - Jan 6th, 2021 at 8:05pm

Natalie Antaw

(Acting Commander of the Orana Mid-Western Police District)

"(It is) a tragic incident involving young children which always makes it that much more difficult."

(Re: Two young boys killed in an alleged hit-and-run by an unlicensed driver in Dubbo NSW. Drugs were found)

(A witness stated that the car was speeding up and down the street and "chucking wheelies")

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #81 - Jan 6th, 2021 at 8:37pm

It was pretty obvious to Biden that his wife is 'Joe' and Kamala is the President Elect.  Grin Grin Grin

...being there.  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #82 - Jan 24th, 2021 at 9:05am

Obvious? What is obvious is this thread has no place in a forum section titled Philosophy. What is it about a large percentage of posters on this forum that makes them incapable of understanding the meaning of such terms? Lack of eduction, blatant stupidity or both?

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #83 - Jan 24th, 2021 at 10:54am

What i think is obvious is that this is the most boring and pointless thread on this forum

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #84 - Jan 24th, 2021 at 10:07pm

Ayn Marx wrote on Jan 24th, 2021 at 9:05am:
Obvious? What is obvious is this thread has no place in a forum section titled Philosophy. What is it about a large percentage of posters on this forum that makes them incapable of understanding the meaning of such terms? Lack of eduction, blatant stupidity or both?

Stating the obvious could be viewed as being "negative" dialogue. Opportunities to say something constructive and more informative are lost, and stating the obvious often means policies are not thoroughly thought out and the pressure of an interview brings out clichés and statements that seem more than obvious to the audience, they're not only a waste of oxygen, they can also be vote losers

It's an easy way out when the interviewee is suffering brain fade and can't sustain intelligent dialogue.

Partisanship of course knows no "negatives", only "positives" from their particular group's dynamics, but for neutral spectators observing from the sidelines, watching people state the obvious is hilarious and only lowers the status of interviewee

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #85 - Jan 24th, 2021 at 10:28pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Jan 24th, 2021 at 10:54am:
What i think is obvious is that this is the most boring and pointless thread on this forum

Yet you've posted 10 messages in this thread from early 2019 - can't be that boring and pointless. But you're welcome to post elsewhere if you wish

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #86 - Jan 26th, 2021 at 12:00pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Jan 24th, 2021 at 10:28pm:
The_Barnacle wrote on Jan 24th, 2021 at 10:54am:

Yet you've posted 10 messages in this thread from early 2019 - can't be that boring and pointless. But you're welcome to post elsewhere if you wish

10 posts in 2 years
I would hardly call that a ringing endorsement.

What is obvious is that for the last 2 years you have cherry picked people and issues that you've had an axe to grind against.
This thread isn't about stating the obvious. This is just another thinly veiled attempt by you to push your biggoted agenda on the philosophy forum.
I really don't know why you bother when there are so many other forums you could post this crap on

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #87 - Jan 26th, 2021 at 5:01pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Jan 26th, 2021 at 12:00pm:
10 posts in 2 years
I would hardly call that a ringing endorsement.

You have been the third most prolific poster in this thread with your eleven posts, you just posted the eleventh, a grossly insulting post I might add

The second most prolific poster is Jasin with only one more post than you, so far

What is obvious is that for the last 2 years you have cherry picked people and issues that you've had an axe to grind against.

Cherry picked?, I've cherry picked nothing, I've posted statements from people in various professions and wonder why they say them. Perhaps you just don't like me doing that, and that would be your problem, not mine

This thread isn't about stating the obvious. This is just another thinly veiled attempt by you to push your biggoted agenda on the philosophy forum.

You like making things up from the voices in your head do you? The mere fact that you keep trolling like that means you may have an agenda, self appointed moderator

I've noticed that in your posts in this thread, you've picked on only people from the conservative side of politics stating the obvious, conservatives only - part of your agenda too?

I have posted statements from all sides, where you get "bigoted agenda" from, I don't know

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #88 - Feb 17th, 2021 at 10:09am

Daniel Andrews

(Premier of Victoria)

"Everyone wants this to be over"

(Re: Talking about Coronavirus on ABC News 24)

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #89 - Feb 17th, 2021 at 10:25am

Frank wrote on Oct 7th, 2019 at 9:37am:

An amusing 'counterfactual' found at Frank's link.....

Quote:

I was here at Maine Road when City lost 4-0 to Wimbledon, but they could have been 2-0 up after five minutes, and if they had been, the final score might just have been different.

Jim Beglin
Irish football player

And another amusing 'counterfactual' from somewhere else....

Quote:

Proverb

if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle

(colloquial, vulgar, humorous) It is fruitless to speculate about counterfactual situations.

"We would have won the match if we'd had a decent goalkeeper."

"And if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle!"

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/if_my_aunt_had_balls,_she%27d_be_my_uncle

LOL

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Send Topic Print