Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Jussie Smollett walks - Whitewash of Justice.. (Read 2506 times)
SerialBrain9
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Jussie Smollett walks - Whitewash of Justice..
Reply #45 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:24pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:15pm:
SerialBrain9 wrote on Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:03pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:00pm:
Whats the point of the pics?

At the time of his arrest there were phone calls made between Smolletts camp and political people.

Reference?

You would be doing me a real favour, when every time a thought pops into your head to put it into DuckDuckGo instead of addressing it to me - it would save me a lot of time explaining it to you lie a two year old when you could have simply got that information yourself.

Quote:
What’s interesting is that the former chief-of-staff of Michelle Obama called the state's attorney about the case, saying the (Smollett) family was concerned. Shortly after, the state's attorney recused herself and now the charges are dropped and the court has sealed the record.”

Reports emerged last week that Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx had been in contact with Mrs. Obama’s former chief-of-staff, Tina Tchen, who emailed her expressing the “concerns” that the Smollett family had about the ongoing investigation. Foxx is alleged to have then spoken with a Smollett relative whose number was provided by Tchen, and subsequently reached out to Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-cops-smell-political-rat-in-wake-of-jussie-sm...

Beware the Fury of a Patient Man.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #46 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:25pm

SerialBrain9 wrote on Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:24pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:15pm:
SerialBrain9 wrote on Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:03pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:00pm:
Whats the point of the pics?

At the time of his arrest there were phone calls made between Smolletts camp and political people.

Reference?

You would be doing me a real favour, when every time a thought pops into your head to put it into DuckDuckGo instead of addressing it to me - it would save me a lot of time explaining it to you lie a two year old when you could have simply got that information yourself.

Quote:
What’s interesting is that the former chief-of-staff of Michelle Obama called the state's attorney about the case, saying the (Smollett) family was concerned. Shortly after, the state's attorney recused herself and now the charges are dropped and the court has sealed the record.”

Reports emerged last week that Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx had been in contact with Mrs. Obama’s former chief-of-staff, Tina Tchen, who emailed her expressing the “concerns” that the Smollett family had about the ongoing investigation. Foxx is alleged to have then spoken with a Smollett relative whose number was provided by Tchen, and subsequently reached out to Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-cops-smell-political-rat-in-wake-of-jussie-sm...

Was it that hard to put in a link?Two seconds, and then I can examine your claim.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 3:48pm

His arse is probably twitching a bit, he could well still do five to ten years for postal fraud.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #48 - Mar 29th, 2019 at 12:36am

I guess nobody cares about Jacob Wohl getting away with the same.thing after all...

I wonder why?

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Mar 29th, 2019 at 7:44am

SadKangaroo wrote on Mar 28th, 2019 at 9:36am:
President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Mar 28th, 2019 at 7:22am:
Violet Crumble wrote on Mar 27th, 2019 at 11:03pm:
You think America's legal system favours the Left? Ha. It favours the wealthy, the connected, Right or Left.

OH wow, you actually said something intelligent ..

or dare I say.. half intelligent..

See Jeffrey Epstein latest case of kidnapping, raping and prostituting out underaged children.

When it looked like he was going to jail for the rest of his life all of a sudden.. the case was "settled"

in other words..

he paid off 30 girls ( I think it was) to settle out of court ...

Case Closed, Documents Sealed.

Wait.. what?    Shocked

You mean like his partner in crime Donald Trump?

Why don't you want to see all the same information about his settlements?

do not cut and dice my posts to try and take me out of context you slimy arsehole...

consider this your first and last warning...

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1517360699

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #50 - Mar 30th, 2019 at 1:18am

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Mar 29th, 2019 at 7:44am:
SadKangaroo wrote on Mar 28th, 2019 at 9:36am:
President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Mar 28th, 2019 at 7:22am:
Violet Crumble wrote on Mar 27th, 2019 at 11:03pm:
You think America's legal system favours the Left? Ha. It favours the wealthy, the connected, Right or Left.

OH wow, you actually said something intelligent ..

or dare I say.. half intelligent..

See Jeffrey Epstein latest case of kidnapping, raping and prostituting out underaged children.

When it looked like he was going to jail for the rest of his life all of a sudden.. the case was "settled"

in other words..

he paid off 30 girls ( I think it was) to settle out of court ...

Case Closed, Documents Sealed.

Wait.. what?    Shocked

You mean like his partner in crime Donald Trump?

Why don't you want to see all the same information about his settlements?

do not cut and dice my posts to try and take me out of context you slimy arsehole...

consider this your first and last warning...

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1517360699

If you'll notice, you asked a question in your post, which I quoted to respond to.  It was a simple matter of clarification.

The context is there for anyone to see if they need to, they can just click your quoted post to see it all.

But if it makes you feel any better I'm happy to edit my post of the forum will allow me and add the rest of your quote to it.

That said, it's more than you deserve given you're nothing but scum who deserves no respect because you push the sort of conspiracy theories that helped radicalise the deranged right-wing nutters who go on to commit mass murder.

I suspect you're trying to use forum rules to avoid answering the question more than anything else.

But if you'd like the edit, I'm happy to make it if you can wipe away your tears long enough to reply and let me know, thanks.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #51 - Oct 23rd, 2019 at 1:57pm

https://www.westernjournal.com/judge-denies-jussie-smolletts-request-throw-lawsu...

Judge Denies Jussie Smollett's Request To Throw Out Lawsuit: 'This Will Be Going Forward'

By Jack Davis
Published October 22, 2019 at 11:07am
Actor Jussie Smollett lost a round in court Tuesday as part of his effort to avoid having to pay the city of Chicago for the costs of an investigation into his allegations that he was the victim of a crime.

The city is suing Smollett for $130,106 to cover costs related to the investigation that eventually ruled Smollett’s claim was a hoax.  The actor’s attorneys had wanted the suit dismissed.

“This will be going forward,” U.S. District Judge Virginia Kendall said Tuesday, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

The decision increases the likelihood of a trial in the civil lawsuit. Such a trial could take place some time next year.

In a ruling that noted Smollett’s celebrity status, Kendall said “it isn’t unreasonable to think” Chicago police would make a significant effort to investigate the alleged racist and homophobic attack the former “Empire” star had claimed took place, USA Today reported.

Smollett’s lawyers, who have dwelt on the fact Smollett never admitted he was guilty of perpetrating a hoax and that the prosecution dismissed the case against him, called the city’s lawsuit a “perverse tactic,” the Sun-Times reported.

Chicago police have said they spent more than 1,800 hours of manpower trying to solve Smollett’s case, and that he should foot the bill, not city taxpayers.

Smollett’s lawyers have also argued he would not have expected Chicago police to have spent so much time and money on the case.

“Mr. Smollett has always maintained his innocence and is eager to have the complete facts of the case come out,” William Quinlan, Smollett’s lawyer, said in a statement to USA Today.

“He looks forward to taking depositions and otherwise bringing to light many of the facts that have been overlooked in the court of public opinion to date,” he added.

“Mr. Smollett is confident that once the full story is available he will be vindicated.”

Earlier this month, Smollett issued a declaration of innocence on Instagram after he was compared to a Virginia girl who lied about an alleged attack.

RELATED: Hero Wrestles Gun from Armed Robber on His Way To Run Marathon: 'I Don't Like Bullies'

“With all due respect brother, y’all can clown me all you want but my story has actually never changed and I haven’t lied about a thing,” Smollett wrote in the post.

“Y’all can continue to be misinformed, internalized sheep, who believe what actual proven liars feed you or you can read the actual docs. Either way, Imma be alright. I know me and what happened. You don’t. So carry on. All Love,” he added.

In late January, Smollett reported to police that he’d been assaulted by two men during an early morning confrontation in downtown Chicago. The men allegedly splashed Smollett with a chemical and placed a rope around his neck while shouting,“This is MAGA country.”

Smollett was eventually charged with 16 felony counts for allegedly making a false report — charges that were eventually dismissed by the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office.

Although State’s Attorney Kim Foxx recused herself from the case, citing a conflict of interest due to communication with Smollett’s family, subsequent reports indicated she remained in contact with those who were investigating the allegations to prepare for prosecution.

Chicago police reacted with outrage after charges were dropped, leading to accusations of political motivation by Foxx and her office. A special prosecutor has been appointed to examine how the State Attorney’s Office handled the case.

If the city wins, it could collect up to triple the amount for which it is suing, which would amount to about $390,000.

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #52 - Oct 23rd, 2019 at 2:43pm

@ Reply #51,

Smollett hasn't yet been convicted of "making a false report", but the Chicago PD want to pursue Smollett because....

"The city is suing Smollett for $130,106 to cover costs related to the investigation that eventually ruled Smollett’s claim was a hoax.

.....Smollett was eventually charged with 16 felony counts for allegedly making a false report — charges that were eventually dismissed by the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office.

.....Chicago police reacted with outrage after charges were dropped, leading to accusations of political motivation by Foxx and her office. A special prosecutor has been appointed to examine how the State Attorney’s Office handled the case."

If persons are prosecuted, and convicted [found guilty] of wrongdoing,
there has to be some substantial penalty imposed, proportionate to the wrongdoing.

If there is no substantial penalty imposed, which is proportionate to the wrongdoing, there will be no deterrence to others, to do exactly the same type of wrongdoing.

It isn't rocket science.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #53 - Oct 23rd, 2019 at 8:09pm

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

SerialBrain9
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Oct 24th, 2019 at 7:11am

Good News, there might be Justice yet!  Smiley

Beware the Fury of a Patient Man.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print