Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
oooops the Libs claim a scalp (Read 2167 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

oooops the Libs claim a scalp
Mar 25th, 2019 at 4:33pm

[urlhttps://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/nsw-labor-to-vote-on-new-leader-after-federal-election/news-story/22d4321cc020576f2a0ca18d2a9f1de2][/url]

Michael Daley has stood down as NSW Opposition Leader until after the upcoming federal election.

Mr Daley’s former deputy, Penny Sharpe, has been named be the interim leader.

“This is the right and proper thing to do. It is in keeping with the spirit of the State Labor Party’s Caucus rules requiring a rank and file election of the Leader,” Mr Daley said.

To do otherwise would be an unnecessary distraction from the task of electing a Shorten Labor Government in a few weeks’ time.”

“I will be contesting the leadership when nominations are called for that position.”

NSW Labor will vote on a new leader after the federal election with the party urging MPs not to even speak about the leadership until after the next prime minister is elected.

The party will hold a rank-and-file ballot for the leadership.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Re: oooops the Libs claim a scalp
Reply #1 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 4:53pm

A proper thing to do.   It's a shame he didn't really get a good run in period to the election but I guess standing down is the honourable thing to do.   His comments on some things leading up to the election were very sus - I doubt he would have been Leader for too much longer anyway so, it is probably a good thing he stood down voluntarily rather than being "removed"

Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 5:00pm

HONORABLE.... Grin Grin Grin

especially after the things he said.. Huh

which you claim were suss.. I can only imagine what your would have said about it had Gladys said them.. Roll Eyes

I dont think he had much choice but to stand down..Sat  and Sun he wasnt  going anywhere.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #3 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 5:02pm

Vic wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 4:53pm:
A proper thing to do.   It's a shame he didn't really get a good run in period to the election but I guess standing down is the honourable thing to do.   His comments on some things leading up to the election were very sus - I doubt he would have been Leader for too much longer anyway so, it is probably a good thing he stood down voluntarily rather than being "removed"

Yeah - we need a slimy snake who can slip through any verbal holes and can play the media with ease without touching a thing related to reality for top gun in the party ...... any party that is ... damn being nice people..... they always come in last....

OMG - another one......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penny_Sharpe

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #4 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 5:08pm

cods wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 5:00pm:
HONORABLE.... Grin Grin Grin

especially after the things he said.. Huh

which you claim were suss.. I can only imagine what your would have said about it had Gladys said them.. Roll Eyes

I dont think he had much choice but to stand down..Sat  and Sun he wasnt  going anywhere.

But Gladys didn't say them Pet.    He did - and I reckon they were pretty suss and he deserved what he got.   He stepped down before he was pushed Pet - I am applauding his action in doing so, it was the honourable thing to do in a breed of people for whom honour has little meaning.  What more would you like me to say Pet?

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #5 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 5:11pm

I fail too see what this has to do with Federal Politics....Who gives a stuff about NSW???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 5:19pm

Now will scungy little Shorty follow Daley's example ?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #7 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 5:21pm

philperth2010 wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 5:11pm:
I fail too see what this has to do with Federal Politics....Who gives a stuff about NSW???

Huh Huh Huh

Touché!

Well Vic???

IP Logged

stunspore
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 5:31pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 5:21pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 5:11pm:

Huh Huh Huh

Touché!

Well Vic???

It's seeking attention and therefore they pick the most popular forum no matter how inappropriate.

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 6:09pm

One feels sorry for the depressed Lefties now that the sky is falling in on them and they are trying so hard to deny it is happening.

Repent Lefties while there is still time.

ScoMo and Gladys reveling in their fame.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #10 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 7:00pm

He really said something Wong Wink

IBI

IP Logged

macman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

australia
Reply #11 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 7:55pm

Apart from his stupid comments he is a leftover from the bad old days of obeid and macdonald and labor needs to move on from that period. As long as he stays there the libs will play him for all it's worth.

IP Logged

COWBOY

Australian Politics

Gold Coast
Reply #12 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 8:50pm

Gordon wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 7:00pm:

He really said something Wong Wink

As one long ago Poly said " Two Wongs don"t make a White. "

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print