Send Topic Print
Metallica tickets... (Read 1742 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Metallica tickets...
Mar 24th, 2019 at 10:04pm

So I'm trying to buy metallica tickets. They are not available on tickettek, which I thought is maybe a good thing as they are ripoff merchants and charge you extra for the privilege of buying online. The first time I tried to buy tickets it looked like you had to be a fan club member, which I couldn't be bothered doing. i just tried again and they are generally available on ticketmaster, but you can only pay if you have an american express card, which I am not going to bother with either. I found the same tickets on other sites for over $100 more (on an already exorbitant price), but I am not even going to bother seeing what tricks they have. This is starting to piss me off. Should I just wait until they let regular people buy them? Or am I going to miss out?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Metallica tickets...
Reply #1 - Mar 24th, 2019 at 10:13pm

I don't think you'll miss out.
As a DJ to a Radio Station, Metallica haven't really been 'out there' of late and they have consistently toured Australia.
I don't think things will move as quickly as they have in the past.
Metal has died a bit over the last 5 years.
Due mostly to the explosion of Music-Judging Shows around the World (originated via Eurovision - because Europeans are the best at music!).

But I'm sure something nice, dark and evil will emerge out of the cauldron of Europe that has given 'the edge' to the likes of Led Zep to Nick Cave (before Cave went to USA and went Gospel  Roll Eyes).

Everything happens in cycles and eventually, Europe will produce another 'hard, heavy and dark' style to take over the world  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Mar 24th, 2019 at 10:14pm

Metallica? really?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #3 - Mar 24th, 2019 at 10:20pm

I didn't realise Cave had gone gospel, but it's not like you couldn't see it coming.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Mar 24th, 2019 at 10:27pm

freediver wrote on Mar 24th, 2019 at 10:20pm:
I didn't realise Cave had gone gospel, but it's not like you couldn't see it coming.

Yes I know.
When he went into Germany in his early years - there he developed his true 'dark' ways that made him what he became well known for. Then, with success now on his cards, like Led Zep - he was forced to 'sell out' to the USA for tours. Once in the USA, his music was influenced by the Gospel Choirs (who also have a Music competition with judges and was on TV just a few weeks back) and the dark of the 'Cave' was pushed aside by the Light of Gospel Christian America (Black & White).
Kinda sad ending for Cave: murdered by Gospel.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 9:29am

freediver wrote on Mar 24th, 2019 at 10:04pm:
So I'm trying to buy metallica tickets. They are not available on tickettek, which I thought is maybe a good thing as they are ripoff merchants and charge you extra for the privilege of buying online. The first time I tried to buy tickets it looked like you had to be a fan club member, which I couldn't be bothered doing. i just tried again and they are generally available on ticketmaster, but you can only pay if you have an american express card, which I am not going to bother with either. I found the same tickets on other sites for over $100 more (on an already exorbitant price), but I am not even going to bother seeing what tricks they have. This is starting to piss me off. Should I just wait until they let regular people buy them? Or am I going to miss out?

As far as I know, tickets are on-sale to everyone now.

I bought mine on 15 March, through ticketmaster:

https://www.ticketmaster.com.au/metallica

They were pre-sale tickets, through Live Nation.

https://www.livenation.com.au/

If you register with Live Nation, you get pre-sale tickets for most events, and you can pay with any sort of credit card.

https://www.livenation.com.au/artist/metallica-tickets

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #6 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 10:45pm

I am trying to get standing tickets for the front floor - still only for amex customers. I'm pretty sure the rear floor tickets were also for amex customers only last night, but now they are for general purchase. So maybe they are gradually making them fully available.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #7 - Apr 1st, 2019 at 8:59pm

Kinda funny to see a lot of middle-aged blokes headbanging with not much hair.

I must admit, I've attended heaps of old band concerts and they generally hold up very well. Maybe it's because the relative energy factor is still about the same in regards to how much more energy they had than me. Grin

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #8 - Apr 1st, 2019 at 9:51pm

I gave up on Metallica, years ago. Listened to their songs over and over for years. Then, the idea it dawned on me -- I don't really have a clue what is good music. Metallica could play some complicated riffs. They might well have created some interesting songs. But the band does not stand out as well as other heavy metal bands. It is only because their original full-time bassist died in a bus accident that Metallica became known. Had Burton lived, the band would have become megastars some other way.

Two years ago, I threw out all my albums of the band. I have no intention of rebuying the albums, even if the albums were sold cheaply. I changed my taste in music to more rock music from the 1980s to today.

You won't find me within 100km of a Metallica concert. And even if I found myself in the city limits of where they were playing, I would make sure I ignored any attention they tried to draw to themselves in the media.

Save your money.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #9 - Apr 1st, 2019 at 10:12pm

Thanks for the advice. I just bought them. Ended up going with cheaper tickets in the stands.

Have you heard the stuff they did with Lou Reed?

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Apr 1st, 2019 at 10:42pm

freediver wrote on Apr 1st, 2019 at 10:12pm:

Have you heard the stuff they did with Lou Reed?

I prefer a classical touch with San Francisco Symphony Orchestra.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #11 - Apr 1st, 2019 at 11:16pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Apr 1st, 2019 at 9:51pm:
I gave up on Metallica, years ago. Listened to their songs over and over for years. Then, the idea it dawned on me -- I don't really have a clue what is good music. Metallica could play some complicated riffs. They might well have created some interesting songs. But the band does not stand out as well as other heavy metal bands. It is only because their original full-time bassist died in a bus accident that Metallica became known. Had Burton lived, the band would have become megastars some other way.

Two years ago, I threw out all my albums of the band. I have no intention of rebuying the albums, even if the albums were sold cheaply. I changed my taste in music to more rock music from the 1980s to today.

You won't find me within 100km of a Metallica concert. And even if I found myself in the city limits of where they were playing, I would make sure I ignored any attention they tried to draw to themselves in the media.

Save your money.

I dunno, I haven't really listened to them for years either but I see no reason to throw out their CD's. Tastes change, for me mainly because I like to hear new sounds. Metallica definitely got a bit boring, but that's the same with most successful musicians. They generally peak at around 25yrs of age (and also people in general). By 27yrs of age, well you know what happens some of the time. A lot of them manage to continue producing very good music, but rarely anything that has the clout of when they were young. It's still the "new sounds" and talent of the mid 20's that grabs me most.
« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2019 at 11:28pm by Amadd »  

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Apr 2nd, 2019 at 9:13am

Got mine....but I'm only going for slipknot. Corey Taylor is brilliant. They put on an amazing show.

Love metallica and feel really sorry for the band after watching the netflix show on them. James Hetfield is a farkkwit.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #13 - Apr 2nd, 2019 at 12:27pm

Amadd wrote on Apr 1st, 2019 at 11:16pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Apr 1st, 2019 at 9:51pm:

Save your money.

I dunno, I haven't really listened to them for years either but I see no reason to throw out their CD's. Tastes change, for me mainly because I like to hear new sounds. Metallica definitely got a bit boring, but that's the same with most successful musicians. They generally peak at around 25yrs of age (and also people in general). By 27yrs of age, well you know what happens some of the time. A lot of them manage to continue producing very good music, but rarely anything that has the clout of when they were young. It's still the "new sounds" and talent of the mid 20's that grabs me most.

I think Death Magnetic was as good as their earlier stuff, and LuLu was strange but good.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #14 - Apr 3rd, 2019 at 12:02am

I liked Death Magnetic, some really great riffs on that album, getting on to 11yrs ago now. Before that was the crapola St.Anger in 2003. Before that was mainly a mish mash. The thing is, bands can't keep regurgitating the same sounds and still be interesting. AC/DC get away with it in a way but never can rekindle the old days.

U2 managed to keep changing and still be great for awhile. Nick Cave had some later stuff that I enjoyed more than his earlier stuff. Faith no more did well. Bowie had some great stuff after the "Let's dance" and "China girl' phase. Radiohead still manages to amaze me. And yeah, there's a lot more, but generally I think they reach their peak around mid 20's and will never again accomplish a land mark album.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bagging them. poo yeah!, I'd go see Metallica again and so many other older bands. Even if they are past their prime a bit, they can usually put on a better, more accomplished and professional show that can make up a bit for the lack of magic from the earlier days.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print