Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Nissan Leaf a bit better but will it get to aus ? (Read 719 times)
DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Nissan Leaf a bit better but will it get to aus ?
Mar 24th, 2019 at 7:19am

https://insideevs.com/nissan-leaf-215-226-miles-epa-range/Nissan are teasing us about getting the electric car the Leaf, it does have a better battery than it did 5ish years ago when it was last sold here.
They have just released a new bigger battery and almost has a competent range of 360km's , it might take another year or never before Australia see's it though.
the leaf they are releasing here this year will have 180km's of range (the official USA  rating seams to be the closest to real world range), which for me isn't enough , my weekly commute is 190-200km's to get to work, maybe Hyundai will get some of the promised Noe's (400km) here and could get a good range , cheaper EV in Australia.

Or Tesla could actually get here first with their Model3 standard version (450) first.... Wink

I am me

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Nissan Leaf a bit better but will it get to aus ?
Reply #1 - Mar 24th, 2019 at 7:39pm

Battery cars are not the future.

Things that take the future, take it in a big way.
Battery/Electric cars are not doing that.
In fact, their evolution is a slow effort.

Look forward to something just overtaking them at break-neck speed! Propelling the New Age beyond battery/electric.

It's just a red-herring while the world is still stuck in the Old Age of the USA (at the End of the World).  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #2 - Mar 24th, 2019 at 8:30pm

Jasin wrote on Mar 24th, 2019 at 7:39pm:

Look forward to something just overtaking them at break-neck speed! Propelling the New Age beyond battery/electric.

It's just a red-herring while the world is still stuck in the Old Age of the USA (at the End of the World).  Wink

so 2000 sold electric cars in 2008 to 2,000,000 in 2018 and about 3% of all cars sold for the year is slow ?
If they keep on the same rate  (100% increase from last year) in 5 years they will be over half of all cars sold......
a thousand increase in 10 years is slow to you ? Wink
remember the first mobile phone was released in 1974...… wasn't until 20 years later that they started to be affordable and was 10 years after that they became the norm.....now 45 years on they have superseded stationary home lines....

I am me

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Mar 24th, 2019 at 8:47pm

Yep - for an important mode of transport, that's pretty slow!

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Mar 24th, 2019 at 10:10pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on Mar 24th, 2019 at 7:19am:
https://insideevs.com/nissan-leaf-215-226-miles-epa-range/Nissan are teasing us about getting the electric car the Leaf, it does have a better battery than it did 5ish years ago when it was last sold here.
They have just released a new bigger battery and almost has a competent range of 360km's , it might take another year or never before Australia see's it though.
the leaf they are releasing here this year will have 180km's of range (the official USA  rating seams to be the closest to real world range), which for me isn't enough , my weekly commute is 190-200km's to get to work, maybe Hyundai will get some of the promised Noe's (400km) here and could get a good range , cheaper EV in Australia.

Or Tesla could actually get here first with their Model3 standard version (450) first.... Wink

Why do you care? I'ts not like you will ever buy an EV of any kind!

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Mar 24th, 2019 at 10:49pm

DonDeeHippy (aka Jovial Monk)

runs his Datsun on distilled alcohol from his backyard vat in Tasmania

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #6 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 4:36am

longweekend58 wrote on Mar 24th, 2019 at 10:10pm:

there there Longy its ok  Cheesy

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #7 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 4:37am

Jasin wrote on Mar 24th, 2019 at 10:49pm:
DonDeeHippy (aka Jovial Monk)

runs his Datsun on distilled alcohol from his backyard vat in Tasmania

its ok Jasin (aka Cods)

I am me

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 11:40am

There you go. Just for you Cheesy LOL

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 11:41am

longweekend58 wrote on Mar 24th, 2019 at 10:10pm:

because we are all waiting for you to buy one first because you said you would own one before any of us Cheesy LOL

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

minarchist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Mar 26th, 2019 at 11:10am

For the time being the market wants electric vehicles, regardless of whether or not they tick all of the boxes. Hydrogen, most likely in the form of Ammonia, will probably be in demand sometime in the future when it comes to larger forms of transportation and fuel for peaking plants.

People accuse Capitalism of being a "dog eat dog" system, yet it was the Communists who ate each other when they were starving!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print