Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Millenials Are “STRESSED” (Read 556 times)
President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Millenials Are “STRESSED”
Mar 20th, 2019 at 7:47am

Roll Eyes

Quote:
Ted Malloch: New Poll Shows Millenials Are “STRESSED”

A new, breaking study has found that we are living through a “Stress Mess.” It suggests 3 In 5 Millennials say life is more stressful now than ever before.

Life is hard and complicated; ambiguous and often less than purposeful.

Here are the Top 20 stressful scenarios reported by today’s millennials:

1.Losing wallet/credit card

2. Arguing with partner

3. Commute/traffic delays

4. Losing phone

5. Arriving late to work

6. Slow WiFi

7. Phone battery dying

8. Forgetting passwords

9. Credit card fraud

10. Forgetting phone charger

11. Losing/misplacing keys

12. Paying bills

13. Job interviews

14. Phone screen breaking

15. Credit card bills

16. Check engine light coming on

17. School loan payments

18. Job security

19. Choosing what to wear

20. Washing dishes

Seriously, this is the whole list. It is what they recorded with objective academic researchers in some 2000 surveys conducted nationwide.

Can you fathom the stress of having — zero likes on Facebook?

The negative effects, both socially and personally, were severe. On average this millennial group lost 138 nights of sleep a year. Sleep deprivation is bad for your health and effects all interpersonal relations.

They actually believed their lives to be “far more stressful than the average person’s”.

The problem of micro stresses also arose, things that can trigger a really bad day or horrible experience.

These included such catastrophes as being stuck in traffic, having to wait for an appointment, or the lack of WIFI.

God forbid!

What has the world and our larger culture come to when these snowflake, precious, spoiled brats are so bummed out?

Are they so special, so spoiled, and so entitled, that the rest of us have to put up with them?

How did they get this way?

How and when did it happen?

I thought I would make a counter list of the Top 20 things that stressed out Americans looking back over the many decades since our Founding. Compare them with the millennial’s list of today.

War

Death by disease (often at an early age)

Economic travails, like a depression or losing your job

Seeing your children suffer

Not having enough to eat

Lack of sanitary conditions

No central heating (or cooling)

Inhospitable conditions on the frontier

Religious freedom

Dangerous working conditions and long hours

No electricity

Poor diets

Incurable diseases

Longevity of 40-60 years, less for many men

No pension or security

Discrimination and segregation

Invasion by enemies

Pillage

Insufficient schooling

Rape and incest

Please correct or add to my list. Thanks.

Has the Pussyfing of our children been manufactured?

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Millenials Are “STRESSED”
Reply #1 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 9:51am

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Mar 20th, 2019 at 7:47am:

2. Arguing with partner

4. Losing phone

5. Arriving late to work

6. Slow WiFi

7. Phone battery dying

8. Forgetting passwords

9. Credit card fraud

12. Paying bills

13. Job interviews

15. Credit card bills

17. School loan payments

18. Job security

20. Washing dishes

Sad.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 10:33am

you dont reduce someones fear by making them safe (the ludicrous notion of safe spaces and the obsession with bullying )

you reduce someones fear by making them stronger.

how do you make a teenage snowflake stronger?

you subject them to pressure.
you put the evolutionary blowtorch on them

its the paradoxical reason why young male straight white men are probably going to crush it in life.

because they arent given any favours and they are hated on by the mainstream and so they build resilience.

then they go out into the workplace and they are used to surviving in a hostile world and they crush it.

meanwhile a member of a pampered victim group has been told to assume victim status and to report any "hurt feelings" to the authorities.
that might work at school or at uni but it isnt going to work in the workplace where customers are mean and selfish and you have to suck it up.
hence, no employer wants the victims.
the victim identities are more hard work for a busy business.
the left have made them "damaged goods'.

far more productive to employ straight white males as they are resilent  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #3 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 11:53am

Poor did-ums - I just put together a resume for the quack over work conditions in my past... they'd all die like orchids before they even looked at it...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #4 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 1:18pm

Quote:
you reduce someones fear by making them stronger

Alcohol also works well, and is far more convenient.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 1:40pm

Well, excuse me, but this is the modern world with modern worries.

Losing a phone can be devastating.  It can be upwards of $1350, and plus all sorts of personal information on it.  Its almost akin to you people losing your diary, your photo books AND your phone book ALL at once.   The phone is also important, to keep track of appointments, meeting dead lines, and also can do some light work on it as well.  In fact, many modern employers expect their staff to carry a phone even off work, to stay connected. 

And trust me, after having worked from time to time in shops, or clinics, I can say with confidence that some of the most whiny and self entitled complainers are older 50 year old + males.   They complain about EVERYTHING: from slow wifis, to traffic, to no cups or tissues.   And they expect everyone can change the rules for them, and they go all red the second someone said no back. 

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 1:43pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 20th, 2019 at 11:53am:
Poor did-ums - I just put together a resume for the quack over work conditions in my past... they'd all die like orchids before they even looked at it...

And as always, you relate everything to your own experience. Zero empathy.

This is why you abjectly resent anyone casting light on their own issues and mock, belittle, dismiss and offend.

You will always, in your head, be the most victimised.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 5:39pm

mothra wrote on Mar 20th, 2019 at 1:43pm:

This is why you abjectly resent anyone casting light on their own issues and mock, belittle, dismiss and offend.

Who said that involves zero empathy?  You have no idea what you are talking about...

Not my fault the little darlings need some cement..... and I'm the Winner - not the victim .... now hold your tongue, woman....  Grin

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 5:41pm

tickleandrose wrote on Mar 20th, 2019 at 1:40pm:
Well, excuse me, but this is the modern world with modern worries.

Losing a phone can be devastating.  It can be upwards of $1350, and plus all sorts of personal information on it.  Its almost akin to you people losing your diary, your photo books AND your phone book ALL at once.   The phone is also important, to keep track of appointments, meeting dead lines, and also can do some light work on it as well.  In fact, many modern employers expect their staff to carry a phone even off work, to stay connected. 

And trust me, after having worked from time to time in shops, or clinics, I can say with confidence that some of the most whiny and self entitled complainers are older 50 year old + males.   They complain about EVERYTHING: from slow wifis, to traffic, to no cups or tissues.   And they expect everyone can change the rules for them, and they go all red the second someone said no back. 

Over-reliance on such things is a blind canyon....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 5:59pm

Oh well, as I often say (>enter< Brian Ross
*yawn
)...

In the 'Old Days of the Old Worlds' life was physically hard and mentally simple.
Now in the 'New Days of the New Worlds', life is physically easy but mentally more complex.

The
Caveman
was the mascot of the Old Worlds - that everyone strived to rise above from.
The
'Alien'
is the mascot of the New Worlds - that everyone is striving to stay away from.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 6:22pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 20th, 2019 at 5:39pm:

Who said that involves zero empathy?  You have no idea what you are talking about...

Not my fault the little darlings need some cement..... and I'm the Winner - not the victim .... now hold your tongue, woman....  Grin

You exhibit zero empathy for anyone who you have not taken the time to consider the position of. And that is pretty much everyone who isn't a mid to low income white male.

Or a woman you approve of.

You only see the world from your own perspective. And you feel aggrieved. Subsequently, you resent any group that seeks representation for you feel as though nobody ever resented you ... and you've done it tough.

So bereft of empathy are you, you use the most disgraceful and offensive terms and pointed derogatory stereotypes to refer to these other groups asking for representation because you resent them so very deeply. You laugh at their offense and hold it out as an accusation to them of hypersensitivity, eroding any credibility for all questions they raise.

You kid yourself into thinking you're being funny, and you do appeal to certain folk on here and this is enough to encourage you. So much so, you've not even stopped to qualify the encouragement you receive, and from whom.

Despite your feelings of oppression, you mock anyone you cannot relate having an emotional response. You deride and belittle ... offering them "cement' and threatening them with he worst aspects of your existence.

And as you are in constant competition with those around you and you've a propensity for grandiosity, You elevate yourself entirely beyond criticism.

Textbook victimhood.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 6:43pm

mothra wrote on Mar 20th, 2019 at 6:22pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 20th, 2019 at 5:39pm:

You exhibit zero empathy for anyone who you have not taken the time to consider the position of. And that is pretty much everyone who isn't a mid to low income white male.

Or a woman you approve of.

You only see the world from your own perspective. And you feel aggrieved. Subsequently, you resent any group that seeks representation for you feel as though nobody ever resented you ... and you've done it tough.

So bereft of empathy are you, you use the most disgraceful and offensive terms and pointed derogatory stereotypes to refer to these other groups asking for representation because you resent them so very deeply. You laugh at their offense and hold it out as an accusation to them of hypersensitivity, eroding any credibility for all questions they raise.

You kid yourself into thinking you're being funny, and you do appeal to certain folk on here and this is enough to encourage you. So much so, you've not even stopped to qualify the encouragement you receive, and from whom.

Despite your feelings of oppression, you mock anyone you cannot relate having an emotional response. You deride and belittle ... offering them "cement' and threatening them with he worst aspects of your existence.

And as you are in constant competition with those around you and you've a propensity for grandiosity, You elevate yourself entirely beyond criticism.

Textbook victimhood.

And you are some expert how?  NONE of my lady friends would agree with you in any way...

On the other hand, some of your lot love to march up and down the streets chanting about how Whartey did terrible things to Aboriginals on Invasion Day, making up issues out of nothing, screeching endlessly about 'cultures of rape' and 'wage gaps' that don't exist and stalking the high moral ground on any 'issue' no matter how trivial or irrelevant to the mainstream....

I'd say that pretty fairly fits the profile of a professional victimhooder...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 6:46pm

Meanwhile - poor widdle Millenials....

butthurt_cream.jpg (35 KB | 4 )
butthurt_cream.jpg

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 7:36pm

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Mar 20th, 2019 at 7:47am:
Roll Eyes

Quote:
Ted Malloch: New Poll Shows Millenials Are “STRESSED”

A new, breaking study has found that we are living through a “Stress Mess.” It suggests 3 In 5 Millennials say life is more stressful now than ever before.

Life is hard and complicated; ambiguous and often less than purposeful.

2. Arguing with partner

4. Losing phone

5. Arriving late to work

6. Slow WiFi

7. Phone battery dying

8. Forgetting passwords

9. Credit card fraud

12. Paying bills

13. Job interviews

15. Credit card bills

17. School loan payments

18. Job security

20. Washing dishes

Seriously, this is the whole list. It is what they recorded with objective academic researchers in some 2000 surveys conducted nationwide.

Can you fathom the stress of having — zero likes on Facebook?

The negative effects, both socially and personally, were severe. On average this millennial group lost 138 nights of sleep a year. Sleep deprivation is bad for your health and effects all interpersonal relations.

They actually believed their lives to be “far more stressful than the average person’s”.

The problem of micro stresses also arose, things that can trigger a really bad day or horrible experience.

These included such catastrophes as being stuck in traffic, having to wait for an appointment, or the lack of WIFI.

God forbid!

What has the world and our larger culture come to when these snowflake, precious, spoiled brats are so bummed out?

Are they so special, so spoiled, and so entitled, that the rest of us have to put up with them?

How did they get this way?

How and when did it happen?

I thought I would make a counter list of the Top 20 things that stressed out Americans looking back over the many decades since our Founding. Compare them with the millennial’s list of today.

War

Death by disease (often at an early age)

Economic travails, like a depression or losing your job

Seeing your children suffer

Not having enough to eat

Lack of sanitary conditions

No central heating (or cooling)

Inhospitable conditions on the frontier

Religious freedom

Dangerous working conditions and long hours

No electricity

Poor diets

Incurable diseases

Longevity of 40-60 years, less for many men

No pension or security

Discrimination and segregation

Invasion by enemies

Pillage

Insufficient schooling

Rape and incest

Please correct or add to my list. Thanks.

Has the Pussyfing of our children been manufactured?

Sadly we reap what we sow.

And they'll tell you it's all our fault..... never theirs.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print