Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Only Aboriginals can paint dots and circles? (Read 2135 times)
philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Re: Only Aboriginals can paint dots and circles?
Reply #60 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 11:30pm

There is nothing wrong with Aboriginal people wanting to protect their culture and identity....Why do people have a problem with people defending what belongs to them???

Huh Huh Huh

The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, but their inward significance.
Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 8:12am

does anyone think Namatjira  should have been told not to paint landscapes?......art is what it is..unless it is an amazing copy of an original.... share  the gift....every good artist has a signature..

anyone making FAKES and selling them as originals  is committing a crime... Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #62 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 8:29am

philperth2010 wrote on Mar 19th, 2019 at 11:30pm:
There is nothing wrong with Aboriginal people wanting to protect their culture and identity....Why do people have a problem with people defending what belongs to them???

Huh Huh Huh

The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, but their inward significance.

If someone is directly ripping off and passing off their work as someone else's, then I have huge problems with that, but you can't hope to enter the international art scene and want your themes to stay exclusive.

Culture, art, science and music has been mixing and evolving since year dot. Just as long as the works are clearly marked Aboriginal style and not passing them off as painted by Aboriginals, then there can be no issue.

IBI

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #63 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 10:35am

Gordon wrote on Mar 20th, 2019 at 8:29am:

Huh Huh Huh

If someone is directly ripping off and passing off their work as someone else's, then I have huge problems with that, but you can't hope to enter the international art scene and want your themes to stay exclusive.

Culture, art, science and music has been mixing and evolving since year dot. Just as long as the works are clearly marked Aboriginal style and not passing them off as painted by Aboriginals, then there can be no issue.

So Aboriginal people are not allowed to defend their culture when it is exploited....The issue is being conflated by you right wing wankers so you can take another shot at Aboriginal people for having an opinion....The artist apologised and the Aboriginal people moved on....It has SFA too do with you!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 10:49am

Gordon wrote on Mar 20th, 2019 at 8:29am:

Huh Huh Huh

a tree is a tree no matter who paints it gordy...

I am thinking Aboriginals  or some of them are being a bit precious...sad really.. I do believe they have a case with the didgeridoo .. which is I understand is  a unique part of aboriginal culture...

but painting with dots that just looks like a copy of a technique... well I dunno.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #65 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 7:05pm

..........................oooooooooo.............ooooooooo...............ooooooo

..........................oooooooooo.............oooooooo.................oooooo

Whoops....copyright infringement .......my bad... Grin Grin

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #66 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 7:10pm

Johnnie wrote on Mar 19th, 2019 at 10:28pm:
Absolutely exquisite and no matter which way you hang it, its absolutely exquisite.

Yeah - its pretty abstract for such a primitive peoples.
Do you think 'Drugs' were involved?
I mean - the continent smoked a lot (and still no-one came for 40,000 years!) as if trying to call for help!
Maybe the early Aboriginals tried to see through the eyes of a... snake in the Garden??  Huh Lips Sealed

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #67 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 7:12pm

Jasin wrote on Mar 20th, 2019 at 7:10pm:
Absolutely exquisite and no matter which way you hang it, its absolutely exquisite.

Yeah - its pretty abstract for such a primitive peoples.
Do you think 'Drugs' were involved?
I mean - the continent smoked a lot (and still no-one came for 40,000 years!) as if trying to call for help!
Maybe the early Aboriginals tried to see through the eyes of a... snake in the Garden??  Huh Lips Sealed

Australian acacia have very high concentrations of DMT.
If anyone can find a way to get off their face, it would be an Abo  Grin

IBI

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 7:15pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 19th, 2019 at 8:59pm:
Gordon wrote on Mar 19th, 2019 at 8:54pm:
Thicvunt. An Aboriginal artists complaint is on the basis of the style.

the aboriginal artist was interviewed after the complaints rolled in and gave her views. What did you expect her to say? If you could ask da vinci what he thinks of people copying his mona lisa I'm sure he'd tell you it was theft as well. As would any artist who is copied.

Stop insisting on proving you're a dickhead.

You already won that race.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #69 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 7:19pm

Philperth needs to watch Dr Phil and take a stress pill.

The Americans 'stole' Politics from the UK and created their own 'Privatised' Political system.

You will find that the 'Aboriginal' style will incorporate itself into the general mainstream of Art and will be seen 'accompanying' other styles.
It's like a new Musical Instrument - everyone want's to play it. Was Jimmy Page 'stealing' from Classical Music when he played his electric guitar like a violin?

Aboriginals want to 'cash in' on their ART STYLE, hell - take a look at the prices on their paintings at
RIP OFF ROCK
near Alice Springs... then they turn around and have a whinge about people 'adopting' the style.
They sold their ART out many years ago.

Burley-Griffith must be spewing that other nations besides the USA are using his
ART DECO
style.  Roll Eyes

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #70 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 7:20pm

I read it

Aboriginals can only paint in dots and circles

because they have no talent

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 7:24pm

Grin  Grin made at TAFE Darwin

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 7:28pm

Huh Huh Huh

Dot painting is not unique Aussie Aboriginals and most were taught to do it by whites.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #73 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 8:22pm

Aboriginal Art no longer belongs to 'them' - they sold their ART  out many many years ago.

If people want an 'authentic' Artwork, then maybe they should come visit one along some dirt track that opens into a slice of their own paradise.

Tourist to Aboriginal
"Excuse me Sir. I've come to buy an 'authentic' Aboriginal Painting done by a real live Aboriginal. Do you think you can do one of the Martian Rover Lander?"

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print