Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print
muslims are idiots - otherwise they're lovely peop (Read 4346 times)
polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
muslims are idiots - otherwise they're lovely peop
Mar 19th, 2019 at 9:36am

Setanta wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 7:56pm:
I'm happy to tell you about how friendly I am Muslims, well the couple I know. I've said many times, to no avail obviously, I can differentiate between people and ideology. I have friends of all sorts with differing theologies or ideologies. My Baha'i friends know of my view on god as do my Christian friends. I don't live in a vacuum. I don't equate them with their ideology, people are more than that. It's open season on their ideology though.

Islam demands violence from it's followers even though most will not give it. I blame Islam, not the people.

Setanta evidently thinks this position is palatable to a diverse, accepting and civilized society.

It is not.

It is deeply condescending and prejudiced.

You are not fooling anyone with your euphemisms like "ideology", in an attempt to distinguish a person's personal beliefs from who they really are. They are one in the same - 'ideology' is not some magical entity that exists in some void totally isolated from the people who created and adhere to said ideology. Beliefs are are what makes and defines a person - its as simple as that. So please stop with this transparent nonsense that someone can be a wonderful, kind upstanding person, while at the same time adhere to beliefs that you clearly see as primitive and dangerous.

And once you come to this realisation, you might actually consider alternatives to such blanket broad brushing like "Islam demands violence from it's followers". Yes, broad brushing - a term that might surprise you in this context, given it is typically used in relation to people. But thats exactly the point - 'Islam' *IS* 'people'. 'Ideology' *IS* 'people'. You can't separate them. How could you? As in, 'Islam' to ~2 billion muslims are 2 billion different things. It is not one big monlithic unchanging entity that magically exists outside the identity and personality of people.

Now back to your prejudice: given that ideology/beliefs are inseparable to a person's identity, your position that "I blame Islam not the people" - in relation to your broadbrushing that "Islam demands violence", really comes down to one of two possibilities: 1. muslims don't really believe that Islam demands violence - in which case you are saying you know better about people's own beliefs - or in other words, you think muslims are dribbling idiots who can't even comprehend their own religion. Or 2. they actually do believe they must carry out violence, but restrain themselves for whatever reason - in which case these people are deeply sinister. Neither of these two possibilities is at all compatible with your claim that these people can still be lovely people - or if it does, its only in a deeply condescending way - as in a "awww isn't it sweet these imbecile/primitives try and be nice" kind of way.

We saw a mixture of these two playing out in the shameful reactions to Yasmin Abdel-Magied daring to suggest that *TO HER* Islam is the most feminist religion. All the vitriol she received from this stemmed from either assuming, patronisingly, that she was ignorant about her own religion (a complete contradiction in terms when you think about it), or that she was straight out lying - as of course muslims must do, doncha know? What she was singularly denied - including amongst progressives I might add - was agency as a thinking human being who actually has personal beliefs of her own. No, of course, "Islam" was then, and remains something only that is a set in stone monolithic entity magically devoid of any individual's personal interpretation and beliefs.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: muslims are idiots - otherwise they're lovely peop
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 9:49am

I'm sick of god gobbers and their god gobbing muck and the way that pollies suck up to them as though what they believe in is actual fact when it is pure fiction. Sad

Like any business all churches should pay tax on their takings since most of it is never used for charitable purposes. It is used to support their real estate assets and lifestyles.

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 9:57am

Quote:
And once you come to this realisation, you might actually consider alternatives to such blanket broad brushing like "Islam demands violence from it's followers".

That's what the Quran says Gandalf. Putting on the hysterics and trying to make it a personal attack doesn't change the facts.

Do you have a problem with stupid people?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 9:59am

gandalf,

i think its just a historical fact that jesus was not a warlord and neither was the buddha.
they were many things but warlord certainly was not one of them

and you cant deny that muhammed was a warlord and encouraged conversion by the sword.
thats just a historical fact.

now i would prefer my son to be in the care of a warlord then in the care of a spineless supplicating beta male like morrison, shorten, trudeau,macron  or a whiney like merkel, theresa may or the NZ filly.

so i dont actually have a problem with islam.
in fact i think dubai is a roadmap for how  to "run sh***t."

but sell islam as a strong powerful influential confident assertive life choice.
not as a butt hurt cohort of victims who cry because others tease them  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #4 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 10:00am

freediver wrote on Mar 19th, 2019 at 9:57am:
That's what the Quran says Gandalf.

Of course it does  FD - because you and setanta say so.

The beliefs of actual muslims can and are disregarded (unless they're the extremists of course).

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #5 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 10:03am

It's what the Quran says Gandalf.

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1469837313

If you are trying to distinguish between what the Quran says and what Muslims believe, then you are doing what you accuse Set of.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 10:07am

aquascoot wrote on Mar 19th, 2019 at 9:59am:
gandalf,

i think its just a historical fact that jesus was not a warlord and neither was the buddha.

and you cant deny that muhammed was a warlord and encouraged conversion by the sword.

now i would prefer my son to be in the care of a warlord then in the care of a spineless supplicating beta male like morrison, shorten, trudeau,macron  or a whiney like merkel, theresa may or the NZ filly.

but sell islam as a strong powerful influential confident assertive life choice.
not as a butt hurt cohort of victims who cry because others tease them  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

All religious institutions are run by crooks and con men. They are so pervasive they get special privileges from the government such as tax free status and plenty of money to run schools etc. Hell, they even got 55 mill from morriscum to up their security when no one else was offered this Sad

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 10:08am

polite_gandalf wrote on Mar 19th, 2019 at 10:00am:
That's what the Quran says Gandalf.

Of course it does  FD - because you and setanta say so.

The beliefs of actual muslims can and are disregarded (unless they're the extremists of course).

It's not because they say so.... it's written in the book and Haddiths.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 10:24am

Sir lastnail wrote on Mar 19th, 2019 at 10:07am:
gandalf,

All religious institutions are run by crooks and con men. They are so pervasive they get special privileges from the government such as tax free status and plenty of money to run schools etc. Hell, they even got 55 mill from morriscum to up their security when no one else was offered this Sad

its a tricky one nail.

i certainly agree politicians are very hypocritical in the way they pander to religion just to get a vote.

i'm just not sure what you replace dedication to a religion with?

dedication to "pleasuring yourself"?
dedication to a sporting team ?
dedication to getting cash or chicks?.

i would like to say dedication to walking the narrow road to success but most people dont seem to be doing that.
in fact the crowds leaving a mosque or a church look a bit more inspired then the crowds leaving a mcdonalds or a shopping mall  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #9 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 10:47am

Quote:
And once you come to this realisation, you might actually consider alternatives to such blanket broad brushing like "Islam demands violence from it's followers".

That's what the Quran says Gandalf. Putting on the hysterics and trying to make it a personal attack doesn't change the facts.

Do you have a problem with stupid people?

There are plenty of absurd passages written in the Bible too.

That doesn't mean the followers of that religion accept those
absurd sections of the Bible.

BTW ... Both Christian and Muslim worship the same creator God.

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #10 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 12:46pm

freediver wrote on Mar 19th, 2019 at 10:03am:
It's what the Quran says Gandalf.

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1469837313

If you are trying to distinguish between what the Quran says and what Muslims believe, then you are doing what you accuse Set of.

If you say "this is what the quran says" and a muslim says "I disagree - it actually says this"

What then is "Islam"?

Also, there is no distinction between "Islam" and "what muslims believe". None whatsoever.

Quote:

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #11 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 12:51pm

Do Christians still get stoned for adultery?

What about wearing cloth of differing types?

Old books are not taken literally by the vast majority of "believers".

BTW ... I'm an atheist myself.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 1:11pm

aquascoot wrote on Mar 19th, 2019 at 10:24am:
Sir lastnail wrote on Mar 19th, 2019 at 10:07am:
gandalf,

its a tricky one nail.

i certainly agree politicians are very hypocritical in the way they pander to religion just to get a vote.

i'm just not sure what you replace dedication to a religion with?

dedication to "pleasuring yourself"?
dedication to a sporting team ?
dedication to getting cash or chicks?.

i would like to say dedication to walking the narrow road to success but most people dont seem to be doing that.
in fact the crowds leaving a mosque or a church look a bit more inspired then the crowds leaving a mcdonalds or a shopping mall  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

You replace it with science and rational understanding. There is so much to learn about the universe but these inward looking people think that everything is explained in one old book full of ancient scribblings and bronzed age myths. In the 21st century it is quite disappointing to see that people are still attracted to this Sad

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 1:12pm

Captain Nemo wrote on Mar 19th, 2019 at 12:51pm:

Why not ? It's in their old book isn't it ?

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #14 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 1:16pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Mar 19th, 2019 at 1:12pm:
Captain Nemo wrote on Mar 19th, 2019 at 12:51pm:

Why not ? It's in their old book isn't it ?

Precisely my point ... the old guff in the Quran is also treated as nonsense by the vast majority of Muslims.

Only the radical nutters on both teams of religion (Christian and Islamic) follow the nonsense in those old books.  Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print