Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Oz Politics Failing
Reply #15 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 5:33pm

Valkie wrote on Mar 19th, 2019 at 5:24pm:
Our idiot politicians just don't get it

Virtue signalling to every minority and mentally ill group is only alienating them from the majority of normal human beings in Australia.

People don't vote for politicians any more

They vote against the one they hate the most.

I'd love an option on the ballot papers " sack the lot and start again"

Imagine the result 99.99% woukd tick that box.

I like that idea.

Get rid of the lot.

Elect a female and male rep from an amalgamated set of electorates to start over with instant equal representation of the sexes.  Cool

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 5:49pm

Captain Nemo wrote on Mar 19th, 2019 at 5:33pm:

Virtue signalling to every minority and mentally ill group is only alienating them from the majority of normal human beings in Australia.

I like that idea.

Get rid of the lot.

Elect a female and male rep from an amalgamated set of electorates to start over with instant equal representation of the sexes.  Cool

Grin Grin Grin

Zif that was the answer!!!   Sack the lot - and the idiots will always spring up with their petty hobbyhorses - aaaaand Cap'n Nobody is first off the rank.

AND THEY ARE OFF!!!

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #17 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 5:52pm

I would prefer something along the lines of the Roman Senate.

Get rid of the two-party system.

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #18 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 11:36pm

Perhaps something more along the lines of the Colosseum...

Downe At Ye Olde Gladiator Pre-Season Tryalles:-

".... the politician is running, but the gladiators have him surrounded... ooooh... what a blow!  We'll get a better view on the action replay..... but that was a terrific right hander ...  Owrrr... blood everywhere.... he's down, but still kicking.. doing a Howard so to speak.... the gladiator who felled him raises his sword to the umpire.. will it be a thumb up or a thumb down?  ...........................................

....................oh.. it's a thumb down.. sorry 'bout that......"

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 6:32am

this is entirely predictable in a democracy.

most people are in low vibration energy
most people feel they live in scarcity
they think money is scarce and they think it is limited and they think the rich people are hoarding it all
most people want to take
most people are chronically anxious, beaten down and butt hurt.
most people think that if they just got to take more money , it would all work out for them
most people are what the buddha called "hungry ghosts".

they will never ever ever understand that you become rich and abundant by giving first.
even hearing that they will get mad and say aquascoot is trying to trick them
they will have an emotional reaction of rage by hearing that.

a politician who needs votes cant present the narrative i am presenting
the masses would never buy that.

so the politicians MUST vibe with the masses and present a picture of scarcity and gloom and offer a solution where each little individual gets told he might get to TAKE more.

a politician is like a businessman on the street who comes across a homeless guy.
he can offer the guy all the great advice in the world about how to climb the narrow road to success but the guy cant hear it.
the guy looks at the happy successful person and he looks fearful that the happy successful person is going to steal his cardboard box.
thats how twisted the personal psychology of the masses has become.
they are so stifled and their sphincters are so tight , they can never move up.

no one is suppressing them, no one is holding them down
'they are doing it to themselves and the politicians are merely attuned to their neuroticism

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 8:14am

you have to smile... idiot politicians all there thanks to idiot voters... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

makes sense to some. Smiley

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #21 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 8:35am

I am no fan of Labor, I think Shorten will be a mediocre PM and some of the views and actions of a selection of Labor Pollies leaves me shaking my head.  However this disaster that have been in for the last nearly 6 years have got to go - even if it is just to remind them that they cannot treat voters with such contempt.   My MP is Greg Hunt and I have watched him go from a good, community minded MP that listened to his constituents to a bum licking fan of whomever in the top job would do him favours.

I don't even know who the Labor Pollie is - he hasn't been seen here for years, so I guess it will be another election of trolling through the paper and trying to select a Candidate who states they will work for the betterment of the electorate and not themselves.  That will be a mega task and hard to get right

Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies
Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 8:39am

"I think Shorten will be a mediocre PM and some of the views and actions of a selection of Labor Pollies leaves me shaking my head.  However this disaster that have been in for the last nearly 6 years have got to go - even if it is just to remind them that they cannot treat voters with such contempt."

I agree.

I'm not excited by the prospect of Shorten becoming PM, but this current mob of inept criminals have well and truly passed their use by date.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 9:02am

greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 20th, 2019 at 8:39am:
"I think Shorten will be a mediocre PM and some of the views and actions of a selection of Labor Pollies leaves me shaking my head.  However this disaster that have been in for the last nearly 6 years have got to go - even if it is just to remind them that they cannot treat voters with such contempt."

I agree.

I'm not excited by the prospect of Shorten becoming PM, but this current mob of inept criminals have well and truly passed their use by date.

how about a list of those

DISASTERS  greg....

you make a clima like that   yet I cant really think of any other than going down the same track as shartarse......woeful...I feel sick every time I think of it..

but but but what else   did theys top the boats?... maybe I dreamt that..

did they almost close Manus that LABOR OPEND.. maybe I dreamt that...

or maybe you prefer the boats to keep coming and manus to be overflowing

if you call ALL  that a DISASTER Angry Angry Angry

oh btw more life saving medicines  put on the pbs....  but shhh thats another disaster.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 9:09am

cods wrote on Mar 20th, 2019 at 9:02am:

Stopped the boats that were carrying refugees, and instead let 64,000 illegal immigrants, who came by plane, stay in the country.

Epic failure.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 9:32am

greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 20th, 2019 at 9:09am:

Stopped the boats that were carrying refugees, and instead let 64,000 illegal immigrants, who came by plane, stay in the country.

Epic failure.

cods was looking for a list.

Here's a start:

Unmasking Malcolm: The Big 5 Policy Failures of 2017

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 10:07am

how about a list of those

DISASTERS  greg....

Here's one list:

TURNBULL’S 30 BIGGEST FAILURES

1. Giving a $65 billion tax handout to multinationals and big banks – who refuse to guarantee to create new jobs or give workers a pay rise.

2. Giving millionaires a $16,400 tax cut while increasing income taxes for ordinary working Australians earning less than $87,000. Under Turnbull’s plan the CEOs of the big banks are getting a tax cut while a nurse earning $60,000 gets a $300 tax increase every year.

3. Presiding over record low wages growth and making it even harder for Australians to make ends meet by supporting cuts to penalty rates which will reduce the take home pay of up to 700,000 hardworking Australians. 

4. Cut the pensions of around 370,000 Australiansby up to $12,000 every year thanks to changes to the pension assets test; axed the pensioner energy supplement; plans to increase the pension age to 70 – one of the oldest retirement ages in the developed world.

5. Cutting $17 billion from Australian schools and $2.2 billion from Australian universities.

6. Cutting $715 million out of Australian hospitals; cutting $300 million from dental health funding; freezing the Medicare rebate – forcing Australians to pay more to see the doctor; presiding over the longest average elective surgery waiting times in Australian history.

7. Refusing to crack down on the rorts and rip-offs in the private health insurance sector – private health insurance is now costing Australians $1000 more every year than when the Liberals were elected in 2013.

8. Making 279,000 families worse off under child care changes.

9. Telling young Australians struggling to afford their first home to get rich parents, while offering billions of dollars in taxpayer subsidies to wealthy property investors.

10. Presiding over record high energy prices and rising emissions – carbon emissions are higher than when Turnbull took office and are projected to keep on rising.

11. The cost of Malcolm Turnbull’s second-rate copper NBN has blown out by over $29 billion and is years behind schedule, but he still managed to get a 100 megabit per second fibre NBN connection at his own harbour-side mansion.

12. Cutting $184 million from the Australian Federal Police over the next four years, with 151 Police personnel to go in the first year alone.

13. Gross debt has crashed through half-a-trillion dollars on the Liberals’ watch for the first time in the country’s history, with no peak in sight, and with record net debt for the next three years.

14. Presiding over a $23.6 billion deficit – eight times larger than the $2.8 billion deficit in the Liberals’ first horror Budget in 2014.

15. Floating a plan to address the “excesses” of negative gearing and capital gains tax before back flipping after being rolled by his conservative rivals in Cabinet.

16. Proposing to increase the rate of the GST by 50 per cent and broaden the base to make education and fresh food more expensive for every Australian.

17. Floating a plan to allow the States to levy their own income taxes.

18. Proposing withdrawing all Federal Government funding for schools and hospitals.

19. Reduced to governing with a single seat majority after losing 15 seats at the 2016 Federal election, despite tipping $1.75 million of his own money into the Liberal Party’s election coffers – making Turnbull the largest single political donor in Australian history.

20. Delivering the worst election night speech in Australian political history – a dummy spit where he blamed his failed campaign on a text message about the Liberals’ war on Medicare.

21. Losing 8 Ministers in less than three years thanks to rorts, misconduct and maladministration – including the unprecedented achievement of losing his Deputy Prime Minister twice in the space of just 4 months.

22. Failing to sack Michaelia Cash despite her misleading the Senate five times in relation to her office’s involvement in the leaking of details about AFP raids and using parliamentary privilege to smear Opposition staff.

23. Plunging his government into a new crisis after Senator Cory Bernardi deserted the Liberal Party over Turnbull’s failed leadership.

24. Responsible for the removal of more area from conservation than any government in any country ever.

25. Failing to show the same leadership demonstrated by John Howard in the 1990s by refusing to rule out a preference deal with Pauline Hanson’s One Nation.

26. Offering to trade away John Howard’s tough gun laws to buy votes from Liberal Democrat Senator David Leyonhjelm.

27. Leading the first majority Government to lose a vote on the floor of the House of Representatives in over half a century, running out of legislation to debate in the Senate, voting against its own legislation and voting for an amendment condemning itself.

28. Cancelling Parliament after losing his majority on the floor of representatives amid fears he’d be rolled by his own Party Room on key policy issues and his own leadership.

29. Forced to establish a Royal Commission into the Banking and Financial Services Industry after being rolled by hostile backbenchers, despite spending years saying a Royal Commission was unnecessary.

30. Suffering the humiliation of being called on to quit by one of his own Coalition colleagues as NSW Deputy Premier John Barilaro said Turnbull should stand aside as a Christmas gift to Au

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 10:25am

Malc   seriously.. I dont know of any Lib who supported that lefty wannabee..

I cant see anY DISASTERS IN THE LIST>>

in your mind maybe   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

as it is you are saying Stopping the BOATS  was a disaster

got it sunshine.... your lot

OPENED THE GATES TO PEOPLE SMUGGLERS....AND SPENT 6 YEARS TRYING TO COVER IT UP.....YIPPEE..

YOU CANT WAIT FOR THEM TO START AGAIN..

THE LIBS WERE IN  5 MIN   AND THEY STOP 

AND YOU CALL IT A DISASTER... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

its says so much.......Malc acting like shortarse   following in his footsteps....and its what you look for...

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

ok boyo   we shall see how the tide flows in May...

not looking too good for your mob in NSW either
...whats that I hear....3 more sleeps.. Wink

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 10:48am

cods wrote on Mar 20th, 2019 at 10:25am:
Malc   seriously.. I dont know of any Lib who supported that lefty wannabee..

in your mind maybe   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

as it is you are saying Stopping the BOATS  was a disaster

got it sunshine.... your lot

OPENED THE GATES TO PEOPLE SMUGGLERS....AND SPENT 6 YEARS TRYING TO COVER IT UP.....YIPPEE..

YOU CANT WAIT FOR THEM TO START AGAIN..

THE LIBS WERE IN  5 MIN   AND THEY STOP 

AND YOU CALL IT A DISASTER... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

its says so much.......Malc acting like shortarse   following in his footsteps....and its what you look for...

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

ok boyo   we shall see how the tide flows in May...

not looking too good for your mob in NSW either
...whats that I hear....3 more sleeps.. Wink

64,000 illegal immigrants in the country, that came by plane.

Why do you ignore this?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 10:49am

cods wrote on Mar 20th, 2019 at 10:25am:

This makes you happy, does it?

6. Cutting $715 million out of Australian hospitals; cutting $300 million from dental health funding; freezing the Medicare rebate – forcing Australians to pay more to see the doctor; presiding over the longest average elective surgery waiting times in Australian history.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print