Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Go to Church. ...or, get the SPIRIT, of God (Read 9997 times)
Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Go to Church. ...or, get the SPIRIT, of God
Reply #45 - Apr 6th, 2019 at 7:24pm

Jasin wrote on Apr 6th, 2019 at 7:11pm:
Should go to Church.
More chance of finding a virgin concubine, than at a night club. Cheesy

I thought you wanted Cods?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #46 - Apr 6th, 2019 at 9:10pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 6th, 2019 at 7:24pm:
Should go to Church.

I didn't 'want' Cods.
I just 'answered' the question if I would 'do' CODS and I wouldn't 'do' CODS by force obviously, unless she wanted to do me of her own choice.
But hey, I could say that of ever female participant on this Forum.

...er, except Mothra. I couldn't get my foot in there for starters. The 'fellas' of Monkey Mania all scramble over her like a pack of dogs humping a bitchc in the housing commission estates.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #47 - Apr 7th, 2019 at 7:29pm

Jasin wrote on Apr 6th, 2019 at 9:10pm:
Bobby. wrote on Apr 6th, 2019 at 7:24pm:
Should go to Church.

I didn't 'want' Cods.
I just 'answered' the question if I would 'do' CODS and I wouldn't 'do' CODS by force obviously, unless she wanted to do me of her own choice.
But hey, I could say that of ever female participant on this Forum.

...er, except Mothra. I couldn't get my foot in there for starters. The 'fellas' of Monkey Mania all scramble over her like a pack of dogs humping a bitchc in the housing commission estates.

I beg your pardon -

Mothra is not the type of girl to be passed around.    Grin

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #48 - Apr 7th, 2019 at 10:43pm

Yadda wrote on Apr 6th, 2019 at 5:08pm:

Our body is the type of a 'church', 'a house of God'.

It is a house 'made without hands', where God desires to dwell,     ...or not.

Do we, would we, welcome God's spirit, into our house ?

If God dwells with us, he mingles his spirit, with our own.
....and if not, then we remain 'gentiles', and lost, wandering, in the wilderness of this world.

Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

John 4:24
God is a Spirit....

Q.
Do we love this world, do we love what is in this world ?

Or do we love God, and love, what he represents ?

A loving Father, creator, and King.

2 Corinthians 6:16
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17  Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
18  And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

1 Corinthians 3:16
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17  If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

« Last Edit: Apr 8th, 2019 at 9:13am by Yadda »  

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #49 - Apr 8th, 2019 at 9:09am

A meditation.

God promises to establish his covenant with his people, and God's soul will not abhor his people.

Leviticus 26:9
For I will have respect unto you, and make you fruitful, and multiply you, and establish my covenant with you.
10  And ye shall eat old store, and bring forth the old because of the new.
11  And I will set my tabernacle among you: and my soul shall not abhor you.
12  And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people.
13  I am the LORD your God, which brought you forth out of the land of Egypt, that ye should not be their bondmen; and I have broken the bands of your yoke, and made you go upright.

A 'house' will be established forever [for God's people].

2 Samuel 7:12
And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.
13  He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.
14  I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:
15  But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.
16  And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever.
17  According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Nathan speak unto David.

God, will be, his peoples protector.

Isaiah 41:10
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
11  Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish.
12  Thou shalt seek them, and shalt not find them, even them that contended with thee: they that war against thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought.
13  For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.
14  Fear not, thou worm Jacob, and ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith the LORD, and thy redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.

When God has revealed his power, and has 'made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations'.

Isaiah 52:7
How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!
8  Thy watchmen shall lift up the voice; with the voice together shall they sing: for they shall see eye to eye, when the LORD shall bring again Zion.
9  Break forth into joy, sing together, ye waste places of Jerusalem: for the LORD hath comforted his people, he hath redeemed Jerusalem.
10  The LORD hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.
11  Depart ye, depart ye, go ye out from thence, touch no unclean thing; go ye out of the midst of her; be ye clean, that bear the vessels of the LORD.
12  For ye shall not go out with haste, nor go by flight: for the LORD will go before you; and the God of Israel will be your rereward.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Apr 8th, 2019 at 1:20pm

issuevoter wrote on Apr 6th, 2019 at 8:09am:
PZ: "Could be inner space, or outer space, or who knows?"

This is inadequate as an answer to a question about your "fact," that God is there.

As for your "thinking outside the box" That is condescending

Finally, you state, "some of us have experienced a form of evidence."

There is only one way for your theory to work, and this goes back beyond Abraham. You require more than one perception of reality. The true and correct reality can only be experienced with esoteric knowledge. In the above quotes , you have claimed this.

i suspect you have a predisposition for wishful thinking.

There is only one reality and it is perceived by all living things. You do not have secret knowledge, but you are not alone. Here are some of the forumites who claim esoteric knowledge of the cosmos:

Light Boy Namaste

Yadda

Bobby

Sprint

Scoot

Brian Ross, Doctor of Divinity.

Gandalf

John Taverner

Capitosinora

Red Baron

That's a big mistake to make

Even Christ said his father's house has many mansions.  Some interpret that to mean (as it well may) that God has no religion and presides above and encompasses all religions. But who knows what Christ actually meant.  He could have been alluding to many dimensions, many universes, many manifestations of God, the majority of which might be undreamed of, unknown, to mere humans

As to 'only one reality' -- science, eh?

Science states that humans are able to perceive less than 1% of all that is

you and your 'one reality'  Wink

If you were presented with less than one hundredth of a pizza on a nice plate -- you wouldn't know a pizza if it bit you

you wouldn't know it was round, for example

you wouldn't know that despite your bit of pizza consisting of a sliver of crust and smattering of burnt cheese, other bits of pizza might have a smidgin of ham, or pineapple or anchovy or, or, or ....

You and your tiny sliver of pizza would NOT be the 'only reality' of pizza

same with human perception
it's limited to next to nothing

Only when humans are able to perceive 100% of all that is could they start talking about 'only one reality'

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Super Nova

Everywhere
Reply #51 - Apr 8th, 2019 at 3:39pm

issuevoter wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 3:16pm:
This is yet another example of an unmoderated forum. If a moderator was in attendance, Yadda's subject would be moved to "Spirituality," were it would be at home with other childishness.

I don't agree. Religion/Spirituality and Philosophy are often related and even studied under the one umbrella.

IP Logged

Super Nova

Everywhere
Reply #52 - Apr 8th, 2019 at 3:43pm

Watch this to give you perspective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrwIs10XvKA

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #53 - Apr 8th, 2019 at 4:04pm

Super Nova wrote on Apr 8th, 2019 at 3:43pm:

Watch this to give you perspective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrwIs10XvKA

LOL !

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #54 - Aug 24th, 2019 at 11:23am

Super Nova wrote on Apr 8th, 2019 at 3:39pm:
issuevoter wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 3:16pm:
This is yet another example of an unmoderated forum. If a moderator was in attendance, Yadda's subject would be moved to "Spirituality," were it would be at home with other childishness.

I don't agree. Religion/Spirituality and Philosophy are often related and even studied under the one umbrella.

Thank you Super Nova.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #55 - Aug 24th, 2019 at 11:38am

"thou thoughtest that I was altogether such an one as thyself"

Attributing God's character, as being, as reflecting our own character [and virtue].

Idolatry.

Vanity.

Quote:

Exodus 20:4-6

(4) Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. (5) Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; (6) And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
King James Version

Many do not perceive the difference between the first and second commandments. The first stresses the uniqueness of the Creator God, who is the Source of truth, right values, and standards that will produce right relationships. It deals with what we worship. An idol is something we make and assign value to here on earth, but God comes into our life from beyond this physical realm.

The second commandment covers a specific area of idolatry, God's spirituality. Jesus says we must worship God in spirit and truth (John 4:24). God wants us to worship, be devoted, and respond to what He is and what He is doing, not what we think He looks like. He wants us to emulate His character and the way He lives. The second commandment deals with the way we worship.

The second commandment's most obvious aspect governs the use of physical "helps" or "aids" in worshipping the invisible, spiritual God. It prohibits the use of anything that represents God or could become an object of veneration. It forbids any kind of likeness of Christ such as crucifixes, pictures, and statues.

- John W. Ritenbaugh

source is The Berean Daily Verse and Comment, WWW search

"....God,....is the Source of truth, right values, and standards that will produce right relationships."

and....

"An idol is something we make and assign value to here on earth, but God comes into our life from beyond this physical realm."

We all do that, engage in idolatry.

We all create idols [of things which we find, in the world].

And, those idols are almost always, something to which we attribute a certain positive value or a certain positive quality.

But God directly forbids us to do such a thing, in relation to how we seek [to know] Him.
[i.e. find or create something in this world,      and then attribute that object/idol with a quality which is likened to being Godlike.]

Because we will be, incorrect and in error.

Psalms 119:2
Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.

MORE....

« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2019 at 11:45am by Yadda »  

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #56 - Aug 24th, 2019 at 11:39am

CONTINUED....

Know God.

How ?

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1435998745/1#1

John 3:8
The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
9  Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?
10  Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16  And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17  Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18  I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
19  Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20  At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
21  He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22  Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23  Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24  He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Genesis 17:1
And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

Exodus 25:8
And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them.

Exodus 29:45
And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will be their God.

Exodus 29:46
And they shall know that I am the LORD their God, that brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, that I may dwell among them: I am the LORD their God.

Leviticus 11:44
For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy:....

Leviticus 19:2
Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy: for I the LORD your God am holy.

Leviticus 20:26
And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the LORD am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.

James 4:8
Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you....

How ?

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1435998745/1#1

The worldly Church...

Psalms 50:17
....thou hatest instruction, and castest my words behind thee.
18  When thou sawest a thief, then thou consentedst with him, and hast been partaker with adulterers.
19  Thou givest thy mouth to evil, and thy tongue frameth deceit.
20  Thou sittest and speakest against thy brother; thou slanderest thine own mother's son.
21  These things hast thou done, and I kept silence; thou thoughtest that I was altogether such an one as thyself: but I will reprove thee, and set them in order before thine eyes.
22  Now consider this, ye that forget God, lest I tear you in pieces, and there be none to deliver.
23  Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #57 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 9:13pm

Yadda wrote on Apr 8th, 2019 at 9:09am:

A meditation.

God promises

God promises a lot of things. Raven thinks you are worshipping the wrong god.

God promises to do away with the wicked. Odin promised to destroy the ice giants.

Raven doesn't see any ice giants.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #58 - Sep 21st, 2019 at 3:16pm

Love to see Yadda try to tweet his religious nonsense!

280 characters???

Yadda would need 100 tweets to get one of his verbose bits of bullshit posted on Twitter?  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I could see Yadda swearing profusely trying to fit all his crap in  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #59 - Sep 21st, 2019 at 5:22pm

Love God, your creator.

Repent, the end is nigh.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print