Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Go to Church. ...or, get the SPIRIT, of God (Read 9933 times)
John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Go to Church. ...or, get the SPIRIT, of God
Reply #30 - Mar 24th, 2019 at 7:54pm

issuevoter wrote on Mar 24th, 2019 at 1:55pm:
John Smith wrote on Mar 24th, 2019 at 8:07am:
Yadda wrote on Mar 23rd, 2019 at 10:14pm:
John Smith wrote on Mar 23rd, 2019 at 9:11pm:
Yadda wrote on Mar 23rd, 2019 at 8:47pm:
Everything that happened, including the Inquisition, God SATAN wanted to happen.

if god created everything, why did he create trump satan Roll Eyes

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1516795090/0#0

Proverbs 16:4
The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

that's not an answer, that's a pathetic excuse. Why can't you have good without evil? Who says you can't have ying without yang.

Finally, a question worthy of the philosophy forum. Why, indeed. You are asking us to think outside established boxes. People don't like that. It makes them uncomfortable.

It's not even a philosophical question. 'God' is all powerful. The creator. All knowing. The one who made everything in the universe. He can do anything he wants. There were no 'established boxes' whose confines he had to work within. If he wanted to create a world with only good, he could have.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #31 - Mar 24th, 2019 at 8:01pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 24th, 2019 at 7:54pm:
issuevoter wrote on Mar 24th, 2019 at 1:55pm:
John Smith wrote on Mar 24th, 2019 at 8:07am:
Yadda wrote on Mar 23rd, 2019 at 10:14pm:
John Smith wrote on Mar 23rd, 2019 at 9:11pm:
Yadda wrote on Mar 23rd, 2019 at 8:47pm:
Everything that happened, including the Inquisition, God SATAN wanted to happen.

if god created everything, why did he create trump satan Roll Eyes

Yadda said....

The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

that's not an answer, that's a pathetic excuse. Why can't you have good without evil? Who says you can't have ying without yang.

Finally, a question worthy of the philosophy forum. Why, indeed. You are asking us to think outside established boxes. People don't like that. It makes them uncomfortable.

It's not even a philosophical question. 'God' is all powerful. The creator. All knowing. The one who made everything in the universe. He can do anything he wants. There were no 'established boxes' whose confines he had to work within. If he wanted to create a world with only good, he could have.

Sounds like you worshipping Aussie.  Roll Eyes

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

random
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Mar 24th, 2019 at 8:14pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSfa56tjBQo

Jesus was way cool.
Everybody liked Jesus.
Everybody wanted to hang out with him.
Anything he wanted to do, he did.
He turned water into wine,
And if he had wanted to,
He could have turned wheat into marijuana,
Sugar into cocaine,
Or vitamin pills into amphetamines.
He walked on the water and swam on the land.
He would tell these stories and people would listen.
He was really cool.
If you were blind, or lame,
You just went up to Jesus*
And he would put his hands on you and you would be healed.
That's so cool.
He could have played guitar better than Hendrix.
He could have told the future.
He could have baked the most delicious cake in the world.
He could have scored more goals than Wayne Gretsky.
He could have danced better than Barishnikof.
Jesus could have been funnier than any comedian you can think of.

Jesus told people to eat his body and drink his blood.
That's so cool. Jesus was so cool.
But then some people got jealous of how cool he was,
So they killed him.
But then he rose from the dead!
He rose from the dead,
Danced around and went up to heaven.
I mean, that's so cool.
Jesus was so cool.
No wonder there are so many Christians.

So many farkwits, so little time.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #33 - Mar 24th, 2019 at 10:06pm

random wrote on Mar 24th, 2019 at 8:14pm:

Jesus was way cool.
Everybody liked Jesus.
And if he had wanted to,
Sugar into cocaine,
He was really cool.
That's so cool.

So they killed him.
He rose from the dead,
I mean, that's so cool.
Jesus was so cool.

No, he could not.

Most people well agree, laughter is the best medicine. Wit, and a sharp sense of humour are signs of intelligence. These aspects of the human condition are universal and highly regarded in most societies. Yet there are no jokes in the Bible or the Koran. You will find nothing even the slightest bit amusing in those writings because the authors did not value humour. Not a healthy outlook on life.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #34 - Mar 24th, 2019 at 10:45pm

Jesus - Jewish Messiah
Hitler - Jewish Prophet

Mohommed - Moslem Prophet
'_____' (Henry? aka Muad'Dib) - Moslem Prophet

....what goes around, comes around  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #35 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 7:59am

John Smith wrote on Mar 24th, 2019 at 7:54pm:

It's not even a philosophical question.

'God' is all powerful.

The creator.

All knowing.

The one who made everything in the universe.

He can do anything he wants.

There were no 'established boxes' whose confines he had to work within.

If he wanted to create a world with only good, he could have.

Any created beings, in such a universe/creation, would have to be, no more than 'automatons'.

Yes, God could have made such a creation.

But he chose a different path [we presume].

Quote:

“God created things which had free will....
....Of course God knew what would happen if they used their freedom the wrong way: apparently, He thought it worth the risk. (...) If God thinks this state of war in the universe a price worth paying for free will -that is, for making a real world in which creatures can do real good or harm and something of real importance can happen, instead of a toy world which only moves when He pulls the strings....”

cited....

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Apr 5th, 2019 at 1:36pm

issuevoter wrote on Mar 24th, 2019 at 10:06pm:
random wrote on Mar 24th, 2019 at 8:14pm:

Jesus was way cool.
Everybody liked Jesus.
And if he had wanted to,
Sugar into cocaine,
He was really cool.
That's so cool.

So they killed him.
He rose from the dead,
I mean, that's so cool.
Jesus was so cool.

No, he could not.

Most people well agree, laughter is the best medicine. Wit, and a sharp sense of humour are signs of intelligence. These aspects of the human condition are universal and highly regarded in most societies. Yet there are no jokes in the Bible or the Koran. You will find nothing even the slightest bit amusing in those writings because the authors did not value humour. Not a healthy outlook on life.

Smiley

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Apr 5th, 2019 at 2:07pm

Reality is, most of what we are was determined by our genes at teh moment of conception

so we have Billy, raised right, but ends up being the black sheep of the family.  Because way back, one or more of his ancestors was a head-case and that gene slipped itself into poor Billy

Researchers now are attributing almost everything to genes, which our own ancestors knew hundreds of years ago

Any god worth its salt knows it too

We don't know what we are and researchers are suggesting we don't exist and may be, instead, a programme

When we dream, it's real.  Then we awaken to the official 'real' world.  In dreams, we seem to visit other worlds and dimensions which also seem real

As humans, we are restricted to seeing and hearing etc. less than one percent of all which exists.  So we're in no position to claim to know much at all

I quit attending church when all the happy-slappy, kissy, huggy stuff kicked off.  I don't like being mauled by strangers and don't want to have to maul them back out of politeness.  In any case, I didn't attend chuch much before the nonsense began

There's something out there. I call it God for the sake of convenience and I appreciate the fact that God is there

I couldn't quote much of the Bible although I appreciate it's filled with worthwhile advice. It just doesn't grab me as attention-grabbing reading material. Maybe I got too much of it as a kid.  And had 'honour thy mother and father' beaten into me, which made me of the opinion the Bible didn't really address the suffering of the children of those supposedly honourable parents

So Ok -- we're condemned to the domination of our genes, over which we had no say
Those genes determine our thoughts, actions. No god worth listening to could possible blame us for our thoughts, actions and instead should have created each individual as a tabula rasa instead of as beads on long strings, all bearing the sins of the fathers.  The current system is identical to those which mass produce faulty items, which in turn result in product recalls. There's no product recall in Life, instead, the faulty item (individual) is blamed for his/her inherent faults (and blamed, imprisoned, etc)

This is not a fair system. In fact, it's a monstrostity.  Farmers do not breed from crap stock, be that animal or plant. They rid the herd and field of the crap and breed/grow only from the best

The wealthy pay a premium for the best genes in racehorses, beasts, etc.  In a sane world, we would do the same with humans and rid the field of the crap -- yes, eugenics, genocide

and the adage: 'God help he who helps himself' or 'they' as more correctly applies in world terms

We are breeding from faulty stock, then behave surprised by the results.  No religion can cure such stupidity

but it all grinds on, the blame-game: "if you're bad, it's your own fault, you should have gone to church' which is the equivalent of telling the child born without limbs, 'It's your own fault. You should have arranged to be born to a different gene pool, to parents who didn't use drugs' whatever

Blame the humans for their flaws is the mantra of organised religions, and always blame satin -- and sit a judgemental god at the top, one which the holy books insist is biding its time, on and on, in order it can eventually throw all the flawed humans into an eternally burning hell.  What a load of ...
and behind it an industry (the religion industry) which cannot lose as they sit there casting blame left and right while enjoying power, money and tax exemptions

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #38 - Apr 5th, 2019 at 9:34pm

PZ547 wrote on Apr 5th, 2019 at 2:07pm:
There's something out there. I call it God for the sake of convenience and I appreciate the fact that God is there

Out where?

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Apr 6th, 2019 at 6:04am

issuevoter wrote on Apr 5th, 2019 at 9:34pm:
PZ547 wrote on Apr 5th, 2019 at 2:07pm:

Out where?

Could be inner space, or outer space or who knows

We have our extremely limited five -- some say six -- senses

We have our artificial concept of Time

If we grew up alone in the bush, would we have any concept of a higher-being? Notable coincidences, for instance -- would we (living as a wild thing in the bush) reach the conclusion (based on these notable coincidences) that there was something more than our well-honed five senses?  Would we consider a particular natural formation -- tree or rock -- to possess more than ordinary significance because that tree or rock was the location of an unsettling experience, perhaps more than once, for example?  Would we return to that particular tree or rock in awe, or perhaps reverance?  Would we elevate it to a type of 'god' status?  If the original experience/set of coincidences were beneficial to us, we might.  If on the other hand that tree or rock had been the site of frightening/negative experiences/coincidences, we might regard it as 'demonic' and something to be avoided or appeased

so, some might argue that we create gods and demons.  Others might say we would have no concept of either were it not for early childhood conditioning, i.e., organised religion

Most humans have at least one notable experience which persuades them that there's 'more' beyond or outside their material existence.  Some are scared by that realisation and fall back on the black and white claims of religion, i.e., good/evil, god/debil.  Or, they simply deny the event occurred, or mark it down to 'just coincidence'

Or, it may be that our human concept of Time is way out of whack, with the truth being that thousands of years by our reckoning is a mere blink of the eye in other realities, in which case evolution as we regard it is as fleeting as the life-span of an earthly butterfly, hence our limited understanding of gods/God

It's easy to understand why some people, regardless of their intellect or superiority in other fields, still have embedded in their mind the belief that God is a bearded old guy who might be all-forgiving or strict or simply indifferent, depending on their earliest impressions formed by early religious teachings.  And depending on their other childhood experiences with parents and teachers, they might reject, rebel or accept god/s and religion

Some people's life-experiences are mundane for the larger part whilst the lives of others are filled with extraordinary experiences which force them to think outside the box

Someone who's been forced by experience to suspect or believe that there is more than the ordinary five senses (or the life, death and heavenly paradise promised by religion) will have little in common with those who choose not to ponder or question.  The former are forced to reveal their extraordinary experiences in the hope of finding confirmation in the experiences of others. The latter believe the former to be unhinged and fantasists. What separates the two?  Is it random or are some wired in a way which predisposes them to experience 'more'?

We're told that Moses returned from the mountain blazing with glory/radiation burns and carrying miraculously engraved tablets whilst the rank and file were happily cavorting around idols.  But where are the Moses of today?  And what would be their fate if someone were to stagger down from a hill today, claiming to possess tombstones personally engraved by God?  No doubt that individual would be dragged off to a psychiatric institution.  At the same time, billionaires today fund teams intent on discovering Noah's Ark and the Ark of the Covenant and highly educated individuals are killed and murdered as result of those ongoing searches -- hundreds of books are devoted to the subject and societies and wars rest on biblical stories

Were people mad back then?  Are we of today mad?  Where are our current prophets -- medicated in secure installations?  No further personal inscriptions from God in thousands of years past?  Or, as suggested, is our concept of Time skewed? 

The Ten Commandments are excellent, imo.  If we'd never heard of them, we'd be hard pressed to come up with anything to better them.  So either we credit them to a wise God, or we salute those old tale tellers

and back in that same era and long before it, people had and discussed experiences which fell outside the norm and suggested the dead may communicate with the living, for example, and miraculous escapes from injury and death, prophetic dreams and visions, etc.  People are still having these experiences and people generally are very interested in the evidence suggesting there is 'more', as is revealed in the popularity of books and websites dedicated to what is termed the paranormal.  Not many these days claim to have spoken with God, but tales of the paranormal suggest God is still working in mysterious ways.  It's claimed this is because the human ego is hungry for evidence of continued existence after physical death.  But isn't this exactly what organised religions rely upon for their own continued existence, not to mention their daily bread and butter?

So, blind faith or evidence?  Some of us have experienced a form of evidence

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #40 - Apr 6th, 2019 at 8:09am

PZ: "Could be inner space, or outer space, or who knows?"

This is inadequate as an answer to a question about your "fact," that God is there.

As for your "thinking outside the box" That is condescending

Finally, you state, "some of us have experienced a form of evidence."

There is only one way for your theory to work, and this goes back beyond Abraham. You require more than one perception of reality. The true and correct reality can only be experienced with esoteric knowledge. In the above quotes , you have claimed this.

i suspect you have a predisposition for wishful thinking.

There is only one reality and it is perceived by all living things. You do not have secret knowledge, but you are not alone. Here are some of the forumites who claim esoteric knowledge of the cosmos:

Light Boy Namaste

Yadda

Bobby

Sprint

Scoot

Brian Ross, Doctor of Divinity.

Gandalf

John Taverner

Capitosinora

Red Baron

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #41 - Apr 6th, 2019 at 5:08pm

Our body is the type of a 'church', 'a house of God'.

It is a house 'made without hands', where God desires to dwell,     ...or not.

Do we, would we, welcome God's spirit, into your house ?

If God dwells with us, he mingles his spirit, with our own.
....and if not, then we remain 'gentiles', and lost, wandering, in the wilderness of this world.

Psalms 5:1
Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my meditation.
2  Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray.
3  My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
4  For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee.
5  The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

Psalms 25:8
Good and upright is the LORD: therefore will he teach sinners in the way.
9  The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.
10  All the paths of the LORD are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.
11  For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great.
12  What man is he that feareth the LORD? him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose.
13  His soul shall dwell at ease; and his seed shall inherit the earth.
14  The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.

Psalms 51:10
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
11  Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
12  Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
13  Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.

John 16:7
Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8  And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9  Of sin, because they believe not on me;
10  Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
11  Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
12  I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
13  Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Isaiah 40:3
The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
4  Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:
5  And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #42 - Apr 6th, 2019 at 5:12pm

Christianity, 2019, doesn't need a God.

This isn't unique, this is but one example.....

WWW search....
Denying God From the Pulpit, United Church of Canada minister, is an atheist

WWW search....
An ordained United Church of Canada minister, believes in neither God nor Bible

WWW search....
United Church Allows Atheist Pastor to Remain in Pulpit

Quote:

Meet the United Church minister who came out as an atheist

By Amy Dempsey
Feb. 21, 2016

....Vosper came out to her congregation. She made it clear that she did not believe in the God called God — a supernatural being who intervenes in human affairs.

“It’s not that I don’t have a definition of God that I can adhere to,” Vosper, 57, explained recently. “It’s that I think we need to stop using that language.”

Afterward, she prepared to be fired. But West Hill, a particularly progressive congregation, wanted her to stay. And so began the evolution of a small Scarborough church. Prayer turned into community sharing time. Hymns were rewritten. Talk of God and Jesus was replaced with talk of love, compassion and beauty.

....There has been a slow but growing movement in the United Church toward downplaying Jesus and the Bible, and moving toward a more metaphorical interpretation of religious symbols and a greater emphasis on humanist, environmental and social justice causes. Some argue it will reinvent a struggling church with declining attendance.

https://www.thestar.com/news/insight/2016/02/21/meet-the-united-church-minister-...

Yadda wrote on Mar 17th, 2019 at 10:42pm:

Its not only in America.....

Quote:

ERICKSON: Into The Quadragesima

By Erick Erickson
March 16, 2019

......Christianity in America has become increasingly superficial.

Liberal Christians want to steer orthodoxy toward popular culture....

https://www.dailywire.com/news/44745/erickson-quadragesima-erick-erickson

John 3:6
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7  Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Luke 18:8
....when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Isaiah 43:11
I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Isaiah 45:21
Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.
22  Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
23  I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Hosea 13:4
Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #43 - Apr 6th, 2019 at 7:11pm

Should go to Church.
More chance of finding a virgin concubine, than at a night club. Cheesy

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #44 - Apr 6th, 2019 at 7:16pm

Romans 8:7
Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

But you knew that.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print