greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 12:37pm:
Johnnie wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 12:30pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 12:11pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 17th, 2019 at 9:12pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 17th, 2019 at 8:53pm:
Johnnie wrote on Mar 17th, 2019 at 8:51pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 17th, 2019 at 8:38pm:
Johnnie wrote on Mar 17th, 2019 at 8:37pm:
Multiculturalism is rearing its ugly head, be alert but not afraid, Waleed will know what to do in these times.

Apologist.

https://www.reportextremism.livingsafetogether.gov.au/

You just can't handle the truth.

I can handle it.

I'm not going to sit by and do nothing about it, though.

I'll expose and report apologists.

Isn't that a little bit extreme, Greg - this labeling of open discussion as apologetics and then extending this to mean the commentator is 'extremist' and somehow violent?

No, not at all.

We've had forum members here who have rejoiced at the NZ terrorist attack.

Others have said that all Muslims should be murdered.

Another said that he'd like to blow me up.

If there are potential terrorists in this forum, they need to be put on a watch list.

You need to go to a sleep clinic.

You need to stop apologizing for terrorists.

You need to grow some balls.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Waleed Aly
Reply #91 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 12:50pm

Gordon wrote on Mar 17th, 2019 at 12:51pm:
Very emotional over the events in Christchurch, we all are.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/oceania/the-most-dishonest-thing-would-be-to-say-that-i-m-shocked-20190316-p514q2.html

Yet when his Sunni mates kill 300+ of the heretic branch of Islam....crickets chirping.

Nov. 27, 2017, 2:09 AM GMT+11 / Updated Nov. 27, 2017, 2:08 AM GMT+11 / Source: Reuters
By Reuters

ISMAILIA, Egypt — The mosque was packed with hundreds of worshippers for Friday prayers in Egypt's North Sinai when gunmen in military-style uniforms and masks appeared in a doorway and at windows.

The ease with which they mounted an attack — killing more than 300 people in the worst bloodshed of its kind in Egypt's modern history — highlighted the threat militant groups pose in the most populous Arab country.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/isis-raises-stakes-egypt-mosque-attack-n82398...

Quite disingenuous of you Gordon. You know as well as I do that for any Australian the Christchurch incident resonates far closer than anything that happens in the Middle East - muslim or not. Especially given the Australian connection. This guy was in our country, plotting the mass murder of muslims like Waleed. He could have chosen a mosque in Australia, logcially, since he is Australian. Also consider his manifesto - particularly wanting to target muslims in the west, for being in the west. Thats exactly describes Waleed's personal story. Its a bit unfair to blame Waleed, or any other Australian muslim for being more emotionally affected by this than yet another massacre in on the other side of the world. Is it right that Australian muslims generally don't care much about the routine slaughter in the Middle East (just as most Australian non-muslims don't either)? Of course not, but that is human nature, and you would be just as guilty of this same bias as Waleed or any other Australian.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #92 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 12:57pm

Frank wrote on Mar 17th, 2019 at 6:08pm:
John Smith wrote on Mar 17th, 2019 at 5:51pm:
Frank wrote on Mar 17th, 2019 at 5:43pm:
The relentless sectarian violence between sunni and shia Muslims since the death of Mo is  - OR FAULT!!!!!  YAY!!!!!!   What else are you guilty of, Gino?

what has that to do with terrorists bombing the west you cretin? Leave them to fight their own battles. They'll either sort themselves out or kill each other.
Instead you want to go there to force your 'democracy' on them, why? because it is your belief that is the best for them?  .... and then cry when they try to force their beliefs onto you? Cheesy Cheesy

You can't force them into a democracy. We should not be there. The west need to bugger off out of the ME and leave them to it.

Leave them there - exactly. 

Don't let them in here to perpetuate their idiotic, violent, unresolvable internal war about Mo's rightful successors.
Stop Muslim immigration into Western countries until the DO resolve their war and simmer down and learn to live without endless vendettas.  You Southern Italians could have some advice to them about endless vendettas, couldn't you?

Hang on Frank, is this you claiming that there would be situations in which you would allow muslim immigration?

How very very dishonest of you. This would have to be about the most dishonest thing you have said to date. Shame on you.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #93 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 12:58pm

Johnnie wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 12:40pm:
Multiculturalism is rearing its ugly head, be alert but not afraid, Waleed will know what to do in these times.

Apologist.

I can handle it.

Isn't that a little bit extreme, Greg - this labeling of open discussion as apologetics and then extending this to mean the commentator is 'extremist' and somehow violent?

No, not at all.

If there are potential terrorists in this forum, they need to be put on a watch list.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #94 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 1:01pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 12:58pm:
Johnnie wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 12:40pm:

Apologist.

I can handle it.

No, not at all.

When have I done that?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #95 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 1:26pm

Setanta wrote on Mar 17th, 2019 at 10:04pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Mar 17th, 2019 at 9:54pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 17th, 2019 at 8:50pm:
John Smith wrote on Mar 17th, 2019 at 8:48pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 17th, 2019 at 8:40pm:
John Smith wrote on Mar 17th, 2019 at 8:35pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 17th, 2019 at 8:33pm:
John Smith wrote on Mar 17th, 2019 at 8:30pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 17th, 2019 at 8:28pm:
Early White Australia was a monoculture dick stain. Look it up.

and yet we had chinese, russians, arabs, indians and many more  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

In tiny numbers that had no significant social impact.

so we were multicultural then. Glad you finally agree. Cheesy

Japan has small numbers of foreign people but would you call it multicultural??

depends ... did those people move there before 1970  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I don't know. Ask them. You obviously don't know what multiculturalism is because Japan is a monoculture. Just like what Australia once was.

I'm sure that will come as a surprise to the Ainu, Hammer who are the original, Indigenous people of the Japanese islands...   Roll Eyes

What do you know about the Ainu, Brian? Serious Q.

Not that much.  I am aware that they are the Indigenous people of the Japanese Islands and Sakalin and other islands to the north of Japan.  They are related to Tibetan and other Central Asian, Asians.   They are a distinct cultural and "racial" group from the majority of Japanese and were up until the mid-19th century the victims of many pogroms from the Japanese.   After that period they were officially recognised.  Australians fought them in WWII in the Owen Stanley Kokoda campaign.  They have been discriminated against by the Japanese ever since the arrival of the modern Japanese in the islands.  Sometimes they have been killed, without retribution by the Japanese.   Today, they are tolerated and their culture (or what remains of it) continues to exist side-by-side with mainstream Japanese culture.

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #96 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 6:53pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 12:57pm:
Frank wrote on Mar 17th, 2019 at 6:08pm:
John Smith wrote on Mar 17th, 2019 at 5:51pm:
Frank wrote on Mar 17th, 2019 at 5:43pm:
The relentless sectarian violence between sunni and shia Muslims since the death of Mo is  - OR FAULT!!!!!  YAY!!!!!!   What else are you guilty of, Gino?

what has that to do with terrorists bombing the west you cretin? Leave them to fight their own battles. They'll either sort themselves out or kill each other.
Instead you want to go there to force your 'democracy' on them, why? because it is your belief that is the best for them?  .... and then cry when they try to force their beliefs onto you? Cheesy Cheesy

You can't force them into a democracy. We should not be there. The west need to bugger off out of the ME and leave them to it.

Leave them there - exactly. 

Don't let them in here to perpetuate their idiotic, violent, unresolvable internal war about Mo's rightful successors.
Stop Muslim immigration into Western countries until the DO resolve their war and simmer down and learn to live without endless vendettas.  You Southern Italians could have some advice to them about endless vendettas, couldn't you?

Hang on Frank, is this you claiming that there would be situations in which you would allow muslim immigration?

How very very dishonest of you. This would have to be about the most dishonest thing you have said to date. Shame on you.

Don't panic, G. This is just the old boy saying as if that'll ever happen. As Moses says, "and upon that day Islam will cease to exist."

Frank's on record as calling for the reintroduction on the White Australia Policy. He'd happily allow Muslims into his country of choice if only they were Christian and not tinted.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #97 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 7:53pm

Waleed has an agenda and we the public know it well, the line is drawn, now who in the opposite end of the spectrum with such celebrity status can oppose him, without being a RBI, (racist bigot islamophobe).

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #98 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 10:22pm

Johnnie wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 7:53pm:
Waleed has an agenda and we the public know it well, the line is drawn, now who in the opposite end of the spectrum with such celebrity status can oppose him, without being a RBI, (racist bigot islamophobe).

Yeah, yeah, sure.  Look, will you run along back to the little kiddies' playground where you belong?  Your trolling is tolerated there.  Here, adults want a real conversation, OK?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #99 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 6:06am

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 10:22pm:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Yeah, yeah, sure.  Look, will you run along back to the little kiddies' playground where you belong?  Your trolling is tolerated there.  Here, adults want a real conversation, OK?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

sorry bwian but your post isnt an arguement.
its just personal abuse.
epic fail

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #100 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 8:11am

Only someone who isn't in desperate need to have Media Celebrity status him/herself. Media personnel and Celebrities thrive on their 'victims' to be desperate for the Media dollar$ and to 'tow the line' for their benefit.
A Corporal will always bow to the Captain in the end.
But someone outside the Military are free to tell a Colonel where to go.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #101 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 9:32am

That'd be "toe the line".

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #102 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 9:38am

greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 17th, 2019 at 2:05pm:
More apologists for white-supremacist terrorism.

Disturbing.

Do you have evidence that Tarrant has any links to any white supremacist group or radical Christian group?

And why do you sideways/apologise the continuing terrorist attacks by Islamic supremacists even on their own Muslim brothers and sisters of differing sects?

Are they "brown supremacists" or just religious supremacist/radicals?

You Berk.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #103 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 9:54am

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 1:26pm:
Setanta wrote on Mar 17th, 2019 at 10:04pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Mar 17th, 2019 at 9:54pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 17th, 2019 at 8:50pm:
John Smith wrote on Mar 17th, 2019 at 8:48pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 17th, 2019 at 8:40pm:
John Smith wrote on Mar 17th, 2019 at 8:35pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 17th, 2019 at 8:33pm:
John Smith wrote on Mar 17th, 2019 at 8:30pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 17th, 2019 at 8:28pm:
Early White Australia was a monoculture dick stain. Look it up.

and yet we had chinese, russians, arabs, indians and many more  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

In tiny numbers that had no significant social impact.

so we were multicultural then. Glad you finally agree. Cheesy

Japan has small numbers of foreign people but would you call it multicultural??

depends ... did those people move there before 1970  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I don't know. Ask them. You obviously don't know what multiculturalism is because Japan is a monoculture. Just like what Australia once was.

I'm sure that will come as a surprise to the Ainu, Hammer who are the original, Indigenous people of the Japanese islands...   Roll Eyes

What do you know about the Ainu, Brian? Serious Q.

Not that much.  I am aware that they are the Indigenous people of the Japanese Islands and Sakalin and other islands to the north of Japan.  They are related to Tibetan and other Central Asian, Asians.   They are a distinct cultural and "racial" group from the majority of Japanese and were up until the mid-19th century the victims of many pogroms from the Japanese.   After that period they were officially recognised.  Australians fought them in WWII in the Owen Stanley Kokoda campaign.  They have been discriminated against by the Japanese ever since the arrival of the modern Japanese in the islands.  Sometimes they have been killed, without retribution by the Japanese.   Today, they are tolerated and their culture (or what remains of it) continues to exist side-by-side with mainstream Japanese culture.

The Ainu have been discriminated against more so because they are much lighter/whiter than the majority Japanese who have paleo-mongoloid origins.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #104 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 9:55am

Gnads wrote on Mar 19th, 2019 at 9:38am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 17th, 2019 at 2:05pm:
More apologists for white-supremacist terrorism.

Disturbing.

Do you have evidence that Tarrant has any links to any white supremacist group or radical Christian group?

I've never, at any time, said that the terrorist has links to any white supremacist group or radical Christian group.

You must be mistaking me for someone else.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12
Send Topic Print