Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 26
Send Topic Print
Ozpolitic and Tarrant hate manifesto (Read 13093 times)
mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Ozpolitic and Tarrant hate manifesto
Reply #255 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 9:34pm

I beg your pardon. You did answer the question. With a 'no'.

It appears i overestimated you.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #256 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 9:38pm

Setanta wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 8:39pm:
Aussie wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 8:35pm:
Stuff this 'and what about' crap.

You know my point.

I'll try a more obtuse way.

Why do several people stare at a single painting and come up with several entirely different interpretations of it.

Whatever they come up with, what is the genesis of their interpretation? The picture? Is Islam a picture? Is that what you are saying? If they killed people because of the picture would they have never killed someone if they had never seen it?

It's what they choose to read into it.  What they so choose has SFA to do with the painting or the Artist who probably did not share any of their interpretations.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #257 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 9:40pm

mothra wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 9:31pm:
Setanta wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 9:22pm:
mothra wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 9:21pm:
Setanta wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 9:19pm:
mothra wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 9:14pm:
Setanta wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 9:11pm:
mothra wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 9:01pm:
Setanta wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 8:18pm:
Aussie wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 8:03pm:
Quote:
How does an inanimate object take on an ideology and act of it's own volition? It obviously can't. The human who wields it can and does, the human with an ideology that sparks him to action.

Like....an arsehole extremist, for example.  Why don't we see Gandalf and many other Muslims here in Australia and NZ....gunning people down?

Do you blame Christianity on the rape of kids by Priests.....or is that exclusively at the feet of the arsehole Priests personally and NOTHING to do with Christianity?

You and yours call a bunch of people here racist white supremacists but we don't see them in the papers or TV killing people. So what do you have against them, when one "lone wolf" nutter goes off? Why do you hate on them for their ideology and yet defend Islam? It's hypocrisy.

There is plenty about Islam that redeems itself from more odious elements of it's texts.

I'm interested as to what you think is redeeming about white supremacy.

Probably the same as Aussie says for Arabs. Arabia for the Arabs, Japan for the Japanese, Africa for Africansm China for the Chinese... Europa for everyone.

The funny thing is only Europeans, those filthy white supremacists let the hoards in, yet they are the bad guys.

To your first paragraph ... the horse has already bolted. So the redeeming feature of white supremacy is ....?

To the second, perhaps white people don;t flock to tinted lands because we've stripped them bare and utterly rooted them?

Now, do you have a sensible answer to my question?

I don't think there is Mothra. I don't think any group is fundamentally superior.

I quite agree.

Now given that i see redeeming features to Islam, can you see how i am not, as you claimed, a hypocrite?

Islam is an ideology not a person. It's a mind virus like every other ideology that seeks domination of others. So... No.

That's a bullshit distinction that means absolutely nothing.

What you're justifying is the abuse of people because of their faith ... although you call it an attack on their faith so you can assuage the guilt you at least should feel over your own complicity in prejudice.

As Karnal would say, cunning. Fools the great unwashed on here and that's a bar low enough for you, these days.

Yet you have dodged my question. That's okay ... i know what your answer must be. I'd be impressed if you were enlightened enough to adjust to fit what must be your new understanding.

I have no idea how you come to that conclusion. I'm not and have never justified the abuse of people because of their "faith(mind infection)". What I have always stated is that ideologies are open for any and all criticism. You are the one saying people are their ideology and to question it is to question their existence. I've been clear in this forever. You know this, everyone should know this. You seem to be making the claim that ones ideology is one's self and to question it is abusing the person. Sorry, what one thinks is not sacred and is open to criticism, evaluation and even judgement.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #258 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 9:45pm

Setanta, i'm not getting into a ideological exchange with you over whether or not it is okay to criticise a religion. Of course it is. Not one person has ever said it isn't.

What we are complaining about is the hate speech on Ozpol and how such hate-speech recently led to the extermination of a whole lot of probably very nice people.

Your response to this was to say they had it comiong and then talk lovingly about guns for pages.

You were in very good company.

The fact that that doesn't alarm you about yourself and those who joined in with you to greater r lesser degrees is, in my opinion, utterly disgraceful. I am evidently not alone.

And the fact that you seek association with those who behave as they do and instead challenge those warning against the malignancy of those ideas speaks, i'm afraid to say, utter volumes about you.

Yet you persevere. Maintaining your right to call not them backwards ... just what they do and think and stuff. Yeah, that's fine.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #259 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 9:47pm

Next time you look in the mirror, utter these words:

"Wrong side of history".

See if they fit.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #260 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 9:51pm

mothra wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 9:34pm:

It appears you use that excuse when you don't get the answer you want. I have nothing to hide. I don't hate on people, ideologies are another story. It's sad you can't separate people from their beliefs or your fixation on people "being" their beliefs. I guess you are just a bit shallow.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #261 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 9:55pm

Setanta wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 9:51pm:

It appears you use that excuse when you don't get the answer you want. I have nothing to hide. I don't hate on people, ideologies are another story. It's sad you can't separate people from their beliefs or your fixation on people "being" their beliefs. I guess you are just a bit shallow.

No Setanta. When you insult Islam as you do, you insult the Muslims who identify with it.

It's interesting that you are protective over a bigots right not to be called on it when you agree there is nothing redeeming about it .... yet you cannot apply the same consideration to Islam, when there is much that redeems it.

But you won't see this. You never do.

Because you identify with one side but not the other. And you lack empathy.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #262 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 9:56pm

And please stop sending me rude and insulting pm's. I have asked you privately twice now.

If you persist after this, i will contact FD.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #263 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 9:57pm

Quote:
Your response to this was to say they had it comiong and then talk lovingly about guns for pages.

Not sure about all of that, but it is entirely true that within a day or so of the event, a Thread about that massacre was reduced to crap about what bullet was more effective, and that, despite a Member posting about the (appalling) off topic nature of it......some bizarre attempt at diversion.  But, there it was.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #264 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 9:58pm

mothra wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 9:45pm:
Setanta, i'm not getting into a ideological exchange with you over whether or not it is okay to criticise a religion. Of course it is. Not one person has ever said it isn't.

What we are complaining about is the hate speech on Ozpol and how such hate-speech recently led to the extermination of a whole lot of probably very nice people.

The fact that that doesn't alarm you about yourself and those who joined in with you to greater r lesser degrees is, in my opinion, utterly disgraceful. I am evidently not alone.

And the fact that you seek association with those who behave as they do and instead challenge those warning against the malignancy of those ideas speaks, i'm afraid to say, utter volumes about you.

Yet you persevere. Maintaining your right to call not them backwards ... just what they do and think and stuff. Yeah, that's fine.

That is not what I have been discussing with you at all. You are shifting goalposts again. I have been making my POV absolutely clear. You argue my POV shows disrespect to people not "mind memes" and you want to put onto me your definition. Sorry, I'm not accepting your "gift".

I have no problem with people, I have problem with ideologies. That you only have problems with ideologies you disagree with while defending others that are just as nasty but SJW safe is piss poor. There is no difference between WS and Islam except on is SJW condoned.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #265 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 10:00pm

Setanta wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 9:15pm:
Laugh till you cry wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 9:13pm:
Setanta wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 9:07pm:
Absolutely K! Now show where I have, please.

Setanta, you exposed yourself with a hate rant. You have exited the Ozpolitic woodpile.

Hatred and bigotry are not far below the skin of bigots and racists.

Link cumgobbler?

Be a man and confess.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #266 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 10:00pm

mothra wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 9:56pm:
And please stop sending me rude and insulting pm's. I have asked you privately twice now.

If you persist after this, i will contact FD.

Feel free to post my last few PMs publicly as long as you post what I'm responding to... In fact if you give your permission, I'll post both sides. You up for that?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #267 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 10:00pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 10:00pm:
Setanta wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 9:15pm:
Laugh till you cry wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 9:13pm:
Setanta wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 9:07pm:
Absolutely K! Now show where I have, please.

Setanta, you exposed yourself with a hate rant. You have exited the Ozpolitic woodpile.

Hatred and bigotry are not far below the skin of bigots and racists.

Link cumgobbler?

Be a man and confess.

OK, You got me, you gobbled my cum.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #268 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 10:01pm

Setanta wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 9:58pm:
mothra wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 9:45pm:

That is not what I have been discussing with you at all. You are shifting goalposts again. I have been making my POV absolutely clear. You argue my POV shows disrespect to people not "mind memes" and you want to put onto me your definition. Sorry, I'm not accepting your "gift".

I have no problem with people, I have problem with ideologies. That you only have problems with ideologies you disagree with while defending others that are just as nasty but SJW safe is piss poor. There is no difference between WS and Islam except on is SJW condoned.

The goal posts are intact. It is you ducking and weaving.

You called our 'side' (immensely childishly) hypocrites because allegedly, we call people bigots for being bigots but we get precious about Islam being trashed.

I pointed out to you that Islam had redeeming features yet white supreamcy had none, therefore we are clearly not hypocrites.

You'e danced a jolly jig all over the place trying to ignore this simple equation.

Why? I do think it's because you're in one of the nominated camps.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #269 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 10:03pm

mothra wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 9:55pm:
Setanta wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 9:51pm:

No Setanta. When you insult Islam as you do, you insult the Muslims who identify with it.

It's interesting that you are protective over a bigots right not to be called on it when you agree there is nothing redeeming about it .... yet you cannot apply the same consideration to Islam, when there is much that redeems it.

But you won't see this. You never do.

Because you identify with one side but not the other. And you lack empathy.

But it's OK to insult Christians as you and others do? Guess what. I have no problem giving equal treatment to them all.
What side do I empathise with? This should be interesting.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 26
Send Topic Print