Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 31
Send Topic Print
MASS SHOOTING at Christchurch Mosque (Read 31751 times)
Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: MASS SHOOTING at Christchurch Mosque
Reply #30 - Mar 15th, 2019 at 2:46pm

mothra wrote on Mar 15th, 2019 at 2:45pm:
I've just read there was a nearby school strike for climate change.

Imagine all of those freaked out kids.

like those freaked out kids at that pop concert in the uk?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Mar 15th, 2019 at 2:48pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 15th, 2019 at 2:44pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 15th, 2019 at 2:42pm:
mothra wrote on Mar 15th, 2019 at 2:37pm:
Just rips your heart out, doesn't it?

Nothing good comes from hatred. Nothing.

Indeed.

And we have people like Yadda, Mr Hammer, moses et al. to thank for spreading their irrational, deep-seated hatred and spurring on these white supremacist terrorists.

Don't leave out Nicole who posted that she wished death on every Muslim man, woman and child.

Indeed.

And not one of these "people" have condemned this terrorist attack.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Mar 15th, 2019 at 2:48pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 15th, 2019 at 2:46pm:
mothra wrote on Mar 15th, 2019 at 2:45pm:
I've just read there was a nearby school strike for climate change.

Imagine all of those freaked out kids.

like those freaked out kids at that pop concert in the uk?

Absolutely. That was horrible.

Today, i'm more concerned for the kids in Christchurch though.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #33 - Mar 15th, 2019 at 2:49pm

This is the alleged Aussie prick.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Mar 15th, 2019 at 2:49pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 15th, 2019 at 2:49pm:

Well, i wouldn't take him home to mother, that's for sure.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #35 - Mar 15th, 2019 at 2:50pm

Quote:
Alleged mosque shooter believed to be Australian
15th Mar 2019 2:18 PM

A GUNMAN who livestreamed himself opening fire at the Al Noor Mosque in Christchurch also posted a manifesto online addressing his reasons for the attack.

The man, who identified himself on Twitter as 'Brenton Tarrant' from Australia, livestreamed his deadly attack and turned the camera on himself before carrying it out.

In a lengthy 73-page manifesto, he described himself as "just a regular White man".
More Stories

Ardern: This is one of our darkest days
    ‘Just escaped’: Cricket team flees shooting
    Test team flees mosque shooting

The 28-year-old noted he was born "to a working class, low-income family … who decided to take a stand to ensure a future for my people".

The gunman said he carried out the attack to "directly reduce immigration rates to European lands".

The gunman who livestreamed himself opening fire on a Christchurch mosque, turned the camera on himself before carrying out his deadly attack.
The gunman who livestreamed himself opening fire on a Christchurch mosque, turned the camera on himself before carrying out his deadly attack.

He described his reasons for the disgusting attack as to "show the invaders that our lands will never be their lands, our homelands are our own and that, as long as a white man still lives, they will NEVER conquer our lands and they will never replace our people".

Tarrant revealed he had been planning an attack for up to two years, noting he decided on Christchurch three months ago.

He said New Zealand was not the "original choice for attack", but described it as "target rich of an environment as anywhere else in the West".

"An attack in New Zealand would bring to attention the truth of the assault on our civilisation, that no where (sic) in the world was safe, the invaders were in all of our lands, even in the remotest areas of the world and that tehre was no where (sic) left to go that was safe and free from mass immigration."

Claiming to represent "millions of European and other ethno-nationalist peoples", he said "we must ensure the existence of our people, and a future for white children".

The gunman described the attack as an act of "revenge on the invaders for the hundreds of thousands of death caused by foreign invaders in European lands throughout history … for the enslavement of millions of Europeans taken from their lands by the Islamic slavers … (and) for the thousands of European lives lost to terror attacks throughout European lands."

He also said it was to take revenge for Ebba Akerlund, the 11-year-old child who was killed in a 2017 terror attack in Stockholm.

Further down in the manifesto, Tarrant described the Stockholm attack as the "first event" that inspired him to commit the attack, particularly the death of the 11-year-old girl.

"Ebba (sic) death at the ahdns of the invaders, the indignity of her violent demise and my inability to stop it broke through my own jaded cynicism like a sledgehammer. I could no longer ignore the attacks."

Ebba Akerlund, 11, was killed in a truck attack in Stockholm in 2017.
Ebba Akerlund, 11, was killed in a truck attack in Stockholm in 2017.

He said the attack was also inspired by a trip he took to France in 2017. "For many years I had been hearing and reading of the invasion of France by non-whites, many of these rumours and stories I believed to be exaggerations, created to push a political narrative.

"But once I arrived in France, I found the stories not only be true, but profoundly understated. In every french city, in every french town the invaders were there."

Earlier in the manifesto, Tarrant described his childhood as "regular" and "without any great issues", noting he had little interest in his education and "barely achieved a passing grade" at school. He said he earned money investing in Bitconnect, an open-source cryptocurrency.

Tarrant said he feels no remorse for the attack. "I only wish I could have killed more invaders, and more traitors as well." He also said there "was a racial component to the attack" and described it as "anti-immigration" and "an attack in the name of diversity".

He also said he will plead not guilty if he survives and goes to trial.

Posting on an 8chan forum, a user who identified himself as Tarrant announced he would carry out the attack.

"I will carry out and attack against the invaders, and will even live stream the attack via facebook," he wrote, with a link to his Facebook page. "If I don't survive the attack, goodbye, godbless and I will see you all in Valhalla!"

Many anonymous users responded praising him for the attack, with comments like "Godspeed" and "that video is so goddamn good".

Tarrant announced on internet forum 8chan that he would carry out the attack. Picture: 8chan
Tarrant announced on internet forum 8chan that he would carry out the attack. Picture: 8chan

People in the 8chan forum praised the gunman’s post.
People in the 8chan forum praised the gunman’s post.

In the days leading up to the attack, Tarrant posted photos to his now-suspended Twitter account of what appears to be guns, ammunition and a military-style vest.

The weaponry is scrawled with references to ancient battles and more recent attacks against Muslims.

Tarrant posted photos to his now-suspended Twitter account of what appears to be guns, ammunition and a military-style vest.
Tarrant posted photos to his now-suspended Twitter accoun..

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #36 - Mar 15th, 2019 at 2:51pm

^^^Word count exceeded.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Mar 15th, 2019 at 2:51pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 15th, 2019 at 2:49pm:

This white terrorist put his killing spree up on the internet, but I notice that the police have managed to block full access to the website which was hosting his video.

Well done to them.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #38 - Mar 15th, 2019 at 2:53pm

This is certainly creating a media dilemma

We know from our dictionaries that "terrorism" is when Muslims murder non-Muslims, en masse
But what do you call it when non-Muslims murder Muslims, en masse ?

Anti-terrorism, counter-terrorism, reverse-terrorism - or alternative terrorism ?

So far, the best the media can come up with is NSW born "shooter"
As "terrorist" is, apparently, incorrect - I guess "shooter" will have to do

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #39 - Mar 15th, 2019 at 2:53pm

I expect all right wing white people to unviersally condemn these attacks.

And this guy was right wing, therefore all right wingers are extremist terrorists.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Mar 15th, 2019 at 2:55pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 15th, 2019 at 2:50pm:
[quote]

Many anonymous users responded praising him for the attack, with comments like "Godspeed" and "that video is so goddamn good".

And there it is. Just breaks your heart.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #41 - Mar 15th, 2019 at 2:55pm

Ya know...those ravings from "Tarrant" are not too remote in hypo stupidity from some of the crap posted here, and most just laugh and say...."Oh isn't he such a funny and silly fella."

Shocked

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Mar 15th, 2019 at 2:56pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Mar 15th, 2019 at 2:53pm:
I expect all right wing white people to unviersally condemn these attacks.

And this guy was right wing, therefore all right wingers are extremist terrorists.

I suggest you don't hold your breath.

Hitherto, no right-wingers here have condemned this terrorist attack.

I strongly suspect that some are actually celebrating.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Mar 15th, 2019 at 2:56pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 15th, 2019 at 2:55pm:
Ya know...those ravings from "Tarrant" are not too remote in hypo stupidity from some of the crap posted here, and most just laugh and say...."Oh isn't he such a funny and silly fella."

Shocked

Very true. Chillingly.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #44 - Mar 15th, 2019 at 2:56pm

In case anyone is wondering - yes indeed Scott Morrisson has cynically used this tragedy to once again hang out some dirty laundry. The resignation of Craig Laundy and yet another corrupt government appointment for a lib mate - has just been quietly released.

These grubs really couldn't get any lower.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 31
Send Topic Print