Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 31
Send Topic Print
MASS SHOOTING at Christchurch Mosque (Read 32190 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: MASS SHOOTING at Christchurch Mosque
Reply #375 - Mar 16th, 2019 at 9:00pm

Setanta wrote on Mar 16th, 2019 at 8:42pm:
Aussie wrote on Mar 16th, 2019 at 8:35pm:
Yet...in other Threads, you are quite happy to split off 'off topic' crap.

I give up.

It is on topic. What did the idiot shoot people with? A civilian AR-15, not a military assault rifle. Why did you bring up penises? Just because the majority here think you are a massive prick...

Will you admonish yourself just like you admonished Mr Ross?

Quote:
*Snip*.... please refrain from speaking for others in future posts.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #376 - Mar 16th, 2019 at 9:28pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 16th, 2019 at 9:00pm:
Setanta wrote on Mar 16th, 2019 at 8:42pm:
Aussie wrote on Mar 16th, 2019 at 8:35pm:
Yet...in other Threads, you are quite happy to split off 'off topic' crap.

I give up.

It is on topic. What did the idiot shoot people with? A civilian AR-15, not a military assault rifle. Why did you bring up penises? Just because the majority here think you are a massive prick...

Will you admonish yourself just like you admonished Mr Ross?

Quote:
*Snip*.... please refrain from speaking for others in future posts.

I'm happy with the claim of "the majority". If you feel it's inaccurate, take a poll.

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #377 - Mar 16th, 2019 at 9:40pm

Wait one second, I am not here this often... but... is Jasin serious or he is jokingly boasting...?  Huh

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #378 - Mar 16th, 2019 at 9:48pm

Setanta wrote on Mar 16th, 2019 at 8:02pm:
Aussie wrote on Mar 16th, 2019 at 7:55pm:
Quote:
Still missing the point. An AR-15 is not a military assault rifle.

What TF are you sweating about?  'Military' or not...it was pretty damned effective.  Take this schit to the 'Gun' or whatever MRB.

It pisses me off a bit when ignorant people speak about firearms in the way that Bobby has. I'm just clearing up the fact it is not a military assault rifle, no more scary than any other semi-auto centrefire. Using that terminology only serves to muddy the waters. Do you have a problem with that? Is any bolt action centrefire with a scope a military sniper rifle?

Set,
OK it was a semi-auto centrefire which has a magazine
and uses high velocity ammunition.

That's only one step away from a fully automatic military weapon.

As I said - in fully automatic mode all
the rounds would be fired in under 2 seconds -
that is useless.
He didn't have that but he might have modified it to do that.

The AR-15 he had was just as dangerous as any military rifle.

Why on earth do they sell those to people - I'll never know?

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #379 - Mar 16th, 2019 at 10:01pm

tickleandrose wrote on Mar 16th, 2019 at 9:40pm:
Wait one second, I am not here this often... but... is Jasin serious or he is jokingly boasting...?  Huh

JaSin is a rabid right-wing extremist and has only come out since the NZ shooting.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #380 - Mar 16th, 2019 at 10:14pm

tickleandrose wrote on Mar 16th, 2019 at 9:40pm:

Jasin is kinda... Jasin. Don't take him too seriously. Think nitrogen narcosis. Wink

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #381 - Mar 16th, 2019 at 10:19pm

Bobby. wrote on Mar 16th, 2019 at 9:48pm:
Quote:

What TF are you sweating about?  'Military' or not...it was pretty damned effective.  Take this schit to the 'Gun' or whatever MRB.

It pisses me off a bit when ignorant people speak about firearms in the way that Bobby has. I'm just clearing up the fact it is not a military assault rifle, no more scary than any other semi-auto centrefire. Using that terminology only serves to muddy the waters. Do you have a problem with that? Is any bolt action centrefire with a scope a military sniper rifle?

Set,

that is useless.

The AR15 is no different to any other centrefire or rimfire semi auto in having a magazine.

The AR15 uses .223 Remington ammo the M16 uses 5.56 Nato ammo. You can use .223 rem ammo in a M16 yet every manufacturer of Ar15 says don't use 5.56 Nato ammo in it because of higher chamber pressures which could damage the Ar15 they all advise sticking to the .223 rem.

High velocity is that more buzzwords from the ignorant?
The .223 rem is middle of the range for velocity I wouldn't call it high velocity or even high powered.

The M16 fires about 750 rounds per minute so yes a 30 round magazine doesn't last very long.

Any rifle is dangerous our second worst mass shooting in Australia was done with a single shot bolt action .22lr which is a type of gun most people think is ok for people to own.

If you can trust someone with a firearm does it really matter what type of gun it is?

I saw the livestream video before it was taken down, he did not modify it to full auto and it didn't have a bumpstock as some media claimed.
The mosque was not full nowhere near 300 people don't believe everything you read in the paper.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #382 - Mar 16th, 2019 at 10:19pm

Quote:

Set,

that is useless.

Seriously don't put your ignorance out for all to see Bobby. Give it up.

Tell me, is a bolt action model 70 Winchester in .308 or 7mm Mag Remington with a scope attached a military sniper rifle?

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #383 - Mar 16th, 2019 at 10:22pm

You are correct Satanta. Journalists often confuse automatic with semi-automatic as if it were an abbreviation. Likewise, the write of 10 special forces, when referring to the the number of men in the same unit. One man is not a force.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #384 - Mar 16th, 2019 at 10:23pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Mar 16th, 2019 at 10:19pm:
Quote:

Set,

that is useless.

The AR15 is no different to any other centrefire or rimfire semi auto in having a magazine.

The AR15 uses .223 Remington ammo the M16 uses 5.56 Nato ammo. You can use .223 rem ammo in a M16 yet every manufacturer of Ar15 says don't use 5.56 Nato ammo in it because of higher chamber pressures which could damage the Ar15 they all advise sticking to the .223 rem.

The .223 rem is middle of the range for velocity I wouldn't call it high velocity or even high powered.

The M16 fires about 750 rounds per minute so yes a 30 round magazine doesn't last very long.

Any rifle is dangerous our second worst mass shooting in Australia was done with a single shot bolt action .22lr which is a type of gun most people think is ok for people to own.

If you can trust someone with a firearm does it really matter what type of gun it is?

I saw the livestream video before it was taken down, he did not modify it to full auto and it didn't have a bumpstock as some media claimed.
The mosque was not full nowhere near 300 people don't believe everything you read in the paper.

Thanks for that.
more here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.223_Remington

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #385 - Mar 16th, 2019 at 10:29pm

Setanta wrote on Mar 16th, 2019 at 10:19pm:
Quote:

Set,

that is useless.

Seriously don't put your ignorance out for all to see Bobby. Give it up.

Tell me, is a bolt action model 70 Winchester in .308 or 7mm Mag Remington with a scope attached a military sniper rifle?

I never said I was an expert - I'm not an expert.
Let's look at one of them:

Winchester Model 70

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester_Model_70
Military use
The United States Marine Corps purchased 373 Model 70 rifles in May, 1942. Although the Marine Corps officially used only the M1 Garand and the M1903 Springfield as sniper rifles during the Second World War, "many Winchester Model 70s showed up at training camps and in actual field use during the Pacific campaign."[11] These rifles had 24-inch sporter barrels chambered for .30-06 Springfield. They were serial numbered in the 41000 to 50000 range and were fitted with leaf sights and checkered stocks with steel butt plates, one-inch sling swivels, and leather slings. It has been reported that some of these rifles were equipped with 8X Unertl telescopic sights for limited unofficial use as sniper weapons on Guadalcanal and during the Korean War.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #386 - Mar 16th, 2019 at 10:31pm

Bobby. wrote on Mar 16th, 2019 at 10:23pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Mar 16th, 2019 at 10:19pm:
Quote:

Set,

that is useless.

Thanks for that.
more here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.223_Remington

The AR15 has a 16 inch barrel which means muzzle velocity will be much lower than what is quoted by wiki which gives velocity for 24 inch barrel.

The 16 inch barrel would lose around 200-300 feet per second muzzle velocity compared to 24 inch barrel.

The .223 Remington is not considered powerful enough for goat/pig /deer hunting.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #387 - Mar 16th, 2019 at 10:36pm

Ah, I remember in 2017, the las vagas mass shooter used a bump fire stocks to convert a semi auto rifle to fire like an auto one.  Is the same modification used?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #388 - Mar 16th, 2019 at 10:44pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Mar 16th, 2019 at 10:31pm:
The AR15 has a 16 inch barrel which means muzzle velocity will be much lower than what is quoted by wiki which gives velocity for 24 inch barrel.

The 16 inch barrel would lose around 200-300 feet per second muzzle velocity compared to 24 inch barrel.

The .223 Remington is not considered powerful enough for goat/pig /deer hunting.

Really?
You'd think if it would gun down humans so easily it would
easily shoot & kill quickly: goats, pigs or deer.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #389 - Mar 16th, 2019 at 10:49pm

tickleandrose wrote on Mar 16th, 2019 at 10:36pm:
Ah, I remember in 2017, the las vagas mass shooter used a bump fire stocks to convert a semi auto rifle to fire like an auto one.  Is the same modification used?   

His semi auto rifles were not fitted with bumpstocks.

He had a Category A license according to the NZ pm he was using Category E firearms which means he wasn't licensed for that type of firearm.

The first innocent victims were killed with a semi auto shotgun which he dropped and left at the front door of the mosque.

One brave man nearly tackled him almost got his hands on him before he was shot numerous times.

He dropped one of his semi auto rifles behind his car and left it there before picking up the other one.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 31
Send Topic Print