Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 
Send Topic Print
Where is, the 'exemplar' moslem majority nation ? (Read 22798 times)
polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Where is, the 'exemplar' moslem majority nation ?
Reply #165 - Apr 24th, 2019 at 11:23am

Frank wrote on Apr 19th, 2019 at 6:24pm:
You Muslims who incite hatred and violence ARE murderous

Agree 100%. Which is why Indonesia routinely arrests and gaols them.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #166 - Apr 24th, 2019 at 12:11pm

Quote:
What other convictions have you mentioned FD? Nothing. You have kept up this debate for months now with reference to Ahok, and Ahok alone. Ergo, your "argument boils down to a single conviction". Not sure why you are so touchy about this

You keep misrepresenting my argument by saying it is "only" about one of a variety of aspects of my argument. You have picked a few aspects and claimed they are the entirety, apparently oblivious to the self-contradiction.

Quote:
Islamists are gaoled - routinely - over what they say about religion.

For blasphemy?

Quote:
Whether its called "blasphemy" or "hate speech" is pointless semantics

I explained why it is relevant in the bit you left out of the quote.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #167 - Apr 24th, 2019 at 2:31pm

freediver wrote on Apr 24th, 2019 at 12:11pm:
You keep misrepresenting my argument by saying it is "only" about one of a variety of aspects of my argument.

The fact that after all this time you still are literally unable to mention anything else, even while you are huffing and puffing blue in the face insisting that you really do have more, just proves it.

What have you mentioned to support your argument that Indonesia is a shithole of oppression FD?

1. Ahok
2. Islam was wot done it
3. hey there are definitely other cases besides Ahok (I just won't mention any)

And in case it needs to be spelled out, 2 and 3 don't count. So it really does "boil down to" Ahok.

freediver wrote on Apr 24th, 2019 at 12:11pm:
I explained why it is relevant in the bit you left out of the quote.

Your explanation is nonsensical. You said that if they are not gaoled specifically for blasphemy then ipso facto, its an acknowledgement their version is correct. Yet as I already explained, they are gaoled specifically for what they say about Islam - eg people defending blasphemers should be assaulted - obviously consistent with their "version" of Islam.

So if people are literally gaoled for expressing their version of Islam, how is that anything other than a clear acknowledgement that their version is false - whether its under the auspices of blasphemy or something else?

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #168 - Apr 24th, 2019 at 3:28pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 13th, 2019 at 1:56pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Mar 13th, 2019 at 1:53pm:
Indonesia is a good example of living Islam - by simple virtue of being the largest muslim country in the world.

I find it so funny that thousands of Islamophobic bogans go to Bali every year.

True story: many of them don't even know Bali is in Indonesia - they think it's a separate nation.

Ahhh. No.
Bali is a Hindu nation. It's the Javan' s that are the Islamic ctuns......and the ones behind the bombings.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #169 - Apr 24th, 2019 at 6:01pm

Quote:
The fact that after all this time you still are literally unable to mention anything else

I mention it because we are still discussing it. If you keep telling the same lie, I will keep pointing out the same lie.

Quote:
Your explanation is nonsensical. You said that if they are not gaoled specifically for blasphemy then ipso facto, its an acknowledgement their version is correct.

What else is it? The ones who offer a similar interpretation of Islam to you get jailed for blasphemy. The extremists do not.

Quote:
Yet as I already explained, they are gaoled specifically for what they say about Islam

The examples you gave sounded like anything but. In any case, they are still not accused of, charged with, or jailed for blasphemy.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #170 - Apr 24th, 2019 at 6:35pm

Q.
Where is, the 'exemplar' moslem majority nation ?

I nominate Saudi Arabia....

....or is it, The ISLAMIC Republic of Iran ???

Choices, choices!

All the time, we gotta make choices.

WWW search.....
Saudi Arabia Carries Out Mass Execution of 37 People in a Single Day

....i'm sure that they deserved it.

The very 'best' part of the Holy Koran......

"In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds;
Most Gracious, Most Merciful;"

Koran 1.1-3

Are those the verses that you draw most inspiration from      gandalf ?

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #171 - Apr 24th, 2019 at 7:16pm

freediver wrote on Apr 24th, 2019 at 6:01pm:
I mention it because we are still discussing it. If you keep telling the same lie, I will keep pointing out the same lie.

I meant you are still unable to offer anything further to your argument besides Ahok. You continue to not offer anything - even after all this time and while you are going blue in the face insisting that you are.

Hence your entire argument boils down to Ahok and nothing else.

freediver wrote on Apr 24th, 2019 at 6:01pm:
The examples you gave sounded like anything but. In any case, they are still not accused of, charged with, or jailed for blasphemy.

You are being completely inane. Blasphemy necessarily involves mocking and/or deliberately showing contempt for religion. Of course the Islamists will not do that, but it doesn't mean they have the correct version of Islam, or that the government agrees with them. The fact that they are routinely gaoled for literally expressing their version of Islam (eg blasphemers and their supporters should be assaulted) - is about the most clear demonstration that their version is not endorsed or even allowed by society.

Saying that your version of a religion is wrong doesn't necessarily have to involve charging you with blasphemy. Nor does charging others with blasphemy necessarily endorse your version.

Quote:

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #172 - Apr 24th, 2019 at 7:23pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Apr 24th, 2019 at 11:23am:
Frank wrote on Apr 19th, 2019 at 6:24pm:
You Muslims who incite hatred and violence ARE murderous

Agree 100%. Which is why Indonesia routinely arrests and gaols them.

What happened to the second half of my question about 'blasphemers and apostates' in Islam? 

Once again, honest, open discussion with a Muslim like you is impossible. You will always do the eel-in-snot manouvre: meticulous apportioning of blame to everyone, total slippery arse-covering about the enormous sins and shortcomings of Islam and Muslims.

Being an intolerant, closed-minded and dogmatic mindset, Islamists like you can never look at yourselves self-critically. That is a very alien and dangerous thing for you and so you avoid it on pain of death. Any critical reflection on Islam by Muslims is totally forbidden as apostasy because Islam cannot withstand any critical scrutiny.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #173 - Apr 24th, 2019 at 7:31pm

Frank wrote on Apr 24th, 2019 at 7:23pm:
What happened to the second half of my question about 'blasphemers and apostates' in Islam? 

Once again, honest, open discussion with a Muslim like you is impossible

Aww come on Frank, don't be like that, it was a statement of the bleeding obvious. Of course the people muslims gaol for blasphemy are not murderers. I didn't think it needed to be spelled out.

Quote:

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #174 - Apr 24th, 2019 at 9:42pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Apr 24th, 2019 at 7:31pm:

Aww come on Frank, don't be like that, it was a statement of the bleeding obvious. Of course the people muslims gaol for blasphemy are not murderers. I didn't think it needed to be spelled out.

The bleeding obvious needs to said about Islam again and again, otherwise propagandists like you will geet away with slaning and evasion.

It DOES need to be said, again and again, that Islam is an intolerant, murderous, closed-minded ideology, an enemy of everything the West stands for.  The time you stop saying it is the time you accept Islam as normal - ie you are on the road to submission.

Your aim.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #175 - Apr 24th, 2019 at 10:14pm

Frank wrote on Apr 24th, 2019 at 9:42pm:

The bleeding obvious needs to said about Islam again and again,
      otherwise propagandists like you will get away with slaning and evasion.

It DOES need to be said, again and again, that Islam is an intolerant, murderous, closed-minded ideology, an enemy of everything the West stands for.

The time you stop saying it is the time you accept Islam as normal - ie you are on the road to submission.

Your aim.

They cannot defeat us, with the use of truth, logic, reason.

The evidences against ISLAM are too apparent and widely known [now].

And the truth of those evidences are, really, undeniable.
.....[though moslems and other apologists for ISLAM,      will unceasingly, continue to obfuscate, and to lie, and deny,     offering those lies and denials, to anyone who will listen to them.]

They could defeat us through tyranny, and through government oppression, and through the oppressive use of government authority.

Police state.

We are only 'safe' while we continue to 'speak out', and while we are still 'permitted' to 'speak out'.

....but there is no guarantee that 'space' [within Western nations] will indefinitely remain.

Liberty.

It is a precious commodity.

But too often unappreciated,     by the 'mob'.

Maybe that, is what my God is doing.

Sifting.

Finding the 'jewels'.

Isaiah 48:10
Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.

Daniel 12:10
Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

Revelation 21:7
He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
8  But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Malachi 3:13
Your words have been stout against me, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, What have we spoken so much against thee?
14  Ye have said, It is vain to serve God: and what profit is it that we have kept his ordinance, and that we have walked mournfully before the LORD of hosts?
15  And now we call the proud happy; yea, they that work wickedness are set up; yea, they that tempt God are even delivered.
16  Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.
17  And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.
18  Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #176 - Apr 25th, 2019 at 8:25am

Quote:
I meant you are still unable to offer anything further to your argument besides Ahok. You continue to not offer anything - even after all this time and while you are going blue in the face insisting that you are.

Again you lie. No doubt you will blame me for not moving on from this. Have you already forgotten me pointing out that they jailed more than one person a month for blasphemy over a ten year period? It's only one page back.

Quote:
You are being completely inane. Blasphemy necessarily involves mocking and/or deliberately showing contempt for religion. Of course the Islamists will not do that, but it doesn't mean they have the correct version of Islam, or that the government agrees with them. The fact that they are routinely gaoled for literally expressing their version of Islam (eg blasphemers and their supporters should be assaulted) - is about the most clear demonstration that their version is not endorsed or even allowed by society.

You claim they are jailed for "expressing their version of Islam". But you will have to forgive me for not taking your word on it. The fact is, the apologists like you get jailed for blasphemy. The Islamists do not. Not sure why you consider this to be inane. It is a clear statement from the government and the judiciary on the correct interpretation of Islam.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #177 - Apr 25th, 2019 at 11:29am

Frank wrote on Apr 24th, 2019 at 9:42pm:

The bleeding obvious needs to said about Islam again and again, otherwise propagandists like you will geet away with slaning and evasion.

It DOES need to be said, again and again, that Islam is an intolerant, murderous, closed-minded ideology, an enemy of everything the West stands for.  The time you stop saying it is the time you accept Islam as normal - ie you are on the road to submission.

Your aim.

Always absolutely never ever.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #178 - Apr 25th, 2019 at 11:37am

freediver wrote on Apr 25th, 2019 at 8:25am:
Quote:

Again you lie. No doubt you will blame me for not moving on from this. Have you already forgotten me pointing out that they jailed more than one person a month for blasphemy over a ten year period? It's only one page back.

And have you already forgotten that the overwhealming majority of these cases were tit-for-tat political tactics by candidates that included prosecutions for hate speech?

Ahok's accuser's doing nearly the same amount of time as Ahok for hate speech. It would be divine justice if they were in the same jail.

I think you've forgotten, FD. You won't say.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #179 - Apr 25th, 2019 at 2:53pm

That was yesterday FD, I've been asking for an argument for months now. And don't for a moment think that throw-away line magically makes for a coherent argument - it doesn't. There is certainly no justification to equate these rates with "routine" gaoling, as you did, nor is there any reason to assume this has any meaningful affect on free religious discussion throughout wider society. And nor does it change the fact that you were propping up Ahok as the be-all and end-all factor in why Indonesians must self-censor en masse, and making the entire country an oppressive shithole (and therefore no need to mention anything else).

In short, you are all over the shot. But some brownie points for actually making an effort to address the complete absense of a coherent argument - even if you come up way short.

Quote:
You claim they are jailed for "expressing their version of Islam". But you will have to forgive me for not taking your word on it.

You're asking me to forgive you for being really really inanely obtuse. Thats quite a big ask FD. But of course I'll try - forgiveness is after all central to my religion.

When a muslim insists that a supporter of blasphemy should be assaulted, in any other context you wouldn't even blink before agreeing that this is a clear and direct expression of their version of Islam - and then you would milk it for all its worth in your Islam bashing. You would no doubt link it back to something Muhammad said, or a reference to chapter 9 in the Quran.

Now you want us to believe that maybe such an utterance isn't a representation of their religious beliefs. Mmmmkay FD.

Not sure why you consider this to be inane

Tell me FD, can you think of anything more inane than an ardent Islam critic like yourself speculating that when an Islamist calls for blasphemers and their supporters to be assaulted - it may not be an expression of their version of Islam? I'm struggling to be honest.

Quote:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 
Send Topic Print