Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 13
Send Topic Print
If you care, PAY ATTENTION, to what they say (Read 15466 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
If you care, PAY ATTENTION, to what they say
Mar 2nd, 2019 at 6:55pm

If you care, PAY ATTENTION, to what moslems living in the West, they saying.

WWW search....
California: Muslim spoke of committing jihad massacres at “dance clubs, bars…because there’s people everywhere”
Mar 01, 2019

dance clubs, bars [and pop music concert events, attended by large numbers of teenage children, of those who are the everlasting enemies of Allah] = = 'Target rich environments' !!!

WWW search....
Australia: Muslim cleric who called 9/11 a “comedy film” is speaking in mosques nationwide
Mar 01, 2019

WWW search....
Illinois: Muslim cleric says “we all have a higher goal, and that is the establishment of the caliphate”
Mar 01, 2019

WWW search....
[not in the West]
Pakistan: Government minister says “Jihad is a duty in Islam. Those who avoid jihad are not Muslims.”
Mar 01, 2019

WWW search....
France: Muslim who screamed “Allahu akbar” and said he’d slit soldiers’ throats gets 10-month suspended sentence
Mar 01, 2019

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: If you care, PAY ATTENTION, to what they say
Reply #1 - Mar 3rd, 2019 at 9:39am

Quote:
Pakistan: Government minister says “Jihad is a duty in Islam. Those who avoid jihad are not Muslims.”

Gandalf likes to ignore or gloss over the parts of the Quran that tell him, quite clearly, that as a Muslim, fighting is ordained for him.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #2 - Mar 3rd, 2019 at 11:48am

freediver wrote on Mar 3rd, 2019 at 9:39am:

Quote:

Gandalf likes to ignore or gloss over the parts of the Quran that tell him, quite clearly, that as a Muslim, fighting is ordained for him.

Yep.

Moslems living within host secular nations, will not admit this [ISLAMIC imperative], to their host population.

And even many non-moslems, in those host secular nations, who have heard these 'rumours' about what ISLAM [really] 'represents', simply refuse to publicly confront such an uncomfortable subject.

IMO, such a position, by any individual citizen, is a direct abrogation of his/her responsibilities as a citizen, living in a free nation.

It seems that many native people, living in nations like Australia, have no real appreciation of how their freedom and peace and prosperity was secured, and have no real appreciation of how valuable [how precious!] those attributes within a nation like Australia are.

So be it.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #3 - Mar 3rd, 2019 at 11:06pm

WWW search....
Canada: Muslim who said “all non-Muslims should be killed” ordered to meet weekly with imam for Islam instruction
By Robert Spencer on Mar 02, 2019
[of course no follower of ISLAM, here in Australia, would ever utter such a heinous incitement      /sarc off ]

WWW search....
Video from UK: Muslim threatens Christian preacher, cops arrest preacher for “Islamophobia”

WWW search....
Rep. Ilhan Omar walks back her apology for her anti-Semitism, says furor is only “because I’m Muslim”
[moslem, Rep. Ilhan Omar, preaches hatred of Jewish people,    she is the victim.]

WWW search....
UK: Muslim peer Lord Nazir Ahmed charged with attempted child rape with girl and boy under 13
“Islam has no age barrier in marriage and Muslims have no apology for those who refuse to accept this”

WWW search....
Oklahoma: Hamas-linked CAIR enraged as judge dismisses Muslima’s lawsuit over having to take off hijab at courthouse
By Robert Spencer on Jan 31, 2019

WWW search....
Germany: Muslim migrant murders his sister’s lover because he was not Muslim
By Robert Spencer on Jan 31, 2019

WWW search....
[not in the West]
Nigeria: Muslims murder at least 60 people, set homes on fire, chase those fleeing and kill them also
By Robert Spencer on Feb 05, 2019
[but these moslems are only 'defending ISLAM']

WWW search....
New York City: Muslim Community Patrol working in cars resembling NYPD cars, wearing NYPD uniform lookalikes
By Robert Spencer on Feb 05, 2019
[moslems need to do this, in order to be seen to be 'defending' their own community]

WWW search....
[not in the West]
India: Muslims chop off hands of man who opposed their attempt to convert Hindus to Islam, he bleeds to death
By Robert Spencer on Feb 06, 2019

WWW search....
“I am your rapist”: Muslims bombard former Islamic State sex slaves in Canada with threatening phone calls and texts
[causing terror in the hearts of the enemies of Allah, is 'good works']

WWW search....
[not in the West]
Saudi Arabia develops app to stop women from traveling without permission from male guardians
[its about encouraging tech innovation, in Saudi Arabia]

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #4 - Mar 4th, 2019 at 10:49pm

WWW search....
UK: Muslim man threatens Muslim woman for wearing Western clothing
By Christine Douglass-Williams on Mar 03, 2019
[coz, "ISLAM is the most feminist religion" - Yassmin Abdel-Magied]

WWW search....
[not in the West]
Afghanistan: Taliban “committed to all rights of women that have been given to them by the sacred religion of Islam”
By Robert Spencer on Feb 07, 2019
[which is - "Men have authority over women because Allah has made the one superior to the other..."

WWW search....
Germany: Muslim migrant who lied about being a “minor refugee” murders girlfriend for refusing to convert to Islam
[because, ISLAM is peace]

WWW search....
UK: Muslim migrant rapes primary school-age girl in “vile sex attack” lasting over 30 minutes
[coz, this is 100% lawful, to a devout moslem - ISLAMIC law]

WWW search....
[not in the West]
Pakistan: Muslim cleric defends blasphemy laws, says they have saved thousands of people from vigilante violence
By Robert Spencer on Feb 08, 2019
[....and suppressed any effort to engage in debate with moslems, about ISLAM, in Pakistan]

WWW search....
New Jersey: Imam says Muslims should reject “freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom of the press”
[because such freedoms always come into conflict with the social imperatives which are dictated by ISLAMIC law]

WWW search....
Muslim who stabbed man, screamed “I’m going to kill you, Allah Allah” pleads not guilty on grounds of mental illness
[this is a legal defence, presented/claimed by so many Jihadi attackers in the West. [LIGHTER SENTENCING!]  ]

WWW search....
UK: Muslims convert homeless man to Islam, try to recruit him for jihad, threaten and assault him when he refuses
By Joshua Winston on Feb 08, 2019
[because, ISLAM is peace]

WWW search....
[not in the West]
India: Family forces woman to sleep with father-in-law to fulfill Islamic law
By Christine Douglass-Williams on Feb 08, 2019
[coz, "ISLAM is the most feminist religion" - Yassmin Abdel-Magied]

WWW search....
Palestinians: No Peace or Reconciliation with the 'Infidels'       [aka, Israelis]
by Khaled Abu Toameh, March 4, 2019
[as mandated by ISLAMIC law]

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #5 - Mar 5th, 2019 at 10:24pm

WWW search....
Australian Broadcasting Corporation: “Has Catholicism done more harm to Australia than Islam?”
By Robert Spencer on Mar 04, 2019
[of course it has!   whereas, ISLAM is an exemplary 'good citizen' in Australia [...just ask any ABC journalist or program producer!] ]

REPEAT.....
WWW search....
Australia: Top lawyers, judges and provincial Supreme Court justices go to mosque to show solidarity with Muslims
By Robert Spencer on Feb 09, 2019
[because, 'we are sure, that' ISLAM is peace]

WWW search....
UK: Supporters of Muslim rape gang threaten to rape female court prosecutors
By Christine Douglass-Williams on Mar 04, 2019
[because the followers of ISLAM have always been exemplary 'good citizens' in the UK.
and, "ISLAM is the most feminist religion" - Yassmin Abdel-Magied ]

WWW search....
ISIS bride who wants to return to US: “Spill all of their blood, or rent a big truck and drive all over them”
['what!?     the West destroyed OUR virtuous caliphate!!   and now we moslems will make you pay!' ]

WWW search....
New graphic novel depicts Jesus beheading his foes with a whirling sword
[in a new graphic novel, two atheists depict Jesus as a violent man, beheading his foes.
in ISLAM, in the Koran, the moslem 'Jesus' is depicted as a good moslem and a follower/worshiper of Allah,
and as a vengeful destroyer who will return to earth, to slaughter everyone who has rejected ISLAM. ]

WWW search....
[not in the West]
Muslim cleric says non-Muslims must convert, submit, or be killed, and those who leave Islam must be killed
[as mandated by ISLAMIC law - the Jihad, against 'disbelievers']

WWW search....
South Carolina man converts to Islam, plants explosives all over Anderson County
[because, ISLAM is peace,      and because ISLAM teaches peace and tolerance of others, in all of its religious texts]

WWW search....
Australia: Top lawyers, judges and provincial Supreme Court justices go to mosque to show solidarity with Muslims
[because, 'we are sure, that' ISLAM is peace]

WWW search....
Australia: Judge Calls on Muslims to Disavow Violent Qur’an Verses
By Robert Spencer on Feb 09
['but, but,     you are asking us, to disavow the foundational religious precepts, which our faith encourages!!!']

WWW search....
[not in the West]
Saudi Arabia: Man asks mother if she is Shia, then cab driver beheads her 6-year-old son
[Shia - Is 'wrong kind of moslem', to Sunni.     And, Sunni - Is 'wrong kind of moslem', to Shia.
these circumstances = = never-ending WAR between Shia ISLAM, and Sunni ISLAM!]

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 12:49am

Quote:

Now concentrate. What does that tell you?

Moreover, would you prefer he do otherwise?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #7 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 10:15am

Quote:

Fair cop. I am a pacifist at heart and I try to find Quranic support for this stance.

Yes I rationalise the Quran, as I believe all muslims do, and indeed as I believe the Quran itself encourages muslims to do. I make no apologies for trying to interpret verses that are on the surface difficult and incompatible with a modern civilized society - into something that is compatible with modern civilized society. No doubt you will call it 'glossing over' and being in denial etc... but I put it to you, what alternative would you prefer? If I look at this from a non-muslim point of view (something that is actually easy for me, given my cultural background), with the view that the Quran clearly promotes and orders violence, there are 3 possible paths for believing muslims to take when confronted with this "reality":

1. they are so appalled by the cognitive dissonance, they abandon Islam
2. they are faithful to the Quran and go out and kill as many non-muslims as they can
3. they "gloss over" the bad Quranic bits, and rationalise their religion into something compatible with modern civilized society.

Given that option 1 will almost always remain only as an Islam-critic's fantasy, as a non-muslim potentially in the firing line, which option out of 2 and 3 would you prefer muslims take?

I've said it before, but it completely baffles me why you guys are not actually congratulating me for being a spineless, hypocritical practicer of option 3, and (in your view) doing the mental gymnastics required to insist Islam is peaceful. You should be encouraging such muslims - as the pre-2007 FD seemed to do when you optimistically used to post articles of about progressive and reformist Islamic movements (remember that?)

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 1:30pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Mar 6th, 2019 at 10:15am:
Quote:

Fair cop. I am a pacifist at heart and I try to find Quranic support for this stance.

Yes I rationalise the Quran, as I believe all muslims do, and indeed as I believe the Quran itself encourages muslims to do. I make no apologies for trying to interpret verses that are on the surface difficult and incompatible with a modern civilized society - into something that is compatible with modern civilized society. No doubt you will call it 'glossing over' and being in denial etc... but I put it to you, what alternative would you prefer? If I look at this from a non-muslim point of view (something that is actually easy for me, given my cultural background), with the view that the Quran clearly promotes and orders violence, there are 3 possible paths for believing muslims to take when confronted with this "reality":

2. they are faithful to the Quran and go out and kill as many non-muslims as they can
3. they "gloss over" the bad Quranic bits, and rationalise their religion into something compatible with modern civilized society.

Given that option 1 will almost always remain only as an Islam-critic's fantasy, as a non-muslim potentially in the firing line, which option out of 2 and 3 would you prefer muslims take?

I've said it before, but it completely baffles me why you guys are not actually congratulating me for being a spineless, hypocritical practicer of option 3, and (in your view) doing the mental gymnastics required to insist Islam is peaceful. You should be encouraging such muslims - as the pre-2007 FD seemed to do when you optimistically used to post articles of about progressive and reformist Islamic movements (remember that?)

It's not glossing over, G. "Fighting" does not refer to troops in battle as you've pointed out yourself. Mohammed Ali, for example, justified his pacifist stance as his jihad. His fight was against US imperialism. He used words, not weapons.

Your own struggle here, I'd hazard, is keeping your dignity in a debate with people who troll you mercilessly, try to trip you up and tell porkies. Your struggle is to maintain your principles where those around you have abandoned theirs.

That's the real fight - staying disciplined, showing respect to others and holding to your core beliefs.

Taqiyya, innit.
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2019 at 1:37pm by Mattyfisk »  

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #9 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 2:19pm

I've tried the 'this is what the Quran really means, and why' route K, its brick wall territory here.

Now I'm trying empathy, looking at it from their point of view. If people have their hearts set on one particular interpretation of the Quran and can't be budged, then maybe its worth making your case from that starting point. So I play devils advocate and weigh up the realities of a hypothetical world in which around 2 billion people adhere to a dangerous cult invented by a homocidal maniacal psychopathic pedophile, who wrote an evil doctrine of bloodlust and hatred of anything non-muslim, and compelled all muslims to follow it. If that really must be the starting point, then what would you prefer the thought processes of practicing muslims to be? To be honest and carry out the murder and destruction demanded by their cult, or to be dishonest and "gloss over" and do mental contortions to rationalise their cult into something peaceful and compatible with civilized society? Does it make sense to mock and ridicule those adherents who do the latter? Not to me.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 3:22pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Mar 6th, 2019 at 2:19pm:
I've tried the 'this is what the Quran really means, and why' route K, its brick wall territory here.

Now I'm trying empathy, looking at it from their point of view. If people have their hearts set on one particular interpretation of the Quran and can't be budged, then maybe its worth making your case from that starting point. So I play devils advocate and weigh up the realities of a hypothetical world in which around 2 billion people adhere to a dangerous cult invented by a homocidal maniacal psychopathic pedophile, who wrote an evil doctrine of bloodlust and hatred of anything non-muslim, and compelled all muslims to follow it. If that really must be the starting point, then what would you prefer the thought processes of practicing muslims to be? To be honest and carry out the murder and destruction demanded by their cult, or to be dishonest and "gloss over" and do mental contortions to rationalise their cult into something peaceful and compatible with civilized society? Does it make sense to mock and ridicule those adherents who do the latter? Not to me.

Nor me, but "fighting" is not seen by Muslims as joining a militia and killing people. Every Muslim I've talked with about this has made that point - Jihad is a spiritual struggle, a struggle with your own demons. Yes, it can also be an external struggle against injustice, as Muhammed Ali showed.

These are the facts. You've shown them this through Quran quotes with their correct translation, and yes, it's like going up against a brick wall. FD quotes only half the passage. Moses interprets it to mean the exact opposite of what it says. Y just blathers on.

Practicing Christians are certainly capable of ignoring parts of the Bible and carrying on with their faith. I can't see why Muslims would be compelled to blow themselves up by a misreading of a passage in the Quran when the rest of the faith go about their business adhering to the spirit of the book, which is about faith and spiritual evolution.

I mean this, I don't understand Jihadists. We've discussed poverty, but many Jihadists are rich. We've discussed education, but many are professionals, including doctors. If it was as simple as just blaming the Quran, all would be solved, but it's not - particularly when the Quran is emphatic on killing innocents, which includes suicide.

There is rape in the name of Islam, organised crime, drug trafficking, money laundering, and all are described by the Quran as haram. I can understand this and I'm not a Muslim, just as I can understand Christians anointing female priests and allowing homosexuality.

The Quran, as I see it, encourages people to think for themselves. It's about struggling with your inner urges to spiritually evolve. There is no way a thinking person could use Islam to justify rape, suicide bombing or drug trafficking.

Just as Moses et al explain Christian terrorists as not keeping to the Bible, the same is true for the Quran. The old boy's chasing Brian around to tell him he's a numpty for thinking Christianity creates paedophiles and war mongers. He's right, of course. These are human foibles, the very thing Christianity and Islam encourage us to struggle against.

That, after all, is what Jihad is about, as every Muslim schoolboy knows.
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2019 at 3:28pm by Mattyfisk »  

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #11 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 4:27pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Mar 6th, 2019 at 3:22pm:
The Quran, as I see it, encourages people to think for themselves. It's about struggling with your inner urges to spiritually evolve. There is no way a thinking person could use Islam to justify rape, suicide bombing or drug trafficking.

Indeed. Which is why suicide bombers etc are typically not thinking people. And they are demonstrably not looking to take the difficult road of spiritual evolution. When you think about it, suicide bombing is the ultimate selfish and materialist act - its done for purely materialistic desires - the promise of a priority pass to boos, gold and (most importantly) pussy - literally what the 'martyrs' believe is awaiting them. Its an absolute copout, and pathetic, and completely missing the point of the Quran.

Quote:

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 5:01pm

Quote:

Therein lies the problem:

The qur'an can and does motivate some muslims to commit the most inhumane of deeds against mankind.

While ever the qur'an remains untouched and is revered as being the infallible words of allah, this particular circumstance (muslims turning to terrorism because the qur'an says so) will always be one of the consequences of islam.

It's not enough to simply dismiss the evil in the qur'an with the now prevalent excuses of, "oh well well we disregard it" or "well we try to rationalize it to mean something else".

Both of these are nothing more than passive support for the terrorism.

If the muslims refuse to renounce the evil verses we are talking about, it simply means that they are happy with the status quo of: there will always be muslims who will literally follow the qur'an and go out and try to slaughter as many non believers as they can.

If they didn't want muslims turning to rape torture and mass murder, because verses in the qur'an cause and motivate it, they would renounce these evil verses in a heartbeat, not make fallacious excuses all the time about, * disregarding the verses or glossing over them*.

If they are happy with this situation they are supporters of terrorism, pure and simple.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #13 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 5:18pm

Lets focus on this idea of "renouncing" moses, because you always bring this up.

What exactly do you mean?

My understanding of the word is something equating to "abandon", "reject", "refuse to recognise".

Pretty much all it boils down to in this context is for muslims to reject violence - no?

But still you attempt this type of meaningless hair splitting:

Quote:
It's not enough to simply dismiss the evil in the qur'an with the now prevalent excuses of, "oh well well we disregard it" or "well we try to rationalize it to mean something else".

Explain to me moses what is "trying to rationalize [alleged calls to violence] to mean something else" if not "renouncing" said violence in the quran?

There is no meaningful difference moses, thats the point here. Muslims can and do "renounce" violence and "evil bits" purported to come from the Quran all the time. I can't see why insisting that violence and 'evil bits' exist in the Quran in the first place is a necessary prerequisite to reject violence in one's Islamic beliefs.

Quote:

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 5:22pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Mar 6th, 2019 at 4:27pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Mar 6th, 2019 at 3:22pm:

Indeed. Which is why suicide bombers etc are typically not thinking people. And they are demonstrably not looking to take the difficult road of spiritual evolution. When you think about it, suicide bombing is the ultimate selfish and materialist act - its done for purely materialistic desires - the promise of a priority pass to boos, gold and (most importantly) pussy - literally what the 'martyrs' believe is awaiting them. Its an absolute copout, and pathetic, and completely missing the point of the Quran.

Google: taqiyya.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 13
Send Topic Print