Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dick head Judges (Read 3240 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Dick head Judges
Feb 26th, 2019 at 7:41pm

Some States do have them and this bloke is ours....Sal Vasta.  He is the Son of Former Supreme Court Judge, Angelo Vasta who was uniquely removed from office in the late 80s.  Seems some Families do have 'em as well.  FMD.

Link.

Apples/trees.  Get rid of him Attorney General Porter!

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Dick head Judges
Reply #1 - Feb 26th, 2019 at 8:18pm

"If people don't comply with my orders there's only one place they go" - He talks like a Sicilian crime boss

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #2 - Feb 26th, 2019 at 9:09pm

Paywall Aussie???

Sad Sad Sad

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - Feb 27th, 2019 at 6:43am

philperth2010 wrote on Feb 26th, 2019 at 9:09pm:
Paywall Aussie???

Sad Sad Sad

Sorry:

Quote:
THE Attorney-General has declined to comment on a Federal Circuit Court judge, who has been criticised on some recent appeals that so soundly overturned his judgments that taxpayers had to pick up the court costs.

In one case, where a father of two was sentenced to 12 months’ prison for contempt, the Family Court on appeal found Judge Sal Vasta’s process was “flawed from the outset” and “so devoid of procedural fairness” it was “an affront to justice”.

There have been four appeals against cases of Judge Vasta since August where the Commonwealth has been ordered to pay the court costs.

A senior Queensland legal practitioner said it was “highly unusual” for the courts to order costs certificates, where the Commonwealth pays court costs.

Attorney-General Christian Porter declined to comment on Judge Vasta.

In once case, Judge Vasta sentenced a husband to 12 months prison for contempt for an alleged failure to produce documents in a property dispute.

During the original hearing told the husband the contempt case would proceed, “so I hope you brought your toothbrush”.

The Family Court appeal judgment, delivered by Justices Steven Strickland, Peter Murphy and Michael Kent on February 15, said the process had been “flawed from the outset”.

“We are driven to conclude that the processes employed by the primary judge were so devoid of procedural fairness to the husband, and the reasons for judgment so lacking in engagement with the issues of fact and law to be applied, that to permit the declaration and order for imprisonment to stand would be an affront to justice,” they stated in the judgment.

The appeal judgment noted the wife, despite being involved in the contested property proceedings, asked on two occasions that the husband not be sent to jail.

“We are comfortably satisfied, for the reasons given, that what occurred here in the making of the declaration and order for the husband’s imprisonment constituted a gross miscarriage of justice,” the judgment stated.

In another appeal judgment, delivered on August 10 last year, orders of Judge Vasta were set aside, the Commonwealth ordered to pay costs and a re-hearing by a judge “other than Judge Vasta” was ordered.

It was a property settlement case where there was a question whether a de facto relationship existed.

Family Court appeal judges, Justices Peter Murphy, Michael Kent and Murray Aldridge, found Judge Vasta had failed to provide procedural fairness and made errors of law.

The Australian Financial Review reported to further appeal judgments, delivered on February 21, in which costs certificates were delivered.

In one case, it was reported Judge Vasta wrongly ordered a same-sex couple to baptise their child.
RELATED CONTENT
Queensland Police Commissioner Ian Stewart speaks during a press conference at the Queensland Government offices in Brisbane, Monday, February 25, 2019. Mr Stewart announced on Monday that he would resign on July 7 after more than six years in the role and 46 years in the police service. (AAP Image/Dave Hunt) NO ARCHIVING
Top cop to bow out on significant date
Top cop to bow out on significant date
"Blind Lady Justice" A bronze statue of Themis, the Roman Goddess of Justice, holding her scales of truth and fairness. Focus is on her face. Themis - Stock image ipad generic
Queensland court list
Queensland court list

In another appeal judgment, delivered February 12, the Family Court partially overturned a decision of the judge which restrained a father from making further applications to the court obtaining leave to do so.

The appeal judges stated no party had sought the order, which was made without notice to the father, though no cost certificate was issued in this case.

“Furthermore, the order does not indicate the source of power relied on, and as his Honour failed to give reasons for it, it is impossible to inferentially establish the source of power which his Honour thought could be utilised,” it stated.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Feb 27th, 2019 at 6:55am

Aussie wrote on Feb 26th, 2019 at 7:41pm:
Some States do have them and this bloke is ours....Sal Vasta.  He is the Son of Former Supreme Court Judge, Angelo Vasta who was uniquely removed from office in the late 80s.  Seems some Families do have 'em as well.  FMD.

Link.

Your own legal problems give you a real insight into the character of this man Aussie.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Feb 27th, 2019 at 7:33am

AiA wrote on Feb 27th, 2019 at 6:55am:

Link.

Your own legal problems give you a real insight into the character of this man Aussie.

it is interesting how the media... in this case newpapers... can give you a real insight into a person. especially when it come to the Law. judging another legal manager of the law........???/ I find that very interesting...

it isnt often you read a judge  criticising another member of the society in public... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #6 - Feb 27th, 2019 at 9:03am

Omerta... I offer you this deal... issa deal you don' wanna let go by.... good for everybody... you no refuse this deal an' we're all friends here...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #7 - Feb 27th, 2019 at 12:56pm

AiA wrote on Feb 27th, 2019 at 6:55am:

Link.

I retired about 15 years ago.  I have no legal problems.  I have no insight other than what I read, apart from the fact, that I was a contemporary of Angelo Vasta, who was removed from the Bench, just like this Son of his ought to be.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #8 - Feb 27th, 2019 at 3:51pm

All judges are self opinionated, bombastic, narcissists who have no idea about the real world

They sit on their high chairs wearing their silly little wigs and gowns and are predominantly fools.

The biggest prevention of any crime is having to deal with the corrupt and stupid legal system.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Feb 27th, 2019 at 6:53pm

Valkie wrote on Feb 27th, 2019 at 3:51pm:
All judges are self opinionated, bombastic, narcissists who have no idea about the real world

They sit on their high chairs wearing their silly little wigs and gowns and are predominantly fools.

The biggest prevention of any crime is having to deal with the corrupt and stupid legal system.

nah ... this blokes pretty good. He's how judges should be.

https://www.caughtinprovidence.com

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #10 - Feb 27th, 2019 at 8:14pm

Valkie wrote on Feb 27th, 2019 at 3:51pm:

It's just a money making system - same as for lawyers too -
they make huge money out of other peoples misery.

They remind me of heroin dealers.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #11 - Feb 28th, 2019 at 5:03am

There is a simple and foolproof way to identify if any organisation or department is a parasite.

The building in which it resides.

Factories are bland, utilitarian and boring
That's because work is done tgere.
Money it tight because they have to work at making something worthwhile.
It's their money and they don't like to waste it

Court houses, parliament house, churches etc are huge very expensive and functionless buildings
Because it's not their money they are wasting, it's someone else's.
And their total out put is, well....nothing worthwhile.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print