Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: Sonia Kruger
Reply #75 - Feb 23rd, 2019 at 4:09pm

moses wrote on Feb 23rd, 2019 at 3:26pm:
gandalf wrote Reply #57 - Yesterday at 7:14pm
Quote:
moses, an honest question: do you consider such laws as Dueteronomy 22:13-21 morally unacceptable? If so, how do you reconcile the fact that the same God of post 2019 years ago apparently thought they were acceptable until 2019 years ago? Nay not merely acceptable, but compulsory?

Was pre 2019 BCE humanity really that much different as to require a completely different moral compass to that required by post 2019 BCE humanity?

Dueteronomy 1:1 These be the words which Moses spake unto all Israel on this side Jordan in the wilderness, in the plain over against the Red sea, between Paran, and Tophel, and Laban, and Hazeroth, and Dizahab.

Moses was speaking as a man who preached what mankind accepted as the Mosaic law of the day in those times. (about 3500 years ago)

Yes civilization was cruel and barbaric in those times, the ancient Egyptians used all kinds of torture as their punishment (skinning people alive was a favourite), look at the way the Romans tortured people in the coliseums letting animals tear defenceless humans to bits while still alive, soaking people in tar and setting them alight, crucifying people, all for spectator sport, look at the human sacrifice of those who worshipped baal, mothers who willingly had their first child burnt to death as a sacrifice to baal, look at the human sacrifice of the Aztecs etc.etc.etc..

An interesting concept.  Apart from the Carthaginians who are now accepted as sacrificing their children to their gods, there isn't much evidence of it occurring, apart from what is described in the Old Testament of the Bible.   The Aztecs were separate, they only sacrificed willing, adults, not children.   Their view was that if people weren't willing to be sacrificed, then the Gods would ignore the prayers offered at the same time.   Indeed, for many years, the Spaniards were incensed by the Aztecs because their sacrifices seemed to imitate the Christian sacrament (which is, afterall, simply ritualised cannibalism).  The Aztecs didn't engage in Cannibalism, either. The Romans were interesting in that, yes, they engaged in barbaric "sport" to satisfy the blood lust of the general populace however, they never sacrificed humans for religious purposes.

What is even more interesting though, is that your reference to the Old Testament says that you are bullshitting when you say "all true Christians abhore the Old Testament in favour of the New," Moses.   Funny that.  Tell us, do you abore the 10 Commandments - which are the foundation, the cornerstone, even of Christian teaching and of course, are in the Old Testament?

What do you do, when you attend Church and your Pastor/Priest talks from the Old Testament, Moses?  Do you correct them or rush from the Church or suffer in silence, I wonder?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #76 - Feb 23rd, 2019 at 6:35pm

Gandalf, this is the take-home message, which you conveniently left out:

https://www.caselaw.nsw.gov.au/decision/5c6481bee4b0196eea4045ea

Decision: The application will be dismissed.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #77 - Feb 23rd, 2019 at 6:44pm

Actually, the ancient South Americans would take their people up those steep steps to chop their heads off as a cure for their schizophrenia! Such 'ancient Hospitals' indeed via a society that had massive crops on every brain-screwing drug available besides Corn, Potato, etc.

Little wonder when some Shiny Spaniards appeared - they all got paranoid and fled into the wild.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #78 - Feb 24th, 2019 at 2:40pm

the board liar wrote: Reply #75 - Yesterday at 4:09pm

Quote:
An interesting concept.  Apart from the Carthaginians who are now accepted as sacrificing their children to their gods, there isn't much evidence of it occurring, apart from what is described in the Old Testament of the Bible.   The Aztecs were separate, they only sacrificed willing, adults, not children.   Their view was that if people weren't willing to be sacrificed, then the Gods would ignore the prayers offered at the same time.   Indeed, for many years, the Spaniards were incensed by the Aztecs because their sacrifices seemed to imitate the Christian sacrament (which is, afterall, simply ritualised cannibalism).  The Aztecs didn't engage in Cannibalism, either. The Romans were interesting in that, yes, they engaged in barbaric "sport" to satisfy the blood lust of the general populace however, they never sacrificed humans for religious purposes.

Does nothiing to disprove my statement that ancient societies were cruel and barbaric, totally different to todays societies,  except for the followers of islam who have an unchangeable infallible book,  which still preaches that rape torture and mass murder is aceptable.

Quote:
What is even more interesting though, is that your reference to the Old Testament says that you are bullshitting when you say "all true Christians abhore the Old Testament in favour of the New," Moses.   Funny that. Tell us, do you abore the 10 Commandments - which are the foundation, the cornerstone, even of Christian teaching and of course, are in the Old Testament?

Are just lying again or are you (a doctor of divinity) actually of such low intelligence that you do not know the difference between the ancient Judaic law and the Ten Commandments?

Until you know the difference it is no use talking to someone who lies and has no knowledge of the subject.

You can answer your own questions by being truthful (very hard for someone like you I know) and having knowledge of the subject.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #79 - Feb 24th, 2019 at 3:23pm

The Roman's didn't sacrifice babies. They just killed them out of convenience. Like a late abortion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_sacrifice#South_America

The Incas practiced human sacrifice, especially at great festivals or royal funerals where retainers died to accompany the dead into the next life.[96] The Moche of Eastern Peru sacrificed teenagers en masse, as archaeologist Steve Bourget found when he uncovered the bones of 42 male adolescents in 1995.[97]

The study of the images seen in Moche art has enabled researchers to reconstruct the culture's most important ceremonial sequence, which began with ritual combat and culminated in the sacrifice of those defeated in battle. Dressed in fine clothes and adornments, armed warriors faced each other in ritual combat. In this hand-to-hand encounter the aim was to remove the opponent's headdress rather than kill him. The object of the combat was the provision of victims for sacrifice. The vanquished were stripped and bound, after which they were led in procession to the place of sacrifice. The captives are portrayed as strong and sexually potent. In the temple, the priests and priestesses would prepare the victims for sacrifice. The sacrificial methods employed varied, but at least one of the victims would be bled to death. His blood was offered to the principal deities in order to please and placate them.[98]

The Inca of Peru also made human sacrifices. As many as 4,000 servants, court officials, favorites, and concubines were killed upon the death of the Inca Huayna Capac in 1527, for example.[99] A number of mummies of sacrificed children have been recovered in the Inca regions of South America, an ancient practice known as qhapaq hucha. The Incas performed child sacrifices during or after important events, such as the death of the Sapa Inca (emperor) or during a famine.[97]

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #80 - Feb 24th, 2019 at 3:49pm

moses wrote on Feb 24th, 2019 at 2:40pm:
the board liar wrote: Reply #75 - Yesterday at 4:09pm

Quote:

Does nothiing to disprove my statement that ancient societies were cruel and barbaric, totally different to todays societies,  except for the followers of islam who have an unchangeable infallible book,  which still preaches that rape torture and mass murder is aceptable.

Many were, many weren't, Moses.  It is hard to qualify a blanket statement like that when you present no proof.  I know of many examples of "hard, cruel societies" where kindness and humility was shown to people not of their kith or kin.

Quote:
Quote:
What is even more interesting though, is that your reference to the Old Testament says that you are bullshitting when you say "all true Christians abhore the Old Testament in favour of the New," Moses.   Funny that. Tell us, do you abore the 10 Commandments - which are the foundation, the cornerstone, even of Christian teaching and of course, are in the Old Testament?

Are just lying again or are you (a doctor of divinity) actually of such low intelligence that you do not know the difference between the ancient Judaic law and the Ten Commandments?

Ah, so actually when you say that Christianity ignores the Old Testament, what you mean is, "Christianity ignores most of the Old Testament but still keeps the important bits to itself," right?   Oh, dearie, dearie, me, just another contradiction in your beliefs, hey, Moses?  Tsk, tsk, I wonder how many more lies we will find if we look more closely at what you claim about Christianity, Mmmmm?

Quote:
Until you know the difference it is no use talking to someone who lies and has no knowledge of the subject.

Oh, I have "the knowledge" and I suspect far more than you actually do, Moses.   It is a shame that I keep managing to trip you up, all the time, hey?

Quote:
You can answer your own questions by being truthful (very hard for someone like you I know) and having knowledge of the subject.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  You really are a bit of a foolish bigot, Moses.   Such ignorance, such illogicality.   Tell me, do you believe all the events in the Old Testament are true or not?   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #81 - Feb 24th, 2019 at 5:50pm

The board liar wrote:
Quote:
Ah, so actually when you say that Christianity ignores the Old Testament, what you mean is, "Christianity ignores most of the Old Testament but still keeps the important bits to itself," right?   Oh, dearie, dearie, me, just another contradiction in your beliefs, hey, Moses?  Tsk, tsk, I wonder how many more lies we will find if we look more closely at what you claim about Christianity, Mmmmm?

Oh gee the troll liar has deliberately lied once again (so what's new?)

You show your unintelligent lying character with the above.

if you were capable of honesty you would tell us how the Christians all believe that the law was finished / fulfilled by the crucifixion of Christ.

However you have repeatedly deliberately lied to us, you lack intelligence as you cannot comprehend the difference between law and commandments in a book.

Quote:
Oh, I have "the knowledge" and I suspect far more than you actually do, Moses.   It is a shame that I keep managing to trip you up, all the time, hey?

you say you're knowledgeable, yet you choose to deliberately lie on a debate site?

Quote:
Tell me, do you believe all the events in the Old Testament are true or not?

All books are written and authored by men / women, man is not infallible.

You simply read books in the light that the author intended them to be understood as.

As an example the N.T. is written by several men whose objectivity was to spread the word that Christ had died for the sins of mankind. So that is the way I understand it.

conversely:

The qur'an was authored by a thief liar pedophile rapist torturer and mass murderer muhammad.

It conveys the message that allah hates all non-believers, muslims are to rule the world, muslims are to oppress non believers, muslims can rape torture and murder people that allah hates.

That is precisely why today muslims are the global terrorist threat to mankind.

You stick with your lies and support for islamic terrorism forked tongue, I'm happy to know that I am on the opposite side of the fence to people like you.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Judges issue racist verdict
Reply #82 - Feb 23rd, 2019 at 7:00pm

[New thread merged to this thread]

The judges (members) in the Sonia Kruger case made racist claims in their deliberation, which they attributed to Andrew Bolt. Dr Robert Dubler SC and Anthea Elisabeth Lowe dismissed the claim that Kruger racially vilified Australian Muslims, on the grounds that Muslims are not a race. In consideration of their verdict, they explained:

Thereby, Ms Kruger goes further than Mr Andrew Bolt, who accepts in his article that “truly, the number of Muslims in the country does not tell the full story”. Mr Andrew Bolt points out that Germany, whilst having possibly more Muslims than France, may have escaped the same level of terrorism as France “perhaps because many of its Muslims came from Turkey, more westernised than the North African countries’’ which are the source of most Muslims in France.

The case was heard before the Civil and Administrative Tribunal of New South Wales under the Administrative and Equal Opportunity Division and the Anti-Discrimination Act of 1977. The complaint was made by Sam Ekermawi, who regularly brings similar cases before the courts, including the Alan Jones case. He was served a bankruptcy notice in 2012.
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2019 at 9:35am by polite_gandalf »  

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Judges issue racist verdict
Reply #83 - Feb 23rd, 2019 at 7:02pm

Good news for dear Sonia.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #84 - Feb 23rd, 2019 at 7:33pm

A win for the us infidels

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #85 - Feb 23rd, 2019 at 10:04pm

freediver wrote on Feb 23rd, 2019 at 7:00pm:
The judges (members) in the Sonia Kruger case made racist claims in their deliberation, which they attributed to Andrew Bolt. Dr Robert Dubler SC and Anthea Elisabeth Lowe dismissed the claim that Kruger racially vilified Australian Muslims, on the grounds that Muslims are not a race. In consideration of their verdict, they explained:

Thereby, Ms Kruger goes further than Mr Andrew Bolt, who accepts in his article that “truly, the number of Muslims in the country does not tell the full story”. Mr Andrew Bolt points out that

Germany, whilst having possibly more Muslims than France, may have escaped the same level of terrorism as France “perhaps because many of its Muslims came from Turkey, more westernised than the North African countries’’ which are the source of most Muslims in France.

The case was heard before the Civil and Administrative Tribunal of New South Wales under the Administrative and Equal Opportunity Division and the Anti-Discrimination Act of 1977. The complaint was made by Sam Ekermawi, who regularly brings similar cases before the courts, including the Alan Jones case. He was served a bankruptcy notice in 2012.

Bloody racist judges, at the Civil and Administrative Tribunal of New South Wales !!!

Wink           Grin

Where are gandalf, and greggery, et al ???

Are they going to pile on to these racist judges ?

African moslems, less 'westernised' than Turkish moslems !

Yeah, sure!               Grin

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #86 - Feb 23rd, 2019 at 11:37pm

freediver wrote on Feb 23rd, 2019 at 7:00pm:

Thereby, Ms Kruger goes further than Mr Andrew Bolt, who accepts in his article that “truly, the number of Muslims in the country does not tell the full story”. Mr Andrew Bolt points out that Germany, whilst having possibly more Muslims than France, may have escaped the same level of terrorism as France “perhaps because many of its Muslims came from Turkey, more westernised than the North African countries’’ which are the source of most Muslims in France.

Ah yes, but is it as racist as the plausible theory that Arabs are more malevolent and inbred than their Indonesian counterparts because of their Negroid genes?

That's just good science, no?

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #87 - Feb 24th, 2019 at 12:58am

Its far better to have Turkey branded Muslims invading a country than to have North African branded Muslims invading a country.
Racism and truth.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #88 - Feb 24th, 2019 at 8:54am

Johnnie wrote on Feb 24th, 2019 at 12:58am:
Its far better to have Turkey branded Muslims invading a country than to have North African branded Muslims invading a country.
Racism and truth.

Do you agree with Mattywisk, FD?

Is Johnny Turk a better migrant than the Gollywogs?

That's a question.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #89 - Feb 24th, 2019 at 11:30am

@ Reply #6,

K,

Are some moslems, just people who are the devoted followers of a peaceful and tolerant faith ?

As in,  .....'They wouldn't urt a fly.'

That's a question.

K,

How can i distinguish the peaceful and tolerant followers of ISLAM,
from the followers of ISLAM who are latent, wanna-be homicidal maniacs ?

Are the peaceful and tolerant followers of ISLAM, tattooed with the words 'PEACEFUL CO-EXISTENCE' on their foreheads ???

That's another two questions.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14
Send Topic Print