Send Topic Print
Sounds Good (Read 369 times)
PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sounds Good
Feb 11th, 2019 at 4:59pm

Quote:
Just months after the Fairfax name was removed from the family's former mastheads, John B Fairfax will reinvest in the news industry, announcing a new online site for investigative journalism.

The new venture aims, in part, to counter concentrated media ownership in Australia.
"Independent journalism is important for any democracy"

"There are a lot of issues that are sitting out there, call them stones if you like, and they need to be upturned and examined."

The site, as yet unnamed, is scheduled to launch in April

LINK

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Sounds Good
Reply #1 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 5:06pm

PZ547 wrote on Feb 11th, 2019 at 4:59pm:
Quote:
Just months after the Fairfax name was removed from the family's former mastheads, John B Fairfax will reinvest in the news industry, announcing a new online site for investigative journalism.

The new venture aims, in part, to counter concentrated media ownership in Australia.

"There are a lot of issues that are sitting out there, call them stones if you like, and they need to be upturned and examined."

LINK

Basically meaning.
Australia's 'Propaganda' machine is now owned by 'other nations'. We are now totally in Non-Australian control and those that follow the Media here in blind submission are like...

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 5:35pm

Well I like the sound of some independent, investigative journalism

to combat what you've mentioned

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 5:44pm

PZ547 wrote on Feb 11th, 2019 at 5:35pm:

Yes, but its like its nothing more than a shadow of its former glory of Australian expression.
What are they going to investigate? The fact that the current 'over-seas' Medias here are manipulating the people of Australia with 'lies'?

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

The Reboot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

None of your damn business
Reply #4 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 7:53pm

Jasin wrote on Feb 11th, 2019 at 5:06pm:
Quote:

LINK

Basically meaning.
Australia's 'Propaganda' machine is now owned by 'other nations'. We are now totally in Non-Australian control and those that follow the Media here in blind submission are like...

Hasn't it been that way for years though?

I knew something wasn't right the moment we started mimicking the states with those morning shows... Lisa Wilkinson's fat ugly head isn't something I want to wake up to, that's for sure.PZ547 wrote on Feb 11th, 2019 at 5:35pm:

It will just be classed as 'fake news', or the equivalent to Alex Jones or David Icke...

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 8:07pm

The Reboot wrote on Feb 11th, 2019 at 7:53pm:
Jasin wrote on Feb 11th, 2019 at 5:06pm:
Quote:

LINK

Basically meaning.

Hasn't it been that way for years though?

I knew something wasn't right the moment we started mimicking the states with those morning shows... Lisa Wilkinson's fat ugly head isn't something I want to wake up to, that's for sure.PZ547 wrote on Feb 11th, 2019 at 5:35pm:

It will just be classed as 'fake news', or the equivalent to Alex Jones or David Icke...

I am hopeful

He's putting his own money into it at an age where the other wealthy put their feet up in a warm climate

He believes in independent journalism and don't we all rue its loss?

He will face considerable opposition and knows it

He talks about unturned stones and the necessity to turn them over and expose what they hide to our eyes

He'll be employing investigative journalists, all those made jobless by the media pap-machine.  And it sounds as if he's going to loosen the reins and let them go at it

I admire him and will subscribe

We can do this sort of journalism in this country.  We've done it before and done it well.  Even in these dire times, the Age has produced podcasts listened to by millions, world wide.  I think it was the Age also which ran the expose on the death/murder of Phoebe Handsjuk

Yep, I'm hopeful and hope all those Aussies who are gut-sick of the pap spewed by the mainstream media will support him

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print