Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
People 'gaming' the domestic violence Laws. (Read 3294 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: People 'gaming' the domestic violence Laws.
Reply #60 - Feb 13th, 2019 at 7:03pm

Do YOU, for example, mothra, feel that it is only right that the intervention of police and a court, both acts of violence BTW, is suitable as a response to a simple disagreement or a non-violent argument?

Do you accept that the intent of 'domestic violence laws' is to PREVENT violence - not BE violence opr to respond to ACTUAL violence, and is a civil action which in itself conveys no confirmation of any violence having occurred?

Do you accept that ceaseless propaganda and endless expansion of the 'definition' of 'violence' in that context, always one way, has created a false feeling that every such case involves actual violence?  If that is the case, there is no need for 'domestic violence laws' that claim to PREVENT violence, is there, and thus no avenue for this ceaseless propaganda?

Do you understand anything real about what 'domestic violence laws' are supposed to be - or are you - like so very many - hopelessly mired in the idea that they are attacking ACTUAL violence rather than 'preventing' violence from occurring?  95% of police call-outs say differently.

Can any of you effectively answer these questions without seeking to attack the messenger of peace?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Feb 13th, 2019 at 7:04pm

BigP wrote on Feb 13th, 2019 at 7:03pm:
mothra wrote on Feb 13th, 2019 at 6:50pm:
There is no point trying to discuss anything to do with family violence on this forum. Grappler simply destory any chance at communication.

I've tried many times over the years.

He is utterly unreasonable and any salient point he has is completely lost in his fanaticism.

I've simply given up.

I would be interested in your take on family violence Moth, But maybe we could start with the abridged version

Do you wish to discuss actual family violence - or 'domestic violence laws'?  Do you understand the difference?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

BigP
Gold Member

Australian Politics

West Auckland
Reply #62 - Feb 13th, 2019 at 7:06pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Feb 13th, 2019 at 7:04pm:
There is no point trying to discuss anything to do with family violence on this forum. Grappler simply destory any chance at communication.

He is utterly unreasonable and any salient point he has is completely lost in his fanaticism.

I've simply given up.

I would be interested in your take on family violence Moth, But maybe we could start with the abridged version

Do you wish to discuss actual family violence - or 'domestic violence laws'?  Do you understand the difference?

If you weren't such a simple minded fool i would be quite happy to discuss it with you lol

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Feb 13th, 2019 at 7:08pm

BigP wrote on Feb 13th, 2019 at 7:06pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Feb 13th, 2019 at 7:04pm:

I've simply given up.

If you weren't such a simple minded fool i would be quite happy to discuss it with you lol

Show yourself to be a simple-minded fool there - can't give one reasonable answer.

Perhaps you need to grow up first..... try sticking to the subject and answer the questions ... though I know you can't, sock-o.

― John Adams

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Feb 13th, 2019 at 7:10pm

I've simply given up.

In what respect?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Feb 13th, 2019 at 7:11pm

The title is:-  People 'gaming' the domestic violence Laws.

I'd be interested to hear views on that subject for a change.... instead of having to argue with the deaf and blind over facts.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Feb 13th, 2019 at 7:16pm

mothra wrote on Feb 13th, 2019 at 7:10pm:

I've simply given up.

In what respect?

― John Adams

IP Logged

BigP
Gold Member

Australian Politics

West Auckland
Reply #67 - Feb 13th, 2019 at 7:19pm

I've simply given up.

In what respect?

In what ever respect you were interested in pursuing

IP Logged

BigP
Gold Member

Australian Politics

West Auckland
Reply #68 - Feb 13th, 2019 at 7:22pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Feb 13th, 2019 at 7:11pm:

I'd be interested to hear views on that subject for a change.... instead of having to argue with the deaf and blind over facts.

Can you not see, are you not able to feel, Open your soul to your lord and he will heal you ,,

NAMASTE  Cry

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Feb 13th, 2019 at 7:25pm

BigP wrote on Feb 13th, 2019 at 7:19pm:

I've simply given up.

In what respect?

It's an incredibly complex issue that a great deal could be said about.

Again, i see no point pursuing it on this forum. Grappler simply makes discourse on this issue impossible.

I only popped in to give a bit of a sympathetic nod to those who walk where i have gone before.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Feb 13th, 2019 at 7:33pm

BigP wrote on Feb 13th, 2019 at 7:22pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Feb 13th, 2019 at 7:11pm:

Can you not see, are you not able to feel, Open your soul to your lord and he will heal you ,,

NAMASTE  Cry

You are totally lost - you must first work out the very vast difference between violence and law, and the allegedly civil action 'domestic violence laws'... as I said long ago - the very use of the term 'violence' in the title has created a totally false impression of what these (non) laws are really about - they claim to be PREVENTING violence - not punishing it.  There are REAL laws to do that....

Then you must find out how these (non) laws have been perverted to mean, in the eye of the gullible, punishment for violence when they are no such thing, and how they have been further perverted by a never-ending extension of the 'definition' of violence within relationships by a massively self-interested group - a group interested only in absolute control over relationships and thus of families and thus of society, which operates around and for families.

That group has caused endless harm to men and their children, and to women, and now and increasingly into the future, to the authorities who are handed the job of walking a tight-rope between reality and unreality, fact and (alleged) feeling, and most often failing.

Then you must offer a reasonable alternative to the current (non) laws and the disastrous way in which this issue has been approached and handled.

I am the messenger of peace and reason .. I seek a reduction in the violence starting with removing that false use of that word in the title - we must take things one at a time when dealing with simpletons in government - where do you stand?

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Feb 13th, 2019 at 7:38pm

mothra wrote on Feb 13th, 2019 at 7:25pm:
BigP wrote on Feb 13th, 2019 at 7:19pm:

I've simply given up.

In what respect?

It's an incredibly complex issue that a great deal could be said about.

Again, i see no point pursuing it on this forum. Grappler simply makes discourse on this issue impossible.

I only popped in to give a bit of a sympathetic nod to those who walk where i have gone before.

You simply cannot answer the questions... hardly my fault... why not try sometime? 

The subject matter here is:- People 'gaming' the domestic violence Laws.

Any views on that part of this complex issue?  It is in fact you and your kind who make discourse impossible, since you will not even begin to address the basics first, which desperately need to be settled and defined properly.  It is you and your kind who force me to argue endlessly over realities which you will not accept in your usual 'emotive' 'feeling' way, as opposed to addressing the issues.... and when you endlessly get lost looking at the trees of single isolated incidents as if they are the totality of the issue, rather than looking at the forest for the cures.

Don't blame me for your shortcomings...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #72 - Feb 13th, 2019 at 7:41pm

The stories I have involve women USING those Laws to their personal advantage....not for protection at all.  I.e........gaming.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Feb 13th, 2019 at 8:27pm

**sighs**  I think I'm going to have to run tutorials on this subject.......

Perpetually bogged down in anecdotes and single tree episodes of basically the genuinely violent kind - always obscures the realities.... and leads many to the assumption that it's all about violence.... which it never was.... it's about control ....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #74 - Feb 13th, 2019 at 8:45pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Feb 13th, 2019 at 8:27pm:
**sighs**  I think I'm going to have to run tutorials on this subject.......

Perpetually bogged down in anecdotes and single tree episodes of basically the genuinely violent kind - always obscures the realities.... and leads many to the assumption that it's all about violence.... which it never was.... it's about control ....

Nah...I say it is about power, handed by legislation to women and presents an easy way out for the Cops so they can get on with their shift, fill out a few forms, and some bloke just lost his home for several weeks before the judicial system catches up with the summary Cop action, precipitated by a woman who knows how it works, and games it.

Grappler.......I reckon you have some broader issue which I am not meaning to address, and have zero qualification to address.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print